I am 63 years old and was unhappy with how fat had transferred to unattractive places in my body. Also, over the years my formerly nice butt had lost volume. Overall I am in excellent health, no health Also Juvaderm upper and lower lip line. No health issues and my skin fairly elastic for my age, but some cellulite in fat areas. I had lipo in my inner and outer thighs, abs, back and flanks and a brazilian butt lift. I am 4 days out from surgery, and sore, black and blue. Very swollen. The hardest part of this is not being able to sit down for 2-3 weeks.
My suggestions to all who have this surgery:
1. BE PATIENT! Swelling will last for at least two weeks or more, final results will not be seen for several months.
2. Get your recovery area ready with lots of fluffy pillows (I have 5 down pillows), and a long body pillow. I found a comfortable way to lie on my stomach, straddling the body pillow with the other pillows around my head and shoulders.
3. Begin drinking prune juice the minute you feel up to taking liquids. Constipation is a side effect of the pain meds, and very uncomfortable with everything else going on with your recovery. My doctor's office recommended Colace and suppositories but they didn't work.
4. Make yourself get up and walk around as soon as possible, even if just a stroll in the back yard. It really helps with circulation and recovery. But, don't overdue.
5. Religiously wear your compression garmet. The satisfaction you have with the resuls will depend on how carefully you follow the doctor's orders. I'll check back in with an update in a week or so.