Re:pair Thus Far Not Worth It (Three Months Have Passed)

I too have tried all of the Fraxels.  None of...

I too have tried all of the Fraxels.  None of offered much improvement.

Thus far, three months have passed since I have done the latest Fraxel -- Fraxel Re:Pair.  I have seen little to no improvement in acne scars, wrinkles and tightening.  I have been told that it can take three to six months to see improvement, but I really doubt it at this time.

I have been taken, but others should pay attention to this review and not waste their money too.  I'm still hoping for a Genie to hop out of the bottle, but there was no Genie here.

Famous NY laser surgeon. Professional and kind. Re:Pair nevertheless worthless.

Gina, Which doctor did you go to?
My fraxel was almost two years ago
"Fraxel first hit the press, I read that only one Re:Pair treatment is needed. Now, I read that patients might need up to three treatments to see improvement on acne scars. My doctor charges $2,500 for the second treatment of Re:Pair. That's a lot to add after wasting $5,000..." It seems the manuf. of the laser are really good at marketing this new tech....You really have to be informed with open boards such as this to balance the decision. Thanks for your comment...
I'm only 3 weeks after my fraxel re:pair. I see no difference, it hurt like hell and I'm pretty red. I see a little more smoothness on my chin, but smile lines are deeper than ever. Seemed to do nothing for my upper and lower eyes. I had 70% done, and you can still see the red "lines" outlined where the laser was done. So far, not happy. BUT, I was told 3 months. We will see!
I just purchased a Fraxel re:pair but since then have heard of several significant burns/scars in a small sample of patients. I'm afraid to use it but they won't take it back even though it's still in the crate. Has anyone else been burned like this, either way?
I was burned and haven't left my house it has continued to get worse like a radiation burn....Looked ok for a period and then big ulcer sores..I can send you pics...I think my doc was able to send his back....I am now searching for ways to repair the damage
The Fraxel Re:Pair was likely NOT done on a conservative setting as the doctor is a well-known, highly revered doctor in NYC who I assumes knows what he is doing and would have treated me with the appropriate settings. In addition, I did suffer about 5 days of down time so my assumption is that the setting was relatively high. The thing that disappoints me the most (even more than the money) is that this Fraxel (Re:Pair), over all the other Fraxels', was highly touted and made such huge promises. In addition, I feel that I was "taken" because suddenly the Fraxel Re:Pair claims are changing. For example, when Fraxel first hit the press, I read that only one Re:Pair treatment is needed. Now, I read that patients might need up to three treatments to see improvement on acne scars. My doctor charges $2,500 for the second treatment of Re:Pair. That's a lot to add after wasting $5,000, which is what I paid to do the Re:pair the first time around. Another thing that bugs me greatly is that the Fraxel Re:Pair representatives have claimed wrinkles are greatly improved; I still have all the wrinkles I started with before the treatment. My wrinkles were not THAT bad to begin with so I really thought I'd at least see improvement in that area. I plan to get Restylane in my wrinkles, if after the next month or so they still have not improved and I still do not see any collagen formation. I should have had Restylane or Juvaderm or Perlane and saved a lot of money. I'll keep everyone posted and let the readers on this board know if I notice any changes in the next two months or so, but until the final results are in, my suggestion is that buyer beware.
Which Dr in Ny City is it. I have been to Dr Geronemous
Gina, I too had the Re:Pair two months ago and see no improvement. I feel like the money spent and the pain endured was a total waste. I would advise other people thinking about this procedure to save their money for something else. Karen
Gina, I am so sorry to hear you have not seen the desired results from your Fraxel Re:Pair. It has been more than six months since my own Fraxel Re:Pair treatment, and while I was largely optimistic for the first couple of months, I have come to the conclusion that (for me, anyway), the procedure yielded very little LASTING improvement... especially for the financial investment involved. I believe I could have probably achieved the same caliber long-term results from a simple (and much-less expensive) medical-grade peel. Sad, sad, sad. Good luck to you, though, and do let us know if you experience further improvements. Warmest Regards... allie
interesting. Gina, what skin type do you have ? maybe you were treated with conservative settings to avoid complications such as hyper pigmentation. let us know please so we can help. regards sf