Fraxel Review for Acne Scars and Enlarged Pores

I just have to say that I am 17 years old, and...

I just have to say that I am 17 years old, and recently had fraxel re:store done on my cheeks for acne scars and enlarged pores. I wanted to fix my face because i am going on to college and for the past 2 years have concealed my scars with makeup. This would not be so bad, if it were not that I am a boy. I started having breakouts when I was 14 and suffered through 2 years of moderate cystic acne. I did not have really deep pitted scars that you can see from feet away, but my face has hundreds of small 'needle point' scars as well as 2 prominent ones. After 3 rounds of minocycline, brevoxyl, ziana, and finacea, my acne is finally under control.

As for fraxel, I went in to have it about a week ago. I was red for 5 days and crusted for 2. It has been 8 days since my treatment, and to be honest, at first I was skeptical of the results. My one big scar is still there, but O MY GOD MY PORES NO LONGER EXIST. I was told the results were continual and I am so excited because one of the scars on my left cheek is nearly invisible and most, if not all, of the needle point scars are gone.

I am going in for a second treatment in about 8 weeks, and I hope to gain the confidence I need to not wear any makeup.

I would definately recommend this treatment to anyone who wants to better themselves. I would only recommend this procedure to be done by a cosmetic doctor (not an aesthetician) because they know what they are doing. I will keep further postings and possibly upload some photos.

New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery

how long did the results last?
Can you tell me what spa center you went to and who did your treatments? Thank you.
I am an Aesthetician/Laser Tech. I have treated many clients with the Fraxel. (Restore) You may not believe this but the training a Doctor,Nurse receives on Fraxel is exactly the same training an Aesthetician receives. If you have an Aesthetician performing the treatment, ask how she was trained and if she is laser certified. I am in lots of training classes with doctors on cosmetic laser treatments. So saying don't have the Aesthetician do the treatment is really not fair. Doctors want you to think it is different receiving the treatment from them because they can charge more.

{edited}

Editor's Note: We've added your provider information to the review. Thank you!
Hello I live in Chicago and lookin for place to do Fraxel Laser. Could u tell me where is the place that u go? Thanks =)
May I ask who it was that gave you your treatment? I am going to the same place as you and would like to get the same person.
Please do upload some photos! I have the same situation(tiny pore scars everywhere) and would like to see the difference you speak of. Thanks!
O valencia, glad to hear you have had great results. which doctor did you go to in Chicago? -Kerouc