Fraxel Restore: So Far I've Had 4 of 6 Treatments for Acne Scars

I bought a package of 6 fraxel laser restore...

I bought a package of 6 fraxel laser restore treatments and had my first one last Tuesday.

It hurts a little in some places, but it's not as bad as some people are claiming it to be, maybe they had restore.  Make sure the freezing gel is applied an hour before they start the procedure!  I have acne scars and have tried dermabrasion (not micro-dermabrasion) in the past and was not pleased with the results.  I am here to help other people in my journey.  I will be honest about my results and will answer any questions you make have.

My first treatment was done at a level 15 because she didn't want to scare me with the pain.  A few minutes in to it she increased it to over 30 in my bad areas because she new I would be okay.  Driving home I was really hot and even turned on the air conditioning to cool down my face.  As stated in all the reviews it feels like a really bad sunburn, almost to the point of you questioning why you did this to yourself.  Don't worry it calms down.  I didn't have much swelling the next day so I went out and looked fine, but had to put makeup on to hide the redness.  It was the 3rd and 4th day that was hard for me because your skin flakes and you can't really put makeup on to cover it for it would look like a mess!  So far I'm happy and I do see a little improvement in some of my scars, which I did not expect on my first treatment.  The lady doing my laser is claiming that I will see 80% improvement, which I'm not holding her to, but she is adament!  The place I go to is one of the first to carry the new fraxel machine in Toronto, I've seen articles on it.

I know the feeling of wanting nice skin, so please don't be discouraged by the bad reviews on here.  Some of the reviews are very old and Fraxel has since been revised.  Some people are talking about discolouration, which I think is due to not enough sun screen being used.  This needs to be applied every 2 hours if you're in the direct sunlight...VERY IMPORTANT!

So good luck and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Glow Medi Spa

I'm going to wait on recommending my provider. Until I get another session done and see more concrete results.

Just FYI to anyone looking to having fraxel restore. I am one of the individuals posting horror stories on here about my fraxel restore treatment. I am 4 months out from 1 treatment by what real self calls a "top doctor" in my area. He did the treatment himself, I went to 2 doctors before chosing him and I follwed his aftercare instructions explicitly. I have had not hypo or hyperpigmentation or fat loss, but my pores are super enlarged and my skin texture is pitted with grooves and weird bumps and lines. It is only getting worse with time. I really wish I had weighed the risks and benefits more. If you have baddly scarred skin focus only on that area and don't let the doctor treat good skin. There is too much risk!
not had*
Hi, I had my 3rd fraxel re-store a week ago today. The redness has finally subsided, I thought that I was going to have a blister a mark under my eye from the laser because the settings were higher this time for my acne scars but with the use of the Obagi Clear and Neova for redness and a little Vit. E. oil, my skin looks great now! I'm thinking about purchasin an addition 2 treatments! Good luck and much success! I do have some scarring along my temples that are really deep, they are improving in appearance but my need some additional treatment post fraxel!
My son is 17 and suffers from acne . Dr. recomended fraxel , however i'm concerned about the bronzing later on as he's indian - brown color .is it safe for brown skin ? what abt sun damage as summer is approaching .
Hi Sweta, You should go see Dr. Diane Wong she is very good and honest. She has appeared on TV several times and is an expert at Fraxel. One of the before and after photos that they showed me the patient was Indian, and he looked good. It's actually on their website take a look. I believe you have to clear up the acne prior, but I could be wrong. It's a tough age to suffer from acne and to help him now would be imperative. There are solutions without a doubt, you just need to research and meet with a doctor who knows what they're talking about.
Hi, I'm very happy to hear your good results thus far. I just had my 3rd fraxel re-store treatment yesteday, settings were the highest they can go. A little more discomfort this time but not really painful. I am more swollen this time however; and will have to stay inside probably an extra day. I only paid for 4 treatments but may go for 1-2 additional treatments depending on what I look like after my 4th treatment. Good luck and keep me updated.
Thanks for sharing. Are you getting your treatments done in Toronto? How high did she go?
Dr. {mentioned at top of review, visible to registered users} is a very experienced Dermatologist. She was on Cosmetic Innovations talking about Fraxel and because of her knowledge I booked my appointment. If she does repair I would suggest her for sure! Like I said I will find out on my next appointment and let you know. I so want to help you have good skin because I know what it feels like.
I don't think the clinic I go to does Fraxel Repair, but you can give them a call; Dr. {mentioned at top of review, visible to registered users}. If I were you I would go to either a plastic surgeon or a top Dermatologist because of the severity of Repair. Make sure its the doctor doing the treatment and not an assistant! VERY IMPORTANT! My treatments are done by a very experienced technician, supervised by Dr., but repair is much different. Pay the extra money and go with a doctor who has a good track record and knows what they're doing. I had dermabrasion done years ago and the healing is the same as the fraxel repair. Very sore, no skin, then it crusts over; this is the healing process. You will feel like crap and regret what you've done a first, but it heals, don't worry. My dermabrasion didn't go so well because of the doctor I went with. Please don't be discouraged, I honestly believe that Fraxel repair will help with your scars you just need to find the right doctor, don't rush into anything, research, research, research! My next appointment is March 31st I will ask Dr. if she does it or knows anyone good. The reason why people on here complain is because of the person providing the service, they're not experienced enough. Even a top plastic surgeon may not know how to use the fraxel machine well, it's only new. Ask for references and testimonials. Most doctors charge a consultation fee and if you go with them they will apply it to your procedure costs. I'm glad that you are realistic about the procedure...no pain, no gain! I wish you all the best my friend and keep in touch!
Thank you for the follow up. I'm looking into repair. The dicomfort or even the post downtime, in terms of redness, etc. is of absolutely no concern to me. I know it's going to hurt, but simply hope the outcome will be worth it. What clinic are you currently going to?
I've only had one session and already noticed a improvement on some of my harsher scars because she went stronger. She told me that I would not see a change from the first session but I did. I will be going for my second March 31st. Are you doing repair or restore? Repair is stronger, but seems to be the one people complain about the most.
I purchased 6 treatments for over $4,000. I am very serious about clearing up my acne scars and have tried various different treatments that did not work. I know its expensive, but I believe its going to work. The place I went to has a special right now for 3 treatments, each costing $800 per session. I have severe scars on the left side of my face and mild on the right side.
I had one treatment with Fraxel restore and she went very deep. I think it helped some. It has just been 2 weeks since the first treatment. Please keep in touch so we can exchange notes
Honest about results - I had Fraxel Restore last month and am worried about all the horror stories Ive read about the long term effects. Have you had any problems at all since your first treatment?
I'm in Toronto and am currently looking into fraxel to treat extensive acne scarring. Where did you go to have your treatments completed? What severity of scarring are you noticing an improvement with? And would you be able to share a cost factor? Thanks and good luck with your follow up treaments.