Fraxel Dual Restore- HUGE MISTAKE!!!

I went to the best doctor I could find. He is one...

I went to the best doctor I could find. He is one of the first to use and helped develop the Fraxel Dual. He perscribed me antibiotics so I did not break out in Acne. He gave me the Clinique Medical line to use before and after the procedure. I too researched the procedure online. I did not find any information regarding the risks. Unless you know to specifically look for this information, you are risking your face totally blind of the consequences. I had a Fraxel Dual Restore on March 1, 2010 and at first I was happy with my results. It did clear up my pigmentation issues and help with my old acne scars.

My overall textue was and still is improved. And I did not break out in acne or have complications immediately after the procedure like some. BUT, and this is a huge but, my face is now sagging. My skin tone is totally destroyed. I traded one problem (pigmentation/scars)for another (saggy/loose skin). I aged 5 years overnight. I stated to see the "weirdness" about 3 months after the procedure- jowls which I never had before, loss of fat around my eyes, sagging cheeks. I caught my reflection in my rearview mirror one day and realized I look COMPLETELY different. I look much older.

My cheeks have sagged down about 1/4 of an inch causing the entirety of my face to sag. I have nasolabial folds which I never had before. I have since spent a bundle on Juvederm (eyes, nasolabial folds, and jowls) to try and correct the damage. It has helped some, but I still look much older. It has caused me a great deal of anxiety and depression.

The bottom line is this procedure is a HUGE risk. Really look in the mirror again and assess if the issues you are trying to resolve are worth risking the tone of your skin. I am only 28 years old. I have more or less accepted how I look now, but I am really afraid of how my skin will fair in the future. If I look in a mirror, put my thumbs on my temples and pull up 1/2 an inch I can see my old face. But I will never get that face back. I would NEVER have gotten this procedure if I knew facial sagging (not to mention the many other horrific effects others on this site have experienced)was a possible outcome.

I fault the FDA for not looking out for our health and livelyhood like they are supposed. I fault every executive of Solta and I think they should be forced to have a full series of Fraxel treatments. I fault my doctor for not making me aware of the risks. In researching this procedure after seeing my own negative results I realize every doctor out there must be away of Awalk and others who have suffered so unnecessarily. This procedure without a doubt has catastrophic consequences. Do no do it. You will regret it.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

He did not explain any of the risks to me. He did not follow up post procedure to see how I was doing. He damaged my face beyond repair and I will have to live with if forever.

Hi everyone. I'll share with you my experience of recovering from huge post-fraxel damage, that I got three years ago. I thought it was the end of my life. I was 30 by that time and aged 10 years within 4 months. Trying to remove minor post acne scars, I got hyper pigmentation, redness, saggy skin, loss of fat around my eyes and on the right cheek. My life turned into nightmare. I underwent most expensive treatments and visited most famous docs, who did not give any hope, until I found one dermatologist, who turned out to be a real genius. She prescribed me a year course of roaccutane combined with vitamin therapy. And then a year later a course of biorevitalisation. Now I have such a dramatic change to my look, that most of my friends think that I've undergone plastic surgery. Roaccutane is usually prescribed for acne treatment, but it has also powerful capacity of restructuring inner skin tissues that give permanent skin lift. DO NOT BELIEVE to those who say that roaccutane is dangerous and harmful. I passed one year course and stay healthy and beautiful. They spread this fake information, because iroaccutane is cheap and helps to solve so many skin problems, that if people start taking it, most beauty clinics will go bankrupt. BUT YOU SHOULD TAKE ROACCUTANE ONLY UNDER DOCTOR'S CONTROL!!!!! Regarding hyper pigmentation, I had two 15% TSA pilings 4 months prior to roaccutane treatment (you can take after the treatment). And Spongilla lacustris L masks during the treatment. If you need more detailed description please write to my email vsedova@yahoo.com. I will be happy to share with you my experience. I know what nightmare you are passing through. PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO DESPAIR, as I did one day. This problem is solvable.
Hi everyone, I have damage too. Trying to understand if i was actually treated with the same laser or did my doc have bogus machine he used on me, or was the treatment too strong? Can you please tell me 1. how much did it hurt 2. What were the settings 3. Did you experience extreme swelling
Seriously, what are you doing about the loose skin and larger looking pores?
My doctor lied to me also, nothing could go wrong, but now I my face is ruined and my life. I was told in 7 days my face would look the same and just get better within the next 3 months. Little down time, nothing could go wrong they don't even puncture the skin, less invasive then a peel. All lies, there just after our money, it's all greed.
I had Frexel Dual last July and had the same results! My once beautiful skin is now blotchy brown and sagging! It just so happens I was a model for the procedure and had it done for free. Later I found out that whenever I went into the sun or for a ride in the car I would have to be wearing sunscreen. I live in HI now and don't even want to go outside. I really would like to know what kind of regime you are using to recover from this?

I have also had fraxel dual and have had the Sam exact results. I was helping a friend open a medical spa and she needed someone to model for a treatment... unfortunately I had no giving no thought about r

I just asked a world reknown dermatologist about the all these many complaints and he said oh yeah there are crazy stories of people who manipulate pictures. WOW how greedy and mean people can be? I think Dermatologists sometimes forget that above all they are doctors, they took an Hippocratic Oath and they should always keep the patient first before their big pockets.... wow unbelievable the things they prescribe and do to enrich themselves....
IT seems like Fraxel Repair is the dangerous one. Did the Dual restore trigger the sagginess?
How is your skin now after 1 year?

Can you post some pictures?

Thank you!
who was your doctor?
FraxelSCAM,

How are you doing now that it's been 8 months later?
I had the Fraxel Dual about a week ago and look great. I had mild melasma on upper lip and a small patch around the eye. It's gone and smooth and I love my result. I only treated specific areas and not the full face but I'm shocked to hear it was painful. My treatment wasn't at all. I had numbing cream on for about an hour and the nurse blew cold air on me the same time the laser was working. I went to Dr. Fitzpatrick in La Jolla, and I'm told he is the best. I definitely wouldn't trust a nurse to do it. Hope this helps.
that is shocking . because that is EXACTLY WHAT happened to me!!( only on the left half of my face), thats why this year i did another treatment on very agressive settings.
You had a negative outcome and got another more "aggressive" one done? Am I reading that correctly? How are you now?
Have you seen improvement?
Thank you for your post. I was very set on having this procedure done, in fact I almost did it last week, but I was going out of town so decided it would not be a good idea and would do it when I got back. A good friend of mine had it done about 3 days ago & I spoke with her the day of, but haven't been able to get a hold of her since. She said it was so painful that she could not stop crying & would let me know after she was finished healing if it is worth it or not, but I am impatient. She is beautiful & I saw absolutely nothing wrong with her skin she has great skin! So after reading all of these reviews I fear for what may happen.. Thanks to you and a few other comments regarding more wrinkles and sagging skin I think I may choose another way to go about fixing the small imperfections I have. Thanks again! I hope you are able to find a resolution.
I have not been back to my Fraxel doctor yet. I have been waiting until I feel calm enough to face what will surely be a confrontational situation. I have started seeing a new dermatologist who is wonderful and has helped me correct some of the damage. I will keep you posted.
I am also trying to find someone to help correct damage; from Fraxel Repair. I have had several plastic surgeons acknowledge there is tremendous damage done by Fraxel and that some of the "best" are getting bad outcomes, but they don't want to get involved. Do you mind sharing this derm that has helped you? Or can you message me privately? So glad to hear you are getting support and are now in good hands. If you go back to the original doctor, take a man with you (husband, father, brother). I had to start doing that and it changed everything. You will get more respect, feel safer, and you will want the support because it will feel overwhelming. Good Luck!
Thak you for posting this information. This is exactly what happened to me after Fraxel repair done a year ago. Now I live in nightmare. Can you please send me your email to nickyy_s@yahoo.com
so that we could share our further experience. Thank you in advance. Nicky
FaxelSCAM,

Can you share what your new doctor is doing to help correct some of the damage? I'm looking to correct my damage as well.

I'm so sorry to hear your story. Could you also refer your dermatologist?

thank you for sharing what sounds to be a very difficult experience for you.

when you returned to the doctor (assuming you did), what was the response to your concern about facial skin sagging?