Clear Lift Pixel by Alma -Frisco, TX

I was talked into a free treatment yesterday with...

I was talked into a free treatment yesterday with a spas new alma laser. It is called Clear Lift. A new and less ablative laser than their 360 laser. It did not hurt at all! She did half of my face first so I could see the results and wow, did I ever! I sound like an advertisement but I am amazed at how much one treatment smoothed out my laugh lines and jowls! I am 53 and jowling is my biggest concern and they are noticeably improved and my face feels tighter. I therefore have purchased a package for face and neck and they gave me a great deal. I will report back after I have had a couple more. The technician told me these results after just one treatment will,not be lasting. She says it really takes three about two to three weeks apart to have lasting results. We shall see. I am skeptical always but these results I can see!

I cancelled my appt. this week. Busy but also bc...

I cancelled my appt. this week. Busy but also bc I just see no lasting effects or improvement. Not sure I am buying the collogen stimulation pitch. I think if you have an event you want to look great at then have this done the day before. The plumping effects do last about 3-5 days diminishing a bit each day. Really amazing! Just wish it lasted.
I will spend my money instead on good products and botox and juvederm that have longer lasting effects...maybe on an occasional peel also. Btw, this is also called REDO at some places.

I had purchased a groupon for photofacials. I am not finished rating them yet until I have had all treatments. Then I will,disclose their location and name.

The odds of getting a bad facelift are too great a risk IMO. But I will not to opposed to an injectible one. Fillers work with immediate results and not much pain. Yes, they do not last...yet. Seems every six months a new one comes out. Sculptra does last apparently but sure costs a lot still.
I think everyone should save their money for an actual facelift! I've had Fractional and Co2 laser treatments that were terrible rec0very and after swelling went down there was no improvement! Now that I'm an Esthetician I know that you can't repair or create more collegen if there isn't any left in your skin. So while I'm trying to get up the nerve and save up the money to have a facelift, I'll continue to get Botox and filler (Sculptra is great!) But no more wasting money on these treatments that do nothing or don't last!
Clearlift and Pixel are two different treatments. They are both made by Alma Laser, but the Clearlift is non-ablative treatment with no downtime, and the Pixel is a fractional laser with at least a week of downtime.
I think it is concerning that she would now tell you the clear lift is a waste of time! I would be angry. It is supposed to be more permanent after your six treatments with a yearly or bi-annual treatment to maintain. To try to upsell you to every new treatment that comes along is wrong. They either believe in what they sell or they should not be selling it. I too had results that did not last more than a week after a clear lift. I wish it had lasted! I was told I just needed a series also for lasting improvements. Apparently it would have been a waste of my time though. I would use the remainder of my treatments if I were you but before special occasions only. Geez. Find another spa for the venus feeze but, if it does not last either I would opt for injectibles such as radiesse. JMHO.
injectibles and skin treatments do not do the same thing. Radiesse is the worst choice and not used by most plastic surgeons and derms in typical cases. It causes bumps, lumps and is not reversible like the hylauronic acids are. It was designed for severe issues not mainstream wrinkles.
Update from Clear Lift Pixel by Alma. 3rd treatment- Amazing results is all I can say. I need to add that before I finished my 3rd Pixel treatment, the Spa offered a free trial for a Venus Freeze on my face. The Venus Freeze totally melted my jowls and now I have a nice defined jaw line. I don't know how long the effect will last. But By adding the Venus Freeze to the picture , I am confused at what I should do next. The tech told me that I should forgo the rest of the skin tightening treatment that I paid for, in order to switch to the Venus Freeze for the skin tightening. The tech said that the regular skin tightening that I purchased in a package along with the Clearlift Pixel for $2,400 is not worth my time. So the tech offered me a deal, in order to switch out my regular skin tightening that I had already purchased for the Venus Freeze, I needed to pay $2000. I said no thanks and that I will just finish my purchased treatment. I did not want to be taken for more money. I will say that I was tempted to switch after seeing the Venus Freeze results. I don't want to waist my time doing frivolous skin tightening treatments that don't work, but I also don't want to spend more money either. I have 4 Pixel Lassr treatments left in my purchased package. I may stop everything and just spread out the rest for future use. My concern is that if I stop the treatment plan, that my jowels will return. Any suggestions ?
Barink and Frisco In the used car business it is called a bait and switch!
Great anology!! It sure makes you want to report businesses that do this, especially after you spend $2,400 for what you think is the correct treatment plan for yourself.
these are not permanent solutions. they give improvement and diminish over time
Finally got to have my second Clearlift treatment. I see very subtle results. Lines look a little finer, redness over nose and cheeks is less than it was before, and maybe a little firming of jawline.
Spelling correction-jowls a little tighter.
Lol. I knee what you meant. I saw fabulous, amazing even results for about a week. It burns your inner dermis causing swelling so you get a plumped up look temporarily. It would be great for a special event! I too went to your frisco spa. Are you using Taz? She is very knowledgeable. Just a two hr drive for me so looking at a spa closer. But this was your second treatment right? Taz pushes for every two weeks and for 6 treatments that close, not spread out. Therefore, I am very curious how you do and look after three going once a month. Keep us posted.
2nd day after the treatment. No side after affects at all from the treatment. Smoother face, less wrinkles, and jails a little tighter from before I had my 1st free treatment. I went on the Alma Laser site and saw a YouTube video by the co. Saying 3 treatments a year is all they recommend with 1/2 every year afterwards to keep up. But they have no true facts on how long the results will last because it was not invented for this purpose. It was invented for use by the military. I payed for 7 sessions for both the face and neck-$2,400 at Pure Med Spa in Frisco, TX. I think I am only going to do it every month until I reach my 3 max. Then use my other visits yearly.
I have not been back yet for a second treatment due to time restraints. frisco is so far for me also that I am looking for a closer spa. I do not think I will buy a pkge deal but just pay as I go. I will try for three total. Already having had one. No visible results after the first week. But, no additional wrinkles either! Not sure this is a permanent thing. May be better off with Radiesse and juvederm fillers...money better spent perhaps?
fillers are not used for skin tightening. do not use Radiesse. it is not the choice by most plastic surgeons and derms because it causes bumps and lumps and is not reversible. it was made for sever cases not fine ines and wrinkles
Radiesse has lasted about two years on me. It was given by a plastic surgeon in my cheeks and some in jowls. As a volume addition. No lumps or bumps. Very natural results...just very expensive. The only permanent fix that I know of is plastic surgery. However, the liposonix or liposonic sure looks promising for skin tightening although much more invasive than a clearlift or venus freeze treatment. I would like to have my entire skin tightened! Lol
Imsorrynow, did you have an IPL treatment, or a Clearlift? I know in the wrong hands things can go horribly wrong with the IPL, but the Clearlift is has a great track record as far as safety. I am planning to go back for my second treatment in early May. I had to skip my April treatment due to personal reasons, but I am excited to have my second treatment.
Imsorrynow2-question!!!!! Are you saying you think the clear pixel lift actually caused more wrinkles than you had before you started the treatment?
Not ClearLift but Fraxel on my arms and IPL on my face. I had Fraxel by my arms first from my derm doctor of tens years which at first only left really bad hypo and hyperpigmentation. They told IPL was much more gentle and I went to another doctor about two months later for my face the first treatment went fine four weeks later had the second treatment and caused so much damage. I have pictures posted. The I don't know what is worse that damage continues to get worse or the fact the doctors denies any responsibility for the damage.It took about three months later for my arms started with all these pixel holes and lines appearing.All of them work under the same science. Lasers in theory damage the skin which in return is suppose to create collegan scar tissue but as you can read it does not happen for everyone. If I could go back to just having some crows feet and few brown spots I would be so happy. Once the damage is done it is a burn and your skin will never be the same. Read some of the results under Fraxel or IPl damaged my skin there seems to be no solid reason why?
Wow I am so sorry for you. I only hope that the Alma Clearlift pixel does not screw up my face. So far, I am happy.
Be careful. I had a Clearlift, and half my eyebrow either fell out, or broke off. Can't really tell yet which it was. I don't see little follicles like it was shaved off, that's why I am scared. I am praying it grows back!!!!! Also, no beneficial results to my skin from one treatment, but I knew that going in.
Hmmm, interesting. I do not remember her going over my eyebrows at all. I know she was above them. It is not promoted for hair removal but that does not mean it cannot. My peach fuzz on my face is still there. I did see noticable results after one side of my face. I still am seeing results although fading somewhat. But, they tell me 3 treatments are minimal to see any lasting results and 6 is optimal then with a yearly followup or two to maintain. I will keep posting on this and be truthful about it. My next treatment is still two weeks off. I certainly hope your eyebrow grows back!
I was told around six treatments, also. My face felt a bit warm the day I had it done, and even a little bit the next day. No real visible redness, though. The treatment itself certainly didn't hurt at all. You might say it was even a pleasant feeling. But, she did go over and under each eyebrow, and I could hear popping noises like the hairs were burning (especially on my left brow.) When I got home there were little hairs scattered all over my eye lid, and cheek. I do plan to go back for my next treatment, but she will stay "away" from my eyebrows. I also will keep posting my results. There is so little out there about this new laser.
My skin looked great after my first IPL treatment but that was swelling and it went away some brown spots flaked away that made me happy. Second treatment caused my skin to shrivel, crinkle with lines I never had before. You may have great results I hope you do but find out some information before you go for a more treatments. Find out what they had it set at and do not let them go even one up. That is when many of us experience damage. This can occur even with best doctor with years of experience. Just want you to be the most informed you can be. Take your own pictures now outside in natural light up close. Than take weekly after treatment until you have another treatment which is usually four to six weeks intervals. Read the pros and cons on Fraxel, IPL and other skin resurfacing lasers from real people here not just a doctor or spa. Wish the best and hope you get great results. I just wish I knew more when I had mine done.
Thanks for the words of caution. I have an appt. first of April. The tech wants me to come in every two weeks. But reading up says 4 weeks is optimal. I cannot afford more than 1x a month period though. I shopped around yesterday and found only two other places in Dallas with this same Alma laser. Can that be? It is called other names. The Clear Lift name is most recent. It also is called REDO still at some places and Pixel Q-Switch was the oldest name FYI. Still, hard to find reviews looking under all names. One nice tech I spoke with at a different spa had a slightly better package price and she was pretty candid when I asked her about results. She basically told me that results vary based on after at-home care. She said one has to pamper their skin to achieve the best results. Hmmm. Sounds like a lot of product pitching going on to me. I use natural products on my face and good sunscreen by Obagi but, I am not one to spend $80 on a face cream. Been there done that. I have had one deep FX laser peel(major), a deep blue peel(also major)and recently three IPLs(ouch). All were successes though even though I had downtime and they hurt. So, my sun damage is under control. My neck still has some melasma that I think either a light blue peel or more IPLs might get rid of. But I want something that builds collagen and firms. This whole Alma laser pitch frankly sounds like bologna to me. But, after one treatment I do see results...they have faded though because, like you said, most improvement I saw immediately and the few days after may have been puffiness or swelling which has subsided. That makes sense. But, a couple of shallow wrinkles I had have not yet returned. The deeper ones are still there but my jowls seem a bit more shallow..not positive. My neck looks the same. Still, with mixed results, I want to do at least three of these. No where can I find any less than three recommended. May even change techs and places. But, now worried about settings etc...that you mentioned and thinking perhaps I need to stick it out with my current locale rather than price shop. I like my tech anyway, just not the spa so much. BTW, how long has it been since your second treatment?