MiXto Laser - Not Even my Finest Wrinkles or Scars Gone - Ellicott City, MD

The procedure itself was a bit painful, even with...

The procedure itself was a bit painful, even with the numbing gel and pain killer used beforehand. I didn't opt for the heaviest setting - I could barely handle the "normal" setting at the end of the treatment. The pain lasted only through the night, so towards the next morning I could barely feel the warmth or burning on my face. The peeling lasted 3-4 days and was very tolerable.. The only discomfort was the greasiness of the aquaphor I had to keep putting on. I used sunscreen (50 spf) religiously afterwards for the next few months after treatment and used an umbrella in the sun if I was to be out more than a couple of hours, I REALLY wanted the good results that some people seemed to have gotten. It's been three and a half months and I can honestly say that not even my finest forehead wrinkles have improved yet, it actually seems like I've gotten some new ones! My face is blotchier than before and breaks out a little more than before, my skin is not smooth and tends to dry out very much now. Maybe this will improve as my doctor told me results can start showing in 6-12 months...For now it seems like I have to keep waiting. Acne scars have not improved.

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you are not thrilled with the results...yet. I understand that it can take up to 6 months for new collagen to build and start plumping up the skin. Do you know what setting your laser was set at? Glad you healed well, you were within the normal range :)   Keep us posted, fingers crossed for you that you see improved results.

Hi, sorry but I cannot remember the setting.. I was shown (and researched) the correct normal, and, light settings and it was just a bit under the "normal". Thank you!

No worries :)

Typo

Just noticed - The doctor's name is spelled wrong in my doctor's info and is actually *Danielle* Dauria from Metamorphosis Plastic Surgery in Ellicott City, MD.

Almost a year later

My face breaks out more than it ever did before and I am getting blotches of dark freckle-like spots all over my cheeks. Still regretting the fact I spent 1,900 to only worsen my face :(
Yes, me too! I've been able to counteract the brown blotches by always using SPF on them and scrubbing my face with a good Alpha Hydroxy scrub ($72 on Amazon.......) before I go to bed. My skin has lightened dramatically with those
Hello, How old are you? I'm 58 and considering this treatment. I am sure my objectives from this treatment are very different then yours. I think you look great!
I'm 28, and I'm very regretful. I now have dark spots and sun spots that I never had before because of this treatment. My skin is incredibly dry and acne-prone now, compared to having been past that whole thing already before the treatment. I have a bit of a turkey neck now because it has loosened my skin.
Dr. Danielle Dauria

The doctor and practice were amazing in professionalism and providing information and treatment.