Fraxel Review for Acne Scars and Enlarged Pores

I just have to say that I am 17 years old, and...

I just have to say that I am 17 years old, and recently had fraxel re:store done on my cheeks for acne scars and enlarged pores. I wanted to fix my face because i am going on to college and for the past 2 years have concealed my scars with makeup. This would not be so bad, if it were not that I am a boy. I started having breakouts when I was 14 and suffered through 2 years of moderate cystic acne. I did not have really deep pitted scars that you can see from feet away, but my face has hundreds of small 'needle point' scars as well as 2 prominent ones. After 3 rounds of minocycline, brevoxyl, ziana, and finacea, my acne is finally under control.

As for fraxel, I went in to have it about a week ago. I was red for 5 days and crusted for 2. It has been 8 days since my treatment, and to be honest, at first I was skeptical of the results. My one big scar is still there, but O MY GOD MY PORES NO LONGER EXIST. I was told the results were continual and I am so excited because one of the scars on my left cheek is nearly invisible and most, if not all, of the needle point scars are gone.

I am going in for a second treatment in about 8 weeks, and I hope to gain the confidence I need to not wear any makeup.

I would definately recommend this treatment to anyone who wants to better themselves. I would only recommend this procedure to be done by a cosmetic doctor (not an aesthetician) because they know what they are doing. I will keep further postings and possibly upload some photos.

New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery