Brand New Me - Gastonia, NC

I am a proud mommy of 4 (ages 9,8, and twins that...

I am a proud mommy of 4 (ages 9,8, and twins that are 4) I am goin in for my surgery on the 25th and I'm really nervous! Ever since the twins my tummy has been shot! I will be going in for a full tummy tuck with lipo in the hips and and thighs with will be placed in my rear to help lift back this 38 year old sagging booty! I'm really excited to have a brand new me yet I'm scared out of my mind of surgery, healing process, ect. Any tips would be most appreciated!

Good luck mommyov4 I'm sure you will look great and love the end result :) just a few days away.
You and I have a very similar case! My belly button is stretched out and I have loose skin but my muscles are tone and I'm not overweight. I'm currently scheduled for May 6. I go back and forth about whether I'm jumping in too deep where it's not needed. My friends have differing advice and I'm nervous about my potential scar. Are you set for 5/25?
Fairyrhea - please post pics - thanks for sharing
Thats been exactly my case (afraid of the scar) and I have to admit, I cancelled my surgery today. I will lose my 500 deposit but I really want to work my tail off and se how I will do naturally before I really jump to this next step. I have the loose skin but have done research on some ladies who have been able to fully recover naturally that body we are trying to achieve through surgery. Not to say I may end up going back to that original plan but for myself I have realized I havent given it my all in the gym to even see what results I can accomplish so I will try this first before I resort to surgery. the scar from hip bone to hip bone really had me uneasy about everything. I wish u the best of luck and will be following all these reports to see how everyone recovers... Good luck to you!!!
Good for you. No need to rush something you are not entirely comfortable with. I decided on this surgery due to my existing scar. No matter how much I dieted and worked out the scar tissue was not going to go away. Neither the extra skin. Not to mention the fact they cut through my muscle three times. You have a choice and it sounds like you made the right one for you. I didn't have an option, sadly. So, I'm looking forward to the end result and feeling good again about my body. Good luck to you!!! :)
Thank you!!! I dont blame you. If I was in your shoes I would make the same decision as you! Good luck to you as well! I am sure your gonna look FABULOUS!
Same concerns here. Great that you listened to your gut before continuing. There's no turning back once ou have that hip to hip scar.
Looking forward to seeing your outcome! I am in the middle of consults and want to get this done by the end of the year. Your before photo is similar to mine, so I am very curious to see what your afters will be. Good Luck!!
I just did a tummy tuck and lipo on April 17th, 5 days ago. I wish I had this kind of info. before my surgery as well. You see all the before/after pics but what did they go through in between all of that. It was a rough 72 hours for me. And nausea to boot. Make sure you take food (not crackers) with your meds. You won't have much of an appetite after surgery so take the pain meds slowly. I had three c-sections and its important for mobility to use your waste to move your body. I had my stomach muscles sewn back together and they are ├╝ber sore. Make sure you are really healthy too. I was fighting a sinus infection and wanted to post pone but they said as long as it wasn't upper respiratory I was fine. But the little cough I developed after the surgery has been very uncomfortable. Coughing and sewn stomach muscles is so painful. Make sure you load up on 1000 mg of Vitamin C (buy one with adaptinagens for better absorption) a week before and after surgery. Take Arnica for swelling and bruising up to a couple of days before surgery. Also, take colon cleanse tablets two days after surgery. That has been a tremendous amount of help for me being in my 5th day. Constipation is no fun without this process and surely not in this process. Have lots of help! I have three kids (10, 8 & 4). My husband takes care of me and he has help with our kids. You will need a FULL two weeks of doing absolutely nothing. I wish I would have done the reclining chair. I did purchase a over-the-bed side table so I could eat have what I needed at my fingertips. Best purchase ever. I'm not going to lie, this process is painful, but I'm really trying to focus on the end result. If knew what I know now I would not have done this!!! I'm just sayin .... So keep your eyes on the prize!!! Sorry for the lengthy book! I had no intentions of finding this site. I was trying to find "using tampons after tummy tuck" since I just got my period and wanted to make sure it was safe. :) Good Luck to you and your recovery.
I'm going in on the 29th. Right behind you. Good luck on your recovery. I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Thank you!! I'm so nervous! I will try to post right after!
I had a TT and BL no lipo so I'm not sure about the recovery for the backside and legs. I wish you well and for me renting an electric lift recliner for a month ( $100) has been a god send) a toilet riser with handles was also helpful for the first 6 days. I'm day PO 8 now and the reg toilet seat is fine now. My husband does my drains and stays on top of when I need my meds. He's been fantastic. Good luck ill be praying for you!
Thank you!! I need to the prayers!!! That's great ideas you shared with me! I will have to get that in place right away!!
You're welcome! I'm such a side sleeper so I was so nervous about sleeping in a recliner. It has been bliss!! You also have to put 2 pillows under your knees, as you are reclined back. If someone told me 8 days ago I'd feel like this ( pretty decent) I'd never have believed them. I had a rough 72 hrs after then it was pretty smooth sailing. I pray it's all smooth for you!!!
Mommyov4..... I've been looking on here everyday to find someone else who's going to get TT/lipo/& fat into rear! Because I'm getting all of that also on May 2! :). I'll be keeping up with you and your outcome! :). How did you PS tell you to sleep? On sides?
He said I will be able to sleep sitting reclined even with the backside work. I don't know how it will do seeing work is being done on both sides!! I'm really nervous but read how happy everyone feels after they get this done so I am just looking forward to my end results!! Wish u the best of luck an I will try to post right away so u know what to expect!!
Thank you so much Mommyov4!!! :). I will be thinking of you & sending prayers to you!!! Please do let me know what to expect! :)
Thanks for sharing!
I don't have any tips as I just started my research but wanted to wish you a stress free pre-op and positive vibes for a fast recovery!
Thank you!!!