Full Tummy Tuck Great...or Not So Great?...

Everybody loves their new flat, firm stomach. I...

Everybody loves their new flat, firm stomach. I needed a full tummy tuck w/out tightening of the muscles since I had worked out for 2 years prior. I had my child and I was 115 before the pregnancy and then weighed in at 200 pounds in the final stage of my birth. My body was stretched beyond all repair. I tried eating well and working out she is 3 now and I had no results, other than weight loss. I got down weight wise to 125 and I am 5'6. I had the excess skin baggage. Also a stretch mark that went up my belly button 2 1/2 inches plus a few large ones on my sides.

I finally took the plunge to go with a board certified plastic surgeon. I chose to go to Palm Desert as they wanted like 12,000 in LA and thats ridiculous. I consulted with my doc about a mini, but apparently that wouldnt be enough given how much damage I had.

I am 10 days post op and am experiencing some depression regarding the scar. I mean I was expecting a straight line but right in the center where he pulled down the stretch mark that was sitting above my belly button is now on my lower waist scar line. The scar is straight except in the center it curves up like a V shape very strange I am wondering why this is. So far the scar is healing nicely I think. Got my last drain tube pulled a few days ago and I am up friday to get my stitches pulled.

Also my last concern is the scar placement is high about 1 inch higher than pubic line cannot pull 3 quarters of my underwear over it only my granny panties "hanes". Its also placed 3 inches below the new belly button. Which by the way looks odd to me I must have looked at a thousand tummy tuck pics and none of them resemble my new belly button. It doesnt go in like u cannot see the hole and the skin looks folded and tucked into the hole and the hole looks tiny.

Maybe I am just having insecurities but I know that I should have had better results and I dont feel like I should just deal and be glad it all went well. What about the huge sum of money I spent to achieve what I wanted and got what seemed like the doctors exception. I will be posting my full story and experience and pics soon but I just want a few answers to those small issues I feel are upsetting me.

Is my line placed wrong "to high"? if it is 3 inches below new belly button and 1 inch higher than top of pubic line? Are most tummy tuck scar suppose to be straight or is it more common to have some sort of curve in the line? "mine is shaped and goes up and down like a small upside down V in the center" New belly buttons are they suppose to be a hole? or do they differ with amount of skin placed in the center of them?

I am not sure if I want to post his info quite yet. I want to make sure I am not abnormal in my results because of my surgeon.

Everyone heals differently you have to remember that you are still SWOLLEN!! and can be for up to 6 + months. I have a tt done in Dec and just went in a few weeks ago for a scar revision on me belly button and it's swollen again, For you incision if you look and pics there are many different ways surgeon cut there's the W,(which I have) the V, straight across, curing up and then down. As you swelling goes down your panties may fit better (don't know with out seeing the pics) Please give it time, find a forum where women have had this sx done, it helps a lot.....
Hello, Tummy Tuck surgery varies with the surgeon and the patient. There are choices and opinions on the proper location of the scar and other technical concerns. There is "no one right way" to do this. This just underscores the need to ask questions and to feel comfortable with the answers before surgery. We all do these things differently. Best Regards, John Di Saia MD
I think you should give it time. I had a tummy tuck nine days ago and my belly button looks odd. But I had my doctor's appt yesterday and my doctor told me that it (the belly button) would heal fine. Your belly button will be okay. I wonder what your scar looks like. Can you hide the scar with the right type of undergarment?
give it time- i'm sure that is not what you want to hear but things do change during the healing. Hopefully the scar will fade and the belly button will look more normal. There is a lot of swelling everywhere. It's very traumatic to the entire abdomen.
thank you guys :) I am gonna post my full review with pics this evening and then ask my questions. Its just im having a hard time excepting this as it seems it may or may not be worth it for me. I will post the before pics the same day before surgery also.
It is very hard to tell without pictures as Sheerpink stated. When I discussed with my surgeon the location of my scar she stated it would be in the natural fold which is different for everyone. Since I had an apron it was easy for me to determine where that would be. Definitely discuss your concerns with your doctor, there are usually good reasons. My scar is not straight across either, it goes down into a V. I've read on other sites that it may be caused from the pubis skin being too tight. I was feeling down about my tummy tuck for a few weeks starting around day 8 because it seems to get worse before it gets better. I'm also 7 weeks post op and really starting to see the change and enjoy it. Every days seems like an eternity to get to that turning point but hopefully after you talk to your plastic surgeon it will give you some piece of mind and you can continue your recovery.
Without seeing pics it may be hard to address your concerns. Every body type is different. My scar is a little over 3 inches below my belly button, but it's perfectly placed for me. My scar also goes up a little in the center and many pictures I've seen are like this. That may have something to do with the belly button and pubis areas being right there. As for your belly button, I'd have to see it, but you probably still have stitches in it. If you do, it will look different once they are removed. Do address any concerns with your surgeon, always keep the communication open there. 10 days is still pretty fresh from surgery. You will be amazed how each week you look better and better. I am 7 weeks post op and love what I see...and some of the swelling is still there, so the end result in another month or so should be even better! It's easier said than done, but have some patience and let your body heal. Your journey will go quickly!