Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck - Part Two of Massive Overhaul - Frankfort, IL

I am 39 years old and I had Gastric bypass about 5...

I am 39 years old and I had Gastric bypass about 5 years ago. I had an arm lift two weeks ago and it has been more painful that i would have thougt but each day is getting better. I will be getting the tt done in three weeks so hopefully my arms are better by then so i can use them to compensate for lack of abs. I will only have two weeks off work so i am hoping for a smooth recovery. I do have a desk job but as i have learned last week that even a desk job is hard to do when you an in a lot of pain. I am getting the vertical and horizontal cut to get rid of as much extra skin as possible.

Posted a few pics with clothes - I was not wearing...

Posted a few pics with clothes - I was not wearing body shaper and arms swollen from arm surgery. One more week to go : ) I had a rough night with arms swelling up and very painful just to lay there. Nothing was making it feel better until I finally fell asleep. Trying to drink more water but its hard to do when your busy. Happy Mother's Day to all.

Next week at this time I will be on the Flat side!...

Next week at this time I will be on the Flat side! I am so excited. I will be a busy bee this weekend trying to get things in order. Can't wait for next Monday : )

Day before so excited and nervous

So much still to do! Trying to help hubby get the pool opened while I can help (and before he's too tired). My last day with the extra flab! Yeaaaaaaa

Waiting

Waiting for the fluid to slow down so I can get drains out. If the slow down tonight I could get them out tomorrow but I have a feeling I am stuck waiting until Wednesday. I don't really care but they are in a very sensitive spot. My stomach feels so weird. I think it's the extra fluid that has. Not come out yet. Feels like a waterbed. My body does not feel like me at all and I am in a weird headspace. I am bored out of my gourd but I can't do much because of the drains. Hopefully I can have hubby help me take pics tomorrow.

Gross update- reading may be too gross

I have two drains the rt one slowed down a lot on day 2 and has been mostly orange and clear with only 15-20 cc output last few days. So I go into washroom and needed to go number two. I had to push just a little when all of a sudden the deep deep red blood started flowing into the drain and filled the drain. I am not good with blood and started feeling lightheaded and concerned. I got myself together and started to empty the drain. Most of it was a large blood clot glob. Asked hubby to help. He couldn't get it out of the drain either. Made a huge bloody mess. Called ps because of the size of clot and also to see if it would cause infection if it didn't come out of the drain. Dr said not to worry its completely normal. I am exhausted. Hubby was able to disconnect the bulb and clean out the huge ginormous clot. The reason I'm sharing is incase it happens to someone else. Passing a huge clot the size of Texas can be normal. The blood stopped flowing after it filled the first time. Now it's acting like a normal drain. I wonder if there is more clots like that in there? I had normal small clots when I had arm lift but nothing even close to what happened tonight!

Pulling

So my tailbone is killing me in this chair. I was going to try laying down in bed with knees up. CRAP it hurt so much and I didn't last more than 10 seconds. The pulling on my hip was way too much. Back to the recliner I go. I am crabby and going to have a pity party for one.

In a funk

I am in a funk. I know it's totally normal but I am just sad. I know it looks better than it did but I thought the results would look way better. My Hubby keeps trying to say it looks great but as you can all see I am still a lumpy mess. I will talk to ps and I know he's going to say I have to wait to see the final outcome. I just feel so ugly right now and I obviously had some unrealistic expectations. Think I am also starting to pms.

In a better place

Thank you for all of your kind words of support! They really helped me get out of my pity party. Besides starting to get hormonal and the shock of what my Tummy looks like the lack of good sleep and the tension pain in my hip is getting to me. It's also the angelversary of my first son's passing. I tend to get in a funk anyway so everything collided and I was in a deep dark place. You lovely ladies really helped to cheer me up and I appreciate it.

One month? Crazy how fast it goes

Finally able to sleep in bed! Feels so good to lay flat. The tt is healing really good. Scar super low and smooth. It's kinda crooked but I am ok with that. What I hate is the extra freaking skin that is still there. I talked to ps and he said if I want to fix the extra skin i will need to have a reverse abdominal plasty? I will post pics- what I think needs to happen is to redo the vertical scar andremove the extra skin there. I don't have an extra 3 grand laying around. The very top dimple, I don't mind. The huge dip above my bb is not cool at all. I think its going to get all sweaty in the summer and that is what I was trying to get rid of. Don't get me wrong the surgery has dramatically changed my figure. And I am happy with the BB down but I don't know what to think. Definitely not what I expected.
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Your scar healed beautifully!!! Wow, mine is a mess, I got a new draining hole, third hole I get, others are not completely healed yet. What is this reverse abdominal plasty? how would that work?
Thanks! I am really surprised at how well its healing - my arms were harder to heal. I am still paranoid I am going to sprout a hole. Especially because I am back in my bed and I toss and turn all night. a reverse TT they would cut a strip of skin from under boobs going all the way across and yank it up - kinda like what they did for the tt but yanking it up instead of down. I have heard a lot of negative reviews on the procedure - I am going to see if he can just go in and take more skin off where the vertical cut is. Hopefully that will take care of it. I still get exhausted doing simple stuff like housecleaning. I am trying to knock it out 15-20 minutes at a time. My house is in serious need of cleaning. lol
I have 3 holes atm, wish I was healing better, cant complain though, it would be unfair. Dont go for a reverse tummy tuck, I had never heard of it but I am sure there must be other was of fixing it rather than giving you another scar. Like you say vertically or parallel and pull down more.
I get it - when my arms suddenly sprouted holes I was so depressed - felt like the healing was going backwards. Then I was paranoid that every little movement would cause more holes. It's hard to be patient and we cant control how our bodies heal. I am going to take the hubby with me to talk to the PS at the next visit - I have no backbone lol
Lol i dont either should take my mom with me!
how are you doing?
I love your sense of humor "clot the size of Texas". Just don't feel your alone on this journey, more of us have had issues than not I think. But we're all good in the end. Just keep coming on here for encouragement!. Take care.
Thank you! My dr was trying to be funny and told me to name it "Chunky"
I know it's easier said than done, but don't get discouraged, you are still in the early stages of your recovery. Feel better!
Thank you!
I freak out every now and then too, hang in there, we just have to have patience, do you get to wear a compression garment? If so what kind?
Yes wearing a Veronica post surgery it has no legs and it has straps for shoulders. Had to take it off to wash because at some point last night I managed to move just right and the top popped off one drain and leaked all over me and since I can't feel anything I had no idea. Gross hot mess this am. Lol. What kind of garment are you wearing? I was going to talk to dr to see if I should order a step two garment? I think I need to order an extra garment so I can alternate once I go back to work next week.
What is the step two garment? Shoulder straps knee length. Not too comfy lol. I got one drain left yay! I sleep so uncomfortable at night. How do you sleep? I have pics of my garment in my review.
I am glad you posted about the blood clot...as scary as it propbably was for you...it's good for those of us coming up to know (for me, I need to tell my mom...she will be cleaning my drains, and the LAST thing I will need is her freaking out!). And if I were you, I would see if you can make a before and after side by side....the results are really good when you see them objectively! Carolyn
Thank you! Yea the clot freaked out my hubby and mom. I expected clots but nothing like that. It was almost the same size of the drain bulb. Hubby had to take the bulb off the tubing to get it out. Dr said it was ok to leave it but I could not stand looking at it plus I would have full drain within a short time. Now that its over we laugh about it.
I am sorry to hear your having a tough time, give it some time and i bet the changes start rolling in. You look beautiful!
Thank you!
It's normal to feel sad or down after a procedure like you've had. It's hard to look at the bright side when your quality of life is affected. You DO look great. In fact, I think you look awesome! It takes time for the swelling to really subside but if you look at all of the after photos...it does happen eventually. You've had a major surgery hun, try to be patient. I can definitely see how great you're going to look when you heal more. Keep healing lovely lady! You'll be feeling great about everything soon!
Thank you! It did help to look at my before pics. And I am not a patient person. Lol It's just so hard to deal with all of this, I am overwhelmed.
Glad you're okay that must've been so scary! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs to you
Thank you. Feel much better today. Walked around target and went to Applebee's for dinner. Spinach strawberry salad with grilled chicken was delicious. Wore myself out now I'm resting.
Target and Applebee's this soon? Lol I SO wanted to be one of you people lol didnt happen but I'm so glad you're recovering nicely ;)
Used the cart as a walker and walked slower than the elderly. Lol. I wanted to do more but muscles were getting tight. Didn't eat much at Applebee's but it was nice to get out. I was hoping to be feeling much better too. The muscle on my rt top of thigh is pulled so tight it's really uncomfortable. Ugh. Then I coughed after eating- thought I was going to die. That did me in and I had to come home to rest. I hope you are able to get out soon. Take your time! Don't let people make you feel rushed. They practically ran me over but I held my ground.
Just realized you are six weeks po lol. I just re-read your story. Made me feel better! It always seems like everyone else is bouncing right back to normal and it was getting to me. So sorry you had such a rough time. I wanted to strangle whoever pumped me so full of fluid I had to pee every 20 minutes and would sit on the pot forever tinkeling. I had my arms done 6 weeks ago and I was not that over flooded. I am going for the Breast lift and aug in the fall unless I chicken out. I am so ready to feel finished and normal.
Hi, thanks !! You are so early there's still potential for you to be one of the " I'm two weeks PO and feel fine people" lol the fact that you even wanted to try to walk into Applebee's shows there's that potential ;) I was so scared of anesthesia I got the breast lift at the same time (mommy makeover) Did you consider that? One good thing is most people seem to say the lift/ augmentation doesn't hurt as much and that was certainly true for me. The lift recovery was a cake walk. The muscle repair is what got me. I'm happy to be where I'm at now, the good thing about recovery is it seems to fly! I hope it goes by fast for you and you feel much better soon!!!