Mini Face Lift with Facia Plication - Fredericksburg, VA

I remember my mom for years saying she wanted a...

I remember my mom for years saying she wanted a face lift and thinking I would never do that. Of course, that was before I started looking older than I feel and now I total "get it". Just wish she was here to tell her.

I am having the mini on Wednesday and am feeling nervous and excited. I have told 3 people - a close friend who is driving me back and forth, another close friend and my daughter.

I started the Arnica (per doctor's instructions) and have filled all prescriptions. Got a neck pillow so I have some support while sitting and have saved season 2 and 3 of Downton Abbey so I have something to do LOL

So happy I had this done...

I am amazed at how wonderful I feel at 5 months out. The recovery was a little tough at first because I didn't really comprehend how much work was done and the length of time for recovery.

The doctor's before and after pictures still amaze me when I look at the difference. This is one of the best things I have done for myself and would do it all over again.
Fredericksburg Plastic Surgeon

I love this doctor... He did breast reconstruction surgery on my 16 years ago and is an excellent surgeon and super nice guy.

Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf!

I'll try and post photos soon - I have kept a journal of my recovery, but I need to find some "before" photos which show the jowls/sagging. I didn't take any clear "before" photos, which I should have done, so I'll have to try and find some that show how I looked before. I have the numbness, too, especially in front of my ears, but it doesn't bother me. I did feel a stitch, a couple of days ago, underneath the skin, that feels like it may pop through. I contacted my PS and he said it's nothing to be concerned about. If it does come through the skin (which it probably won't), he can remove it, or I can have someone clip it. I guess this is something that happens on occasion. I am so happy with my results - I hated how old I looked whenever I looked in the mirror. Now I find myself looking in the mirror and smiling at myself. I'm 53 and looked more like 65, now I think I could pass for 40 (at least that's what I tell myself, lol)! I've just been so much happier and am so glad I had this done and didn't put it off any longer.
Good for you, I feel so much the same as you. The numbness around my face is still pretty annoying especially when I try to put on makeup or cream but its worth it. I too had some stitches pop through behind my ears and had them removed the other day which was painless. I love my result and am looking for my befores and will take some afters soon too. I am 53 too and I feel like now I can move forward and look more like I feel. I will keep my a lookout for your photos !
I had mine done 2/15/13 so I am still recovering. No real problems except I had bad reactions to the pain meds and ended up not being able to take any so I was uncomfortable but not in pain. I too only had any real pain in my ears but I had a full on old school facelift because my neck was not responding well to the plan for a mid facelift. I am super happy so far, get my stitches out next Tuesday and cannot wait for some more swelling to go down so I can see the results which I will post with my before pics. I took Arnica on my own as my doc didn't recommend any supplements but I knew from experience it really really works, I have hardly any bruising either. Good luck and just keep looking forward to the result not the procedure !
Just had mine done on 2/11/13. So far, I'm extremely happy. Get the stitches out tomorrow. I was very scared, but am so happy that I had it done. I took the Arnica, as my doctor recommended, and I think they really helped. I bruise very easily, but had very little bruising with the procedure. The only pain that I've had is some ear pain. Good luck - you'll be fine.
Had mine on 2/15 so we are neck and neck, haha. I have some ear pain too but nothing too bad. I love Arnica and had taken it before just to get filler shots on occasion and found a huge difference in the bruising. My stitches come out next Tuesday and I am super excited to start a great skin care regime like Obagi nu derm to keep my new face smooth and spot free ! Good luck on your result
Glad to hear that you're doing well also. My ear pain has cleared up immensely. Went back to dr today and got stitches out -yay! He was pleased with how my face looked. I'm still swollen in places and numb, especially around my ears, but, so far I am so happy with the results. None of my friends/family have seen me (except my husband of course) and I'm anxious to see if they notice anything different. I haven't told them about the lift. I'm glad that you mentioned taking the Arnica before getting filler shots. I hadn't even thought of doing that, but am going take it before getting Botox as I always bruise. Keep me posted on your recovery
Just wanted to see how you're doing? I know that we had our surgeries within a few days of one another. My ear pain has cleared up and the scars in front of my ears are almost invisible. Still have a noticeable scar under chin (he had to make a rather large incision as he had to remove a lot of fat), but can easily cover it with make-up. I am very happy with results so far. Just wondering about you. Please keep me posted.
HI, I am doing great. My major thing is just the numbness around my face but its 4 weeks and I know it can take 6 months to go completely away. I love the results, I am not sure that my under eye area is the way I want it, I am kind of thin with small bones and my face hollowed out as I got older so I need some more fat in that area. I may go ahead and have some juvederm added but I will wait to see how it shakes out after a few more months. I am so glad you are pleased with your results. Can you post photos? I will too ! Stay well and enjoy your results. : )