Fraxel Created Problems Where There Weren't Any

Some pros - smaller pores, rolling scars appear...

Some pros - smaller pores, rolling scars appear less deep (but in no means are gone).

Please do not believe that this laser is risk free! I had my last one (out of 5) done over six months ago still desperately trying to help cystic acne scars on chin. Dr used a deep setting for those and a lesser setting for the rest of my face to eliminate some traces of hyperpigmentation (melasma). Now, I have a reddish brown mask that is not fading. What's worse is it's not even uniform. Along with the mask are white, blotchy patches. Below my eyes there is now a not-so uniform depressed, u shaped brown line where he started the laser with each pass.

Bottom line -- Fraxel II completely ruined the pigment of my face and now I'm forever doomed to wear heavy concealer from the moment I wake up in the morning to when I go to bed...ALWAYS. The subtle improvement in acne scarring was absolutely not worth a permanent mask. Nothing is.

Today on the Doctor show a reporter by the name of MELANIE WOODROW was on telling two womens story of damage from lasers She is on facebook. Please write on her site and tell her briefly your story. My damage was from a doctor not a medspa so she needs to know all the truth
I had fraxel on nose and under eye area.I regret having fraxel because a year later the lasered area under and beside eyes has pigmented and looks terrible. I dont recommend it and wish i had never done it. I have olive skin and would love to know if there is any way to restore my skin safely.
I had fraxel done and loved it, but I had a blood clot that went to my heart. I hope fraxel wasn't the cause. I am only 46.
I'm happy to report that my swelling has finally gone down!! I am peeling somewhat now, but hopefully that will stop within the next week or so. Otherwise I'm still not sure about my results; I'll give it a few weeks to see if it'll be worth all the stress I went through. At this point I wouldn't recommend the procedure to anyone else.
Hi Nancy, Glad to here you're finally doing better! :) When you're more sure of your results, would you please consider writing a review to help other readers make a decision? Thanks! --Sharon
I have a terrible case of melasma and I have scheduled a consultation for Fraxel treatment. Has anyone been treated successfully with Melasma.
I had minimal swelling, usually just a little the first morning...my biggest concern has been the redness (which for the last treatment, never went away). Doctor did advise me to sleep sitting up, though, and I applied ice packs diligently for the first couple of days.
I had my first Fraxel treatment two days ago, and I am still very swollen. I was told that there would me minimal swelling and down time, but as of this point and the way I look I won't be going to church tomorrow and am not sure I will be able to go to work the day after. Is this normal? I can't help but feel a little nervous since I was told it was going to be such an easy thing to go through.
I have had Fraxel treatments (3) for acne scarring, I am in my early 20's. The service was amazing every time and my results only got better with each treatment. I was convinced after seeing one of the owners having it done and their skin is now so smooth! If your looking for reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, pigmentation and firmness...then fraxel may be for you. You just need to find the right practitioner to service you based on your individual needs.
Wow, doing your eyelids sounds painful is the first thing that came to mind. I assume your hope is to eliminate fine lines? If so, it is said to help plump up the cells and help minimize them. It's just funny what happens when you come out looking worse from one of these procedures and think, "that was not worth it". I would say it's not worth the risk now that I've been burned by Fraxel. But if you decide to proceed, my advice is to go to absolute BEST plastic surgeon you can find with hundreds or better, thousands of procedures under his/her belt. If they're still doing the procedure chances are they have learned all the pros/cons along the way and won't be experimenting on YOUR faceā€¦ Good luck!
I am have the Fraxil Repair Laser next week. Only doing My eyes, Eyelids and fore head. I am 53 yrs young but starting to show my age around my eyes. I have pretty good skin and do glycolic peels frequently. I'm a bit nervous doing this procedure after reading all these comments. Do you have any advise you can offer me. Very much appreciated.