Woohoo...so happy I finally did this...43, TT, BL & BA

I've dreamt of doing this for years! I'm 43, 2...

I've dreamt of doing this for years! I'm 43, 2 kids (24 and 19) and am getting a TT, BL & BA. I was overweight in high school and most of my adult life, plus two pregnancies. At my highest weight I was 235 lbs, lost most of that in 2007, but it took its toll on my body. Currently I'm 156 lbs and 5'6". Depending on time of month, what I've been eating, and brand, I usually wear a 10, sometimes an 8. I'm super excited to be on this journey and so happy I found RealSelf. Reading everyone's posts is super helpful! I'll post couple pics as the date approaches since I feel seeing everyone's before & after has been helpful to me .

Congrats on your decision. You sound so excited :) happy for you.
Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf and congrats on that weight loss! Here's a list of recovery supplies that might come in handy. Keep us posted!
Congrats on this big decision. It will change your life for the better. Can't wait to follow your journey.

Second Guesses...

I've read other posts about going through the doubts and second guessing decisions. Well, I'm there. Is this worth the expense, am I putting my self at risk for selfish reasons, etc. so far I've kept myself focused on why I'm doing this and how important it is to me. This pooch affects my confidence. I find myself siting slightly hunched, arms folded, trying to hide the belly. I've thought of doing this for at least 20 years, seriously started talking about it the last 7. It's time! I know I just need to stay positive and keep remembering why I'm doing this and how badly I've wanted his. Luckily I've found a few people I can confide in and one friend that has been extremely supportive of my decision. Wish the big day would hurry up and get here! :) Here's some pics, so I'll have something to compare to.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Before pics...

Have you decided on a size and what kind you want?
I'm going with 300 cc HP saline, under the muscle. Hoping for a full C...
I think that size will look great on you! I can't wait to see your results.

Silicone or Saline???

All I can think about are my boobs! I'm getting 300cc saline under the muscle...but I keep wondering if I'd be happier with the silicone. It sure felt better, more real. But will that matter if the implant is under the muscle and I still have some breast tissue? Really torn. Just need to get this done so I can stop stressing over the implants! Lol

Hello!! You and I are having our surgery on the same day. We will be recovering together! I too have been in and out of the doubts. Wondering, is it fair for my family to sacrifice the $ and time it takes to take care of me. Plus I'm missing time off of work. But we've sacrificed our bodies, minds, etc for our families. It's our time! Good luck to you!! This is the last Thursday that our bodies will look like this. Eeekkk!!
I know the last Thursday....last Friday, wow! I'm taking time off work too...but my boss gave me a hard time about taking 2 weeks...couldn't tell him why I was taking vacation! Lol I can't wait until the surgery is done and I'm in the recovery phase, I'm so ready! Good luck to you too and I'm sure we'll be checking on each other and our progress. :)
You both will do fine, I chose to have silicone because of the more natural feel, I was a little hesitant at first cause of leakage but my PS put me at ease. I went 350 and behind the muscle. I was barely an A cup and droopy. Now, wow I'm glad I chose 350. Along with the TT the only thing I felt was like I did a lot of push ups and the chest muscle was sore my second post day. The third post day soreness was pretty much gone. They are up high, I visited My PS today and he said they will fall some. Good luck girls, you will both look great! :)

Tomorrow is the big day!

Freaking out a little! Tomorrow is my big day. Luckily I got the first time slot, gotta be there at 7:15. It's about an hour and a half away, so will be heading out early! This time tomorrow, I'll be home trying to sneak a peak at my tummy...lol. :)

MtnSmile, how are you doing today? Hope it all went well!
Looking forward to your update! Excited for you.
Hope all went well! Get lots of rest, your gonna need it. Before you sneeze or cough grab & hug a pillow. Can't wait to see your progress. Take care.

Rough day...

Yesterday went smoothly. Got to the surgery center at 7:15. Did some paper work, got the IV in, and my PS came and marked me up just before 8. I don't remember going into the actual surgery room or much of the drive home. We left there around 1:00. Slept most of the day. The pain is tolerable, just very sore. Then I got sick to my stomach, even taking anti nausea meds. That pain was horrible. I don't recommend vomiting after a TT & muscle repair! Lol My tummy looks flat & my boobs are swollen. Now I just need to be patient and enjoy the results.

So glad to hear you are doing well. Just rest and heal! Can't wait to watch how well you do. I am having my mm in August so I will be going through this soon too! Congrats on the new you!
I am 7 days postoperative and it does get easier every day. Remember to track meds so you don't forget when due, MOM and rest!!! Keep us posted :)
Good luck, look forward to your update :)

6 days post op?

Feeling pretty good, able to move around and almost standing straight. I'm posting some pics taken this morning. So much swelling! Especially my lower belly. It's very misshapenend. Not sure how I'm feeling about my bb, but maybe it will look better once the swelling decreases? My boobs are huge...I'm ready for that swelling to go down. And to think I started to worry about the small implants I chose (300 cc, silicone, hp). I think my ps did a lot of lipo and I know that increases the swelling. I had a bm yesterday and today. Didn't have to resort to mom because I wasn't uncomfortable. I regularly take a daily probiotic and have been eating gummy fiber...kinda like a little treat! Thanks everyone for the support and sharing your experiences. Sure helps to know I'm not alone! :)

Hey mtnsmile, happy your doing well, I'm 18 days post and still a little swollen on top. I went the 350 silicone so were about even on the top, I was an A and you a B. Still not able to lift my arms above my head or shave my pits entirely, can do a little. We should compare saline vs silicone in a few months. Mine are cushiony, do yours feel hard?
I actually switched to silicone at my pre op appt. I couldn't get over how much better they felt and I believe they are as safe as saline, so I went with my heart. Right now everything feels hard and swollen! Lol
You made the right decision, their more natural feeling. Mine have dropped down some, not so high in the chest. I put on a bikini and loved what I saw. Great boost in confidence!! :)

Couple more pics...

My body can't keep up with my energy, so for now my body wins and gets whatever rest it needs. So much I feel like doing, but I get tired and sore. Did manage to shave my underarms (the hair was long enough to braid) and attempted my legs. I'm sure I missed quite a few spots. Lol Reallytired of the drain, should be removed at my appt on Thursday...fingers crossed.

Glad it went well. After talking to u on my post I came to look at urs. U look amazing!! Hope ur doctors apt goes well today. ;)
So glad your surgery turned out well, and your happy with your results. You look great. Keep us posted. I will be one month post op on Friday I'll update then.
Wow! You look great! I hope my results are as good when I get my mm in August! Thanks for sharing your journey:-)

3 Weeks...

It's only been 3 weeks...feels like forever. I see a little progress each day, but wish I could fast forward another 3 weeks. I've been back to work since last week. Not bad, but by the end of the day I tend to be swollen and just feel tight. Been feeling a little down, but I think it's because I'm away from my gym routine. Used to go 5-6 days a week. I miss it! Can't wait to get back and really my tummy look good. My incision is low so I know I'll be happy with it and I'm liking the size of my boobs...I was panicking that they were too big, but they're settling. Trying to stay positive and keep remaining myself it will all be worth it! :)

You look great. I wish I could go forward three weeks too... Are you ever in pain anymore? I'm still waking in pain sometimes at night. Food still hard to want to eat but it's getting better!
Not too much pain, but I do have to be careful moving in the night. It does hurt to move certain ways. Food and I are still having issues...gotta be careful and eat small portions. Just a teaspoonful too much and my tummy is tight and I'm super uncomfortable.

Comparison photos

Side view doesn't look as changed as front view...

Your body is so well proportioned. Girrrl, you got that body together! You appear to be staying on top of the swelling. I find probiotics helpful too.
what was your size before the implants, Im a c cup now and looking to get 304 ccs … your before looks like mine now thats why i ask i think your 300 are a perfect size!
Thank you! I'm really happy with the size...tried on one of my 36 D bras and it fit very nicely. I was a 36 C before, and not a full C. Picking the cc's is so hard. I felt obsessed with making the right choice. My PS recommended the 300's, so I just went with it.

So swollen, but worth it!

The lack of activity was starting to make me feel depressed...things really turned around this past week. Been doing some long walks and finally was able to incorporate some light running...only averaging a 5.0 pace, but felt so good! Today got up into the Sierras and went on a 4.5 mile hike. Was so nice. No pain, but I could felt my skin getting tight towards the end. In fact...I think out of habit...I finished with a slight hunch. Really swollen tonight, so I will take it really easy tomorrow,. It was so worth it though, starting to feel like my old self...minus some stuff I don't miss and the addition of the twins. Can't wait until I can get back to my gym routine...gonna wait until 6 weeks and just do what my body allows.

You look great! I can't wait to be on the flat side! Only 68 more days for me but who's counting! ;-) Thanks for the great updates.
Awwww...thank you!

6 weeks post op...

Officially 6 weeks today and feeling pretty good. Finally noticing the swelling subsiding. Tried on some clothes this weekend and fitting in a size 6. I was a 10 before surgery, so seeing the changes. Couple people at work have commented on how skinny I've gotten...so strange to hear people call me skinny after being heavy most of my life. Think it's almost time to do some clothes shopping and put away the baggy pants.

Recovery has been better than I expected. I'm at the gym using the treadmill & elliptical, but still scared to get back to the strength training...next week for sure. Just scared of doing too much because I feel good. I swell more on gym days, but nothing like I was.

Sleeping is so much better! I'm pretty much on my side, even wake up on my tummy. Laying on my tummy seems to bother my boobs more than anything. Still waiting for the left to catch up to the right. Still high.

Overall no major issues or complaints at this time. Just gonna keep an eye on lefty and try out my ab muscles soon. See how it goes...

You look great! Congrats on the 2 month milestone :)
James Knoetgen