58yrs Old Drooping Lids Affecting Vision - Fort Worth, TX

My Ophthalmologist did a series of test on both my...

My Ophthalmologist did a series of test on both my eyes and determined that my vision is being affected especially my peripheral vision. I work as a hairstylist and am unable to wear a contact in my right eye because of the lid"droop." One of my clients even asked me if I had had a stroke. That hurt!

Pre-op today andgetting excited!

Dr Davis and her staff explained in detail what to expect during and after surgery, also sent me home with good information printed out. With my eyelid surgery on both eyes, also on the right brow where I have significant brow "droop" she will do a "TransBleph implant" that will eventually absorb into my body. She explained that it will be pretty tender for awhile and may have a little bump but eventually that's disappears. Anethesia will be a "twighlite state" she said from the moment i arrive at surgery center till able to go home will be about 5 hours. I will wear a bandage for a week to cover brow line, stitches on lids will absorb and don't need to be removed. Post op follow up appointment will be 1 week after surgery and she said I can return to work:)

Eyelid and right brow lift surgery over

Surgery went well, Dr Davis used a laser and it took about an hour and a half. I was comfortable and awake during surgery, after the initial "twilite sleep" when they do the numbing injections around your eyes. Taking extra strength Tylenol every 6 hrs and ice mask 15 mins on 15mins off, for first 47hrs.,the bandage around my head stays until may 7th for first post op visit. Eye bandages off this morning and antibiotic ointment apllied now twice a day.

Day 4 post op

Day 4. Just a slight headache and a little "itchy" around pressure bandage.I actually took my dog for his morning walk. Just glad I didn't see any neighbors:)

Day 6. Bandage off tomorrow!

No pain, minor bruising. Swelling is more pronounced in right eye area because Its the one that had transbleth brow lift.

Pressure Bandage off & was able to wash my hair!

First post op visit. It was 7 days. Pressure bandage removed, yippee! Still some swelling but that's normal. Dr Davis advised the brow "transbleth implant" (over my right brow)will be very tender for a few weeks and to take care around the area. Feels like a small raised "noodle"It will eventually be absorbed into my body. I got back in 1 month. I never knew a shampoo could feel so food:)

14 days post op

Still some swelling, very little bruising. Stitches still falling out occaitionally but look healed nicely . "Transbleth implant" is tender(expected) & raised(also expected) but will disappear in a few months. Dr. Davis wants to see me back I 4 weeks after swelling goes down to see better the results. I have been back to work for one week. No problem.

Before/after at 14 days post op

14 days post op
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr Davis was very professional but warm and easy to talk to. Her staff was excellent.