Hello! I an 5"4.5' (yes, i included a half of an...

Hello! I an 5"4.5' (yes, i included a half of an inch ;)). I am 43 years old with a set of twins (18 years) and usually weight 135-140. I have gained ~ 12 pounds in the last 14 months, likely due to some inactivity due to chronic low back pain, which seems to be on the mend, FX.

Like most women, I saw the need for a TT after the first child 21 years ago. A set of twins (8lbs 1oz & 6lbs 12oz) didnt help and left me with the sagging skin and disappointment with my figure, no matter what I ate or what I weighed.

I have a consult June 20th, which cant get here fast enough! I did only have to wait that long because I insisted on an afternoon appointment so I wouldn't miss work with a 2 hour drive to the appointment. I am scheduled with Kelly Kunkel in FT Worth TX. I have a co-worker whose wife had a "eye procedure" & BA with him and was very pleased. I do anticipate having the procedure with him as long as the consult goes well.

I appreciate all the posts on this site. I feel it had given me a realistic perspective on the potential outcome. as well as loads of info i would have never known!

My husband wasnt 100% for the procedure, but said if it was what I wanted then why not? Last night just before my shower I sucked in, turned to the side, and squished the fat rolls inward and hid them in my hands to show him what it might look like. He never had to say anything, the look on his face! and he just WOW! after the shower he managed to compose "thats sexy!" LOL! okay then, he's on board!
The pre pics are awful, as 99% of them up here, but figure someone will know that they are not alone in this female gelatinous post--preg world. Thanks again for sharing everyone!

Im lucky that my husband is super supportive of me getting this TT, he know is something I have wanted for years. I go in on the 20th so have 2 more weeks to wait! Your husband will love the results Im sure you will get!
Thanks! Good luck to you!
Yup, I know all about that before belly. Good luck to you, you will have great results!!!

Progress note

I think I have lost a few pounds this last 2 weeks! I don't dare get on the scale because it will likely give me reason to eat a snickers ice cream bar or something of the sort.
I think I have quit eating out of depression regarding my weight/figure because of this site and the wonderful TT sisters that have shown me the I have made progress, and my work outs are not all for naught. I see that under this flab, there is a desirable shape.

BB

I was thinking about not having a new naval made and replacing it with a BB tattoo. Less to heal, and really the sensation at my naval is nasty, just feels weird and makes me wanna pee and barf at the same time.

does that change with a new one? And does anyone know if I can opt for no BB?

just curious.

consult.

Oh my what a day... my consult couldn't have gone better, but my trek down there and my silly-ness yesterday could have. Idk whats gotten into me. I've had low energy, stalled workouts & headaches, so figured I needed an iron boost. Maybe its kicked in, im n a nut. Maybe its nerves and excitement. Office staff and doc were all very tolerant of me, answered all my questions and were just great.

Scheduled!

I officially scheduled time off work and my tt! I am dreading the MR, because work is a little physical. I have a few items to carry that weigh about 30 lbs... and my back is getting a little grumpy again. I have been cycling a little harder this last few weeks, hoping to lose a few pounds and strengthen up. Guess ill take a break and run a bit. I really hope the Dr decides that i don't need the MR, but am sure that with twins that is not going to happen. And ill probably like the results. good luck to everyone out there

Your going to look great! Congrats!
Thanks! I read your blog, thanks for sharing!
Glad that you scheduled your surgery! I am looking forward to following you through your healing!

quick update

Im down about 7 pounds which puts me ~133ish. Paid my anesthesia fee of $1020 yesterday. I still owe $2068 for the facility usage and one night stay ($700). I couldnt pay it yet because im not in the system just yet since its 8 weeks from today. The surgeons fee was $5150.
I want to tell work but feel that would be a mistake. Its a little personal. I am working on a practical list of items to get for recovery. I have had my gall bladder out so I reallly don't feel that with my current patter ill have any problems going.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

cell phone posting is so difficult...

My normal pants fall down easier than normal.. ya know when you have this post baby belly your clothes don't fit properly an the waist gets pushed down by the blob usually. Now they're just loose. My fat pants are ridiculous now... whoo hoo! But I'm not buying new clothes till all this is done and healed up! Hope everyone is getting along and those post op are making a speedy recovery! Wish we all could go shopping together! That'd be a hoot! Flash tt mob!

workout.

Just comparing what my scale says to how I look. Dh says he can't tell. Hmph, men.

In only a month you'll be transformed! The big day will arrive sooner than you think! Will keep following your posts.
Thanks! The closer i get, I find myself more and more in a funk, a why bother funk.. so I just keep following others, and try to pull myself out of it. Dh was excited last night and is following the count down, I told him ill believe it when I'm getting the IV.
Good luck, it's worth it! I've done the same thing in the mirror, so I know exactly what you mean, and your hubby won't regret it. Mine loved me how I was, but is excited to see my waist back! So excited for you! Keep us posted!

slow progress...

The scale won't move below 131. I believe I have hit the dreaded plateau. Remind myself here that my highest weight was 142 and I was stuck at 138 even thru the toughest boot camp. Relax.
I've battled headaches for as long as I can remember, always told by medical personal that I might try eliminating cartian food. Oh no that's not me, its not food, silly ppl. I have come to see and feel, that food IS causing my headaches. I'm 43 and this is just sinking in....so, another reason to tweak my foods and avoid some. Although, I just don't understand how the human body rebels against nuts, packaged meats sure... not nuts. Seems with this intolerance it also causes irritability, which yesterday I was ready to just punch anyone/anything, after eating nuts.. so glad I wasn't really just mad at everything. Just a little nutty?
I need a massage!

You're getting close....
Your stomach looks like mine used to!! You just wait girl!!
Thanks for the encouragement!

a little distraction...

Neither here nor there. Was so happy to get a progress report on Seada. Ill focus on finding little thing to send her these next few weeks to take my mind off the tt. I seem to be in a grumpy mood. Maybe I'm nervous, or worried that it'll fall through and I won't get to have it. Any how, Seada's face cheers me up, wish she was mine! Or I could be there to hug that fabulous little girl. I usually sent her stickers and map pencils, she going in to 2nd grade. She was 3 when we first sponsored her. So big now.. I just love her. Anyone have any ideas what I could send her? It has to go thru customs and has to be flat in a 5x7 ish envelope.

I cant wait to see your results, I also live in Fort Worth, I'm planning on having my TT, Lipo and BA with Dr. Jonathan Heisteins next year, I'm very nervious and anxious at the same time, GOOD LUCK with your procedure, post pics soon!
Anxious to see your results! Personally, I'm in love with my new belly button! I couldn't wait for a new one ... never expected one so damn cute! :) If you're worried about the outcome of it maybe your doc can show you some pics. I hear most docs have their own way of creating the new one. Ask him about it! :)
I will! I've pretty much gotten over the weird sensations there and I am totally looking forward work a cute one! Love your BB too!

3 weeks from today..

I took measurements today, I don't think they'll change much in 3 week. All measurements are inches.
36.5 bust
31.5 ribs
34 waist
36.5 hips
current weight 130-132 ish. Really I would like to be about 125, which looked like it was gonna happen until i hit a plateau. And that seems to have created the desire to just eat and not care (again). I really gotta get back on track. I have managed to bike, run or swim off 13K calories this month. Gotta keep focus!

Your 2 days after me, good luck !!
Yea! Let me know how u'r doing! I'm so ready to do this. Sleep late, no work, coffee in bed... LOL! I'm sure it won't be a vacation!
19 days!!

training supplements after recovery...

Just wondering if anyone was continuing any training supplements after surgery. I take BCAA's (monster amino 10cal/ serving) and feel I need to do another cycle of creatine... I am sure the creatine won't do me any good post surgery, except cause excess water retention. Maybe the amino acids will help me heal up faster? Any experience? Or thoughts?

I'm taking 6 days off, then plan to work from home. My Dr seems to think I will be fine. I hope he's right!!
I'm taking 2 weeks. Plan to enjoy it!

photo comparison

added side by side photos of weight loss. deleted individual photos.

Mr dr told me to discontinue any supps (I take bcaa's too) one month before surgery I believe it was. I don't know about after, I don't know why it would matter but i'd ask to be sure! (although a lot of md's don't know much about supplementation)
Thanks for the input. And your so right about them not knowing, unless they are into athletics. I had 3 docs tell me not to run with bulged discs & pars fractures (not really a big deal), none were runners and there was no literature supporting the stance. In fact it seemed that those that stayed active and used pain as a guide, recovered quicker and were more likely to avoid surgical intervention. I'm rambling, I know... Pre TT jitters... Figure I'll be like this till they knock me out! :D
Best of luck!!! It's coming up fast

Just wanted to see a single digit "pre" LOL!

I'm fine mentally, I think. I do find that i have been so dog gone chatty this last few days. So unlike me, I can go weeks not speaking to anyone. I am very much a loner. I enjoy my company ^_^!

I am sure i'll be a chatty nut with the poor staff that has to endure all my nonsense! Love hearing everyone's story's. Thanks!

CHATTY IS GOOD ......I'll be thinking of you on the 20th.....losing weight is totally the best feeling, your TT will be the cherry on top. Tomorrow is my TT Sept.16 my surgery, I'll update when I can,,,,, It is going to such a liberating feeling not to have big 'ol belly!!!!! Let's keep in touch! ((((Hugs)))) (((Hugs)))
Thanks! Looking forward to your updates!
You are going to look great! Can't wait to see your results.

idle time before tt....

I still have concerns about returning to work 14 days po, that'll be a Friday, then on to a full week 17days po. Any one post op think that if they had hic-ups about 14 days po that they'd be in very little pain? I have some physical work to to that entails snapping fittings on to samples (chemist). I worry that this feat will be unbearable since it takes ab strength. I do this 100+ times each day. Pre op is in 2 days! Can't wait! That means I only have today &tomorrow to get in last minute work outs.

go to jcpenny. they have zip up house dresses that are great! Easy to get in and out of.
LOL! My husband tried to get me to get some already. I couldn't do it! Accused him of having a grandma fantasy! I may have to cave tho!
I found some really cute ones. They weren't gma at all. They were short, above the knees and a very light terry cloth in peach. They may have been like swim suit cover ups rather than housedress. Same principle they zip on and off and are really cute.

excitement!

I wanna go shopping so bad right now! I have read other stories where ladies just wanna clean an prepare their homes, not me I wanna go go go! Here are my last minute pre tt photos. My scale says 130.6 uh no 131.0 as an afternoon weight. So I figure if I get it first thing in the AM ill be under 130, maybe... what what! So ready!

Omg thanks everyone! I'm totally stoked!
2 days!!!!
Yea baby! Ready ready ready!

pre ops done..

Busy busy day today. Pre op with Andrews women's @Baylor today at 1030 am. I left about 7am. Good drive, no problem with traffic. Ladies there we're so wonderful! Loads of question and I was told exactly where to be and how it all play out . hunted lunch, awesome place, bakers deli? I think. Omg best sandwich ever! PS pre op was scheduled at 2pm. Everyone was so thorough explaining all the ins and outs of what to expect. I had basically no questions. Doc was running late, he was caught up in surgery. Which was fine. He waited one me a good hour for my initial consult since I was caught in stand still traffic. Only fair now huh? Lol! God bless him and the gal he was with ( breast cancer). I was glad to hear that the surgery took priority, she needed him more than I did.
I asked about the cg and what kind should I get or could I just buy a second one from them? Ah they just gave me one.. Eeeeee! Nice! Got all my scrips. Shopping list. So I had to get a new phone. Lol! Old cell, I really did like it. Ugh it just became very uncooperative. New one will keep me entertained maybe a week or so through recovery. Works better too! Thank God.. Thanks for all the well wishes! I just love you ladies!

I hope all went well.
Did you have your surgery?
Good Luck!

almost home...

Everyone at Baylor was so wonderful. Although I left my cell in my bag to be locked up and it came back on verizion wireless and did not work as it is not a verizion phone...so now I'm near home and my wireless company us cellular has given me a new phone, which is great, cuz I was cussin' them and swore to drop them for burning me..
I had 10.5 inches of skin removed and about 3 inches of plication done. I had a wonderful anesthesia team. They love to knock you out! I was told "I put something in your IV as they are wheeling me back to OR, shoot about 3 seconds after that I was out! Surgery took 3+ hours. Wow! My PS is as cool as a cucumber! I haven't taken any narcotics just advil. I had 2 doses of morphine but only because one was to show me how it worked and the other was cuz they thought I might need it getting up to sit n a chair for 30 minutes. It made me feel yucky. So I don't plan on taking any Narcotics. I did take a soma for the drive home. That seems to be a good deal. I have eaten like a pig today! Dh found an Egyptian restaurant and I had a to have some! Happy healing all! Will get pics asap.

Sounds like you are doing great. Can't wait to see pics.
Thanks! I may wait a few days as not to disturb the dressing. I have one a strip of gauze across it and the binder over it... I really want to put neosporin on it. But won't as I was not told too. I'm going to trust my PS and listen to everything he wants me to do.
Congrats and wow! do you have vampire blood? Gosh, one day post op and you're all over the place! Amazing! But I think, you should slow down or you might be paying the price soon. Happy healing!

gas..

Amazingly the worst pain today is from gas. I woke up at 4 am in a sweat with belly pain.. I guess that's what happens when they put a tube down your throat, it also gets in your belly. Its very uncomfortable. I had dh adjust my binder since it was riding up on me. I noticed I have the old by scar, which is fine by me. The incision is all the way around each hip. I'm getting restless, but am not doing anything today other than making trips to the potty. Maybe this evening I'll sponge off. I think since I'm so gassy I may have a bm soon. I have no gallbladder and thus ibs-d. So I'm sure it'll be uncomfortable.

Water, try MOM,'s, or smooth move tea from GNC :)
Dh is making me some smooth move tea currently. I don't feel like I have to go, but figure I may wanna stay ahead of the game. I have no gallbladder so any stress, like leading up to the TT will cause loose bowels.but since that was Thursday.. I should encourage some movement!
Great!!!! Let me know if it works for you. The lady swears on it at the store when I was there picking up last minute stuff. May I ask what DH is?

no water..

We got home yesterday and my daughter told us we were under a boil order. This happens too often here. Some how poo got in the water supply. We buy bottled water in another town to drink. But no sponge bath for me tonight. I'm sure stinky... I'll have to boil water tomorrow I guess for my bath. I'm terribly bored too... Just cyber creepin' on y'all! Thanks for all the tips. I really appreciate it.

Awwe, that sucks! When I left the hospital, they sent me home with a BAG full of these sponge bath clothes ... I still have leftovers, I wish I could just toss them your way while you have to wait for the water to be avail. They're called Comfort Personal Cleansing Essential Bath cloths. They're awesome! No rinse needed. Just put the package in the microwave to warm them! there are 8 thick clothes in the pouch. Nice warm very refreshing clothes and enough in each pack to do all over your body parts with a nice fresh one! They were the greatest thing about not being able to shower (I had to wait until day 10 for my first shower) but I did have a couple of shampoos in the sink!!! oY Thank god I cut all my hair off when I lost all the weight or that would NOT have been an option! The long thick hair used to take 30 minutes just to shampoo in the shower! ;)
there are other brands of those cloths, all the same kinda thing, I bet you can find them at the pharmacy.... I see them all over the internet...
Thanks for the info! I will try to find some. They said the water is safe for bathing just don't drink it... But with surgery I just don't think its advisable.

ps visit..

Well I am going to make the trip back down to the PS so I can be shown how to clean everything.. That was unplanned. I thought I was going to get phone instructions... Oh well, least we can get out a bit. Washed my hair in the sink and put on normal clothes. Feel way better. I'll try to get a belly pic this afternoon. Mean time here's one with no belly roll.. That's so wonderful!

Welcome to the Flat side, I hope you are doing okay, sorry about the poo in your water supply, that is weird.
Lol! Thanks, sad thing is is that it happens a few times a year. I won't lie, we have a bunch of idiots for city government. You ever see "hee haw"? And Okie's wonder why the rest of the normal world thinks that they are hicks? Cuz none of them are smart enough to keep e.coli out of their drinking water.. (Born Cali, raised north Texas. See it takes an outsider to notice that this is unacceptable).
Or maybe someone should teach the water sampler to wash his or her hands before grabbing water. Lol! Ding dang people!

a few pics

My head is singing " oh my back hurts, oh my belly itches, oh oh oh dang little bitches..." Lol! Dh is off to work today, I'll be on my own til late. He's such a helper. My back hurts more than anything. I sat on the stool in the kitchen yesterday and did dishes while dh found and removed the dead mouse in the bedroom closet. So nasty. Didn't sleep well with the achy back. I need to stay bent for a few more days. Doc said first 4 days but nurse yesterday suggest a few more days. The incision is still a little soft in spots and I'd just not pull on it too much. I have a few pics. I am swollen as expected, I just don't feel like I am since swollen is still smaller than before. Hope everyone has a super healing day!

Looks fabulous! ! So happy for you.... happy healing!
Thanks!
Looks great! So excited for you. You are well on your way to a great recovery.

first shower...

Made it through my first shower. Was unorganized, I washed my hair with body wash thinking it was conditioner. Warm water felt great on my back. So I took advantage of the opportunity and grabbed some of pics.

you look awesome!!! Welcome to the flat side!!! Happy healing to you.
Thanks Salliee!
You are looking really really good! And you took a shower! I'm planning to take one tomorrow night before I have to slip into the smaller CG. Is your tummy sensitive? Maybe its me - i'm just queasy. I don't like taking my compression garment off. One of my beauty marks/moles that was above my belly button is also now below and one was completely cut out. Small price to pay, I say!

drain pain...

Up til this morning my one drain hasn't been a problem. This morning it stings and pinches and leaked a little when I stood up. I don't go in til monday, 5 more days, but I am ready to be rid of this thing. I figure its probably always hurt and I just couldn't feel it with all the numbness and swelling. I'll call the PS asap this morning. I couldn't sleep in because I'm starving (and the drain pain). Guess that's good. Feeling lazy this morning. Any drain advice til I get a hold of my docs office? I think maybe wearing undies aggravates it? Gonna be a sleepy day...

You are so little!! Wow, girl! A lot of times if a drain is leaking at the insertion site, there is a little clot in the tubing. Are you getting drainage still from that side? Try striping the tubing and see if that will stop the leaking. Also, make sure your tubing is not kinked anywhere around the garment. Mine stung and I could feel it moving under the skin, especially after I started healing some.
That seems to be exactly what it was. I guess the clog was where I couldn't see it or just under the sutures where I can't strip it. I've been pinching it a lot and strip it every time I go pee. It quit hurting all together. So glad! Thanks!
I don't know anything about drains .i hope your ps takes care of you today

another day..

My body wants to stretch out so bad.. In my sleep I keep waking up stretching my legs and abs tightened in a stretch. I guess its okay, it doesn't hurt. I tried to sleep last night without a muscle relaxer, oh wow not happening. My back hurt so bad, in spasms. So after taking one I slid down out of the beach chair position and just slept with the pillows under my knees. Other than that, I am ready to work on standing up! My daughter is in a cooking mood, so lucky me has had hot yummy food! Hope everyone is healing super quick!

I'm so happy to c the results... Esp since our tummy looks so much alike... Love it!!!! #HappyHealing!! :)
They are similar! Good luck on your TT, and you boob look good in a bra. I couldn't justify doing the lift, husband was not on board with it. I talked to a guy who was against his wife getting them but let her anyhow and he never regretted it once he saw the results!
Looking good!

replay of day 6...let the back suggestions fly

Oh my back.. Other than that I'm doing fine, getting straighter, don't know how often I really should be taking the soma (relaxers). They are effective. Just don't want to be in LA LA land all day. Which they are ok to stay awake on, I just feel like I haven't slept well in a few nights ( sure no one has after the TT) and will surely fall asleep. I plan on the hot shower on my back today. Really would like to get the heating pad out. Think I'm not suppose to tho. Will try to get a progress pic today. There's midget wrestling tonight in a neighboring town. Wonder if I could stand going? Lol! Not really my thing, maybe there's a hs football game tonight. My daughter is 18 and needs a hair cut and refuses to phone the woman that has cut our hair for 16 years, she has anxiety talking to ppl. Im dug in, not calling for her. She's so whiney about it. Makes me laugh and forget the back cramps!

one week pics

Incision seems to be healing well. Think I look a bit hippie, but maybe its swollen. Hot shower on back really helped. Moving more and stretching best I can also seems to help. Looking forward to tomorrows progress!

Looking great!! Happy healing!
Looks great, and barely any swelling! :)
I know. It made me eat pizza for supper. :-/ Must push it...lol!

oh drain, you're such a pain...some one eyeball this for me.

Doing good today. Walking near normal just a bit hunched an a little slow. Took in a movie and made a trip to Walmart (despise Walmart, really love how autocorrect capitalizes that, grrr). Was bearable, other than being at Walmart and my hip burning. The drain wasn't painful today but it is extremely irritated, hope to God its not getting infected (spell check didn't cap god, like walmarts more important?) It should come out Monday precisely at 205 pm. So I don't think its worth bothering the doc/staff on a Sunday. I'm taking the antibiotics and putting neosporin on it still. Wash my hands handling it yadda yadda.. Any one else's unhappy? Have redness near the size of a nickel around it, and it is low in my mons. I think it gets pressed against the skin and the stitches rub the skin when I walk.

Hope everything is ok
Yes that drain needs to go!! You will feel so much better when that is out.
Tomorrow at 2!

no drain = happy dance

I have no drain! All the pinching on the left I felt the last few days must have been the drain. The last 2 days the drain fluid went from serous to bloody. Doc said it was probably just irritating tissue. Pulling the drain didn't hurt. About 3 seconds after it was out it did sting, but since it was over, there wasn't anything to fret over. Doc did admit to using his sterile foot for leverage tightening my belly after I told him my daughter was freaked out about how tight it was (she also took a pic, but swore not to Facebook it, like I care). BTW, I do see toe marks Dr Kunkle ^_^! I can switch to a spanx type support garment. Hooray! I had to do the happy dance at the counter before I left, or they wouldn't schedule my next appointment. Yah! I had NO problem with that!

I hope I can do my Happy dance Thursday!
Yay! You are drain-free!! #milestone Enjoy the rest of your week!! Lucky gal.
Haha! Love it.

comparison pics

I am doing well today. Showered, made breakfast, feed chickens, did dishes, laundry, trash out & cleaned kitchen floor. So after that I made myself sit to eat, play with pics and update. Its kind of nice to feel like I'm back on a normal track. Plan on making bread today and maybe a shopping trip for odds and ins. I am not ready to wear my spanx type garments. I'm not sure they are supportive enough. And I am not ready for pulling something so tight up and down every time I have to pee, potentially irritating the incision line. Really would like a good restful nap. No muscle relaxer last night. Doc suggested yesterday not to get use to them. They are kind of nice, I'll admit. But, I really didn't notice that I slept any worse. Still achy all night. Healing vibes to all!

So good to hear you got your drains out and starting to feel normal! Lookin good!
Sweet pea no drains .... Totally jealous!!! U look great!!

spanx X 2...

I opted out of my binder today for spanx. Its not crotchless, so I worry about having to go and pull off layers. I also added a spanx tank for extra support since I bought this body type one ages ago and have no recollection of the strength of compression. All I remember is that it was just too dang tight to wear without pissing me off. So its prob good! Think I'll hunt a corset type without the crotch. Here's a pic, I guess I'm going to be a little hippie, really imagined I'd be way more square, which I think I'd prefer. But, either's fine as long as I'm minus the belly roll. Really love the way things are shaping up.

Lol! I don't feel itty bitty! It is nice to sit without that roll. Thanks!
Look at your itty bitty self! Girl. You look fabulous!!
Thanks! I don't feel it yet, like waiting for it to return. Like the "Nutty Professor".

spanx is not going to happen..

I need help. Double layered or even single layer of the spanx is horribly uncomfortable. My hip is burning, which it hasn't done in day and my bb is irritated. Spanx just bunched up, felt like it was going to sausage me in half. Back in my friendly binder. I've eaten every bit of 2000 calories (kcals) today. Sure tomorrow AF (tom? In the UK?) will be here. I need a shorter waist garment. No crotch preferred. I've browsed the net and didn't see anything. If you have any favorites please let me know. Thinking of a corset type?.I guess since. Adjust this binder several times a day, or it gives a little more, that I didn't notice that one size all day sux. Ugh...

I ordered the Maria E faja that Pharmsales has. I can let you know once I get it? I can't squeeze into spanx either . And the one the Dr gave me comes up too high ony chest.,so I'm hoping the faja fits!
You know your awesome, right? Thanks!
See my reviews for cg help... Good luck!

alone...

Kids are out, hubby is out of town for the night collecting CEU's. I made a 1.75 mile walk. Would have made an even 2 but my youngest son has an alcohol problem and I fetched him from the ER. He's fine, just needs treatment or something. So, alone an a little depressed. Our water is out so I can't even console myself with a hot shower. May just stink going back to work tomorrow.
My stomach feels gristly in some places. I'm sure its normal, just weird. Flexees cg is OK, I wanna cut some of the ribs out tho that dig in.

Sorry to hear about your son , hope he can get the help he needs. I just got my CG in and it's soooo small ! I have to return it! I need something that's more comfortable & not so obvious under clothing. I have a family gathering in a week & don't have a clue what's going to fit!?
I googled a dress size calculator. My pants are usually ~7, maybe a 6 some 8's (depending on cut and brand). I noticed these cg's have dress sizes. And I'm 12-14 in a dress, according to the calculator. So I got something a little bigger than I thought I'd wear and it seem fine On the label says i need a small, calculator says buy large. Spanx- can't do medium but flexees I can. So hard to discern what the heck to get. I'll have a small fortune in cg's in no time. In binder for first day back at work. Did not want to fight cg and needed the adjustability.
I may have to go with the large & adjust as I shrink? Which I hope I do!!

first day back to work...

Wasn't a big deal, physically, going back to work today. Fridays are usually light. Was good to catch up on all the funnies I missed the last 2 weeks! My bb pinches. Like the scabs are point apart as I move, twist and stand. Ugh, still think the sensation at my bb is gross. So I can't stand to look at it and wanna pick it (no no) ugh, but can't stand touching it. I know that will change cuz its gonna be cute. So I stuck neosporin in it to soften the scabs, hopefully this will help. Please feel free to share experience. My bb looks like (a cute) spider web made if blood. There's a deep hole, entrance, around a web of scabs. I'm sure time and patients are the only things I can really do about it. Happy healthy healing all!

friggin love predictive txt

Just saying' yo. Scabs pulling apart...

I feel the same way about my bb. I've always hated touching my bb, it feels really sickening if I poke my finger into it. It's like I can feel it all the way into my guts. So PS was digging around in it today, pulling out stitches, and I felt so ick!! Belly buttons are kind of gross. :)
So glad im not alone on that!
I can empathize with you regarding your son. My oldest daughter has a meth problem and it just breaks my heart. She's on probation and she still doesn't get it. I can't do it for her. Shes 36 and an adult and has to figure it out or hit bottom. I'm just scared that being arrested and on probation still isnt the bottom for her. As mom's it sucks when our children inherit the addict gene and all we can do for them is hope and pray. It's amazing how much in common we have. Thinking of you this beautiful day.

bb progress...

It seems at thus stage for a few of us the bb has become some what of a concern/irritation. Mine is probably normal for the way my PS does them. I had no external sutures to remove anywhere. I think dissolvable ones are in my incision and bb, 2 vertical layers of permanent ones in the fascia for the muscle repair. I'm still tight and can't stand completely straight. My hip flexors and IT bands are tight, and my piriformis muscle aches. Not out of the ordinary for me really. I'm sure hunched doesn't help them.

oh poo...

Hit wrong button.. More pics

I'll keep that in mind. I'm still afraid the water will make it infected... Irrational, I know. I don't go back for 15 days, so I'm gonna try to focus on walking, not my angry bb. It just pulls and feels like it'll pull apart. Its so easy to "worry" on the flat side!

just funny... and wondering...and inappropriate

Yesterday it was very cool and we had a tarantula come in. I was telling dh about it and he asked " What is wrong with you? They're not cool" , uh ya they are! So he's all creeped out about it, and I asked him if my hoo haa looked like a tarantula since I haven't groomed any since the TT. He just giggled and asked why I had to put that in his head. Uh looks like one to me...I suppose since my drain holes about gone I can landscape. Any reason not too?

You look great the 4 day pic is what you will have in the end. The swelling goes on and on for months but you still look amazing! It's good you took the pic before you got swollen I did the same. Happy healing
Fabulous. We were being infested with scorpions at my house. Our house is on 1000 acres and we do get critters. I found some stuff online that now keeps them away from the house. Used to see 3-4 a day. Now I havent seen one in 3 weeks ever since I made hubby spray with that stuff. My hubby likes spiders too. I do not!
Oh my! Scorpions are neat too, but I don't want them round. You can see a tarantula in the hall! We're just in town, but close to the wildlife refuge.

slept all night! well, mostly...

I may have found the magic position, or maybe I was just so dang tired that it wouldn't have mattered if I had to sleep on a wood pile. I usually sleep on my back, so I put a pillow under my knees and one under my feet. Hope that works again tonight. My bellyfeels like a pot belly pigs. I look expecting a giant pooch but its still flat. Maybe the muscles have relaxed and near adjusted to their new positions. Tired to trim up the tarantula last night an noticed the "Ken doll", was so funny. Didn't really look swollen, but when you touch it you can definitely tell its swollen by the way everything moves. Reminded me of a female animal in heat when the vulva swells..

Wow u look really good :)
Aw thanks! I needed that. So ready to get back in shape and start the next chapter...
Thanks! That's good to know, may be incentive to stay outta the cookies!

little progress...

My near healed drain area stings. It isn't red, isn't tender. May be the cg. I've stretched the binder out and have to wrap it more than half way around now. So I figure I'd put on my big girl panties and join the rest by wearing the Cg. I did put a spanx tank over it. Hate up and down going pp, hate all the flaky belly skin! I feel fat today, ate lasagne for supper yesterday. Bad move! My bb scabs are falling off. Incision is more of a scar now, pink and few scabs. MR burns now and then. Mine never felt like over worked muscles, just burning and tender. I have the OK to get a flu shot. Not sure I will tho. Really don't want the aches and sniffles I could get from it. Usually I'm fine, last year wasnt!

I have to say it sounds like you feel the same way I did right at about the same time in recovery, its like you start feeling better then all the sudden you have these blah feeling fat days, it was at about this time that I thought I was feeling better then all the sudden I was bloated and swelling and just not feeling like myself, if this is how you feel it is normal, you will stop feeling bloated and swelling and you will get thru it, but it seems to hit just when you think you are better and things quit hurting as bad, then all the sudden the being uncomfortable starts, at least it did with me, know it will pass also, it is just part of the surgery, you might feel a little better if you do wear compression garmet, I actually got attached to mine, best of luck............and you do look great
Thanks! Really appreciate words of experience!

poking stitch...

Just noticed a fish line end poking thru the mid center of my incision. Its not festered. Oh but I'll worry! Just snipped it (felt like I needed tin snips for that, thought stuff!). Had on in my bb but wasn't worried about it. Please don't open, please don't open....

Looking good!!!
Is your bb really red or is that just the pic? Mine is looking really grody, with dripping and oozing and very red around the healing area.
Ya it pretty red. I think mostly because of the cg bunching up rubbing it. The binder never makes it red. Still scabs in it too.

bb and beter lighting...

Uh? That looks weird! Lol! Hope it'll all even out. But even if it doesn't, its better than the roll I had pre TT. I'm sure it can be fixed.

I had a stitch poking out of my bb up until last night it broke itself off and came out. No openings near it :-) looking awesome though keep your head up and know its worth it in the end... or thats what I tell myself daily hehe
Thanks much! I know I'm fine, just will let my mind wander to the "what it's"... Really good to have it affirmed.
Don't worry about it I had one popped and it healed right up and I've three that I can see but they haven't came through I went over to the surgery this morning and had a nurse take a look and she said she Wundt take them out cos I'm healing well and there's no infection she said unless they poke through the only thing they'll do is snip them :)

hey where'd my pic go?

That's what happens when you boss interrupts your online posting... You forget pic..... Anyone know if I'll need a revision? I don't need a perfect bb. But when you do pay for it to be included.....

Take a look at my BB at first it was like a black rock and now at almost 12 weeks (3 months) it is turning out really cute. it goes thru some gruesome stages , don't worry it will be fine :)
Yes I saw yours! That's why I had to look at mine! :D I'm not worried about it. Was just wondering. I'm obsessed with TT results...

almost 3 weeks...

Progress pics to compare :D think by April's cruise I could in shorts and a bikini top most of it!

Very nice looking really hot
your scar looks great! awesome.
I'll say I am pleased with it! Thanks! Enjoy your morning coffee!

a better view...

I can look in the mirror 10 times, scrutinizing every angle, be so critical and overlook the "wow". I love posting pics and coming back to my review, reading and see the pics from a more objective frame of mind, and see my "wow". Of course, all the support helps here too! 3 weeks finally! I feel so fat this week. My calories have been high this week, so I'm beating myself up. Hanging in there! Hoping the 21st I'll be cleared to do more than walk. My belly is kind of softening up, everything is still stretching. I have a little brown spot that has about doubled in size. Today ends the first full week back at work. I can manage, might be a bit slow tho! I did give in am tell my manager just in case I needed some lienency. I have a coworker that keeps inquiring about my physical state. I have a gimpy back, and it really is achy, not lying. But I think my info was shared w him... I can't imagine anyone'd really notice. I ache all night unless I take a muscle relaxer.I think its probably more my back and lack of movement causing it. So glad we have this site. Love being able to read how every one was doing, where I am now, and am heading!

How are you feeling being back at work? All ok. I was tired and crabby. hahah.
Oh I'm fine at work. I find I give myself reason to take it easy. But, being back in the routine makes me forget I need to think about slowing down. How are you coming along at work? I'm on my feet off and on when there's work to be done. I can get my day done by 10 am easy. I'm ready to get back to cycling.
Your scar looks like it's healing nice ! Love your belly button!!

rubber band snap, ouch!

Wow, I just sat down and experienced what felt like some one snapping me with a rubber band in my left hip.... I suppose that's a temporary suture giving. One more week til I see my PS, I sure need a professional " everything's great"....

You look really good! Like that posted so many pics!
Thanks! If I don't document it I'll forget how far I've come!
You are looking so awesome!!

feel like my energy has stalled....

It is still to tight to stand straight. I should probably work on that, but was waiting until I saw the PS in 4 days for the go ahead. I have back spasms today. Maybe I'm still getting use to being on my feet at work. I just noticed the bb is looking more normal so I figured I'd share. Sleeping isn't such a chore any longer. I'm a back sleeper, but lay on my side to relieve the achy back. I have to be cautios rolling over, twisting isn't painless. My belly has been tender, and needs lotion. May get some chamois butt'r for it. Hubby is slim, 185 @ 6", and seems to have abdominal hernia. So his belly protrudes a little. He's concerned that my belly makes his look terrible and he need a tt now. Anyone's else have a spouse going thru this too? Mine thinks that he's the pretty one.

Your looking great !
Beautiful!!! Looking hot girl!!! :-)
You look so beautiful!!!!

miserable... just venting.

In a hurry this morning getting ready for work, the cg's I'd been wearing were all dirty. Spanx medium, oh I can be brave and wear it. It has shoulder straps that are digging in to me and are let all the way out. The crotch is chaffing me. It has a p hole, but really? That isnt possible and im not even trying that! I just haven't had much luck finding comfort in a cg. I should probably resign to wearing a large and be happy w it...No way I'm standing upright today...And its killing my back. Just yappin'...

Sorry you're struggling to be comfy ... It does sound like your cg might need to be slightly bigger. We don't need them digging into us! I have a crotchless cg (thought it was a bad idea at first but now I can't imagine not having it) however.... never tried spanx... still wearing my stage 2 and probably will until Xmas lol hang in there lady, you're looking good!!!! Giggling about your hubby.... or is he serious? Trying to be cute? If he's serious... oh oh .... you've started a trend? lol if he's trying to be cute, he's succeeded. ;)
Thanks for your kind words. I just had a break down o_O! Anyhow it was a good lesson for me. I need to accept my size because it fits, quit trying to be like all the skinny Minnie's out there in smaller cg's! I'm me. Think hubby just wants to hear his belly is fine and I accept it, he does think he's funny in the process. Hernia does need to be looked at tho.
Hope you get to feeling better

4 weeks today!

I'm doing good. The mr line is experiencing pins and needles, think that's a good sign? The 2 suture ends I had poking out have now revealed themselves to be suture knots. I wanted to cut them out but dh doesn't think I should. My next appointment is in a few days anyway. Neosporin and a bandage over it so I won't be tempted. I can feel knots all along the incision line now. If I run my finger along the right side of the scar it feels like I am touching to the right of my bb. Wierd nerve!

You should put any ointments on the wound do not cut it bacterial soaps and water .. it will fall off. I had lots of pleating and the same thing happened to me.
Typo alert! Another one lol I meant: Should not because they can actually cause a fungal infection that's what my ps office told me. I felt at time I needed to and was convinced not too.
Try a Marena second stage compression garnment ..they are breathable and easy yet compressing. My favorite is the mid thigh doesn't cut you at all. Hang in there it gets better :)

oops! idk y i do this...

I am not gonna lie, I hate shaving my legs... So I don't, very often. Here I am waiting at the PS office and I didn't shave again.... And my legs need lotion so bad :(
Their scale weight 4 lbs less than mine at home. I was warned it might weigh heavier than my home scale. So yippie! 126 today. Took after pics today too.

LOL!! You look great, hairy legs and all.
Thanks! u should have shamed me a little! I really gotta shave more often! I'm going to blame hubby, he just doesn't care!
As long as it was not a feet in stirrups kind of doctor visit I think you are okay.

scar treatment & 1 month post op...

I forgot I am only 4 weeks after TT. I can't get back to any workouts for 2-3 more weeks. Which is very logical, I need to be protected from myself. I'd have gotten out there and pushed myself into an injury No swimming yet either. Walk or eliptical or recumbent bike....PS said I'll look great scar will be great (may not have been his exact words, but that's what I heard). I'm not one for flattery but I couldn't help but to giggle feeling the truth in it ;)
I have interesting info on the scar treatment. Guess I'll try the scar guard until I can order the silicon strips, which I praying I'm not allergic to.
Okayed to give dh some "needed" attention as long as its tame and he's not putting his weight on me...*indifferent "oh boy"* he showering at the moment... Wonder y? its only 730pm.....hmm..I feel like a surfer in the movie Jaws.
The rubber band snap I had was likely a tempotary stitch. The lovely assistant cut my 2 rouge stitches out. I received some suggestion on my cg, Yea! Happy healing to all!

Looking good girl! In 3 months post op my scar is disappearing with the Biocorneum this is a must have! I purchased rid at my PS office about 130 worth every penny!
wow, awesome results! your scar is healing beautifully and i think your belly buttons looks like one of the most natural ones i've seen so far.
Aw thanks! It'll only get better!

5 weeks post op..

I still have back spasms but that may be related to my existing back ailments. I woke up the other day laying flat! So nice! This week I have ditched the corset cg for the pull up high waisted brief or high waisted boy shorts type. I have noticed less swelling in the upper abs and less pain, although I have been resting it a little more. I have horrible itching in the center of the incision late in the day, swelling? Not much else to report, all is well!

Wow no scar treatment and it looks so good!
You look fabulous
I'll look into it!

photo grid plug...

I don't know who's review I saw it on, but thanks for mentioning that there was an app for comparing or collaging photos. Thanks for mentioning it!

Have you tried glutamine powder or zinc tablets for healing?
No I haven't. But I do take zinc tablets and glutamine (& amino acids) in a pre work out/recovery supplement.
You look great! Im at 1 month too! & my doctor hasn't addressed my scar at all other than to rub it. I think Ill ask when I go next wk.

happier scar...

One day massaging and using bio oil. Already the scar feels smoother and is experiencing more sensitivity to touch. I'll post another Friday after using this a few more days. I hesitated even using the bio oil, glad I gave in. I also put it on a very small scar from a lipoma removal on my arm about 2 months pre TT, and its about half as purple as it was already.

You look great!! So thin! And your scar is really coming along! :)
I am glad the bio oil is working for you. Might you share what brand you are using, please? Thanks so much!
I think bio oil is the brand?

just foolin' around...

So I roll over to get up after rubbing my scar w oil and look what I saw! Lol! I know its not "real", yet! Hopefully I'll stay motivated where I will look something like this standing up! Told dh " look! That's a real tummy omg! Eeee!!!". Then had to explain having kids so long ago, feeling like a pumpkin for so long! So nice to see a "real" tummy!

Wow you are looking so great and your scar looks fantastic! Where did you buy the bio oil? I need to get some!
Walgreens has it, I've also seen it at CVS.
I found mine at Walmart it was on sale too :) (Can't use it yet though)

bio oil

I've been using it on my scar and a small one on my arm from a lipoma removal a few month prior to the TT. The lipoma scar has become sensitive to touch and pinches in a weird way. TT scar seems to be experiencing something similar. If i rub it, the sensations go away. Just FYI for everyone.

You look great!
Lol ur so funny the fing cutting u off!! Did u know u can get kelo cote on perscription fro ur regular doctor !!! X
I didn't know that. Its available over the counter. No script needed. My PS just gave me a run down of common treatments and some background research on them.

6 weeks

I'm in my spanx! I've gained 3 pounds, but will be getting serious about it. The bio oil seems to do a wonderful job. The pain I had on the lipoma removal might have been attributed to me rubbing it. It was deep against a nerve and I possibly could have pushed scar tissue against it. Hubby ordered me a bike trainer so I can ride without the risk of falling off my bike. Lol! I can't sit up from laying down yet, but I think I barely could before the TT. PS offce said i could work on lifting more weight slowly, carrying stuff. Think I could work on sitting up a bit??? Not sit ups, just think I'm going to try to engage my core a little here and there.

I'm using bio oil too with cocoa butter . My PS nurse gave me bio dermis silicone strips which I use at night. I love the bio oil though!!
You look great girly!!!
congrats on hitting your first milestone!

scar treatment progress..

I am amazed how the scar has responded to the bio oil and silicone strips. These pics are first thing in the morning so they are extraordinarily light.

Your scar is getting light . You look great !
WOW. OK, please tell me what exact protocol you are following for the scar treatment and when you began it. My scar was not that light after my TT after even 6-mos!!!
I've been putting bio oil on it in the evening after my shower, then silicone strip (spyrex) over it all night and thru the next day. I take it off a few hours before my shower or may wear it up to shower time. I don't rub it as often as I should. Its hard to get to during the day. I think its just that light because its first thing in the AM. Hope this helps!

morning and evening comparison.

The scar is lightening up, just don't want to mislead anyone as to how light it might not be. Trying to keep it real! The T is hard to one side. Since I don't have anything to worry about I'm going to worry that this is abnormal, even tho I've had this hardness under other incisions :D

Crazy how this procedure will drive you nutz!

I think it looks really light now.....consider how it looked before surgery--enjoy life!
You look awesome!

its official....

I'm allergic/sensitive to all adhesives.. Suppose I'll continue with the bio oil and wear the silicone strips untaped at night only... This kind of rash will take 2 months to heal. I'll try some steroid cream to encourage it along.

Looking good girl! what are you using now that you're allergenic?
Thanks! Im using Bio oil and the silicone strips at night without tape.
Wow your scar looks great!!!

7 weeks

I managed to get out and run this week. That went surprisingly well. The weather will be good enough to bike today for the first time. The only concern I have this week is the swelling above my bb, least I hope its swelling. I wore a compression tank (spanx) thinking it would help my back, maybe the band on the cg was aggravating it. By the end of the day the swelling was distinct. And of course its sore in that area, but there is a lot
of healing with the tt. Ive seems the swelling above the bb on other reviews before my tt, of course now I can't find anyone with it. So if you have or come across a review please let me know. I go back Dec 2nd and plan on not over doing it just in case its something.

oh man, your scar is looking seriously amazing for only two months post; i'm sure it'll be nearly invisible by your anniversary. good job with the scar therapy!
healing wonderfully
I will bet it felt good to go for a run, although maybe not so good afterwards? Two more weeks and I can go back to vigorous exercise!!!

never a real issue with swelling until now...

Ugh, that about sums it up, "UGH"! Up side I bought 6 new dresses for April cruise, I didn't own any. Biked today, feel really swollen, even in my hands.. Morning weight is still ~127, 130ish day before sx. Gave in to prescription antiinflammatory for my back- what took me so long? Still slightly obsessed with bump above bb, "slightly" lol! Is that even possible? Hope everyone's doing well!

hi Dijon: you're looking great in that dress! And I'm four months now, and while I still have swelling on long days or after hard workouts, it's so much less than it was, so perhaps patience is the key here. Hang in there, and you're looking great!
Loved your review so far and you look FANTASTIC! Have you taken your measurements recently? How much has your waist gone down in inches? I know I'm only a week out, but I can't stand the swelling. I tried my pre-op pants on (size 8) and they won't button. My waist is up 2 inches in size. Yes, I know, I'm only a week out! :)
Hey wouldn't worry 2much about dress size I went fro A size 8 to a 10& I'm near 11 wks amy s33:-(

8 weeks eve...

My focus this weeks has shifted to getting back to my work outs. Which is really hard since its been cold and I like to be outside and I like to sweat! I hate the cold. I have set a goal to run everyday from now (well maybe tomorrow lol!) til Jan 1st, thank RW for the inspiration. My abs still have pain in the top right. But after my first cardio class its not any worse, (my butt and calves are feeling it!). hopefully its just a persistant nerve. Ive noticed a little less swelling in the hips! Hooray! Take care everyone!

Good for you! You look great, and regular workouts are going to make you feel even better!
I think you are right about that!
Looking good love!

week 8 quick pics...

Just a few under the fluorescent lighting at work. Everything seems to be more visible than under the lights at home.

Congrats on 8 Weeks Yahoo!! you look terrific :)
aww thanks!
what I noticed is that my scar would go from lighter to darker at times, I think it is just part of the healing process, I am trying to workout at least 5 times a week if not more, did 3 miles today on treadmill with incline, I hate the cold also, I do so much better when it is warm, you seem to be doing great, you go girl.

holiday jingle..and no jiggle

you know you've just had a TT when "jingle bell time is a swell time" makes you think about your Real Self friends...

Your scar is so thin u can barely see it, u look great!!
Thanks! I'm not sure its anything I could have done. I am going to ask the ps if its his work or my genitics! Lol! Whadda think he'll say?
Lmao mmm so true x

maximizing resukts, staying healthy...

First off let me say Thanks to Amys33! I want to stay in shape and even get in better shape, as most of us here do. I have been enlightened to the ziz zag calorie cycling plan. Which is something I had felt was the best way to eat, eating exactly the same everyday seemed too predictable, causing a plateau. Which it apparently does! There are calculators out there to help you/ me get started when its time.

btw..

That also includes a work out burn. Dont starve your self! I plan on eating "all" I want and burning to the calorie goal..

You look fantastic! I'm inspired by your story. I'll be on my way on Wednesday. I'll be thinking of all the amazing post pictures I've seen here ;) I'll be the same you were wanting to play with the kids and doing more around the house. But I guess we will have to take it slow and be patient too.
Thanks! Good luck to you! I'll pop over and check out your review too!
Oh, forgot to mention that your scar is MUCH lighter than mine. Mine's been the same for weeks, light on one side and still a deep purplish red on the other side. I'm two months post op today.

cardio uh oh...

Made it to another cardio class, *sigh*.. Bike, hooray!, abs, boo! My ab partner turned out to be a local doctor. She told me "uh no abs!" After I answered a few key questions...I did a little and am already sore. I have a feeling it'll take me a year to get any ab/core strength. Signed up for a 5k this Saturday, I may die..

Good luck with the 5k.. MFP helps a lot.
no abs for 6 months or so.. you have to wait till your PS tells you. You look so great girl!!
Uh oh! I might have missed that info! I think I was advised start slow on the work outs and said I can lift as I like as long as I'm not over doing it. I carry 40-60 pounds daily at work and thats not been a problem.. I will lay off the ab work tho! Too uncomfortable! Thanks for the info, I thought I was suppose to be back at it!

9 weeks

Swelling is about all I have to report... Its turned cold so I'm gonna have to run the 5k to escape the he cold.. Brrrr! I couldn't manage to make myself get in a cg last night before bed since I was so uncomfortable. I did wrap a neoprene thing around me and it worked great. Swelling was so much better this morning. I'm back to being uncomfortable already tho.

Congrats looking awesome hang in there!!! swell hell comes & goes but we'll concur it:) Where about in Oklahoma are you? Yea another okie tt buddy:)
Wow lookin gr8!!
Thanks for recording your journey! My surgery is scheduled for December 17th, and like everyone else, I'm frantically reading about everyone's experiences so I have some idea of what to expect. I'm a fitness fanatic, so I think not working out will be one of the hardest parts of my recovery. You look great! I'm so reassured to see how everyone goes through such similar experiences, just so that when I come up against a hurdle, I'll know that it's not abnormal... I'm a worrier. I'm so glad you posted about the process the entire way through. You look great at your 9 weeks post op! Love love love the part about zig-zagging calories. I already do this somewhat, but I'm going to look online for one of the calculators you suggested. I'm a big believer in this so you don't hit a plateau. I would like to lose about 8 more lbs. before surgery just to compensate for not being able to get to the gym for a month post-op! Keep posting! Love reading about your success and progress! You look fabulous!

more 9 week swelling pics...

I really want to look at these pics a month from now and see an improvement. Not that I'm diaspointed, just feel so swollen. Does anyone recognize this a swelling or weight gain? I know I'm obsessing... Ya know as I load these pics I see some difference, but I wonder if what I feel as swelling is really the return of some sensation, and swelling..opinions?

Try lymphatic message
I had a massive poo. LOL! Jus bn honest.. I switched vitimans and I guess I hey had things moving a little slow...
I had to come read your profile! Lol. I have to sat I didn't have a big problem with swelling. I did have a lot of upper bloating in my stomache. When I started working out, doing Zumba, I'd wear those exercise shorts that make you sweat. It helped with support. I was doing really good...till I had lipo. So now 3 weeks later, I'm ready to get back to working out. I have to wait one more weak, and the holidays aren't helping! Anyway, I hope your swelling goes away soon. I'm sure your watching your sodium intake and all that fun stuff! Lol

false alarm - blonde moment...dont judge

Ok maybe I wasnt as swollen as I thought. I found a new multi vitiman, and happened to run out of Greek Yogurt (I think I'm the only one round here that buys it- its often out of date on the shelf.. Hunt for it..) No yogurt for 5ish days minus gallbladder plus new vitimans= slower moving bowels. Ate yogurt last night and ran. Skipped breakfast and had fatty lunch (tuna & mayo) then "moved" towards normal..
So really sorry, all this whining and I just forgot to stay on top of yogurt and maybe space the vitimans out more gradually over a few weeks.
Iz so happy I ate 1/3 a pecan pie! Happy Thanksgiving ladies! I'm rather thankful for all of you!

I do think since we have flatter bellies we notice when we are swollen more, hope all stays well, I love greek yogurt, happy thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I just felt so bloated and assumed it was tt related..
I think your scar looks amazing!!! So light, it seems as that the bio oil helped quite a bit in just those 3 days...is that your verdict too? Keep healing!! You look awesome!

10 weeks..

Doing good, a little neurotic as usual. Lol! Swelling and bloating have abated. I felt skinny enough today to get on the scale, 129.. Oh well. I'll just roll with it. I feel good so who cares what today's number is. I am comfortably in my levi 6's. Soon the old Navy and 6's will go in the "fat" drawer, maybe, hopefully. They are comfy, but dont stay up. Upper right MR is sharp stabs again, cramps/spasms. And bothered me most the night. I assume its from my run yesterday. Abs feel tired and tight. Will rest today.

You look fabulous! Hope I get there soon! And NO complaining about 129! I'd love to see that low number! Keep up the great work!
Thanks.. 129 isnt bad, esp when I was stuck at 138 for the longest time. I did see 126 about week 4 was sure hoping to stay there! .
you'll get back there before you know it! I have heard the weight goes down a lot after month 3....when you can exercise semi normal again and swelling subsides:) hang in there!

just funnin'

Ive run 10 miles this week. That more than Ive run in any given week in 7+ years. I can tell the fat is getting softer, looser. We ran at the Y even tho its super nice today so dh's asthma was less likely to flare up indoors. My cg was sweaty so I left it off. Playing w the fat roll on the ride home, lol! One day itll be a memory...

Awesome work! Keep up the running- it will melt that fat right off!! You look great and your scar is looking good too.
Thanks for the encouragement! I can tell already the fats melting away. I did have to switch from a 1/2 marathon plan to a beginner 10k plan because my calf is uncooperative.
did your doc have any problem with you running? anyway glad you are doing well and are able to run, good for you !

pecan pie diet...

I'm really hoping the right side develops similar definition to the left. Thats kinda normal, idk why all the muscles on the left have more definition.

I would love to know your measurements now. Your waist is very nicely defined. You must be thrilled! Looking good and keep up the great workouts!!!
Thanks! I'm not real impressed with my measurements I was kinda waiting until all the swelling is gone and Ive lost 10 pounds! Lol! My waist is about 33.5 just above the bb, 31 at the smallest circumference. Think I'm down about half an inch around my hips. And am about an inch or better around the ribs at the bra.
Happy Sunday my friend! ☺

2.5 month follow up with ps...

I can swim! Excersize as I feel comfortable, think that means I can attempt what I like and use my discression on what's comfortable. Was so funny, doc wanted to see my belly and I'm yammering away and look down and he's got his finger in my bb noting how its softening up... I didn't even feel it...was weird! I love the scale there, its always 2-3 pounds less than mine. The girls admired the way my pants fit.... Eeeeee! Said I was cute, lol! Love the approval of other women! I have no female relationships- I'm socially dysfunctional.. But I like it that way, sometimes...lol! My bubble above the bb is swelling/normal. Doc said I look good (i held it together, didn't squirm outwardly like a school girl). Said my healing was good, thanked me for doing my part. Iz like what? I didn't do anything! But apparently I did. Wish I knew what it was so I can continue.....

compression..

I forgot to add that he suggested if stay in compression a bit longer. I'm okay with that. As you can see from the previous pic I'm swollen, crazy how it varies from week to week...

Your lucky! No extra skin! When I lay on the side I have extra skin. Or when I bend over ;(
Mines softening up and I'm starting to see a little fat roll. And I do see it bending over and sitting now. But thats nothing a little excersize can't fix. I was looking at female athletes and they all still have some natural looseness in the abdomen (unless they had
Humm? Half a post? Unless thy had

Real Friends Rewards Program...

Hooray! Got my rewards gifts! So cool to have a little gift from real self! Thanks!!

Love your ab definition! You should take some side shots ;-) and frame them!! I can't wait to fast fwd and be at 3 months! Thanks for sharing your progress. It helped! Have a great weekend!
Thanks! I was thinking about pics... Hubby says I'm obsessed and looking all these women will turn me gay, lol! So iz hafta sneak a few! I really need to get motivated and sure I'd have an awesome sexy belly!

Ive lost track of weeks po...

Must be time to start counting months! I'm closing in on 3. Here some quick pics. Not early morning, but early afternoon because I've done nothing today but lay around, so its just like first am pics. I am still in compression. I half heartily use bio oil. I'm just getting lazy...I feel like I'm ready to work out a little more. Think this week I'll incorporate weight training and test the abs a little. My legs look like hot dogs, so sad.. I tried to sneak pics because dh says I'm obsessed with naked women and I must be developing lesbian tendencies... I dont believe I am, but so what if I did? Lol! Of course, He walked in and caught me grabbing pics. Last week my ps said over the next month the scar will darken, begin to itch and start to fade over the next year. Happy healing all!

forgot scar..

Doesn't bother me at all. Its tight when I run or bike or go to cardio. But I get use to it about 15 minutes in. The first few times I got back to working out I itched all over. It was horrible itching esp. my crotch, ugh try to stay focused in the gym and not dig at your swelling! I googled it and if your active your body grows more capillaries to oxygenate your working muscles. When you take a break the capillaries atrophy since they are not used. So when you get back at it the itching you feel is the capillaries returning to function. Only lasts a few workouts but its intense! Just FYI.

Found this: http://www.realself.com/question/tummy-tuck-swelling-3-months-normal
As much as I hate swelling, I would rather deal with it than my huge belly and skin prior to surgery. I really think you look fantastic!!!
I agree! I'll deal with swelling for 10 years to trade away the old belly! Thanks! I think if I get some excersize I'll feel better. Maybe I'm being critical! Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!

3 months today...

Three months and I feel like I should look like some version of a super model, why not? some of you do! Lol! I feel like a slug. I have this persistent bulge above my bb that is causing an obsessive fear theres something wrong.. My ps said it was swelling, I can't feel a seperation and does appear to be swelling with pad of fat over it. So, I continue to remind myself I need to get back to a workout routine. Idk if I'm lazy or some things wrong w me. I may visit my gp and complain about chronic tiredness. Sometimes my back won't let me sleep, which is likely the culprit. I take iron and B and a multi, And I try to plenty of drink water..

I too feel I should have better results, so I am scheduled for a revision. Happy holidays!!!
Good luck with your revision! I'm not unhappy with mine, I just wanna look like Lucy Lu without any effort! Or by eating pecan pie everyday! You see "Bruce Almighty"? Where one woman loses weight on the krispy kreme diet!
merry christmas dearie

normal...

Each passing week I'm feeling more and more normal. My abs are ok, feel stronger and up to small challenges. My swelling is down, seems to be mostly PMS swelling more than tt swelling. I think Ive fired up my metabolism by eating plenty of calories. I have found a piloxing class I am going to try. So I'm ready to trim down a few pounds without starving myself, (thanks again Amy!) I am looking forward to a bikini, love the way blue looks against my skin, even tho green is my favorite. Maybe I'll find something with both colors. Tan belly will be awesome! Love my belly! I use to sit around and pinch the flabby lose skin, now I just rub my cute abs and giggle!

Just read your latest update from the 27th! I'm so glad the eating is working out for you. I live by the phrase 'eat more to lose more'. Sounds crazy, but it works....and now you know! Are you still zig-zagging? Today is my high day!
I still do the zig zag in an unplanned way. I still have 2 days up, 2 down and the 3 mid. I am just doing it as I feel rather than forcing it and it works well with my workout schedule. The scale isnt moving but I can see a change in my flanks and through the chest. Progress! I need to post a pic since all is looking better!
I kind of do the unplanned way as well, but I always allow Wednesdays to be my super high day :) Yes, post new pics!

happy new year!!

I made it to a tabata at a class this week. My butt and legs are sore and my abs are fine. I felt like I had more control in my moves, stronger, like everything has learned to work together. I swelled up like Willy Wonka's blueberry Violet. A few pics because I feel very unswollen! Still working on losing a bit of the flank fat! Happy 2014 ladies!

Hey hot momma, how've ya been?! xx
your results look great congrats!
Looking great!

holiday weight wait...

Ok so waiting for the holiday weight to go isn't really a good plan. The evening of the first I herniated a disc while taking an innocent shower. Just jerked the wrong way and couldn't put weight on my left. But, everything seems to be calming down, just mananaging muscle spasms and the aches that accpmpany such trauma. I bought a bullet thing to "juice", it just purees everything, not an extractor. Love it so far.
By belly wise I'm doing fine. I'm at 128, which isnt a bad number. I have a small frame and am not tall. You can really see the excess fat in these pics. I hope to be about 120 by April's cruise. My scar itches often and have been using more bio oil than the previous month. The scar does seem to be fading slowly. It also seem to be lower, i esp notice it in the front. My bumps and tightness are slowly disapating. I still have knots under my scar and a few sutures knots just under the skin that are taking their time dissolving/spitting. Happy healing to everyone! Hope your 2014 is a beautiful year! Any one else notice 2/14!? I think of it as a year of love, but 2/14 is the best break up day ever, so break up with your old self! Lol!

dad gummett....pics!

I feel like such a chunky butt... Lol!

Our eyes deceive us cus u r not big at all u look great
You look good!
You look awesome and certainly don't look "chunky"!

the "chunky" pic...

Here's not so flattering pic I forgot to Include. This I why I think I need to lose a few pounds. And ugh, from behind, is not so pretty compared to my super awesome belly!

And a pic of my cat eating chicken food. Just for funz!

I think that might be swelling. Are you due soon? My period causes crazy swelling!
Ya, it could be. I started a bit early and the bloat came after it. Crazy... I'm hoping if I incorporate regular excersise it'll be more manageable.
You are looking great!!!

first real ab work out

I made it to a cardio class yesterday and did biking. We did crunches, throw downs, butt raises and full sit ups reaching thru your legs . I did ok the first set. 2nd- not so hot. I'm not sore. But my bb feel like its tugging apart and the mr is stretched. But really my abs feel more normal after a bit of a work out. I laughed so hard earlier and my abs actually felt much like they did before the tt.

Yeah I think you're still swollen. I was still swelling at 4 months PO. I'm 1 year PO and still swell if I overdo it on a meal or something. You could try the shakes that I use…they are meal replacement….help with fat loss as well as swelling. I lost over 100 pounds using them, and they taste like cake batter no joke. Just email me if you want the website where I buy them :) Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the info! I try to drink muscle milk for breakfast and have recently started juicing of a sort. I just new to learn to skip morning sausage and bisicuts with my co workers!
Wow, full sit up! Right now just the thought makes my tummy hurt. I'm not sure I like this mfp app. It says I have to eat 1200 calories, so I changed it to 2000 cuz there's no way I can remain human eating only 1200 calories. So it says, if I eat this much with my workouts, I would gain 6 pounds in 5 weeks !! Crazzzzy! Lol

feeling skinny..

The bb bulge has gone! I have been using an inversion table for my back this last week and I did and ab work out and I'm on steroids. So I can't say if anything in particular has helped it. I do suspect its the inversion table, stretching the knotted muscles along with the ab workout. I feel like hunting a 2 piece today...

pics

Idk y I could attach them with previous post. I'll try later.

:-)
Looking and sounding great!!!
Have you tried the Lift app yet? I noticed you were talking apps earlier in the discussion. Lift is a great habit building app; it keeps me on the straight and narrow with diet and workouts (and checking Facebook once a day etc). You can define habits or use the ones that others have made. It's pretty cool. Thought I'd just suggest it. {{hugs}}

pics

here's the photos I couldn't upload a few weeks ago. my gallery/camera had an update and the directory seems to have changed. My belly's doing fine. I still need to step up my workouts, blame it on the extreme cold. My scar still feels tight and itches in the center. My son's GF said I was skinny. A great compliment from a 17 year old sexy Lucy Lu look alike. I am working on eliminating gluten and soy from my diet. It been less than a week and I'm not as disaplined as I will be after a few more weeks of reconditioning my habits. I ate 4-5 croissants last night. One as I was laying in bed all curled up, pathetic... Lol! I'm on a squat mission. And have now developed a persistent twitch in my butt along the SI muscle. My scar is still rather redred. Hope everyone is doing great!

Hey I love your review in how you keep it so real! Your workouts are bringing results. You are looking skinny and flat in your last pic. I too had packed on 5-6 pounds and for me they go all in the midsection (TT didn't change my redistribution :-)..). Good to see we are normal ppl :-). Have a great weekend! Off to a run!
Aw thanks for the compliment! I am ready for a run today with my newest gadget! But we still have ice on the ground.. I'll have to hit the mill... Or eliptical...I feel since your running today I can too!
You do look skinny!! your scar looks nice and flat and it seems to be lightening up. I've been really good on the exercise but I've also been binging! I've gained 2 pounds so far! ugh.

today's pics

Sorry for all the typos. Either My phone or my cold fingers are having issues today. I didnt intend to post 2 pics of the same angle. My last cardio class involved a lot of jumping and hopping. I need to do kegal excersises... And remember to wear a pad to cardio!

Hello my Okie TT buddy!! Just saying hey & looks like spring may b among us soon. fingers & toes crossed :)
oh i hope so! I'm ready to shuck the sweaters!
You are looking amazing girl! So tiny an curves!!! I am sure it's all swelling just like all of ours. I keep saying how can I have gained this weight??? But it has to be swelling is all .... I love how you stated you need a pad for cardio well I have a hard time making it through an hour of Zumba - I have thought of the same thing- seems like I am always the one who has to pee an there are older gals than me lol!! Maybe my 68-78 ounces of water a day might be an issue? I have never seen 128 or even 150 - lowest weight I seem to get to is 160 an I a built wide so I wouldn't want to be tiny but a girl would like to see some hard work show off ya know!!!! You look fabulous!!!

5 months post

I am in old navy size 4 jeans, hooray! I found out the waist is the same in the 4 & 6's, its the butt and legs that are different, boo! So I'd just been wearing the wrong size all along, lol! Ive gained a bit of weight. Was 126 a few weeks after sx, 130 before now about 132.. So no pics until I'm down a bit. My MR above my bb is sensitive and does better in compression.. which I hate because it irritates my lady parts. So I'll hunt some compression tanks for day use and save the spanx for night. I can flex all my abs, my back seems to be finally adjusting to the additional core support of properly places abs, big HOORAY there! I'm desperate for a work out buddy, & a shopping buddy as I embrace my new girl-ish identity. My belly and scar still itch quite a bit with this dry cold air. The scar is still rather red too. Hope everyone is doing great! Wish all super results!

I can see how much your scar is lightening too, are you still doing massage?. I still get that sensitivity you are talking about too at 4 months. Bring on the one year mark!
Hey my Okie buddy, your doing awesome & our summer weather is slowing approaching :) hugs!!
I just re-read your review. Your surgery was the day after mine. Your scar seems to have faded more than mine. Good for you for maintaining your weight! You look awesome!

6 months mark!

I ran down to see my PS today, probably for the last time ever. I'm gonna miss him and his staff. I wanna do it all over again, they were always so supportive and pleasant. *sigh* LOL! Funny I should miss that relationship! I won't miss the 2 1/2 hour drive one way. Of course he said I looked great, really glad he didn't say I needed "hippo-suction" like my husband said I would if I kept eating the way I do and laying around everyday! I have done okay this last 2-3 weeks and been more active. Got a new saddle for my bike so maybe I can up the miles and get ready for the Hotter'N Hell (Wichita falls, TX) road ride in August, you comin'? LOL! I mentioned the tender area above my bb that still swells. He touched it and it turned white, said thats still inflammation. And my scar is coming along. Still pinkpink and itchy, but that will change. I can do everything that I had been doing before the tt. I am still numb and like I said, have tenderness/weirdness along the MR, esp about the naval. I'm about 129, and plan on getting a little leaner this summer. Pics are after a long day in the truck, chasing bike shops, coffee, Egyptian food and clothes for my daughter.. And did Google maps send us to an erroneous address? Or have a terrible time thru the crazy Ft. Worth construction? Uh Ya.. Love Google but smeesh what a long day and I hate that navigators voice. It told me to go west, i yelled at it "i dont know which way is west!" It said "turn right". did it hear me? LOL! Loves y'all!

By the way, that bike ride sounds fun!! And yeah, it will be hotter 'n hell at that time.....geesh!! Gotta love Texas heat, lol. Hope my tummy is ready for the boat by then! ;)
I'm sure it will be! Long summers and I was ready to be out 12-16 weeks easy. I wasn't cleared to swim til month 4 I think. But seems that a long time compared to others. I plan on stopping at every water station and bragging about how I'm braving the heat, LOL!
Wow. I love your results! You look so good. I'm so happy for you and your story. Thanks for sharing!

morning pics..

I can feel such a difference from evening to morning..

So I have found what works for inflammation!!!! Sure wish I found it earlier:)
LOL! Time and constant compression here!
I found a liquid that contains a natural Fucoidan and fights cancers too! its amazing. So excited & want to share and help others feel better too! I did lots of research with the medical studies for months. hugs hugs

almost 7 months

Quick pics

almost 7 con't...

well as you can see there doesn't seem to be much difference. I can see a bit of improvement though- really need to get moving! We have a cruise next week and I am mortified at the thought of wearing the bikini bottom. It doesn't cover my scar and i sure need to lose a but more. SO back up plan is to wear the swim shorts. I am still numb-ish along the MR, still esp above the bb where i still have the little bulge. But it is an awesome trade for the twin skin! And there is always hope it will smooth out and not feel so weird. The scar is still tight. I had to open up 2 suture bubbles last week. Was just like a powder-ish goo. Can not wait to lose a bit or things to be un-swollen (which ever it is) so i can see my hip bones again.

LOL!

"but" more? must have been a Freudian slip. *bit more*.

Looking good! Have fun on your cruise!
Yay! Your cruise is coming! You know what's funny, is that even though I bought a new gorgeous bikini for the summer this year, if I was going on a cruise I would still wear my one piece because I know how much food I would be eating (and all the bloating that would come after!) :-) Yay for us for getting rid of twin-skin (I call it that too) ☺
I bought a couple VS bikinis and really don't think I'll wear the bottoms. So I just gave one to my sons girl friend. I will just wear shorts and the top I think. But, now that u mention it, I might just pack my one piece. Looks like AF is coming along. Boo! DH says I cant swim n the ocean cuz sharks will get me. *sigh* really? Too much food and AF? I'll need a moo moo!

post cruise

We ate sensibility and stayed active and I actually lost a bit on the cruise. Hooray! Of course I've dropped my calories to less than a 1000/day (getting desperate to lose a few pounds). Warm weather is here so I will be able to get out more and cable dropped one of our channels that allows me to sit as soon as I get home from work and not work out. I really miss the cruise life style. Eat when ever,no shopping, always veggies and fruits and lean meats. Always something to do and stairs to climb.. Spoiled myself with dysport and restalyne treatments. DH got some lovely cream for his dark circles- works amazingly well! I'll get a pic up soon, my upper abs are looking great (so encouraged)! I'm still 129.4 but can see and feel a difference like I've lost 2-3 pounds. I tried the crunch machine on the ship. I couldn't do it, even with no weight- boo. DH helped me some and I think my above bb bulge could be weakness. It seems better, but I did lose a bit... Focusing on core as much as I can... My scar is still pink/red and has been raised at times and itches... Figure the itching is nerves. Happy healing everyone! Promise pics soon!

I read your story. Thank you so much for sharing!!! Congratulations... you look amazing!!!
Looking great!!!
So glad you had a blast and that you are doing well. I had to laugh at you when you said you hate your boobs, I said the same thing this weekend. Will we ever be happy girl? Lol

pics

After a 4 mile hike in the 90°heat.. Motivation!

Looks good! I finally started to work out again. My abs get really sore. & oh of course dealing with the swelling !
Same here. My abs are fine below my bb while above I still have this pulling and stinging. I'm gently encouraging them to do a little more. I feel like I'm ready for a core work out though! I still love how trim you are!
Have checked ou your BB and am somewhat reassured that mine will eventually look better. Graet that you've been able to maintain your weight,

(*shutter* ew! ) 8 month update!

As my profile loads and I see the before pic I feel the return of the "oh gross, *crying* why?" And it fades quickly like a bad dream.... *relief*. I still look at my belly EVERYTIME I go to the bathroom. DH still thinks I'm obsessed. I am. MR weirdness is getting better. Scar itches and is a bit raised, baby oil seems to do fine for it. Its also still rather pink/red. When I run (which isn't often enough) the scar area swells and feels uncomfortably tight. I've added a pic of my persistent bb bulge. I shall work on naming it, seems its just a part of me. Most days its not as noticeable. I managed to drop a pound or two and notice its a bit smaller. But does feel muscle-y. I actually can feel the horizontal separations in my abs- just in case I ever get lean enough to have a 4-6 pack I now know that my abs are symmetrical. Way cool! LOL! Hope everyone's doing lovely!

You look great even with you after workout bulge! It's no skin apron that's for sure!! Love how active you are, keep up the hard work you really do look amazing and :)
Aw thanks! I have found that losing a bit has helped. So I really think its a fat pad maybe from the MR. I'm skinnier but weigh the same! Hooray muscle! I've been lazy lately.. Lots goings on. Yes, No apron at all. I can lean over an mush a bit of a roll out, wow! Thanks for posting. I'll up date in a bit. Crazy time right now.
Hi !!! Ok, so I get that bulge ABOVE my belly button for a couple hours after I run. It's also where I bloat the worst when it's PMS time (joy!). I think you look fabulous and I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I also have an itchy scar and muscle weirdness. I'll be 7 months out on June 6th. Hard to believe we're that far out, ya know? :-)

how time flies...

Change is slow this far out. I'm down to 124 this morning. I think it may be a joke my scale is playing on me. Tomorrow it'll be 135 or something. MR is still tight/odd feeling. Scar is starting to fade. I can see a thin white scar in sections in the early AM. The tender weird place above my bb is getting better. Rubbing it seems to help, so I'm convinced its a nervey nerve. My scar is still itchy and tight when I run, sometimes. Sometimes its no reason at all that I'm consumed by the intense itch touching only makes worse in a public place. Hope everyone had a safe 4th! My poor dogs thought it was a war zone!

You look awesome!!
Looking great as usual!

real pics

My bb and itchy hypertrophic scar segment. Really my bb isnt too bad, seems rather small. For the scar i'm trying silicone taping at night and baby oil after showers, mostly to remind me to massage it. I'll see how long I can use any tape before I break out in a rash.. Advice welcome!

you are looking great, my bb is super small too lol.. and my scar is dark but i know it will be like this because black peoples scars stay dark...
Thanks! If your like me, the scar is a better than the loose flab! I'm supprised how red mine is still. 11 months post now. Hope your doing well! I need to check on everyone. I've been so busy lately moving and getting settled.
Looking great my dear! Hope you're all settled down and found some new bike routes! I've started running in the morning but some days I'm just too lazy so I go to yoga those evening after work. Yeah, work interferes with the workout schedule eh?

1 year (minus 12 days)...

I am super pleased with my results. My scar is still very noticeable, kind of a dark red/pink and hypertrophic in the front. I initially allowed myself to do the TT to help support my degenerative lumbar spine and weak core. (Ya, no lie- glad to get rid of saggy twin skin!) It has absolutely helped, and allowed me to get to a place where I am able to productivity incorporate exercise. I anticipate that this next year will allow me to be stronger and manage my back more effectively. Couldn't have done it without my TT sisters, ya know! I'm down to 125 Tish. Goal is 115. Don't freak- I am very small framed and less weight on my back would be ideal. I used a cycling calculator that took in to account my measurements and my ideal body fat, think it was ~18%. My Y membership was up for renewal and I couldn't justify it with chronic diarrhea. So I went to my doc and no surprise, I have IBS. No gallbladder. New meds are great. I can eat and no more panicked "runs" to the potty. Dh is loving trips to town now that I don't have to go NOW! BUT NOT IN THAT GAS STATION! EW LOL! Idk how many times I barely made it, or didn't!

1year lazy pics

Of course I hit submit before adding my pics... My silly daughter has jury duty and agoraphobia. I was offering my support via text as I was trying to update on my cell...
I decided that my bump above my bb was overdeveloped muscle (LOL, optimism) from being stretched and strengthening out of place muscles.
Also noticed wrinkly stretch skin on upper abs when I bend over or tighten up. No worries.
All pics are early in AM.

Can you have that bit of scar revised, or will it go away on it's own? Looking great!!! You have a very nice shape!
Thanks! I believe I can have it revised. But I think in time it will go away and just be a wider scar. There's no guarantee it wouldn't happen again any how. I may ask my gp about it next visit. I think there is a steroid cream that may help.
You're STILL looking awesome! I see that your vertical scar hasn't lightened up the same way mine has but I'm sure that with time it will fade. It obviously takes longer for some people, probably depending on the tension on the incision. I probably wasn't tightened as much as you! Good job with the weight loss!. I've gained a few pounds but if I just stay away from eating bread I'll lose it again. I'm 5' 10" and if I can maintain a wt. of about 145 pounds I'll be happy.

a year past...

I actually had a suture fester the other day. Crazy! I've decided to focus more on building some muscle and not fight the scale for a number.

The last photo of your hyper trophic scar....is that a recent photo--how it looks now??? You must have had lots of tension on your incision. My scar (4 ½ months post op) is completely flat and fading day by day. However, I'm not convinced that I'm as tight as some of you as that tight feeling that I used to feel seems to be gone. The only difference I feel (since before I ever got tucked) is the numbness below my BB which I expect will last forever. You continue to look great!!
Yes, thanks! The photo is one from this week. It seems to be slowly calming down, not at itchy as it has been. I also have a hypertrophic segment on my left hip. I do still feel tight, often like a belt is against me. And my bb is itchy still. I may just be a super slow healer. I wonder if it has anything to do with my chronic back condition. I may just have a lot going on. Or like you said, I may have been super tight. Most others by a year out seem to have a less angry scar.
I rather doubt that the way you've healed from your tummy tuck surgery is related to your chronic back condition. You're lucky that you still feel tight as it's an indication of having been pulled down maximally which has me thinking that I could perhaps have been pulled down even tighter. Oh well, it is what it is for me and I'm not about to ask my surgeon about it. Our tummy tuck scars are usually covered up and it's better to have a scar than a bulging belly which no clothes can hide well enough! Still, reading up on hypertrophic scars I've decided that I should not have a facelift because I don't want hypertrophic scars anywhere on my face!!

bb and hypertrophic scars..

I just noticed these today. Its odd how they don't appear to follow an incision.

I'm guessing about 9-10 months. I seemed to persistently be swollen just in front of my hip bones. It may be just excess weight .
You look great!
How long did it take for your swelling to go away or do u still have some?
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Great consult! Everyone was so helpful! So far the surgery coordinator has been helpful, always gets back with me promptly Dr. Kunkle has a great demeanor. He's very patient and offers ample explanation. He also seems very knowledgeable and takes a good deal of interest in his work , his patients. Before the surgery began, at least 3 of the hospital staff were carrying on about how great of a surgeon he was to work with and that he does the best work, as modeled by some of their coworkers that have had procedures by him. Would absolutely recommend using his services.