Had a Consultation and I Am Proceeding with the Surgery in August! - Frankfurt Am Main, DE

I had read such amazing reviews about Dr. Knoll,...

I had read such amazing reviews about Dr. Knoll, so I finally decided to go ahead and have a consultation. The reviews from others have been absolutely true!. Dr. Knoll is so wonderful. She gave me so much information and was so kind. I felt very comfortable and she was very understanding to what my wants/needs were. When it came time for scheduling her staff worked with me to work out a surgery and pre-op date that would be soon, but also work for both of schedules. I am looking forward to my surgery, and I am 100% confident that Dr. Knoll will help me achieve the results I want and make sure I'm healing great.
My pre-op is on the 15th. I'm starting to drink more water and keep an eye on my sodium intake. I want to do whatever I can now to help with the swelling later. I've heard so many different stories of swelling and how long it lasted that I'm not sure what to expect. I will post "before pictures" this week,and I'm going to take my measurements so I can keep track of changes down the road :)

Good luck with your procedure, I hope everything goes well and you have a smooth recovery! Which areas are you have Lipo carried out on?

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Thank you:) I'm going to have I/O thighs and love handles done.

My Pre-op is the 15th!

Hi I just read your story. I am having lipo four days after you so I am hoping I can look at your profile to kind of get an insight of how your procedure and recovery goes. I'm so excited and nervous. I too will post before and after pics. Bit daunting posting the before pics though!
Very excited for you! Cant wait to see before and after pictures. Dr. Knoll will be doing my tummy tuck and lipo! I am so excited!! Mine is not for a few months but I am so excited. Hope things go smooth for you!!

Thanks for keeping us updated and good luck with your pre-op! It won't be long now!

I have added this entry to your review for you, so that you can keep all of your updates in one place.

You might want to check out the Liposuction Guides page. There may be some info in there to help you prepare for your procedure.

Before pics

As promised here are my before pics. No matter what size I am, my love handles and the shape of my thighs have always been the same. So I am excited to finally get everything evened out and smaller! I'm 10 days out from my procedure, and I feel like the days are gong by so slow lol.
Also, I think I forgot to mention before that I have three children! My body definitely changed after having children. My body started holding weight unevenly, especially in my love handles. Even when I was a size 1, my left side was noticeably bigger than my right. My thighs have always held the majority of my weight. That's genetics. I want to keep a curvy figure, but just more proportioned.
What foods are you trying to avoid? How old are your kids? I have a two year old and I'm a single mum so that's pretty much the thing I'm stressing out about is caring for her afterwards.
I am mostly focusing on less sodium. I eat pretty healthy anyways, so it's just minor changes. My children are 9, 7, and 5. My husband is in the military so he will be around in the evenings, but luckily my youngest will be starting school this month also, so I will be able to relax in a quiet house during the day! One of my concerns is that my procedure is on the 22nd, and I'll be driving the kids to and from school starting the following Monday, which is the 26th. Hopefully I'll be fine.
Good luck and best wishes

T-minus 2 days and nerves are kicking in!!!

I'm borderline freaking out at this point lol. My surgery is two days away. I head out to Frankfurt tomorrow evening and then have my procedure at 7:30 Thursday morning!! I am very excited, but now my nerves are starting to take over my excitement. I had my pre-op on the 15th and we won't over everything again and did blood work. My biggest concern is how long the swelling will "hide" the true results. I've read a lot of stories where people were unhappy with how they looked, and not knowing if it was swelling or not. Dr. Knoll told me the swelling should mostly be gone by the 4th week with the exception of some residual swelling that should be gone by the 3rd month. But I guess I'll find out soon enough!!
Tomorrow I am going to take my measurements and post them, so that I can keep track of changes. I'll probably take a few more pics tomorrow also, since it will be the last day EVER looking like this! lol
I am ready to go!!
I am so nervous and excited for you! Mine is on the 26th so wont be far behind you. Please let me know how you go and everything you experience. Good luck!

good luck :D i'm excited for youuu :D

My measurements before

My measurements as of today are:
Love handles(measured around where L/H are)- 33in
Hips-40in
Right Thigh-24in
Left thigh-24 in
I wasn't planning on tracking my weight until I get back on a good eating/exercise plan, but I figured why not?!
So my weight the day before surgery is 140lbs.

Recovering

I had my liposuction this morning. I was so nervous, when I went in I thought I was going to have a panic attack. When I. Nervous sometimes I get the giggles lol, and that's what happened. I was very giggley! After I undressed and Dr. Knoll marked me and talked about exactly what she was going to be doing, I then went into the operating room. There was a total of 4 people in the room, so I didn't even know where to focus. Two of the nurses were getting me situated on the table, and apparently putting in my I.V. I was talking to Dr. knoll about Hawaii and all of the sudden the anesthesiologist told me to take a few deep breathes in the mask. From the corner of my eye I saw one of the nurses inject two large syringes into my I.V. That's when I realized I actually had an I.V!! Lol they're slick. At my 3rd deep breath is started feeling weird, and then I woke up in recovery.
I told Dr. Knoll, " That was quick." And she said, " We'll because you we're sleeping." Lol
My bottom, like right under my butt was sore for some reason, but other than that I felt good. Just groggy. I drank a glass of water and went to the restroom twice. Walking around hasn't been that bad. I'm just slow,and it takes me awhile to get in and out of the hotel bed. Going to the bathroom hasn't been to difficult yet,either. Again, I'm just slow.
I saw a little bit of bruising above my love handles. It's on both sides.
The leakage is exactly how Dr. Knoll described. It soaked through my sweat pants on the bottom right side. I didn't realize it or feel it so it ended up getting on the hotel sheets :(. I had two folded towels down, but when I creeped off the bed to use the rest room I ended up sliding on the sheets lol. Yes I was creeping off the bed.
I only took one pain pill and it was suffice. I'm hoping I won't really need to use them. I'm pretty sure to or row will be more in comfortable than today.
Also, I made a typo in my last update. My pre surgery weight was 144 lbs.
Thank you so much, everything went well. I really look forward to hearing about your experience. Your surgery date is going to come and go before you know it :)
Thank you! I really appreciate it. I can't believe my surgery is over, and now I'm in the healing process!

I forgot to add...

How much was taken out!
She took out, 500cc from each love handle...350cc from each of the outer thigh... And 450cc from each of the inner thigh.
Also, I don't think I ever mentioned before that I was getting tumescent liposuction.
You looked great before I can't wait to see your after pics :)... Keep us posted
Thank you so much :) I'll def be posting pics and keeping up with updates
You look great before. How do you like the outcome of your inner thighs and could you post pics of your post op

Post op appt

Everything looks good. I didn't have a lot of drainage like I thought I would. Just that one spot I got I. The sheet, which came out believe it or not lol. My advice is to be prepared and have extra towels, just in case. As far as pain, I haven't needed any pain meds today. I am stiff and a little sore feeling, but it's really not that bad. It's completely tolerable. My Dr said the 2nd day is usually worse and then in a few days when the scar tissue makes it feel like your skin is stretching. So I'll see how those days go, but today I'm fine. I'm definitely swollen and the bruising isn't that bad at all. I'll take a picture of that when I get home and take a shower. My love handles are gone!!! My saddlebags are gone and my inner thighs are a lot smaller. Most of the swelling is in my inner thighs, but I can already see a huge difference.
You look great. I had lipo on my flanks, thighs, and abdomen. My doc took out 2700 cc's fat total. I had absolutely no bruising on my stomach, but my thighs looked like they were used as punching bags. I almost asked the doc if he forgot to do my stomach! Anyway, you look absolutely fantastic now and I know you will be thrilled with your final results.
I kinda figured you was military, so am I . We are stationed at volkel and was also stationed at spangdahlem. Where are you ladies stationed?
I'm in Kaiserslautern. We've been here for 2 1/2 years, so now was the perfect time to get my procedure done. I'll be completely healed by the time I get back to the states!

Just a quick update today

Today was pretty uneventful. I slept basically all day. I was just so tired. Last night I felt really stiff and sore. Getting in and out of bed or off the couch was a slow process. But I felt a lot better this morning. I had my husband wash my garment while I took a shower. I got really light headed in the shower though and had to go lay down. I didn't like being out of the garment at all!! I was so happy when it came out of the dryer and I was able to put it back on.
I'm a lot more swollen today, which I expected, but I don't have a lot of bruising. My skin is really sensitive. The worst part so far for me was having to change my band-aids today lol. I'm such a wuss. I don't have any drainage, so the previous band-aids were dry except for a couple of them. It didn't hurt, but I was still freaking out lol.
That's really about it. I also hopped on the scale yesterday and today, just out of curiosity. Pre-op was 144lbs, yesterday was 146.5lbs, and today was 145lbs. So, I don't think my swelling is too severe. SO hopefully it doesn't take too long for it to clear up!
Hey just checking in to see how your going?!
I am 2 weeks out from my lipo, can't wait but am nervous-so glad to read your review I am having the tummy, love handles and back done-will update in 2 wks
The time is going to come so quickly! I look forward to seeing your results. For me the love handles were the biggest immediate difference. Even with the swelling they are gone! It's nice to know I won't have to worry about an uneven muffin top ever again! I was extremely nervous. Almost to the point of having a panic attack, but it really hasn't been bad at all! So don't worry :) It'll be worth it

Post op days 4-8

I can't believe it's been 8 days since my surgery! 5 more weeks until I can get out of this compression garment!! The only thing about the compression garment that bothers me is that there is swelling above my knees and the garment is pretty tight around that area. It's really annoying, and when I'm walking or I sit, the material around my knees rolls/rides up a little and I keep having to pull it back down. Also it looks bad lol. I kind of want to cut the side of the material by my knee to make a little room!
I haven't needed the pain pills really. The pain isn't bad at all. On day 4 post op, my children started school, so since Monday I've been taking them to and from school and getting back into my normal routine; cooking, cleaning, driving, going to the store, etc. I try to keep my trips to the store quick, but since then I've gotten even more swollen. Everyday the swelling has gotten a little worse. I fee like I need a day or two to just relax again and keep my feet up, but I honestly haven't had the time :( My pre-op pants don't fit, so I've just been wearing sweat pants or maxi dresses. I can tell that it's swelling, so I'm not worried about my results down the road. It's all about being patient right now. In the pics that I will post you can see the increase of the swelling over the last few days. But even with the increase of swelling, I measured my thighs last night and hopped on the scale. My weight has gone from 144 pre-op, and 146.5 post op, to 142lbs as over today. My thighs were 24 in pre-op, and last night they were measuring 23! I was in shock. Even though I feel like a water balloon and my pants won't fit, my thighs are clearly smaller! I can't wait to see what size they are when all the swelling has subsided!
The bruises that were on my ribs are basically gone, but the bruises on my legs are so black and big that my husband and oldest child got scared lol. They said it looks painful, but it doesn't bother me at all. My entire inner thigh is bruised, it's just more noticeable in certain areas and of course there's some bruising on my outer thighs, and on the back of my thighs.
I'm stil kind of slow getting in and out of the car and out of bed, but it's not painful. I'm not sore anymore. If I have a long day, I will take tylenol and that's it.
The only thing that has bothered me since the surgery, is that I have had an extremely hard time sleeping. It takes me forever to fall asleep and then I wake up every 2 hours once I finally fall asleep. It's so frustrating. The other night I only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep and then I had to be up all day :( This is the only thing that's irritating me. I need my sleep!!
Other than that, everything seems to be looking good. Hopefully the swelling starts going down this week. I feel like I'm a little bit more swollen today than I was yesterday.
I'm about to give you and overload of pics lol so bear with me.
Wow your bruises and swelling have definatly gotten worse. I think that's going to happen to me too. And I can really relate to the whole knee thing as well. I hate how that area is so swollen bruised and puffs out of the bottom of the garment. I'm constantly pulling mine down too. But to make it worse its like that on my arms where my garment stops. And it's so itchy. Have you started any massage yet? I'm still wearing my pjs everyday so haven't seen if any clothes fit me. I got two weeks off work and not planning on leaving the house other than to go to see surgeon. That sucks about the sleeping. I hope you get that sorted. Can you sleep on your sides yet? Man I'm starting to get really itchy everywhere too!
I'm itchy too. It feels like its under my skin so it's weird feeling. I tried to sleep on my stomach but that was a no go! Lol I ended up waking up a few hours later stiff and sore, so I rolled back over onto my back. I think it's good you took two weeks off. I'm not in pain, but with the swelling, I can't imagine working right now! I'm going to start massaging tomorrow. I'm nervous because I know it's going to be uncomfortable, but I know I need to do it. I don't know if my bruising getting worse is normal?? I have my 2 week post op on next Friday, so hopefully I look better by then.
I'm doing pretty well :) Thank you. My swelling has definitely increased, so I'm just trying to be patient, especially since it's only been a week. But I hate not fitting into any of my clothes! :( I just posted an update and some pics over the past 4 days. My bruises have gotten a lot darker. I don't know if that means they are healing??

Post-op days 9-13

Nothing much has really changed. I still get itchy and some tickling, it's quite annoying, but it's tolerable. My swelling is definitely going down, but I have some hard spots mostly on my inner thighs and my right "what used to be" lovehandle is basically a lump. I started massaging which I believe is really helping out. I hope it doesn't take too long for these lumps and hard spots to soften up and go away.
I'm still pretty tender, but it's definitely getting better everyday. My bruises are fading and not as dark, but they had spread and gotten bigger. I have my 2nd post op on Friday.
I'm still not sleeping well at all. It's driving me nuts. I just can't get comfortable. When I tried to lay on my side the other night it just felt like I was laying on tennis balls. But every night I've been able to roll closer and closer to be on my side. So, I think the hard lumps are slowly going down. Other than that, everything is fine. It just feels like i need to stretch the back of my legs really bad. Like I need to do yoga or something.
My thighs finally don't feel so weird when they touch, but one is more swollen then the other. My right love handle is a lot bigger than the left because of that lump.
Hope you are doing ok, your bruises look like they hurt but you still look awesome...Wish you quick healings
Thanks :) I'm doing pretty good. There's barely any discomfort/pain except for tenderness mostly on my inner thighs. The bruises look terrible but they actually don't hurt, thank goodness lol.
I just tried to lie on my side then and it feels really gross. Just like lying on tennis balls like you said! And my inner thighs still can't let them touch eew feels yucky. How are you walking now? Any better? And the bruises how do they look?

3 weeks post op tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow I'll be 3 weeks post op, I can't believe it's already been three weeks! I'm noticing changes everyday. The swelling is starting to go down and my bruises are slowly fading. My hips started out at 40inch now they are measuring 38 3/4inches. My thighs went from 24inches to 22 3/4inches. My love handles went from 33inches to 31 inches. I can't wait to see how my clothes fit once the swelling goes down and I'm not in my garment. But even with the garment on I can finally wear my pre op clothes!
I'll update more tomorrow :)

Before and after

Here's a side by side, before and 19 day post op photo. I can't believe the difference! I'm glad I've been keeping track and taking pictures. I didn't even realize the difference was this major in person.
OMG! You look awesome,I love it specially your back picture.Happy healing !!
Looking awesome! Can't wait until our bruises disappear though!

1 month post op!!!

I've officially hot the 4 week mark. My bruises are definitely fading. I'm still working on the hard spots, but I can feel them slowly going down. As the swelling in my love handles goes down, I've noticed it's basically moved to my thighs. I know swelling moves its way down , so I'm not worried about it. It'll continue going away. My right side( love handle and thigh) are slightly bigger/more swollen than my left side. I believe it'll even out more as time goes on.
I'm able to sleep in any position without any discomfort. The tingling feeling has subsided, my skin is just tender. It feels like a big bruise, except not where the bruises are lol.
In total I've lost 5 lbs. I'm at 139 right now. Surprisingly I've even lost over an inch off of my waist!!
My next post op appointment is in 2 weeks. I should be able to take off this garment!
You're a very attractive lady and I really envy your cute little figure! You've managed to achieve tight and sleek but not lost those curves. Definitely a job well done by Dr Knoll and she sounds like a really nice person too. I'm glad you're less uncomfortable now and the bruising has gone down so well. We all bruise differently of course, but I'd take it as a sign of a thorough job. Happy healing.
Wow thank you so much! I still have some bruising, but it's almost completely cleared up. I can't wait to start working out again.
You look great! You are so pretty by the way :)

6 week mark!!

I finally made it to the 6 week mark. Woo Hoo!! I have my 6wk post op appt tomorrow, I should be able to stop wearing the compression garment. I am planning on wearing the garment when I go back to the gym though. I'm really excited to wear my clothes with out it. I still have lumps, bumps, and swelling, but it's gone down a lot! My bruising is basically unnoticeable now.
The swelling still goes up and down. I'm smaller some days and a little larger other days, but I'm happy with my results so far. Other than that everything is basically the same. I still have some tenderness in my skin and hard spots. I sometimes have the tingling feeling, but nothing major or really bothersome.
I definitely think the surgery was worth it.

6 week pics

Pics.... I also forgot to add about the swelling was that I had a doctor tell me before that swelling moves down. It seems to be true. So I think my thighs seem a little bigger in the past couple of week, but my waist and hips are smaller and more even. I know it'll go away soon enough, though.
You look beautiful! I can't wait to get to the six week point. I'm a little over two weeks out and my bruises are gone, but still lots of swelling, numbness, and tender to touch.
U look great!!

2 mth post op update

I've been slacking in my updates :( But I've reached my 8 week post op mark this past Thursday. I can't believe it's already been two months! I haven't had to wear my garment for the past two weeks. I still feel some pulling... Mostly when I've been sitting or laying down for a whole and start moving again. But I feel great and have almost forgotten that I'm technically still healing. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my slimmer shape. I like that it was gradual, so people just think I'm exercising or dieting. I haven't gone back to the gym yet, so I don't know how my body will react to that. But I'm definitely ready to start exercising again.
I still have some hard spots, but they continually get smaller and softer. You can kind of see the lumps on my inner thighs, but it's nothing major. I'm really happy with my results!!
You look great
You look great!!
Thank you :) after the first two weeks time started going by faster, but once I hit the 6 week point and was out of my garment time seems to be flying by! I just hot my 8 week point 4 days ago and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. That's great your bruises healed quickly! Mine were visible for a while, but by your 4th week you'll probably feel tons better! Happy healing :)

3mths post op

I still can't believe its been 3 months! I feel great, and I love my results. I still have some tingling after sitting or laying too long, but not as often. I don't really feel any hard spots or lumps, but I hand massage every once in a while still.
My scars a really tiny, but still slightly raised. Some of them are slightly sensitive, but I see improvements every week. I'm going to start rubbing Mederma on them.

Also

These are my results with ZERO exercise or dieting. I keep talking about going to the gym, but I'm going through a lazy spell :/ lol
Thanks for posting. You look fabulous!!
Thank you! I need to add pictures to my progress
Wow dramatic before and after. You look so good. Congrats! Thx for review

update

I'm very happy with my results. For the first time, I feel my body is the right proportions. My scars are still fading, but they are really tiny. I have no lumps or uneveness. I've gotten alot of compliments, and have even done some photoshoots!
You should put up your photo shoot pictures!!!
Thank you for your monthly updates and progression. You look amazing and your reviews, stories and pics give me hope!
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

She is very kind, thorough, and knowledgeable. She made sure that I had all the information I needed on my procedure, but also about hotels close in the area with all their information for after my procedure. Dr. Knoll has been amazing the entire time. Getting in touch with her is easy. She even emailed me back at midnight when I had a question! She called me in the evening after I had my procedure to check up on me. I have so many great things to say about her! She and her staff have taken great care of me, and are very attentive.