Woohoo...so happy I finally did this...43, TT, BL & BA

I've dreamt of doing this for years! I'm 43, 2...

I've dreamt of doing this for years! I'm 43, 2 kids (24 and 19) and am getting a TT, BL & BA. I was overweight in high school and most of my adult life, plus two pregnancies. At my highest weight I was 235 lbs, lost most of that in 2007, but it took its toll on my body. Currently I'm 156 lbs and 5'6". Depending on time of month, what I've been eating, and brand, I usually wear a 10, sometimes an 8. I'm super excited to be on this journey and so happy I found RealSelf. Reading everyone's posts is super helpful! I'll post couple pics as the date approaches since I feel seeing everyone's before & after has been helpful to me .

Second Guesses...

I've read other posts about going through the doubts and second guessing decisions. Well, I'm there. Is this worth the expense, am I putting my self at risk for selfish reasons, etc. so far I've kept myself focused on why I'm doing this and how important it is to me. This pooch affects my confidence. I find myself siting slightly hunched, arms folded, trying to hide the belly. I've thought of doing this for at least 20 years, seriously started talking about it the last 7. It's time! I know I just need to stay positive and keep remembering why I'm doing this and how badly I've wanted his. Luckily I've found a few people I can confide in and one friend that has been extremely supportive of my decision. Wish the big day would hurry up and get here! :) Here's some pics, so I'll have something to compare to.

Before pics...

Silicone or Saline???

All I can think about are my boobs! I'm getting 300cc saline under the muscle...but I keep wondering if I'd be happier with the silicone. It sure felt better, more real. But will that matter if the implant is under the muscle and I still have some breast tissue? Really torn. Just need to get this done so I can stop stressing over the implants! Lol

Tomorrow is the big day!

Freaking out a little! Tomorrow is my big day. Luckily I got the first time slot, gotta be there at 7:15. It's about an hour and a half away, so will be heading out early! This time tomorrow, I'll be home trying to sneak a peak at my tummy...lol. :)

Rough day...

Yesterday went smoothly. Got to the surgery center at 7:15. Did some paper work, got the IV in, and my PS came and marked me up just before 8. I don't remember going into the actual surgery room or much of the drive home. We left there around 1:00. Slept most of the day. The pain is tolerable, just very sore. Then I got sick to my stomach, even taking anti nausea meds. That pain was horrible. I don't recommend vomiting after a TT & muscle repair! Lol My tummy looks flat & my boobs are swollen. Now I just need to be patient and enjoy the results.

6 days post op?

Feeling pretty good, able to move around and almost standing straight. I'm posting some pics taken this morning. So much swelling! Especially my lower belly. It's very misshapenend. Not sure how I'm feeling about my bb, but maybe it will look better once the swelling decreases? My boobs are huge...I'm ready for that swelling to go down. And to think I started to worry about the small implants I chose (300 cc, silicone, hp). I think my ps did a lot of lipo and I know that increases the swelling. I had a bm yesterday and today. Didn't have to resort to mom because I wasn't uncomfortable. I regularly take a daily probiotic and have been eating gummy fiber...kinda like a little treat! Thanks everyone for the support and sharing your experiences. Sure helps to know I'm not alone! :)

Couple more pics...

My body can't keep up with my energy, so for now my body wins and gets whatever rest it needs. So much I feel like doing, but I get tired and sore. Did manage to shave my underarms (the hair was long enough to braid) and attempted my legs. I'm sure I missed quite a few spots. Lol Reallytired of the drain, should be removed at my appt on Thursday...fingers crossed.

3 Weeks...

It's only been 3 weeks...feels like forever. I see a little progress each day, but wish I could fast forward another 3 weeks. I've been back to work since last week. Not bad, but by the end of the day I tend to be swollen and just feel tight. Been feeling a little down, but I think it's because I'm away from my gym routine. Used to go 5-6 days a week. I miss it! Can't wait to get back and really my tummy look good. My incision is low so I know I'll be happy with it and I'm liking the size of my boobs...I was panicking that they were too big, but they're settling. Trying to stay positive and keep remaining myself it will all be worth it! :)

Comparison photos

Side view doesn't look as changed as front view...

So swollen, but worth it!

The lack of activity was starting to make me feel depressed...things really turned around this past week. Been doing some long walks and finally was able to incorporate some light running...only averaging a 5.0 pace, but felt so good! Today got up into the Sierras and went on a 4.5 mile hike. Was so nice. No pain, but I could felt my skin getting tight towards the end. In fact...I think out of habit...I finished with a slight hunch. Really swollen tonight, so I will take it really easy tomorrow,. It was so worth it though, starting to feel like my old self...minus some stuff I don't miss and the addition of the twins. Can't wait until I can get back to my gym routine...gonna wait until 6 weeks and just do what my body allows.

6 weeks post op...

Officially 6 weeks today and feeling pretty good. Finally noticing the swelling subsiding. Tried on some clothes this weekend and fitting in a size 6. I was a 10 before surgery, so seeing the changes. Couple people at work have commented on how skinny I've gotten...so strange to hear people call me skinny after being heavy most of my life. Think it's almost time to do some clothes shopping and put away the baggy pants.

Recovery has been better than I expected. I'm at the gym using the treadmill & elliptical, but still scared to get back to the strength training...next week for sure. Just scared of doing too much because I feel good. I swell more on gym days, but nothing like I was.

Sleeping is so much better! I'm pretty much on my side, even wake up on my tummy. Laying on my tummy seems to bother my boobs more than anything. Still waiting for the left to catch up to the right. Still high.

Overall no major issues or complaints at this time. Just gonna keep an eye on lefty and try out my ab muscles soon. See how it goes...
James Knoetgen

You look great! Congrats on the 2 month milestone :)
You look great! I can't wait to be on the flat side! Only 68 more days for me but who's counting! ;-) Thanks for the great updates.
Your body is so well proportioned. Girrrl, you got that body together! You appear to be staying on top of the swelling. I find probiotics helpful too.
Awwww...thank you!
what was your size before the implants, Im a c cup now and looking to get 304 ccs … your before looks like mine now thats why i ask i think your 300 are a perfect size!
Thank you! I'm really happy with the size...tried on one of my 36 D bras and it fit very nicely. I was a 36 C before, and not a full C. Picking the cc's is so hard. I felt obsessed with making the right choice. My PS recommended the 300's, so I just went with it.
Thanks MtnSmile! Yea lol I feel obsessed too with making the right choice also… I try to find ladies that look about my size and are getting around the same cc's I'm looking at ..You are one of them :) thanks for helping looking to get 304 or 270 . 270 cc might be to small you think ? But my Doctor did gave me a choice in that size 270, 304 or 339 . my pre op is tomorrow ….. will talk to him again about it . Again thanks !
Do you know what profile you're getting? Mine are HP, that makes a difference in your final appearance too. If you're conflicted between the 270 & 304, I say go with the larger, it's not much of a difference and so many people get caught up with wishing they'd gone bigger. That way you won't have those doubts later about what if I had gotten the 304s... I asked my doctor the morning of the surgery if I should go bigger and he was so reassuring that the 300s were right for me. Called them the goldilocks, not too big and not too small, just right!
Your Awesome Mtnsmile! Know i don't know the profile. I will ask him when i go in for sure what if they are not hp? They will still look good right? So looks like it might be the 304 then, my pre op is today at 11am . The goldilocks , i like that.. :-)
They'll still look amazing! I kind of like the look of the mod +, but my ps only uses hp and I felt really good about him! I looked at some photos and decided the hp were ok. Hope your pre op went well! :)
Wow! You look great! I hope I do as well! I am going with silicone with just over 300cc's so I think I'll be right about your size. Perfect! Hope you continue to heal well.
Thank you! My left is a little high, but overall, I'm happy with them and the size. :)
You are looking great. I believe you are about a week behind me :). My surgery was April 16th. I have been going to gym for a week or so. Overall doing really well. Walking on treadmill and very light hand weights. will step it up a little bit at a time. So great to see your reviews.
Thank you! I managed a 2.6 mile walk today, felt good! I tried a slow jog, only lasted 2 seconds cause my body said NO! LOL I was smart and listened. Gonna head back to the gym this week and start slow, mainly treadmill, then add things in. :)
You look great. I wish I could go forward three weeks too... Are you ever in pain anymore? I'm still waking in pain sometimes at night. Food still hard to want to eat but it's getting better!
Not too much pain, but I do have to be careful moving in the night. It does hurt to move certain ways. Food and I are still having issues...gotta be careful and eat small portions. Just a teaspoonful too much and my tummy is tight and I'm super uncomfortable.
Glad it went well. After talking to u on my post I came to look at urs. U look amazing!! Hope ur doctors apt goes well today. ;)
You're getting close, aren't you? How excited you must be!
So glad your surgery turned out well, and your happy with your results. You look great. Keep us posted. I will be one month post op on Friday I'll update then.
Hope your healing is still on track. Haven't seen any updates recently. Please tell me it just keeps getting better...lol!
Wow! You look great! I hope my results are as good when I get my mm in August! Thanks for sharing your journey:-)
Thank you. Still pretty swollen, but I can tell I'm going to be very happy with the results!
Thank you...can't wait to watch your journey!
All looks great MtnSmile!! :). I still get tired and have to relax for awhile. My pits are hairy spotty, I got 350's and can't lift my arms that high yet! Glad your healing well, my TT scar is not as red anymore just a light pink
Oh yeah, my left is more swollen also