What Should I Do? I Am Open and Welcome Suggestions -Ft. Lauderdale

This picture is with no makeup and I'm tired, but...

This picture is with no makeup and I'm tired, but I feel it's a pretty accurate representation of what I look like. As you can see, I have an adult acne problem; I've been battling this for the past five years. I believe all the topicals and oral medications that I have tried have caused premature aging. Other than my skin issue, I am interested in getting a nose job - my nose is super crooked! Now, what do you think about my eyes? I've been thinking to get an eye lift at the same time of the nose job. Not sure.

i loved the pictures!! i did, but then some things i didn't like ... a) even though i paid $100, i couldn't get a copy of the pictures b) was told no sunglasses or working out for 6 weeks after surgery ... is that routine? i'm a teacher and was hoping if i go ahead with it to do it in june, but i live in florida ... i need my sunglasses!! and, i've been dreaming about spending a good amount of my summer in the gym ... i guess i could walk?? if nothing else ... the cost is $6,782 ... seems a little high and $700 for botox (i think they said 50 something or other)
hi, sorry for not writing earlier - had computer issues. so, i met with dr. ryan green in weston and he was wonderful ... i'm going back on april 17th to get digital photos done to show what my nose could potentially look like ... i'm excited to see that : ) he said that i have 2 bumps on my nose and it will have to be broken to get the ideal results. he said botox would be great for me and restylane would be good for the hallow look under my eyes - i think i'm going to give botox a try, but skip the restylane - too many scary reviews online ... he mentioned some options for my skin, such as laser and a peel ... just wanted to give you all an update ... i'll let you know what i think after i see the pictures on april 17th
Hi! I've also struggled with acne as well. I have found that my acne was worse when I was not taking birth control pills. Also, I recently bought a clairisonic brush and it REALLY, really, helps. My breakouts have improved so much... It is supposed to exfoliate your skin really well. Mine looks so much better immediately after using it. I use the cleanser that came with it & I also use St. Ives apricot scrub.. I alternate them. Also, my dermatologist gave me Adapalene gel to put on my face. I've noticed a big difference with it also (makes my skin much smoother). It is the first gel Ive ever gotten from a dermatologist that actually works! If I put it on at night I notice the results the following morning, my skin looks so much tighter, and smooth. It is very good for drying if you are prone to oiliness. Good luck. :) I am also planning on having a rhinoplasty done in 2 months.. I can't really tell much about your nose from the front, it looks fine. How is your profile? I have a horrible hump, but you can really only tell from any side/angled views. Your eyes look fine, i wouldn't change them. I think you could do great things with makeup, I would schedule a few consultations at MAC or some other makeup locations you are close too, let them play around with some different looks. Finding cute, new makeup is always good for boosting confidence. :) Plus, foundations with good coverage are excellent for covering up scars (I have some too). If your acne is an absolutely terrible problem, I would consider accutane as a last result. Everyone I've known to have it has beautiful skin now. But it is a very serious treatment with several dangerous potential side effects.. I know they have to monitor your liver enzymes and you have to watch sun exposure carefully. Good luck with whatever you decide to pursue!
(The makeup comments was in regards to eye brightening & improvement in their appearance, as well as the acne scarring.) I wish makeup could improve the appearance of my nose, would be much easier than a rhino! haha.
hi rh : ) which birth control are you on? i went on spirolacatone (not a birth control, but a hormone controlling med), which made me so tired and moody, plus i swear! i did not have lines on my forehead until i was on that medicine, and i was only on it for 2 months. after my experience with spirolacatone, i'm scared to try accutane, but am willing to try birth control. about my nose, i do have a bump, but what i want is a more overall feminine appearance. thank you so much for taking the time to write! best wishes!
I am 7 weeks PostOp and had a nose job, upper/lower eyelid surgery and a chemical peel under my eyes and around my mouth. I also had a tummy tuck all at the same time. I can say that the facial surgery was very easy and pretty painless, although I still have a little bit of redness under my eyes from the peel. The peel was probably the worst and the recovery time seems long but I am happy with the results. From you pic it is hard to see the problems with your nose and eyes. I would get a few consultations and then make your decision. I live in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and chose a PS in Miami.
wow! that's a lot - good for you for being so brave! why did you get the peel? how long was it till you got to do everyday activities after your surgery? i'm very near you, in plantation. my issue with me eyes are the droopiness and my nose is the overall appearance - crooked, big, not feminine. however, i really want as much as possible a "natural" look. thank you for you input, catmobile!!
I got the peel to deal with fine lines. It is quite an improvement. As far as my face surgery of the nose and eyelids, I was okay to do everyday activities as soon as my cast came off, which was about a week later. All the bruising went away pretty quickly. The chemical peel, however, takes a while for the redness to fade but you can use a coverup makeup like Dermablend if you need to to be presentable in public. I pretty much have been laying low, not wearing makeup, and taking time to heal. The redness of the chemical peel lasts about 3 months. There are lesser peels, but you should discuss with your PS what might be the best one for you and your skin condition. I am sure with the right surgeon you will get the results you are looking for. Keep us posted on your journey.
thank you! will do!
Welcome GK! Like you, my two biggest issues were my acne-prone skin and my nose. I waited to take care of my skin first, before my nose, and I'm glad I did. In recovery for nose surgery, my skin was taped up, covered, sufffocated by patient tape glue, and oily. It was really difficult to wash and treat my face during this time, so it would have been breakout central if my skin was still out of control. That's something to consider! From what you describe, it sounds like your acne is more important to take care of now. As for your eyes, I think you look great and I don't see a need for an eye lift. But of course, it's up to you! Take your time to think about everything. Good luck!
getting feedback is so exciting! thank you eclair! how did you "cure" your acne problem? i have tried so many things!
It was a long process of weeding out products that were irritating my skin, going to different facials until I found a spa that produced results for me, sticking to a skincare routine, and eating better. The only medication I tried was birth control, which may help as well. My skin still isn't completely clear, but it's much better than before. I'm finally at a point where I accept that no one has perfect skin and I'm happy with what I got. I hope it all works out for you too!
thank you! i appreciate you taking your time out to write : )
my acne seems to be hormonal because it's pretty much just around my mouth. i think i will try birth control sometime in the near future, just want to give my body a bit of a break right now. i was recently on spirolacatone (spelling?) and it made me moody, tired AND!! i swear it's to blame for my premature aging (wrinkles on forehead and under eyes) ... so, maybe in another month or two, i'll try birth control
Hi:) I hope you get as much from this site as much as I did. It definitely helped in terms of my rhinoplasty pre-op and post op. Anyways. I just wanted to write you because I don't know if its necessarily a good idea to leave such an open-ended question about what could be improved about your appearance. No one is perfect. I definitely look crazy without makeup! I bet if I posted a pic of me without makeup and asked people what they think what work should be done, everything under the sun would be suggested! Anyways, with that saying, I think that you should get work on something ONLY if you have a major hang-up/insecurity about it. Like, for me, my nose was my biggest insecurity even if I have bags under my eyes as well as sometimes I get those laugh lines and my lips could be fuller. But once again, my nose was my biggest issue so I decided to just fix that and work with whatever I had. So whatever makes you REALLY insecure, work on that but don't let surgeons (however nice and honest they are) tell you what could make you beautiful. Just find that one (or two) things that really distract from the rest of your beauty and then go from there! Hopefully this comment doesn't come across harsh or judgemental! I just wanted to give you my honest thoughts on this. Goodluck!
thank you so much marts! i understand what you're saying! when i was younger, my nose was definitley my biggest issue. as i age, my list gets longer, but i feel as if my nose is the center of it all, and if i improved that, it would help everything else, in a way. also, all the harsh acne meds i have used, i believe has aged my skin, if anyone has any homeopathic recomendations for acne problems, i would love to hear them.