42 Year Old Man, Chin Implant. Love it so far! - Fresno, CA

My procedure is at 11:45 today and I couldn't...

My procedure is at 11:45 today and I couldn't sleep last night. I hope I'm happy with my choice of doing this. I've wanted to do this since I was 14 years old and I'm finally getting it done. I will add photos of before and after soon. Thanks to all the people that have shared their stories on RealSelf.com. It's been very educational and my doctor was impressed with my knowledge of this procedure, much of which I learned on this sight. Wish me luck and I will update soon!

The Day After...

My surgery was yesterday and so far, I am very, very happy with my results! No more weak chin. The procedure took about 1 hour and 15 minutes from the time they started to numb my face the local anesthetic. Basically getting over 3 dozen shots on and around my chin. Not a fun experience! I should have taken a valium to relax me because it was a very intense 15 minutes. When they finished with the injections I got flush and dizzy and needed a few minutes before heading to the O.R. It was a bizarre feeling.
I choose to have local instead of being put under to keep the price down and recover quicker right after surgery. If you choose that option, ask the doctor for something like a valium to relax you and take the edge off! I wish I had. Although I felt no pain during the operation, I was aware of everything going on around me. I could feel the pressure as the doctor created the pocket for the implant. Especially when he was on the bone of my chin. I don't think I unclenched my body the entire time of the surgery, lol. I tried to relax as best I could but I was cursing myself for not getting the valium. Dr. Truong was very good at informing me when he was halfway done and was doing very well. He was very professional and did a great job.
When the surgery was over I was very numb from under my chin to the top of my lower lip. When the nurse handed me a mirror I was shocked, in a good way. I finally had a chin and I think it turned out great! I was very excited by the results. I will be posting photos when the swelling has gone down. Now my chin looks a lot larger than right after surgery because of that swelling, which I was told to expect.

I have taken Vicodin for pain every 4 hours but as of 4pm today I don't feel like it's necessary anymore. The only thing that bugs me now is the pen marks the doctor had to make prior to the surgery. They are still there! They've been really hard to clean off. I've used rubbing alcohol and even lemon juice but they've only faded a bit. I'll keep trying. It won't be an issue since I'm off work all next week but I hope they are gone by then.
If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Before and a few hours after surgery

Before and a few hours of surgery

8th Day Pics

A couple of before as requested

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congrats! I think you have a great result. I'm sure by now you're all healed and HAPPY!
Thank you Bella! Yes, I'm all healed and more than happy about the results!
WOOHOOOOO!! I love my chin too. Even after 18 years :) and i never had to replace it. Enjoy and have a HAPPY Monday!
If it's not too much to asked...you mind uploading current pics. I'm sure all the swelling has subsided by now. I am considering chin implant, but still kinda of afraid. How many shots did they give you before surgery? Did you feel any pain during the procedure? Thanks and hope you're doing well.
Wow, what a difference! Although your chin looks great, your eyes are gorgeous, congrats!
Wow, thank you very much!
Dude, you look great! What size did you to with? It was a great choice you look younger and more masculine.
Thanks! The doctor used an extra-large implant. I'm very happy with the results and since its been about 5 months since the procedure, I don't even think about it being there. It feels and looks natural. I'll need to put up some new pics soon. Thanks again.
Can you please post updated pics? I'd like to see the profile after most of the swelling passed. Thanks
How is the Chin treating you? Any updates? I think you got a great result, have you noticed any increase in attention?
Striking transformation. This was a phenomenal result.
Thank you!
Your results are amazing. Im saving up for this procedure. Your doctor did a fantastic job. Im only a 4 hour drive from Fresno...hmmmmm.
How has it been going since your surgery? Wondering if people noticed or commented back at work. Also wondering if your surgeon told you what size implant you got. Thanks for sharing!
It's been great! My chins feels almost completely normal. My speech is back to normal and no numbness and just a little bit of swelling. No one at work has said anything or looked at my trying to figure something out different about me. I think people in general just don't look that closely at each other. I don't tend to study people's faces and think that may be the case with many. As far as my implant, it was a large with wings. I forgot to ask him what brand but I will try to remember when I see him for my 1 month follow up.
Please let us know, brand, type and size cause they are all very different.
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. When it comes to size, & type there's a variety to choose? It looks like you have the famous dimple of your chin, did you get to choose that?
I've always had the chin dimple so it wasn't part of the implant. I thought an implant would have made it go away, but clearly that wasn't the case!
From what I have read, the chin dimple is in the soft tissue in front of the bone. The implant is placed behind the dimple and so it just gets pushed forward. In some instances, the stretching of the skin mellows out the dimple some but for the most part it is not affected. I also have a dimple and hope to keep it when I get an implant.
Hello, your surgery looks great, hope you will be happy with the final results. It looks like you did not swell too much on your first day of the operation. I had genioplasty done last year, 27th December,and I swelled up like a balloon. It's only been 1 month for me, but I am still swollen and partially numb. I am wondering how is your numbness and sensation? Is it returning, or are you still numb? And how is your talking, is it back to normal? Thanks
Hello, the swelling did get worse after the first day and peaked around the 3rd and started subsiding afterwards. It has been less than two weeks and the swelling has gone done a lot and there is no more numbness in my chin either. I had tightness in my chin also and that has gone away too. My speech is almost back to normal but a few words do come out a little strange still but seems to be getting better daily. I hope you start feeling better soon and the swelling goes away. I've read about people that recover very quickly and others who it takes more time than they had hoped. Hang in there and I hope you get the results you had hoped for!
I am thinking of gettting this procedure done, I was wondering if you experienced any facial hair loss at the incision under your chin and if so was it noticeable with shorter stubble?
Hi, I haven't experienced any hair loss at the incision. I've grown a beard and you can see no signs of a scar. I'm very pleased with the way it has healed. Good luck to you!
Any issues with shaving over the scare? (Thanks for sharing your experience.)
No issues where the scar is. It's just a little numb. I just have to shave a little more carefully since I have a chin now!