MiXto Laser - Not Even my Finest Wrinkles or Scars Gone - Ellicott City, MD

The procedure itself was a bit painful, even with...

The procedure itself was a bit painful, even with the numbing gel and pain killer used beforehand. I didn't opt for the heaviest setting - I could barely handle the "normal" setting at the end of the treatment. The pain lasted only through the night, so towards the next morning I could barely feel the warmth or burning on my face. The peeling lasted 3-4 days and was very tolerable.. The only discomfort was the greasiness of the aquaphor I had to keep putting on. I used sunscreen (50 spf) religiously afterwards for the next few months after treatment and used an umbrella in the sun if I was to be out more than a couple of hours, I REALLY wanted the good results that some people seemed to have gotten. It's been three and a half months and I can honestly say that not even my finest forehead wrinkles have improved yet, it actually seems like I've gotten some new ones! My face is blotchier than before and breaks out a little more than before, my skin is not smooth and tends to dry out very much now. Maybe this will improve as my doctor told me results can start showing in 6-12 months...For now it seems like I have to keep waiting. Acne scars have not improved.

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you are not thrilled with the results...yet. I understand that it can take up to 6 months for new collagen to build and start plumping up the skin. Do you know what setting your laser was set at? Glad you healed well, you were within the normal range :)   Keep us posted, fingers crossed for you that you see improved results.

Hi, sorry but I cannot remember the setting.. I was shown (and researched) the correct normal, and, light settings and it was just a bit under the "normal". Thank you!

No worries :)

Typo

Just noticed - The doctor's name is spelled wrong in my doctor's info and is actually *Danielle* Dauria from Metamorphosis Plastic Surgery in Ellicott City, MD.

Hi, I accidentally put the doc's location as the wrong town. How do I update it?

Almost a year later

My face breaks out more than it ever did before and I am getting blotches of dark freckle-like spots all over my cheeks. Still regretting the fact I spent 1,900 to only worsen my face :(

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. I got Mixto in June of 2012 for minor imperfections that bothered me but it gave me MAJOR downsides like super oily skin, lousy texture, more wrinkles, brown spots and acne in places I never broke out before. It was a miserable time learning to accept the fact that I paid over $2K to worsen my skin. How are things now?
Dr. Danielle Dauria

The doctor and practice were amazing in professionalism and providing information and treatment.