Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck - Part Two of Massive Overhaul - Frankfort, IL

I am 39 years old and I had Gastric bypass about 5...

I am 39 years old and I had Gastric bypass about 5 years ago. I had an arm lift two weeks ago and it has been more painful that i would have thougt but each day is getting better. I will be getting the tt done in three weeks so hopefully my arms are better by then so i can use them to compensate for lack of abs. I will only have two weeks off work so i am hoping for a smooth recovery. I do have a desk job but as i have learned last week that even a desk job is hard to do when you an in a lot of pain. I am getting the vertical and horizontal cut to get rid of as much extra skin as possible.

Posted a few pics with clothes - I was not wearing...

Posted a few pics with clothes - I was not wearing body shaper and arms swollen from arm surgery. One more week to go : ) I had a rough night with arms swelling up and very painful just to lay there. Nothing was making it feel better until I finally fell asleep. Trying to drink more water but its hard to do when your busy. Happy Mother's Day to all.

Next week at this time I will be on the Flat side!...

Next week at this time I will be on the Flat side! I am so excited. I will be a busy bee this weekend trying to get things in order. Can't wait for next Monday : )

Day before so excited and nervous

So much still to do! Trying to help hubby get the pool opened while I can help (and before he's too tired). My last day with the extra flab! Yeaaaaaaa

Waiting

Waiting for the fluid to slow down so I can get drains out. If the slow down tonight I could get them out tomorrow but I have a feeling I am stuck waiting until Wednesday. I don't really care but they are in a very sensitive spot. My stomach feels so weird. I think it's the extra fluid that has. Not come out yet. Feels like a waterbed. My body does not feel like me at all and I am in a weird headspace. I am bored out of my gourd but I can't do much because of the drains. Hopefully I can have hubby help me take pics tomorrow.

Gross update- reading may be too gross

I have two drains the rt one slowed down a lot on day 2 and has been mostly orange and clear with only 15-20 cc output last few days. So I go into washroom and needed to go number two. I had to push just a little when all of a sudden the deep deep red blood started flowing into the drain and filled the drain. I am not good with blood and started feeling lightheaded and concerned. I got myself together and started to empty the drain. Most of it was a large blood clot glob. Asked hubby to help. He couldn't get it out of the drain either. Made a huge bloody mess. Called ps because of the size of clot and also to see if it would cause infection if it didn't come out of the drain. Dr said not to worry its completely normal. I am exhausted. Hubby was able to disconnect the bulb and clean out the huge ginormous clot. The reason I'm sharing is incase it happens to someone else. Passing a huge clot the size of Texas can be normal. The blood stopped flowing after it filled the first time. Now it's acting like a normal drain. I wonder if there is more clots like that in there? I had normal small clots when I had arm lift but nothing even close to what happened tonight!

Pulling

So my tailbone is killing me in this chair. I was going to try laying down in bed with knees up. CRAP it hurt so much and I didn't last more than 10 seconds. The pulling on my hip was way too much. Back to the recliner I go. I am crabby and going to have a pity party for one.

In a funk

I am in a funk. I know it's totally normal but I am just sad. I know it looks better than it did but I thought the results would look way better. My Hubby keeps trying to say it looks great but as you can all see I am still a lumpy mess. I will talk to ps and I know he's going to say I have to wait to see the final outcome. I just feel so ugly right now and I obviously had some unrealistic expectations. Think I am also starting to pms.

In a better place

Thank you for all of your kind words of support! They really helped me get out of my pity party. Besides starting to get hormonal and the shock of what my Tummy looks like the lack of good sleep and the tension pain in my hip is getting to me. It's also the angelversary of my first son's passing. I tend to get in a funk anyway so everything collided and I was in a deep dark place. You lovely ladies really helped to cheer me up and I appreciate it.

One month? Crazy how fast it goes

Finally able to sleep in bed! Feels so good to lay flat. The tt is healing really good. Scar super low and smooth. It's kinda crooked but I am ok with that. What I hate is the extra freaking skin that is still there. I talked to ps and he said if I want to fix the extra skin i will need to have a reverse abdominal plasty? I will post pics- what I think needs to happen is to redo the vertical scar andremove the extra skin there. I don't have an extra 3 grand laying around. The very top dimple, I don't mind. The huge dip above my bb is not cool at all. I think its going to get all sweaty in the summer and that is what I was trying to get rid of. Don't get me wrong the surgery has dramatically changed my figure. And I am happy with the BB down but I don't know what to think. Definitely not what I expected.
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon