Grass is Greener on the Other Side - Texas

Isn't it crazy how the things we do seem like such...

Isn't it crazy how the things we do seem like such a great idea at the time? Thanks to all of you ladies for all the information and opinions here. I have learned so much and finally am able to feel not so alone in wanting these damn waterbags removed!

I am 48 years old. 5'3" and approx 130-135 Lbs. I'm very active, have awesome children and a terrific super supportive husband. But I have certainly made my share of mistakes alone the way.
17 years ago I went through a very difficult divorce. Lost a lot of weight(major anxiety) and was left with super low self esteem and two extremely deflated breasts. Before the divorce and subsequent weight loss I was approx. a B cup. I was not flat chested and never ever had I even thought about breast augmentation. However, my post marriage very droopy flattened out mommy boobs made me so self conscious and I wondered if any man ever be interested in me again..I was in nearing 30 at the time..I hastily took what little money I had and went to the PS and asked for a lift. He said I would need a small implant or the lift would not be successful. I was gullible and gave him the money without knowing many details.
I woke up and found myself with huge breasts!...Saline-over the muscle- Benelli lift. Omg what had I done?! Honestly I never even thought for a second that they looked good. Ok, they were not droopy but I really wouldn't say they were perky either...At that point it really didn't matter because I had zero $$ left to spend and life, kids, work etc got in the way of anything being done about it. After all I was the one who wanted this so badly!
Within the next few years, I went back to my original weight before the divorce. My new bra size was 34 DD or bigger but I refused to ever buy anything bigger than that !Major denial! A day did not go by that I was not self conscious of my breasts. Every picture that I was ever in just looked like one big huge boob. I hated them so much but I was too embarrassed to ever tell anyone. Hate is actually an understatement for how I felt about them.
Flash forward 17 years... I still have them and I still hate them! I have since remarried to a wonderful man who is behind me 100% with whatever I want to do. These waterbags have been through so much with me. Miles of running and riding horses(oh that was not fun with these stupid painful bags of salt water!) and SO many hours of working out. They have just become such a part of me that I just got used to them I guess. It has taken a long time for me to be able to forgive myself enough to spend the money to have them removed. It sounds so stupid but its the truth...The journey has been a long one. And I could write a novel about all that has happened.
The important thing is that I am ready now! My husband and I went last January to one PS for a consultation. I had a bad feeling there and although the PS was very supportive I just didn't feel like he was the one. My PA at the doctor's office that I adore and trust told me about Dr Christine Stiles. I went for a consultation a few weeks ago and I was over the moon when I left her office!!! Wow! The staff was wonderful, she was so informative and understanding!!! She explained everything to me. She said my implants were 375-400cc(Omg that's huge) and my implants were very hard and the scar tissue was bad(stage 3) which would explain the pain I've had. Being done 17 years ago they are also very wide(think salad plate,lol). We discussed the dimpling that is so dramatic at the bottom of my left breast. Obviously she will remove the capsules and drains will be a necessity. I asked about a lift and she recommended waiting at least 6 months to see how my breasts will respond. I trust her reasoning completely. Not for one second did I feel embarrassed or self conscious. I scheduled my surgery for August 14. My pre-op appt is August 1. The surgery center is across the street from her office and I will have GA. In the meantime, I have to have the blood work etc next week.
I can hardly stand it I'm so excited! I am not a large person and my body will hopefully finally be in proportion. It has been so long I am really not even sure what size my real breasts are. Guess we will all find out soon enough.
Thank you all so much...You don't know how much each of you has helped me... Hugs to you all.

8 days till explant!

Hey ladies!
These days are crawling by! Out of town right now but I've been meaning to post my pics .. Yuk I think they look worse in pictures! You can see the extreme CC on the left side and moderate on the right also. I can feel much more of my own tissue on the right. I am wondering if I will be two different sizes or if they will be more even once all the scar tissue is out. Time will tell.
I went to my preop last week. Got my prescriptions for pain pills and antibiotics. They will give me a front close bra to take home and another one I will be in when I wake up from surgery. I will wear these for two weeks. Then soft sports bras. The nurse went over drain care with me and gave me several pages of instructions to read.
I also had my blood drawn and basic medical check and all is well. Now it's just more waiting....

The pictures....

New surgery date Aug 15

Hello ladies...quick update. My surgery date is pushed back one day because I am having it done at the hospital instead of the surgery center. My insurance is involved now so had to move to a hospital that will accept it. No big deal, as both places are excellent. Although that one day will feel like an eternity. Time is creeping along. I'm very excited but can't help but feel a little anxious to. Not so much for the surgery, but for the drains and aftercare. I am glad you guys will be here to talk to. Thanks to all of you...!

Tomorrow is the day!

Well ladies, the waiting is almost over. Haven't felt a bit nervous until today. I am going to try hard not to let the anxiety get me. I have a busy day ahead so that should help. I think I have everything organized..
A couple things I am a bit worried about... how do you guys keep yourself from rolling over when you need to sleep on your back? Pillows on your sides? I generally sleep on my side so I'm not sure how that will work out..
Also, for those of you who have already explanted..My breasts and nipples seem to point in opposite directions..will they stop pointing out once the implants are removed? Even a little would be nice..
I am having the capsules removed too. I am curious how much breast tissue will be attached after 17 years? I actually think I have some to spare but I'm not sure. Maybe this sounds ridiculous but I just want to make sure I don't have too much of my own breast left.. I just want to be free of all this bulk...
Well I better get going so much to do today. Thank you for reading ladies!

Waterbags are gone!!!!

Hello ladies!
Wow what a week! Surgery was Thursday morning.Dr. Stiles came in and drew on me and talked to my husband and I. Super nice PS and the nurses at the hospital couldn't say enough great things about her!
Implants were removed as well as the capsules. Felt pretty good when I woke up except for an achy right breast(the one with the worst CC). My Dr. said the scar tissue was stuck to the muscle so there was more work to be done on that side. I felt pretty good except for my right boob aching, a sore throat from the tube and an achy jaw area. Dr. Stiles thinks it may be the way that my head was positioned by the anesthesiologist during the surgery.I was discharged about 1:30 that afternoon.
I was super tired when I got home but very relieved. Took about a two hour nap and I woke up with extreme nausea. I was shaky all over and sweating. My right breast was enormous compared to the left one. It was obvious that something wasn't right.
My husband called the PS office and emailed them a picture to show the swelling on the right side.
Soon after that the office called and said Dr. Stiles needs me to go to the ER asap as I would need to go back into surgery. Apparently I had a very large hematoma that would need to be addressed right away. My drains were draining but the right side was significantly more than the left.
So... back to the hospital we went. I was in tears, didn't want to go back, and was worried that I would have to have a different Dr. Luckily Dr. Stiles was waiting for me when we got there. What a relief. She was so calm and it really helped. ( I have had trouble with hematomas in the past from injuries so I understood what was going on. Just not happy about it). They took blood in the ER to moniter my hemoglobin which was low due to just having surgery earlier that day.
Everyone at the hospital couldn't be nicer to me and the new anaesthesiologist was very informative and comforting. I don't remember much after being wheeled into the operating room. Next thing I knew it was 11:30 PM and I was in recovery. Dr. Stiles had already talked with my husband and daughter who were there in the waiting room.
Dr. Stiles wanted me admitted for the night and I think I was relieved to not go home. I had a great room and super nurses. Didn't get much sleep that night even though I was so exhausted. Dr. Stiles came in 3 times the next day!! My hemoglobin was low due to the two surgeries and blood loss. She started me on iron and also a shot. She told me my breasts look great and she even manipulated the tissue to help shape them a bit during the surgery.. She said I will be very surprised and happy with the outcome!
At that point I was so swollen and bruised and tired I really didn't care. I was released to go home late Friday afternoon. The weekend has really been a blur. Dr. Stiles said to rest as much as possible due to the two surgeries with GA in one day.

I finally can see what I look like now that the swelling is going down. I am super happy with the results.! Wow so much better than I expected. Tomorrow I go for a recheck. Maybe I will get the left drain out but I'm not sure.

I have to say that even though the drains are a bother, they do not hurt. I am so grateful for that. I am very very bruised right now. I knew I would be as I've always bruised terribly. Dr. Stiles gave me Arnica tablets and I also ordered some gel.

So that's my story... I honestly haven't had the energy to write much these last few days. I have barely opened my computer. I am finally feeling better and more like myself. I will post pics after the bruising has gotten better. I can say that my breasts are much much less droopy without the implants!!

Drains are gone!

I feel so free! Drains were removed today and I am so happy! I went for a recheck on Tuesday and they weren't quite ready to come out as I was still getting some fluid draining on both sides. I made the appt for this morning and there was almost no output! I was very surprised that the drains didn't hurt when they removed them. Actually I thought the tape being pulled off on Tuesday was worse than the drains being removed. The nurse put the ABD pads over the incisions still and small band aids and some antibiotic ointment over the area where the drains were. I have to wait until tomorrow to shower...That is going to be the greatest!!! I am going to just stand in the shower and never come out!
I am so happy with my breasts. I have quite a bit of my own tissue left. For sure a B cup and possibly a small C. I figured I would since I weighed much less when the implants were put in 17 years ago. I do feel like I am still a bit swollen but everyday it is getting better. I am still quite bruised and turning all shades of blues, yellows, and greens.
Ladies don't let my talk of bruising alarm you. It is just how I am ...seriously I can get a bruise by walking through a doorway and hitting my arm. There is nothing wrong with me, its just the way I am. I have very thin skin and I'm sure that doesn't help.
I'll post pics when I'm not quite so colorful. I am using lots of Arnica gel and I do think it helps.
Can't wait to go to sleep tonight without the drains..really loving being natural!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Informative, gentle and reassuring. I have only had the consultation but I walked out of her office knowing that I was in the right place. The staff was wonderful and I actually had FUN at my consultation. I know that I will be in the best of hands!

Hi Waterbags! How ya feeling? Did your checkup go ok?
Check up was great. She said everything is on track. I am still a bit swollen and sore - I had a heck of a time with the right breast and the CC. 17 years is a long time and I had quite a lot of scar tissue to take out. During the surgery, Dr. S had to sew a bit of tissue together under my right breast in order to repair the large "dent" and round out the bottom. She told me I have lots of healing to do still and I will be seeing a lot of improvement. I have to say though that I am really happy with the results so far. Ha Ha I also got botox on my frown line in between my eyes yesterday. Lol I have been so excited to try it. Wait until you reach your 40's; you will understand! Thank you for remembering about my appt Want2!
I am 60 with 27 year old implants...I think I need a whole new body:)
Can't wait to see pics!!!! :) I bet you are so happy without your water bags in. Maybe you need a nickname now! Hehe
Hi 1986! I am doing really well. I need to update my review with new pictures..The bruises are finally about gone. Just a little yellow/green on the right side which is the one that had the additional surgery and had such horrific scar tissue. I am still sore especially on the lower portion of both breasts. The incisions are healing really well. 1986 has your skin always been thin or has it gotten worse as you have gotten older? Mine always has and seems to be getting worse. Every little mark shows up on my skin as a bruise or scratch or red mark. I hate it.
Mine has always been somewhat thin as my mom's, but it has gotten worse the last ten years. I am now 60 and have been on prednisone for 5 years which causes it too. I look forward to seeing your update pics. Your story makes me glad we are paying extra to stay overnight. I have some medical issues and my husband was insistent that for at least overnight I have some more informed help than just him. He will also stay with me at the facility.
How are you now? I also have thin skin so understand the bruising. So glad you are happy with how you are looking.
Congratulations on getting the drains out! Don't blame you wanting the shower to last forever...after a week with drains I stood in there till I drained the water heater and had to get out! Enjoy your new found freedom, and that shower tomorrow!!! Xoxox
Hi Waterbags- I'm so sorry to hear all that you went thru. Glad you were happy with Dr.Stiles. I have a consult with her this Friday. We will see. It's between her and Dr.Milmed. Can't wait to see your after pics, I bet they look great and natural! :)
Thank you Want2 I think both Drs are really excellent so go with your gut and which one suits your goals. I hope you have a good consult tomorrow. I just left Dr Stile's office a few hours ago. Got my drains out! I'll post pictures as soon as I am not so black and blue. I honestly have never met anyone that bruises as easily as I do. There is nothing wrong with me- its just how I am! But I am pleased and they do look natural and SOFT!
Oh my, Waterbags, you have been through quite an ordeal. I really hope you are recovering and feeling better! You have earned your "explant wings" for sure!! Rest and take good care of yourself. We are all wishing you well!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery complications but thank God everything worked out. Even with all you went through you still sound so positive and encouraging to others. Once again your thoughts and emotions are so similar. With my BA I became a 34d and for a long time would only buy 34c because that's what I wanted to be. Didn't quite work out. I'd try every 34c bra on until I could find one that'd squish them in. Then I went to minimizer 34d bras! Hated my pictures when I saw them - always looking for bras & clothes that would hide them. 12 years too long - big day is tomorrow!!!!
Oh my gosh good luck!!! I'm excited for you! Just don't expect too much from yourself at first. Its funny you said you looked for the minimizer 34 D -so did I!!! Thank goodness we are all waking up and realizing that big isn't always better! Good luck and post when you are up to it.
Poor you! What a scary time you've had, I so glad you had such a fantastic doctor who obviously was very fond of you too, judging by the amount of time she visited you. That certainly helps! Now you need to rest, get your blood count back up, don't over do anything, just potter about. Less droopy is great!
Thank you Allie. I've been resting and everyday is getting better. Its amazing how our bodies recuperate.I think my Dr knew how worried I was and how much this surgery meant to me. Its all been very emotional.
Oh no, what a rough ride. I'm just so pleased to hear you've been well looked after by your surgeon and nurses. Just think, its all done now and you can relax at home and take good care of yourself. Look forward to hearing how you get on when you're feeling much better. Take care and congrats on your explant x
Thank you Rosey! I am feeling so much better already! Its funny when you don't feel good it really doesn't matter that I can't shower! Lol. I thought that would be awful. My daughter washed my hair in the sink yesterday and I took a shallow bath. Felt so good!
Ah that's so lovely of her. I had sponge shallow baths for 2 weeks before I showered properly. It really didn't bother me either as much as I thought it would. I'm forever in the bath or shower normally lol. But when its time you'll really enjoy it and it'll be worth the wait x
Oh My God, you poor girl! That is all soooo rough! So grateful your doctor was so awesome and took such great care of you, and that your on the road to recovery, and feeling a little stronger! You have had such a rough time of it. Keep resting. With such a rough start, you will need extra tender loving care. So happy to hear that you are pleased with the results already! That's fantastic! Keep us posted when your feeling up to it! xoxox
Thanks Little. Its so typical me to have issues, lol. my body is so freakin sensitive. I think I scared my poor husband to death. Today is the recheck at the Dr. Sure would love to get these drains out but I'm not getting my hopes up. You are looking fantastic Little. I hope you start feeling better!
Oh no you had another surgery? You won't believe this but so did I!! I'm in the hospital right now. Huge swollen right breast with massive hematoma..left side seems ok but right is bad. Not a good day so I haven't been able to post. Im glad you are better.Aug 15 may not bea lucky date! My doctor was great and she was available for anything I needed . So glad I chose her. Do you think your swelling will go down now?
No way! 15th isn't such a lucky day! How are you now?? Did the second surgery solve the problem? Did you recover ok from the second general anaesthetic? Immediately after my second surgery the swelling had gone and I have to say that I am so delighted that the implants are out! I was really scared about the haematoma, but other than a big blister (from where the breast swelled under the sticky film holding the drain in!) I seem to have recovered well! Really hope you are ok and you are getting plenty of rest, my explant-haematoma buddy ;0)
Hey I hope your surgery went well and you are finding a comfortable sleeping position : ) I actually slept on my right side last night as that was the most comfortable for me, and my body actually felt better that way! I had bleeding and a very swollen left breast, but after a second surgery today I feel so much better and am looking forward to some relaxing time. Been thinking of you heaps and hope all is well, M xxx
Good luck today!
Good luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out. My consult with Dr. Stiles is next week!