Lip Lift - Central Valley California - Fresno, CA

Hello all! I have been researching lip lifts for...

Hello all!
I have been researching lip lifts for about 2 years now. By far real self has been the best resource, so I figured I should share my experience.
I probably researched to a fault.. Reading anything and everything I could find online. More like an obsession! ;) I had virtual consults, email consults, in person consults, and phone consults. Let me just say that prices vary from$ 1500 to 5000.
My choice was made less on price and more on trust and location.
I wanted to stay close to home for a more comfortable recovery and the dr who has done my breast augmentations.
That being said, I had my pre-op in May to set my June 17 appt. pics were taken procedure was described as well as recovery.
All in all it seemed fairly easy as I had researched so much I felt I was well informed.
I made the choice to only tell a few close friends and my husband. Not everyone is pro plastic surgery and it's definitely a personal choice. That being said, I plan to not leave the house for several days. :)

Surgery day: I arrived at my appt and was put in a room in office and prepped for surgery. Face was cleaned and sterile blue towels all around my head. Dr. M reviewed the procedure and measured and marked my face. I was not given any type of med to relax, but that was my choice as I wanted to drive myself home and have a fairly high pain tolerance.
Next up were the numbing shots... Yes they hurt but seriously it's just for a second. Quick ouch and it's done. A few of those and we were ready to go. Process took about 30 - 40 mins and other than the sensation of light tugging and pulling you feel nothing. The noises kinda sound funny but they are so close to your ears that you can hear it all. If that bothers you headphones could fix that issue.
Before I knew it I was being cleaned up and sent out the door.
After driving home I propped myself up in my bed and to my surprise the pain set in! I would say at about a 7-8. It was dull aching and sharp all at the same time. Miserable! I was told to take Advil by my doc, no pain meds were prescribed. Problem was he told me to stay on a liquid diet for 48 hours. I drank chicken broth and finally took 800mg of ibuprofen and that did the trick!! Thank goodness!!
I am currently 28 hours post and zero pain. I'm assuming the pain was the numbing meds wearing off!

When I first looked in the mirror I looked like a distorted bunny!!
Today, I feel like I have a nice cuspids bow and a shorter lip.
I've hard enough cosmetic surgery to know healing takes time and it's way too early to panic or judge. I need to rest and heal and follow drs orders.

I will keep you updated. Thank you for reading and especially to all of the others that have posted here. Your posts helped me and hopefully mine can help too!!

Details

I forgot to add I'm 42 years old and had rhinoplasty and septoplasty 5 years ago. June 2009. After that my lip seemed so much longer. I loved my bump free nose, but hated my long lip! In pictures I looked toothless and had to manipulate my face to have teeth show. My approach to cosmetic surgery is more about being subtle and enhancing who you already are. I want my lip to be subtle but make my smile better. I've tried lip injections over the years which only made my lip look worse almost longer if that's possible. After all of my research I did not get the exact measurements of my lip and exact amount removed. I will get these on my follow up. I have known my dr for 15 years and he knew what I wanted. We marked and measured at my pre op and then again the day of surgery and I didn't write it down, however he did so I will update after my follow up tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

48 hours

Not much is new. Dr told me to stck toa soft/liquid diet. So that part is slightly bothersome, but weight loss is not a bad thing for me! Lol! Lips feel okay, stitches are irritating but they come out tomorrow 3 days. Seems quick but I'm not the dr. I will update once stitches are out and I can wear make up again! :)

Stitches out

Got the stitches out today. Very easy just the same funny sensation of being so close to your ears that you hear the snip of the scissors... No fun! Of course it's not without a little watery eyes, but hey it's what I wanted right?? Everything looks good and I got the clearance to wear makeup. I was reminded to cover with sunscreen and no makeup is best for healing. Follow up in 2 weeks! I measured at 20mm and 4.5mm removed. My smile still feels funny but so far so good! Like I said before it was surgery and healing takes time!

Still healing

Not much new! Still healing with awkward stiff lips. Seems worse in the morning. Lol ;) my scar is a bit raised on the right side.. Not sure why??? I will ask questions at my follow up.

Post op update!

Scar gets better each day. Still can't smile :) today I tried to rub my lips together after gloss was applied that didn't work out so well. Lips are just so stiff still and not really moveable.

Still healing! But happy so far!!

I'm 11 days post op! I've attached a pic with makeup and lipstick. Obviously I'm still healing, but I am good to go out and about and nobody really seems to notice. My lips still feel a bit stiff and weird. Honestly though a little better every single day. I'm very happy! So far so good!!! :)
Central Valley Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Dr. Great bedside manner love him!!

Thanks for sharing your story. When you smile and show your teeth can you see more teeth and gum or does it look the same? Are you happy with the appearance when you do a 'big smile'?
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. When you smile and show your teeth can you see a lot more teeth and gum or is it pretty much the same as before?
How is everything pretty lady ?
Sexy lips Congratulation sis
hi kmomk..... how are you feeling? i would love to hear an update!
I'm doing great! Very happy with this surgery! I posted an update but I'm 11 days post op and it gets better every day. Scar is virtually gone and easily covered by make-up! Loving it!!!
you look fantastic! wow! you're right....the scar is virtually gone!!!! it's good to know that you are out and about! in terms of people close to you that did not know abt the procedure....do they notice a difference and if so how are you responding to their questions?!?!? also....is it getting any easier to smile yet? again.....your lips look beautiful!!!!!!
It's definitely getting easier to smile. I seriously only told a few friends and so far no one else has said anything. If friends ask I will just tell them the short version that I had some skin removed under my nose. If it's not a close friend my response will be huh??? What are you talking about???? Lol!! I went to 2 parties this weekend and no one said anything. So we will see how this goes... Bottom line is it's my face... My choice. I'm very happy and that's all that matters right??? I know it will continue to get better with time... So it may turn out to be one of those things where people think something's different... Did she change her hair? Weight Loss??? Different make up??? Lol
How r u dear how is ur scar can u add some more photos ... Iam following ur story daily to see ur update .
My stitches were taken off after 11 days post surgery... so dont be suprosed that you cant smile after only6 days post :) stifness will gone around 6 weeks... after one month I start aplly gel for scar or manuka honey... your stiffnesd will be softner enough to smile around 2 or 3 weeks post... but you will still feel a stiffnes as funny feeling and after longer smilling sometimes a pain or get a little swollen... it is natural that body need a time to recovery and product new tissues .... that your skin look already "stick together" it doesnt mean is "done" under... now your body start producting more collagen to heal your wound... do you really think cut off some skin could be healled after one week? It is surgery not only visit at beauty saloon :) xx I was worry as well but I was more patient :) x
So far so good. I'm very patient. I've had many surgeries and this has healed so fast! Every day is better and better!
Wait :) I really had a same experiences :) x
Do u apply anything in ur scar ? I think laser is best thing for scars as i heard .
No nothing on my scar yet. My dr told me for right now nothing. He wants to wait until 2 week follow up the we will see. He said keep it clean and sunscreen if outside. I tried to smile in a pic tonight and looked sooooo weird. Lol! Healing takes time!
Dont worry I had a same weird look til 6weeks post surgery... stifness gone after 2months completely :) xx
Thank you oOjolaOo!! That makes me feel better! :)xoxo just have to heal and patience is the key!!
I can see a wonderful change in ur lips already ... But the scar not showing clearly in this pic ! Is it brown or red now ?
It's more of a brown color. I'm not a good #selfie taker so I'm struggling getting a good angle. I will try to post a more clear makeup free pic tomorrow. But yes, the change in my lips is awesome.. Still stiff to smile but I'm being patient. Today I was out and about and I could see people staring, so I went with a wild story about a trip to the jungle and scuba diving incident. Hahaha!!! Just kidding!
U know something i have same ur problem after rhinoplasty and i hate my face like something wrong and my lips sagging down .. I used to have baby face and after rhinoplasty i look older cuz my lips became longer Its 1,5 cm now and i might take off 5 ml !
Loving your daily updates! I agree that subtle changes can make a big difference and just enhance YOU without turning you into someone else. I think your lips look really good so far!
Thank you Angiemcc!! I'm just trying to improve me not be anyone else! We are all different and that's what makes life amazing! Hopefully this review will help Someone out there debating the same procedure! Real self has helped me on my research! :) I'm happy with my results and it's early in the healing process! I will keep ya Updated!!
Lulu25107- all of my research and I don't have those exact measurements. Dr measured and said them to his nurse to write in my chart. :( I have a follow up tomorrow so I will update for you. :)
But u want the truth ur lips amazing and more youthful now... Do u feel ur face more balance .. Best luck for u and waiting ur update sis
Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback! I can already tell a huge difference and I'm so excited!!!
Congratulation for u sis and may i ask u how much was ur space ? And how much u take off ?