Fraxel Dual for Seattle Man

Fraxel across entire lower face

I had Fraxel done on my entire face, although, I originally only saw the need on my cheeks. As a 40+ year old man, I'm starting to see the effects of sun tanning in my teens and burns when I was a kid. The process started by the technician applying goop that is meant to reduce pain. Turns out that I'm sensitive to the numbing cream and I got very red even before the laser session.

My derm ended up doing the actual procedure. She started with my forehead, running the applicator over my skin (kinda like a vacuum cleaner extension). The first thing I noticed was that it burned more than expected. Once she hit areas that had hair folicles, I went into a "oh my god" that hurts mode. When I got zapped on the upper lip, I began to involuntarily cry. Afterwards my face felt like it was torn off. 3 advils helped reduce the pain to a tolerable hot burn.

For about a week afterwards everyone asked me if I had gone on vacation (my face looked tanned). Then it peeled off in about a 2 day process that wasn't so obvious or embarrassing. For about 6 months I thought I could see improvements. Now its about 11 months post-procedure and honestly, I really can't tell any difference. I'm told that I need to get more than 1 procedure to get the results, but at the cost and pain I'm simply not interested in that route. I'll probably go with a chemical peel for my next shot at improving skin tone.

I'm actually thinking about doing fraxel again.....

I'm actually thinking about doing fraxel again...call me crazy, but I've heard several times that it takes often 2 to 3 times to get final results.
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Reichel is great. Totally down to earth. I didn't like Fraxel so much, but I trust her medical expertise and opinion.