Well worth it - Gainesville, VA

I'm 57, 5'2", 190 lbs. I've lost 50 lbs so far,...

I'm 57, 5'2", 190 lbs. I've lost 50 lbs so far, but I quit losing weight because I can't fit into a smaller shirt. I don't know what size I am, but the cups of my 42DDD are too small.

My hubby of 38 years is encouraging me to do this. In fact, I'm using money he saved for us a first cruise for us!

My surgery date is August 1. It's rapidly...

My surgery date is August 1. It's rapidly approaching! Thank you to everyone who's posted stories, fears, hints, and recovery. I found out today my PS places drains. I wouldn't have been prepared for that without you gals!

I told my son and his fiancée about my surgery...

I told my son and his fiancée about my surgery tonight. she told me that she's already thinking about having a BR after they have kids and she's done breast feeding. She also offered to come here from her house about 4 hours away to nurse me. What a sweetheart!

My stress is taking itself out on my stomach. I haven't had this kind of digestive upset for years. It's not a stomach bug, either. Just stress.

I see my PS tomorrow for a final pre-op appointment.

A week from tomorrow this will be done! Can't wait, can't wait....

I hate insurance! My surgery date is tomorrow....

I hate insurance!

My surgery date is tomorrow. My insurance hasn't decided if it's covered yet. The hospital called and said their charge would be $35k if the insurance denied it, and I needed to put down $8k!!

When I talked to my PS about rescheduling in case insurance demanded it, They told me that if I had it declared cosmetic, I could have it done tomorrow at the same hospital, same time, same surgery services for a flat rate of $1386. That's less than my insurance copay would have been.

Needless to say, now I'm a cosmetic patient. I don't care. I can still have my surgery tomorrow.

I'm now 3 days post-op. I've taken a couple of...

I'm now 3 days post-op. I've taken a couple of showers and have started to expect to see little boobies. My measurements now indicate I'm a 38D. Since I'm still in my surgical bra, I don't know for sure.

I tried on a couple of shirts - what a difference!! I'm definely motivated to go back to the gym and start losing belly weight again.

This board has been a life saver. I wouldn't have ready without it. THANK YOU all for sharing here.

My two week post-op appointment was today! Dr says...

My two week post-op appointment was today! Dr says I'm healing well and I can wear any bra that's comfortable. Whew!

He told me he took 704 from the right side and 779 from the left.

The amazing thing is that I stopped at Kohl's on the way home to buy a couple of bras. I used to cram myself into a 42DDD (should have been a 42H). I tried on a 42D today and the cup wrinkled! I started laughing in the dressing room.
V
I'll post pictures tonight after my hubby gets home to take them.

What a day! I'm SOOO glad to be out of that compression bra.

The system won't let me add my PS' name without...

The system won't let me add my PS' name without rating him, but it also won't let me rate him.

He's Dr. David Allison in Gainesville, Virginia. I would give him 5 stars for everything if I could.

Did I mention that I hate insurance? As you may...

Did I mention that I hate insurance?

As you may recall in this saga, my insurance company turned me down, and I prepaid a very small fee that was all-inclusive at the hospital.

Today I get notice from the insurance company that they paid almost the full amount!!!!!

I'm not calling anyone about getting a refund until at lest a month goes by. I want it to get through audit and review first.

Argh.

But my boobies are cute. :)

2b2l

Today I had my hair cut and colored for my return...

Today I had my hair cut and colored for my return to work on Monday. My hair was golden brown with lighter golden brown highlights and was several inches below my shoulders. Now it's golden brown with dark blonde and red highlights.

All I have to do is get up early enough Monday to curl it, and my distracting change will be complete. :)

I went back to work two days ago. I was able to...

I went back to work two days ago. I was able to work Monday and Tuesday, but was too exhausted to go into the office today.

Nobody has commented on my change. I've seen a couple of wondering glances, but the new makeup and hair seem to have worked as a distraction. People said I looked rested, and one said my complexion looked good. Of course, I was wearing a new color foundation, powder, and blush - none of which I normally wear. :)

At almost 5 weeks, my shape has definitely...

At almost 5 weeks, my shape has definitely changed! My breasts are more rounded and feel far more feminine. My areolas are fading back to a color closer to the pre-op color, and my scars are starting to fade.

I feel terrific about this decision. Hubby likes the new look, and is patiently awaiting my permission. :)

Nine weeks post op!!! All areas of my incisions...

Nine weeks post op!!!

All areas of my incisions have healed, even where my stitches were spit out. Scar lines are softening and fading. My boobs are nicely shaped and work quite well. :) I seem to have settled at a 40c.

I'm starting to forget what it was like to be huge. I went for a five mile hike last weekend, wearing a backpack. At the end of it, my back felt great, and only my legs were tired. Yay!!

I traveled last week and saw someone I've seen off and on for over a year. She ran over to me, and said, "you cut it off!" I was shocked, so she clarified that I had cut my hair. LOL. She never mentioned the rest of me.

So hang in there, everyone. It is soooooo worth it.

I feel so much more confident that I look good.

One year and 3 months later

Having smaller boobs is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I still have the occasional twinge in my left nipple. The scarring on my right side is still a little dark, but I scar very easily.

Everything works great! And hubby loves the fact I don't have to wear a bra. :)

My only regret is that I didn't have lipo on my sides when I had my br. But there's always later..... :)
Dr. David Allison

He was recommended by my family doctor. He's also one of the Washington DC area top doctors. He was terrific. Very matter of fact and informative.

You are the same age as me. I am having my op on 3rd January, also have supportive husband looking forward to a new wife after so many years of marriage!!! Your result is fantastic.
Happy for you - smaller boobs and such a nice husband :-) Hope you get to go on your cruise as well!
Hey girl you look fantastic. Glad all is going good!!
You look fantastic! You plastic surgeon did a wonderful job, congrats! I just had mine done last Tuesday :-). My clothes already fit so much better.
You look great 2b2L. Your 5 week pic shows a great shape, nicely healed incisions and I love your cleavage. I still have the steri strips on so I still havent seen my incisions. They come off next Tuesday sept. 18 finally. I will be 4 weeks and 4 days post op when the strips come off next tuesday. I'm feeling pretty good right now at 3 weeks post op. I'm so glad to see how good you look at 5 weeks.
Question.
1) what works to stop itching?
2) what is the importance of surgical bra/sports bra? Besides the no wiring part. I mean, my ps said I could wear any sport bra but what's the main purpose.
I showered and got the pre surgery cleanser off. Also, I didn't have tape, so I used loose gauze pads. That helped my itching, along with washing my new bras before I wore them. Some folks take benedryl, but I didn't get to that point.

My ps said the bras provide compression and support to help the internal healing. My ps gave me 2 surgical bras so I used them for the first two weeks instead of buying anything new. Others use sports bras.
You are healing so well! Seeing everyone's pics and reading the updates gets me so excited for mine!

Congrats! Laughed at your comment about your husband :-)
you look great!!!
You look great!!!!!!

Your new picture looks great! You must be thrilled?! Glad you were able to take a day off and get some rest.
Very nice. I'm 1 day post op and still haven't seen them. I'm still scared.
Thanks! :)
Looking fabulous!!!
You look wonderful and your results are amazing...all that and the insurance came through also....what great news, happy for you!

Good luck back at work on Monday! Hope you don't have too hard of a day and can take frequent rests. You are going to amaze your co-workers with the transformation you have been through!

Cute boobs and a refund? You have got to be the luckiest girl around!
Iowa71, thanks for asking!

I'm doing fairly well, all in all. I'm still taking a couple of Vicodin each day. Also my surgical bras are pretty stiff, so I'm having to remind myself that they won't be my wardrobe forever. :)

Healing seems to be going okay. My hubby is being very patient, but says he likes the new look. That's good. Not that it would have mattered, but it's a plus.

This decision still gets a thumbs up.

So glad to hear that you are happy with it! I think a couple of Vicodin a day isn't bad at all. This is a huge surgery and you have to expect for it to take awhile to heal.

It is such a relief when your husband likes the outcome. This is such a crapshoot (though I don't know why we feel that way since the procedure has a 95% success rate!) and while it affects us physically, it also affects us emotionally, as well as our husbands. So when we are all happy, and dare I say, impressed!, it is such a wonderful thing!

Give yourself another week and you will be amazed at how good you feel!

How are you doing that you are a week+ post-op?
That's the area that bothers me the most, too. It's getting better, though.
Well, at first it was just Vicodin. Last night I experienced pain like I've never had before. The vicodin didn't' help at all. My sister gave me Aleve and that helped a lot. Today the doc gave me something to go with the vicodin. Did you have lots of pain with the incisions underneath. Getting up and laying down is The worst!
Hi, TwisaP! Glad to see someone else in the area on here. Congrats on being on the recovery side!

I'm on Vicodin. At first it was two every four hours. Now it's just one three times a day. My PS let me shower after 24 hours, and a warmish shower helped all the other muscle pain (back, neck).

What are you taking?
Hi! I'm living in Warrenton! We are neighbors. :) I'm glad you got your surgery. I just had mine last night. I'm still extremely sore. What combo of meds have worked for you?