Smartlipo of the Flanks & Thighs - Franklin Lakes, NJ

All my friends think I'm crazy for doing this but...

All my friends think I'm crazy for doing this but I've wanted it for so long. I actually saw a groupon for the smartlipo & I just had to do it. It only covered one area but all I really wanted done was my love handles until I got to the doctors office & started talking about maybe getting a fat transfer to my breast.

I didn't have enough fat in my waist but he said my thighs would be perfect for it. Before I left the office I had decided against it but within a week I wanted the lipo done on my thighs without the fat transfer so I called up & for another $3500 I'm getting my inner & outer thighs done too.

My compression garment came in the mail today & I was super excited to try it on. The woman I had spoke to in the doctors office told me I should get whatever size I am now because there would be swelling right after I had it done but I put it on & I feel like it should be tighter. I almost want to exchange it for something smaller but I want to make sure I'll be able to get it on after surgery. I'll probably try it on again tonight & see how I feel.

I decided not to try & exchange my compression...

I decided not to try & exchange my compression garment but also to stop trying it on so I didn't stretch it out. I have two weeks until my surgery & now Im starting to become impatient & just want it done already.

It is now the morning of my procedure & I'm a...

It is now the morning of my procedure & I'm a little nervous but super excited. I'm going to go to the gym now because I'm not going to get to go for the next 2 weeks & then I have to shower & get ready to go get this done... Yay Lipo!!!!!

Just got home from my surgery & I'm just a little...

Just got home from my surgery & I'm just a little sore & very swollen. I just had local anesthesia so I'm not really that out of it but they gave me some stuff before the surgery & I'm a little woosey & nauseous. I ate a muffin & took some Tylenol & I'm just gonna lay down & try & sleep. Once I take my shower tomorrow I'll post some pics

So its 3 in the morning & I've been up for about 2...

So its 3 in the morning & I've been up for about 2 hours. I'm not really in that much pain but its enough to keep me awake but I also passed out by like 7:30 last night. The only thing I have for pain is extra strength Tylenol because the doctor didn't think I'd need much more. If it gets too bad later I can call him & he'll get me something stronger but I think this should be fine. I've already leaked through my dressings & the back of my compression garment looks like is covered in blood but I'm going to have to wait until someone else wakes up & can help me with it. I think I can get it on & off by myself but I don't want to risk hurting myself. He gave me what looks like a wee wee pad to sleep on & I'm so glad he did or my bed would be ruined. I'm not sure if I'll need more but I'm going to go to the store & pick some up just in case.

I had the surgery Saturday afternoon & now its...

I had the surgery Saturday afternoon & now its Monday morning & I'm up & getting ready for work. There is still a little discomfort but not really enough to stay home from work.

So it's been 2 weeks now & I'm still a little...

So it's been 2 weeks now & I'm still a little bruised & swollen but no pain. I've had to wear the compression garment 24/7 until today & now for the next week I only have to wear it at night but I kind of feel naked without it. I've been trying to do cardio but with the compression garment on after about 15 minutes I get too hot & have to stop so at least now I'll be able to work out without it. They said no strenuous exercise for 2 weeks but I'm still going to take it easy for about another week & just stick to cardio for now
Dr. Paul Fondacaro

The doctor is fantastic & made me feel incredibly comfortable as did his staff.

Hi Jessie! I'm going to Dr. Fondacaro in 8 days for upper and lower abs. How was your surgical experience. Anything you can tell a nervous newbie?
My surgury went so smoothly & now I'm debating getting more. Dr. Fondacaro is great & makes you feel very comfortable. I was nervous & excited when I went for my surgery but they give you a little something to relax & the procedure is pretty painless. Good luck & definitely post before & after pics.

Hey, so how are you doing now it's been a few more weeks? Are you seeing your results come through?

I'm loving how the love handles came out so far & my thighs are starting to take shape. I cant wait for all the swelling to go down

Awesome! Once your swelling goes down it would be great to see an update photo, if you didn't mind!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I wish I'd gotten your comment last week because I already ordered a smaller one. I wasn't going to but now that the swelling is going down & it probably got stretched when I was swollen its too big

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for your detailed review!

Are you seeing nay results yet, or will it be a few months before those come through?

Would love to see some photos, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.

I've taken before photos & then a few after but I'm still pretty swollen so you can't see much of a difference

I can definitely see a difference at your 2 weeks post-op photo. There's more of a defined shape to your waist. Hopefully with more time your results will get even better!

I think a lot of the difference is from the panties but I have to look at it everyday so I probably just cant tell but thanks I hope it just gets better with time. I'll post another pic at 4 weeks & maybe that one will be a major difference.

The panties may be helping the difference a little, as they are wider and can hold more in, but I do see slight changes.

I'll keep an eye out for you updates and how you're progressing!