Tennis Here I Come - From H+ to D maybe DD

This is the beginning of my "blog". I'm nervous,...

This is the beginning of my "blog". I'm nervous, anxious, and excited. I started this quest about 3 years ago. My breast seemed to start growing after I turned 35 - WTF! I was a comfortable full "C" cup and very active in tennis. However, now I am a size 34H - even though I really think I'm bigger than that because my H bras are saying "hello - umm yeah no". But let's just go with 34H for now. Anway, I'm very happy to have found this website after stalking the internet looking at women's breast reduction photos for about a year. The stories here have made me more comfortable and confident in my decision. You ladies really are superstars and it's really great to have a site like this one where there's a community of women who went through and are currently going through the exact same thing as me! I just want to be able to wear button down shirts, where slim fitting shirts/dresses, and damnit just be able to zip up my coat in this 10 degree weather for goodness sake!!

I haven't gotten approval from my insurance company but I'm moving forward anyway and PRAYING that they will reimburse the cost after the procedure. I will say that while my surgeon was recommended - Dr. Michael Olding, I have not been that happy with the staff support. It worries me a little bit that they are not following through with requests from my insurance company. I understand that doctors have a hard time getting reimbursed from the insurance companies and a lot of time the surgeon request payment up front for the procedure - especially when it's considered cosmetic, however, in my case I was reassured by his staff that I should have no problem getting reimbursed for the procedure - so what the problem? I just hope that once they receive payment from me they don't forget to fight to get me reimbursed.

I'm scheduled for my pre-op next Friday and my surgery is January 30th. Again thanks ladies and I will keep you posted.

Insurance Anxiety

My Surgeon requested payment up front which I'm prepred to do but I'm having a little anxiety wondering if the insurance will pay for this after the procedure has already been done?? Has anyone else done the procedure first AND THEN requested to be reimbursed or had your doctors office request payment for the procedure??

Breast Reduction Drains

Is it better to keep your drains in longer? I've been searching the site and I can't seem to find any posts relative to the drains and how long they should stay in and if there are any benefits to keeping them in longer. I spoke to a woman about her reduction and she said her surgeon kept hers in for like 5 days...
Thanks!!
Yvette, I am in the process of still interviewing surgeons, I had a consultation with one on past Friday. She was very patient and explained a lot in more details unlike the past consultations. She mentioned, she tends to place drains in most ethnic patients, she said we may age nicely but our scintilla reacts differently to trauma. From few of the reviews I read mentioned having drains in as long as possible helps with the healing. It is a huge step in choosing a surgeon, be as picky as possible. Even if you have your surgery scheduled, I say add couple more consults that will either confirm that you have chosen the right doctor or make you reconsider him. Good luck and keep us posted
I don't really have any anxiety about the doctor skills to perform the surgery. He is the Chief of Plastic Surgery of GWU hospital and has performed surgery on several well known public figures. However I am concerned about his/his staff's lackadaisical attitude towards getting my costs reimbursed.

Countdown...Eeek!!

I actually spoke the number of days to someone this morning when they asked ... and I was like oh my goodness!! In 17 days I will not have to stand in my closet - looking at all my clothes that won't fasten, are too tight across the chest, make me look like Jessica Rabbit, and make me want to burst out in tears! I have actually done that - burst out in tears cause I didn't know how to camouflage my breast that day! Days that I'm PMS'ing are the absolute worse. You know ... you are already extremely sensitive AND your boobs seem to swell up too! My pre-op is this Friday and I'm loading up with tons of questions to ask my PS. Added another pic to show - this is one my significant other (who is not at all pleased with this procedure - I will post about that later), purchased the bikini to wear while in Mexico - I would NEVER wear this at my neighborhood pool!!

Mexico pic

Here's the photo.
I paid myself as I did not want to battle with insurance - many surgeons in Austin do not deal with insurance either. I think you need to be prepared not to be repaid. Many surgeons do not use drains at all - You could try and find a surgeon who ties off carefully and does not use them. Please choose carefully - listen to your instincts - if you have doubts find someone else that makes you feel totally confident.
Wow and omfg you have a lot to carry! I am sure you will feel relieved after the surgery, as i will too ( i have 36 DDDs so still a bit smaller than yours) but i hate mine as much as everyone does. Today i was a little shopping and i found a nice shirt where i thought oh wow, maybe it fits after the surgery. But as soon as i undressed and saw the misery hanging in front of me i was so disgusted by myself that I didn't want to shop anymore. It seems that no bra is getting older than six months, because after that time every support that was in it, has left the building! These straps and elastic bands are a total shit. And i am so fed up with these boobs.
Tell me about it - it's a hell of a lot to carry around! I get so frustrated trying to sleep on my stomach - with the bulge coming out from the sides - Ughhhh! And yes shopping is an absolute nightmare! I feel EXACTLY the way you do when I try on clothes. You are not alone in that at all. This weekend I finally went to the mall and had a little pep in my step because I know soon I will be able to actually feel comfortable trying on clothes again! I figure within a month after surgery I will treat myself to a shopping spree for the spring/summer season!

Bloodwork Completed

Spoke with PCP - all blood work in and I'm all clear for my procedure. I have low iron but I'm not anemic - which would have caused a problem for surgery. Starting my Vitamin C today which I've learned from this site helps the healing process. There's so much information it's hard to remember everything. I've started a "breast journal" - which houses all my questions for the doctor, things to purchase before op, things to do before op, and now photos of ideal breast size and shapes. Hopefully no one will ever find my book or they will think I'm a complete weirdo. Right now I'm just obsessed with boobs. I look at every woman's breast now and think - "I wonder what size she is?" :-). 15 days to go! I promise I won't make an entry every day.. :-)
It's normal to be like that - I constantly found myself noticing breast and was always wondering what I would look like after surgery and wondering what sizes women were - my hubby teased me about it :-)
Yep that's me!
Hey who cares, make an entry everyday! I feel like i could write at least two a day ;) It is ok to be excited! I always had to hide the ton of boob pictures i had on my phone! I also thought if someone is able to hack my phone they will think i am a perv or something like that! I kept shoving them on my computer and just kept the ones that were the best for my goal ;)

Breast Log

I've started a log on my ipad of breast photos - these I will take with me to my doctors office to show him what I'm after. The thought of a beautiful full C/small D seems beyond comprehension. I've recently seen some posts where women wanted a certain cup size and unfortunately came out of surgery not feeling or looking much different from when they went in - we are talking 3 months post surgery!! What the hell is that all about?? This requires further research...

OMG!!

Did my post just say 14 DAYS PRE?!??!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!
Ha ha, I got into single figures today, another landmark...9 days to go
Don't freak out girl...you're gonna do AWESOME! The nerves are NORMAL. Stay rested, hydrated and healthy. You GOT this ;-D
Thanks Suzy - you are awesome :-)

I'll take one set of these please!

My dream boobs :-)
Hi Yboobs. you asked about the tape - the doctor gave me the tape - It is from 3M - micropore. 6 days post surgery they took the surgery tape off and put this - it is a brownish/flesh color. I have to change it every week but keep it on for 3 months - it has not been difficult - I was just thinking today that I only have 2 weeks left. It is good because it protects the tender skin, reinforces the incisions and the scars are 100 % flat. Found a link for you to get some: http://www.totalhomecaresupplies.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Name=3M_Micropore_Surgical_Tape_Tan&CategoryName=101503&gclid=CM_I0cf2gbwCFTRo7AodqAsAFg Good luck!
Awesome! It's been a long time coming for you being postponed and all. Stay away from all things coughing, sneezing, itching, and whatever else that may try to sabotage your big day!! Have you had your pre-op with the dr?
Had a pre op 23rd December, nothing has been said about having to do a more up to date one. I don't know what I'd do if I picked up another bug, feeling really well now and went swimming today.

Follow-Up Mammogram Request - Pre Surgery

Ugh just spoke with my PS office and they want me to follow up to my initial mammogram to ensure there are no problems. This is so frustrating - finding someone to fit me into the schedule 2 weeks prior to my operation is next to impossible! Getting your results the same day is even more frustrating! I would hate to have my surgery postponed because of this! I have been dealing with lumpy breast since I was in my 20s - thankfully its always come back clear but ... now I'm just worried.
Hey thank you for posting to "my guest book" ;) i like your goal boobs very much, they look the size i would prefer. Keep us updated if you can find someone doing the mammogram quickly enough! It is really annoying that they didn't tell you that a bit earlier..

Right Choice...

Ok so I just came back from my pre-op ... let me just start by saying I was quite nervous and a tad shaky as I'm sitting there waiting for him to come in. Feeling a little anxious about what I'm doing...then he comes in and the feelings do not subside at all. I feel like he was a little impatient with my questions and hardly looked at me while going thru the paperwork. Basically, after the third question he basically started gathering up his stuff preparing to leave...I WASN'T FINISHED!! I felt completely rushed and he basically told me I wouldn't be getting a C cup because my breast are too large and my scar - well let's just say it's a f*cking extended anchor - no chance for a lollipop which I'm ok with but going from cleavage to upper side - I think this is excessive. Grant it I know I have huge breasts but I've seen other ladies on here who don't have that huge scar...Needless to say - I'm really questioning my decision...maybe I need to get my money back and continue my search. Perhaps I can still get this done within the next couple of months. I'm so frustrated!
You absolutely 100% must trust your gut. Even more red flags being raised and now even *you* are questioning your decision, thinking about getting your money back and continuing your search. As for the scar, I think that's something you need to wrap your head around and come to grips with because going from an H cup to a C cup I'd be wary of any reputable surgeon who says they can to that big of a reduction with just a lollipop. I was in your same position... I was pretty darn adamant that I did not want an anchor, I wanted a lollipop but my surgeon (who I trusted IMPLICITLY!) explained it wasn't do-able and more important he explained why. And I was *just* going from a DDD/F cup to a C cup. Like I said, I wanted a lollipop, had my heart set on a lollipop and did not want an anchor scar but trusted my surgeon that it was going to result in the best outcome for me. Sure, I have a larger scar but guess what... scars will heal and they will fade but a craptastic breast reduction because I had the hubris to think I knew better than my surgeon, well, that would pretty much permanent. Thanks but I'll take an UNDER breast scar over a craptastic breast reduction any day of the week. Yes, the scar is long but it's UNDER my breast and I'm surely not seeing it every day. What I *am* seeing is a great looking pair of boobs that I'd be proud to show off... scars and all :-)
I'm working on coming to grips with the size of the scar and even the doctors nonexistent bedside manners. I've now seen his work first hand so I've decided to move forward. I'm going to remain optimistic and I'm sure it will all work out.
i alos think if you feel so uncomfortable then you might better look for someone else, even if i wasn't that happy on the second appointment with my surgeon either because he also seemed in a rush and he always had his mobile buzzing and it really got on my nerves.. You will find someone else you like. But about the scar, i really think you have alot of breast and a lot of skin, so i guess you should plan that the anchor goes from the beginning of the breastfold ( so the cleavage is free of scaring ) and back to the armpits. As i was told, if you have so much weight and excess skin there is no other way than reducing it with an Anchor-Incision..

Moving Forward

I've decided to move forward with my surgery. I've come this close - I don't want to turn back now. I'm sure the PS skills are better than his bedside manner and with all the encouragement I get from the community I'm sure that things will work out. I have learned so many things on this site and there's nothing like hearing from REAL WOMEN with REAL EXPERIENCES. You guys are the absolute best. I'm ok with a D cup - besides that will hide the scars better with the fullness of my breast. I just don't want to be a H/J or whatever the heck I am these days!

I can't believe that next week this time...I will be preparing to go to surgery the next day...it seems surreal.

Going shopping this weekend and picking up my prescriptions. The most important prescription I'm gathering from the ladies is the nausea patch to put behind my ear the night before surgery. That could be a life saver!

Got into another "discussion" with my significant other where I ended up telling him if he feels like he just can't come to grips with the BR maybe he should go find someone who is happy with the oversized breast on her chest and leave me alone! My happiness is more important than his at this point - he needs to come to grips with the inevitable or kick rocks!!

Oh one more thing...

When I showed my PS the picture of my dream boobs - he said that won't look right on you because she's skinnier than you...WTF????? Who says that to a woman??? How about - "that would not look right on your body type".
Ou and don't be sad about the stupid comment of your PS, mine said to me " you are not slim..." but then i looked at him and said "... But not fat also!" I am normal. I guess that is something a PS can't accept because if people believed they are pretty as they are, they would have no jobs!!!
True!
Yes you are right about the amount of skin and tissue that needs to happen to take me down...I've slowly come to grips with that. You only have a few days to go!! Gonna read your post and see how you are holding up - good luck - and please keep us updted!

Pre-Admission

Spoke with the pre-admission nurse at the hospital to go over my do's and don'ts. I can feel my heart beating - this is really going to happen... I'm PS's 2nd and last procedure of the day. Thank goodness he doesn't have 2 ahead of me or 1 after me - want him to be nice, calm, and relaxed. No rushing to and fro - just concentrate and let the artistry commence! May get called in earlier if he finishes up with the first patient sooner - please don't have a dinner party to go to.

Just purchased my Marena bra as recommended on the site, got a medium..hope it fits...can't remember the last time I bought a medium anything for chest. Next Mepitac for my incisions.

Spoke to my daughter who wants to be there but I told her no I wanted to see how my signficant other did with caring for me - yes this is a test...hope he passes.

2nd Mammogram Completed

Went and had my 2nd mammogram today and got the green light to move forward with surgery on Thursday...I have so much anxiety right now. My body is tingling all over because I'm ready but not ready. Filled all my prescriptions and went shopping for all my supplies including scar medicines which I know I can't start using until my scars heal up. I just want to be prepared. My fingertips are tingling as I'm writing this..next week this time I will be 3 days post and probably going crazy from watching day time tv.

While I was at my mammogram the nurse was saying how great my breast look and how women pay for these things and all I could think was - am I being ungrateful? No that's crazy ... I have way more than any one woman should have. I just want them to be just like they are but smaller. I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm VERY nervous about the scars but I think after reading all the posts and researching things on the internet - I am armed and ready to take on any scar that could appear or result. Stuff to flatten, lighten and fade, minimize the appearance of - I purchased it! I've spent a good $100 on just stuff. The only thing I need is for my PS to be in a extremely artistic mood where the incisions are fine lines and precise.

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to bidding au voire (sp?) to the girlz. I'm happy this is happening right now - I'm in a good place. Things seem like they are moving along without a hitch. I don't know about you but I believe when speed bumps appear that is a reason for pause and reevaluation.

By the summer I will be able to wear all the beautiful sun dresses and tank tops I haven't been able to wear for years - I'M SO EXCITED!
Happy birthday and good luck with your surgery. I am so excited for you. What a wonderful birthday present! You will be so happy. The people that say they would kill for breasts like ours, don't realize all the pain that is associated with them. I had my BR 4 weeks ago and am so very happy I had the surgery. Just wish I knew what I do know and had the surgery years ago. I will be thinking about you and hope your recovery goes as smoothly as mine has. :)
Happy Birthday and congrats on your upcoming surgery - you are going to do great !!!!!
Thanks Tash!

my personal shelf

yes - that's what I call them - shelves. when I eat things fall onto my shelf instead of my lap. i took these photos so i could compare in the same shirt and bra after surgery.
Happy Birthday. My mother used to call my breasts a shelf too and whenever I ate crumbs would fall all over the shelf. Thankfully, I don't have that problem anymore. It is hard for a surgeon to make someone a C cup from an H cup but a D is certainly reasonable. When you are taking that much off the surgeon has to go for an anchor incision. The scars fade quite quickly after a couple of months and six months later I hardly realize I have any scars - the scars under the breasts are hidden so you don't even have to worry about them. You will feel so much better once you are smaller and you will be able to play tennis again in a couple of months. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. Your new boobs will be a great birthday present.
I'm really hoping for quick healing faded scars. 6 months would be fabulous but I'm thinking within a year they should be barely noticeable. Thanks much for the encouragement. It means a lot to get the support and well wishes I have received!
Excellent - glad all is moving along - you will love it!!

Finally coming around..but then does he have a choice :-)

Well my bf is finally coming around and coming to grips with his toys being downsized. It's been a hard road that has caused much stress in our relationship and I'm slightly still off center because of it but it's nice that he has finally said that he is behind me no matter what and he just wants me to be happy.
In 48 hours I will be among you lovely ladies who have crossed over to the lighter side of things and only you can imagine the emotions and thoughts that are going thru my head. What's really amazing is that I have not lost an ounce of sleep. I'm sleeping like a baby! :-) However, it's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night. I can't wait to be able to see my belly button!!

In other news my Marena bra came in last night - I meant to try it on so I could take a before and after pic but I will do it tonight. I ordered a medium so I hope it fits...more later.

The updated just said 1 day pre???...holy crap!!

Inhale - exhale - inhale - exhale....
ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!!! see you on the smaller side.
Good luck! I just scheduled my surgery for 3/3/14, going from a 38I to hopefully much smaller. BTW you are not fat you have a great figure. Once you get the "Girls" to a size in proportion you will be smoking!! Tell your BF he will have to fight off the competition.
Heeeeyyy, happy birthday to you! I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and a good aftercaring hubby! You will be thrilled how much lighter you're going to feel! I don't regret anything! I believe it was the best i could do and even my hub really loves the new boobs! As bruised as they are! It might be a rough time at first vut with the right medications everything is bare able! I am crossing fingers for you, i am excited for you aaalooot! See you on the other side!! Xoxo

After-Size...After-Shock??

Will they still be too big - too small, will one be round and the other square, will my nipples be too high or too low, will my scars spread and widen, will one be a C and the other a D, will I loose sensation, will I realize how flabby my stomach really is?!?!?!?!?
Hope your surgery goes well
So many unknowns, but I am sure you will do great! I wasn't nervous about the surgery itself I just wondered what I would look like. Good luck and can't wait to hear updates from you on the other smaller side :)
Good luck tomorrow - very exciting!

Speed Bump!!

Just got a call from the hospital regarding payment for the procedure tomorrow. Seems like they can't process my insurance for the facility charge tomorrow! I'm about to have an anxiety attack. Apparently they follow the surgeons lead and process payment as a cash - paid in full - prior to surgery the same way the surgeon did. I was under the impression that I could pay the surgeon and allow the facilities charges to be billed to my insurance. I have a call in to the supervisor and I'm PRAYING that they will work with me on the payment - I do not have another $1600 to hand over tomorrow!!! Please don't let this thing have to be postponed for another month! I'm ready right now!!
I am so sorry I cant believe that! I know you were all ready! Im sorry hun!
Good luck. Insurance processing can be so frustrating!!
Well... my stomach is flabby. And because of some stupid woman i realized it today. BUT, even IF. I have now very sexy nice and perky breasts. Before i had a flabby tummy AND ugly breasts. So.. i wouldn't think about it twice :P I am crossing fingers for your that everything will be fine and the payment won't become a problem!

Tomorrow is the day!

Just took a shower and put on the nausea patch "transdermal" prescribed by the PS. After reading about all the ladies who have suffered with the nausea after surgery I'm so glad I have this.
Got my travel pillow for the ride home for protection against the seat belt and my oversized button down pajama top to wear home.

I had absolutely no appetite today but forced myself to eat something since I probably won't eat tomorrow. Brought the recliner in the living room but as soon as I can sleep in the bed it will definitely go back in the office.

I can't believe it's happening tomorrow! Some of the girls that I told at work came and hugged me and squashed my breast against theirs - they were being funny but I just felt weird! Every one is so excited to see the new me and so am I!

I will probably post again tomorrow once I get admitted!
I had to pay everything in advance - the surgeon, the surgery center facility and the anesthesiologist - they should not have left till the last minute though - hope it resolves.
Best wishes for a safe and speedy surgery...you'll be fine.
Thanks Suzy!

All done!

I've made it to the smaller side. Surgery was at 1 and the doctor finished around 6. I didn't leave the hospital until 12:30. The anesthesia really hit me pretty hard. It's now 7:30 day after surgery and I'm feeling like the fog of it is finally lifting. Went to see PS for follow up this afternoon and he told me I was one of the most difficult reductions he has ever done. He removed a baseball sized lump from my breast and needed to make sure my boobies were around the same in size after the removal of the lumps. He removed about 5 lbs - I can't wait to step on the scale :-). I'm not in any pain just discomfort. My boobs are so small to me but the PS said I'll end up a D cup. This will definitely take some getting use to.
write more later -:sleepy again.
Congratulations on making it to the other side. Get your beauty sleep.
Thanks much for checking in with me! The percocet really helps alot :-)
congratulations, it will have been harder to recover after being under 5 hours, twice the average time. take it easy

Update - day 2

Yesterday the PS showed me my boobs - I'm like whoa they are so small!! I couldn't believe those were my boob! It's going to take some getting used to this new body but I'm ready! I'm feeling a little sore but no real pain. Some reason I don't feel supported and when I get up to walk around I have to hold under my breast. Did anyone else feel this way? Woke up with a slight headache this morning and my appetite is nonexistent. Had a couple spoons of soup yesterday and that was it. Throat still hurts from the breathing tube but for the most part im pretty. PS said my drains will come out Monday. Looking forward to that even though they're no bother. Can't take a shower until then either.

My bf hasn't seen them yet but I don't think he will like how small they are. But this isn't about him.
Yes I used to hold my boobs. I then used to wear 2 bras - the surgical and a spanx bra on top. Holding them tight seems to help.
I forgot to mention that I did and still do feel the need to hold my breasts up. I know I don't have to but it does seem like it takes some of the pressure off the stitches pulling.
Yeah for some reason I feel like my stitches will burst. I know that's all in my head but I can't seem to drop my arms and just relax.

feeling better today

Today I'm feeling a lot better. The fog is finally gone and I'm moving around. I still have the drains in but there's very little coming into them. The PS wanted to keep them in through the weekend since surgery lasted so long on Thursday. No real bother but I can't wait to take a shower! I have to take iron pills to build my levels back up.

I'm a little nervous about seeing my incisions and looking forward to starting to use the silicone sheets I purchased. The PS put these small steri strips on my incisions I would have preferred the long stripes that completely cover the incisions because I think that would minimize their appearance.
Even with the surgical bra and all the stuffing you look thinner and your breasts look so much smaller. I hope you get those dream boobs.
;) you already look nicely shaped in that bra, can't wait to see your results, i am sure you will feel better soon :)
Thanks hon - I actually feel good right now. Just a little pulling on the side. Trying not to reach for things is the hardest part.

sack of potatoes

I'm up and reading everyone's comments and reviews. I really love this community :-). Anywho I pointed out to my significant other that what the PS removed from my body was equally in weight to a sack of potatoes. Imagine walking around, bending over, exercising, cooking, cleaning, showering., etc with that sack of potatoes strapped to your chest. Let's be real that is excessive! Perhaps he gets it now. ..

I feel so much better without all that weight on me - only you guys understand.

Yesterday my BFF came over and cooked and cleaned up a little bit for me - what a blessing to have good friends like that. Im still getting relatively tired after moving around for longer than 15 minutes but I'm no longer dizzy. There's hardly anything coming out of the drains which will be coming out today. My appetite has increased a bit and even though I have to take iron pills, I haven't been constipated.

I will take some pics after I get back from PS office.
LOL, you crack me up...sack of potatoes". I had the same issue with being tired that first week or so after my reduction. Listen to your body and rest whenever you need, you'll heal faster if you do. Can't wait to see pics, take care.
Ask your BF to strap a bag of potatoes around his neck, then ask him 3 hours later if he would like to take off the bag!! I bet his answer would be YES.
Hi, glad you are doing OK. Are you on antibiotics? If so be sure to take them with food. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Drains are out

What a weird feeling. ..it didnt hurt just felt...weird. The PS and the in house nurse pulled them out at the same time. I think if I one done at time I would have been full of anxiety when he came around to do the other side.

I have to admit - before the PS and the nurse came back in the room and all the bandages were removed I couldn't stop staring at my breast. ..and honestly I almost burst out in tears. I can't say that I'm totally happy at this moment. Maybe I'm having a bit of separation anxiety...I don't want my BF to know about my feelings cause he is acting like someone killed his dog. He's mopping around and told me he is in mourning. So I have to pretend that I'm completely comfortable with my decision and cannot show any kind of remorse around him. Don't get me wrong this needed to happen I'm just. ..a little down right now about the size. Maybe this is the 5th say blues everyone has been talking about.
Give it time, give it time....get plenty of rest.
Thanks Peedie I'm trying.
I will try to post some pics tomorrow. I want you guys to give me honest opinions about how they look.

photos

Looking down on my boobs they look very small but after viewing these pics they may be alright. Getting ready to take my first shower since surgery. PS said to stay away from incisions while washing. Put on ointment over top the tape then put a tank top over and then bra over top of that. Gonna try to drive to Walmart and find those genie bras you girls keep talking about. Do these look like a D cup?

oops here are photos

D cup?
Looking fab!
Great size and shape! Your incisions look good too, congrats!
Lovely, and the rose is still sitting in a nice position, I would love to be your size and shape when I get done :)

Update - day 11

Today for the first day I'm actually ok with the size of my new boobs. I haven't been updating my profile because I didn't have anything positive to report and didn't want to bring anyone down who is considering the procedure. I went to the mall yesterday with one of my girlfriends and she pointed out to me that now I can go in almost any store and pick up a shirt that has buttons! I am so looking forward to shopping again. Yesterday was also the first time that I went out driving to my appointments by myself and it was ok but by mid day I was pretty ache. For the first 5 days I kept waking up to headaches but that has subsided and now I only take the percocet at night to help me sleep. My incisions are healing nicely and I can tell my left boob is now slightly bigger than my right. I'm very happy with my progress. I will post pics shortly. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this-you guys are awesome.
Hey, you look aaaaawesome ! I think you might be easily a D, and on the pic it looks just proportioned and pretty!! I really laughed when you wrote your hub acts like someone killed his dog.. *lol* He will get over it..if not.. well. I don't know why but i always tend to say, i hope YOU feel good and YOU feel it was worth it. We are not just mens playthings but we need to feel comfortable in our skin! If my future hubby wouldn't have been so supportive, i might well have kicked his butt ! ;P I felt very mixed up the first days too. Now i really hope they will swell down more !
Percocet was a no-go for me. Gave me terrible headaches and in my opinion the sooner you get off that stuff the better you will feel. I was driving, alone, a week after my surgery and I think that's probably due to the fact that by then I was *completely* off Percocet. If you need pain/sleep meds at night, consider Advil PM or Tylenol PM.
Glad you are enjoying your results. the shopping experience is awesome!

pics

Here's some pics. I added a variety. It may be a D cup but still unsure. Also added a pic of me with clothes on :-) - can not believe how much better my clothes feel on my body!
Your results look great. I think the size looks perfect on you too.
Thanks - I'm feeling really good about my decision.
You look amazing! It is such a shock after surgery and I don't think we can prepare ourselves to all of our emotions. It just takes time. Glad you are getting use to your new boobs. You look great and your boobs are definitely more in proportion with you small frame. I am excited for you!

Super Zingers and other Great Discomfort

Well yesterday I crossed heavily into zinger world and some that lasted a good 10 seconds. They come out of nowhere and I wonder if I will be getting those when I go back to work. ..having a meeting and then zap - uh awkward!!

Now today I went to the mall and was meandering along - no fast movements - tried on a few shirts and spent a good 3 hours there. When I got home my boobies were aching pretty badly and very swollen. I also completely crashed cause I was soo tired. Now I'm wondering if I should have taken off 3 weeks instead of 2...I don't think 2 is enough.
i am having an easy time of it but get mild aching if i do too much.
I notice im more achey if I wear a different bra other than my Marena surgical bra they gave me at the hospital. Are you still wearing your surgery bra or are you wearing something else?
I am wearing soft non wired bras during the day and my surgical bra at night. One thing i have noticed about the side lipo bruising is that it has gone away where the bra side seams are ie where there has been the most pressure on the bruising, so it would seem that compression is a good thing.

Today was a good day

I wore one of my $7 Walmart bras ALL DAY today! I can't believe it! I really hope this is a turning point as I'm going back to work in a couple of days and really don't want to wear my Marena bra.

I do have an opening at the "t" section but after I put the ointment on and covered it with gauze its seems to feel a lot better.
Ps- you've got a great body! Hope that doesn't sound creepy! :)
Thanks! Not creepy at all considering all of us on this site stare, critique, and analyze each others bodies constantly. :-)
True, true!

Quick update

Crazy - I had a dream last night that I had on a sports bra and some leggings and was. ..wait for it...RUNNING! No you don't understand I haven't run in at least 5 years because of my oversized breast!! :-) just wanted to share!!
You must be anxious to start running again! Either that or you just want the surgery to happen soon. :)
It sounds like your recovery is on track. It's good you are looking forward to doing all the things you have missed for so long.
I just started running again last week - and I'm 54. I haven't gone running since I was a teenager.

3 Week Update

I'm feeling a lot better these days even though I still have that opening at the "t". I'm no longer taking the percocet to sleep and last night I laid on my side for a couple hours with minimal pulling. I'm wearing my Walmart bras to work and then coming home to change back into the Marena bra at night.

My incisions are healing nicely but I think I'm going to total switch to the Scarzone silicone sheets because the tape is hard to come off and I feel like it may be slowing my healing a bit. I added some photos but they didn't come out that well so I'll add more later.
You are looking great! I am so happy for you! Glad your doing well.
Great results - you must be so pleased.
You look beautiful!

UGH - INSURANCE!!!

I'm sooo mad right now I can barely see straight!! I just went online to check the status of my insurance claim to get reimbursed for my surgery and it said "processed" customer responsibility "$5,000.00. So I got on the phone with BCBS and they lady told me that it's being denied because .... get this .... "NOT MEDICALLY NECESSARY AT THIS TIME"!!!!!! WTF!!???!?!?!? I'm so mad I just want to throw something! I'm happy I had this done by all means and I would do it 15 times over but I pay this company THOUSANDS of dollars every year and rarely make any claims at all and they are telling me that me being a size 4/6 and having J, K, L, M, N, O, P breast reduction is not "medically necessary at this time" is a bunch of cow poo!!! Not to mention that even the doctor said this was not a cosmetic type of surgery. Because of the large lumps he had to remove from my breast adn the medical report coming back that I have this thing called Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia ("PASH") which HELLO NEEDS TO BE REMOVED!!! Oh they will not hear the end of this - I will be bringing my HR Benefits department into this because there is absolutely no reason for their denial. So what I haven't complained for years about back pain - I had it! I shouldn't have to go on for years and years complaining and documenting something that is obviously a medical condition that needs to be taken care of!
Hope you get the insurance thing sorted out soon
Thanks babe!
Aww - tank you! :-) I still feel a little small.

Pictures don't necessarily speak the truthe...

Firstly, I want to say thank you ladies for all your kind words and I'm not ungrateful for all that you say, but honestly, I still have some issues.

1) I mentioned in January Update that I get this prickley and uncomfortable feeling in my breast when I get cold or get chills. It's soo weird I just want it to stop. Unfortunately it's winter so ... yeah I guess this will be lasting a while longer.
2) I have that annoying T opening on my left breast that damnit doesn't seem to want to heal.
3) My left breast also is very bruised and swollen on the left side.
4) I STILL can't sleep on my side :-(
5) I think my boobs are still too small and I would have liked them to be a little more on the "D" side than the "C" side
6) My cleavage area has a raised scar that I'm PRAYING will diminish with the use of those silicone sheets
7) I still have no feeling in my nipples...this was my source of arousal during foreplay...
8) My areolas are basically non-existent
9) My bf still hasn't stopped mourning the loss of those giant sand bags on my chest and I'm starting to think his love for me was purely because I had those things...we discuss my appearance change almost everyday and it makes me quite sad that his love is not unconditional...

I'm not having a mentally good day today...
I think you look FANTASTIC!!! In fact you now have my 'dream boobs'. My hubby doesn't want me to have the BR surgery either. He likened it to him getting a penis reduction-???? WTH. Anywho-you look incredible truly.
Aww I'm someone's dream boobs?! That's so awesome :-)! my bf made the same comparison which I thought was absolutely ridiculous! Thanks for the compliment!
Just read your profile. Sorry to hear you were having a bad time when you last posted, hope you are feeling better about everything now. I used to call mine "the shelf" too :)

1 Month Update

Well I'm moving into my 5th week and feeling pretty good these days. I'm sleeping on my right side but not comfortable with my left side. Sleeping on my belly. ..well I tried it a couple nights ago and I lasted about...oh 15 to 20 minutes. My T has finally healed up - thank goodness but now I have moved into the itchy stage. All part of the process I guess.

I'm still sleeping on the sofa cause I just can't get comfortable in the bed - so frustrating!

I'm using the silicone strips but for a day or 2 I didnt wear them and I think my incisions raised a little bit. ..I immediately put them back on when I noticed this. Also I have been wearing my $5 Walmart bras and I noticed that my right boob is not as...full as the left or like it use to look. This concerns me a bit so I have reordered the Marena bra which will give me more support and help me maintain nice round breast. I had originally sent it back -pre surgery. ..because it was so small and it was hard for me to imagine myself that small. ..but now :-)

here is a pic but they don't really look that different from the last couple. Just wanted to show the lefty that is slowly healing.
You look great !!!

Comparison

Before and After

oops forgot photos :-)

Here we go
You look fantastic.
Tell your husband that his penis doesn't weigh as much as your boobs do.
LOL I like that one!

Breast Reduction and Break Up

I write with a very heavy heart this morning. My bf and I have gotten into another heated discussion about my breast reduction. This is someone I was all in with - we lived together and marriage was what we were going for. I'm early 40s he will be 50 next year. Long story short - he is very unhappy with the new me and can't seem to come to grips with it. He said I was selfish and dud not take him into consideration when I did this. He doesn't think he will be sexually attracted to me now because my boobs was the main physical reason he was so attracted to me. I have to set him free. He is truly the most selfish immature man I have met in a long time. Who the heck is he??
What a jerk. If you ask me he did you a favor because you deserve someone so much better. You look just wonderful and in time you will heal both physically and emotionally. This is such an emotional surgery and if someone connot grow and heal with you then you are so much better off without him. You have the rest of your life to live to the fullest and you deserve the best life has to offer. Cry today but tomorrow dry those tears and enjoy life. The best is yet to come.
Women who are extremely overweight and lose a lot of weight go through the same issues, some men just arent able to cope with their physical change, personally I think it shows their insecurities and they cant cope with that. Your boyfriend is an idiot, he doesnt deserve you, let him go and get on with your life (easier said than done I know). Its your body not his, if all he saw was a pair of breasts then he wasnt looking at you as a whole person. From what I can see from the photos and your story you are a beautiful person, and your breast reduction turned out perfectly. Get out there and find someone better :)
If the main reason to be with you were your boobs... he doesn't deserve you at all. The only person who is selfish here is him.. it is almost disgusting to read how someone can be so hurting your feelings. If he really loved you he wouldn't behave like that at all! So let him go and get someone who has more in his brain! You are beautiful, very sexy and you will find someone else without any problems for sure! I really wonder what would your (Ex)-BF have done with you when you are old and aging? . I hope you are really angry and not too sad... Feel hugged and loved.

Hi ladies - first I want to say thank you for all that commented on my post yesterday. I was pretty overwhelmed but in no way looking for sympathy. Writing is cathartic for me and I had a lot going on in my mind yesterday morning as I rode the train to work. I realize this is not the place where I want to put this stuff but it was relative to my BR and I felt the need to share how this procedure can take a toll on your emotions and your relationships. My ex was right - I was selfish...damn right! I would do it 15 times over again. I feel like 10 years of my life has been given back to me - my self esteem has increased (which I'm pretty confident in who I am anyway - never arrogant though), my body image has gotten WAYYYY better even though my flabby stomach ... well there's much work to be done there :-), and I'm just HAPPIER!!

Unfortunately, everyone is not going to share in your dance through the daffodils (or whatever flower comes to mind), HOWEVER, if there is something that you can do to and for yourself that makes you feel the way this BR has made me feel, and those close to you can not appreciate that - IT IS TIME TO REEVALUATE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT PERSON! So yes I was sad but it was because I realized what a selfish and self-centered individual I had given my heart to.

You only have one chance in this world - make it count - as long as it doesn't harm anyone else - do what makes you feel good about yourself - inside and out. It's not vain to want to look your best, it's vain when you think you are better than other people. It's not selfish to put your mental and physical health FIRST. You are worth it - I know it and I believe it!

Peace and blessings!
So glad you gave him the boot. No-one who truly loved all of you could of been so selfish. Happy healing, concentrate on you now.
Good for you. You have made the right decision in more than one way, by the sounds of it. Continued happy healing to you. x
Well said.

2 Full Months and FEELING OVERJOYED!

So today is a full 2 months since my operation and I feel FANTASTIC! I'm extremely happy that I had this procedure. I feel more energized than I have for YEARS!! I'm still dealing with the occassional itcheness and sometimes while cleaning or carrying something heavy for a little too long I get a little bit of achiness but for the most part I feel back to normal. I've been going back to the gym (not as much as I should but who does except some freak of nature who eats granola bars all day - no offense to anyone) and trying to build up my stamina a little more and work on this horrible flabby belly I have. I tell you those boobs hid it all but now it's just out there for me to look at every day! :-).

I had put off taping around my incisions for about a week or so but then noticed that my scars were starting to raise - eww! So I started retaping but I really need to buy some more silicon sheets (even though those things are WAY expensive. They are way easier to remove because the tape actually takes your skin off and I think it iritates your incisions as well. Also I have some feeling in my left nipple but not my right yet...:-( this sucks and I'm hoping it will catch up. Now when I saying feeling I mean it kinda hurts a little but I'm not complaining because at least I can feel something!

I went to this fancy lingerie shop to get measured and girls I am a DD...I'm like huh? These little things are a DD - in no way is this what I imagined a DD to look like!? I was happy about it #1 - because HA! in your face EX-BOYFRIEND!! #2 I really didn't want to be too small but at the same time - I know ALOT of women on here and elsewhere think they are a DD and guess what - YOU AREN'T - you are wearing the wrong cup size! Go get measured appropriately! Don't go by what you pick up and try on yourself - chances are you are doing it wrong. Sorry - that's my mothering for the day :-)

I will put some updated pics on here shortly since I've been M.I.A for a few weeks but you know I was cleaning up some things :-).
Welcome to the DD club. At first I was like huh I had a breast reduction to become a DD but now I like them - not too big but not to small and they are perky.
Hi there, I have been following your posts. I am 45yo 125lbs, 5'3" and have size 30 H boobs-I hate them. I finally got my husband to agree to a breast reduction in Jan 2015. I want you to know how much I appreciate your honesty. I do fear being a D or DD I just wanna be a B! It seems like it is the trend now to be very small. Have you looked at the athleta catalog or even Victorias Secret? They all look small. My sisters are both B's with a larger rib cage. Do you think you look thinner with smaller breasts? Im hoping I will. Thanks.
Well looking thinner really is not my goal but may be an extra benefit. I had my husband stand behind me, put his arms thru mine, out front and just gently cup my breast (no bra on). Just for him to feel the weight. Then we walked together as I jiggled in his hands....he was very shocked to know how heavy they were and the movement. Wow...Jan. 2015...why the wait? Men are funny......I have not started shopping yet....will see what the end result looks and feels like. I have plenty of tops that I can't button up now....would wear a cami under them. Now I have two looks....one with the cami and one fully buttoned up!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I went back in forth with my decision to use this PS but now I have to say - he did an awesome job for the most part. Bed-side manner left a little to be desired, however, I was not paying for his bed-side manner I was paying for his expertise. He wasn't very good at telling me what I could do to minimize my scars nor did he really tell me what to prepare for after surgery other than basic generic stuff and after surgery I got some instruction sheets. I learned a lot of the stuff from doing my own research and this site. However, the procedure itself lived up to everything I had hoped for. I had minimal if any pain at all after surgery. No spitting stitches, no horrible bruises, and no mismatched breasts. My incisions look neat and clean and should heal very well within the next couple of months. I would definitely recommend him but if you are expecting warm and fuzzy forget about it.