Tummy Tuck - Garden City, NY

So I have my TT scheduled for August 6. I am so...

So I have my TT scheduled for August 6. I am so nervous and scared. I keep thinking to myself...is this really worth! I have 2 children....5 and 2. I work out twice a week, boot camp, run 3 miles twice a week... My husband, mom, in-laws are all helping for the first 2 weeks...they are actually sleeping out!! Any advice is welcome....Thanks
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Dragonfly88---that for the details now that you are two weeks down the road...it is always a good reminder of the process...so I know for sure and so I don't get "stuck in my head so much..."
For me, and I think most of us, the first week is the worst, week 2 is when you will try doing what you can for yourself. It is a long healing process, but tolerable. I'm just over 5 months and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Even with the swelling and sensitivity. At this point, the sensitivity is all but gone, but the swelling is still around, but my tummy still looks better then it did! I was scared more of going through the surgery then the surgery itself. But the doctors make sure you are at the healthiest you can be, otherwise they wouldn't do it! It is so worth it for the stronger body and the much improved self confidence. As far as advice, for when you are home after surgery, a recliner will be your best friend, easier to get in and out of, (with help the first week), straws for water, it is hard to bend your head back at first, an alarm or someone to wake you up every 4 hours to take your pain meds(you'll want to keep up with them, specially the first week), chapstick and above all, cough drops!!! Your throat will be sore the first few days! Take all the help you can get and don't push the recovery! Any questions you have, feel free to ask, you can ask on here or private message me! Anyone on here is more then happy to help!
Thank you so much for the advice!! I have a recliner which will help. I'm also very nervous about the surgery... especially for afterward....I'm so nervous about potential complications...I keep reading about possible risks and that is freakin me out more!!!
I was horribly worried about the risks too, but then I thought that the doctor wouldn't do the surgery if he thought there was going to be problems. I am a type II diabetic, (in remission), and I was a smoker. I quit a month before surgery and the doctor put me on oxygen for the first week to aid in healing, (and I really think it did!). I haven't gone back to smoking and am still in remission with the diabetes. I know that if there was any reason to not do the surgery, my surgeon would have postponed. Any surgery is scary. The recovery isn't as bad as you think. I had an hour drive home right after surgery and I was soooo scared about that, but made it through with no problems. Ask your surgeon about a pain pump. It is usually in for the first few days and does help. If you can give birth, you can get through this. The worst part is not having that little one afterward, but you will have a whole new you, or an old you! As long as you follow your doctors advice, you will be fine. When he says to get up and move around every four hours, do it! Even if it is just to go to the bathroom and when you are awake, move those feet. Once you are through the first week, you will feel like a pro, even with aches and pains! I'm going to follow you through this!
You'll be fine. Just don't rush the your healing.
Thanks!!!
You should do fine with all that help...You won't be getting up with the kids tho..someone else will need to take over the mommy role for a couple of weeks..good luck...
Thanks for the advice!! I actually have a lot of help thank goodness....just very nervous about the surgery and all the possible complications that can occur afterward!!
Did Dr Lawrence Gilckman do your TT? Are you happy? Im scheduled for 8/8. Please get back to me..... Thanks
Think I just read you're 2 days before me w Dr G. Lets chat?
Hi MissV...I cancelled my TT. I was too nervous and didn't feel quite ready for it yet. I don't know anyone who has used him before. I live near the office and figured it would be convient. I only know of one of the secretaries there who Dr. Glickman had done her TT. Good luck! I wish I had the courage to do it!! Maybe in a few years I hope!!!