So Happy and Ready for my BR! - Fort Worth, TX

First I want to say how much this site has helped...

First I want to say how much this site has helped me in my journey to have my breast reduction. I have always had big breasts since I was 11 yrs old. I am a 42DDD and i weigh 190. I am 5'3. Everyone has been great on here and so supportive. I just had shoulder surgery last November and when I would try to wear a bra it would hurt so bad, I talked to my ortho dr and we discussed me having a breast reduction. He said that I would definitely benefit from a breast reduction. He wrote me a letter of medical necessity, which I took with me to my consultation with my plastic surgeon. I waited very impatiently for my insurance to approve it, which I got word today that it has been approved; )!!!!!! My personal goal is to lose wait after my surgery so I can feel better physically and mentally. I am so excited and nervous at the same time!!! I am on medical leave and I need to get back to work as soon as possible, the one great thing is I am on short term disability and since my breasts are a big cause of my shoulder problems the reduction will be covered under the disability which will help me financially until I'm able to go back go work.:)

Well I had my preop today and my surgery is on Wed...

Well I had my preop today and my surgery is on Wed at 7am! I am so excited and nervous at the same time.;)

Ok yall, I am all set. I have packed my overnight...

Ok yall, I am all set. I have packed my overnight bag, changed the sheets on the bed, and about to finish folding the last bit of laundry. I am so nervous that my tummy is upset. I will probably have to take a phenergan before going to bed to help my tummy and to help me sleep. I will keep yall updated on how everything goes. Wish me luck.

Hi everyone! Well its hard to believe it has been...

Hi everyone! Well its hard to believe it has been one week today since my surgery!!!! The itching has begun!! Which means healing! I am still running low grade temp :( but it will get better as I keep getting better. I will update yall tomorrow. ;)

Well ladies I jusr pit on the aah bra and it IS...

Well ladies I jusr pit on the aah bra and it IS AMAZING. So much more comfortable than the bra the surgeon gave me. It doesnt cut into by incisions under my boobs either.!!!!!! I would definitely recommend it after your reduction. I am getting stronger everyday. Ive lost 11 lbs now!!!! So freaking excited! I am definitely motivated to lose more weight now!!! Take care all and I will check in again soon:) God Bless!

Well I keep trying to update and keep getting...

Well I keep trying to update and keep getting interrupted. I got an aah bra from walmart and I love it!!!! Its AMAZING! It doesnt cut into my incisions like the bra that the surgeon gave me. I havent had to take any pain med for a couple of days now just ibuprofen off
and on. Im getting stronger everyday not ready for a marathon yet though. Lol! I went out to eat last night and went to walmart for a bit. I still get weak when I walk very far, but I have to keep reminding myself that Im only a week and a half out.:) I will update soon. Take care of yourselves.

Ok ladies I added some post op pictures. Sorry it...

Ok ladies I added some post op pictures. Sorry it took so long.:)

Well tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op! I love my...

Well tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op! I love my new boobies! I had to drive my husband yesterday to an oral surgeon for immediate removal of an abscessed tooth. The oral surgeon is quite a bit away from where we live but they were able to get him in asap. Boy am I hurting today! Swollen and throbbing. It made me realize how I still need to rest and not push myself like that again. My husband and I are quite a pair, he has a swollen jaw and I have swollen boobies!!! Lol! I will update soon.:) Yall take care!
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I heard about him through the hospital I worked at. I also looked at his website on the internet and was impressed with the before and after pictures of the breast reductions he had done.

How are you feeling about your results of the procedure now
Im sorry I thought I lost the update from last night and so basically repeated myself. Sorry guys!:)
I had a low grade fever, but not signs of infection and my PMD told me it means healing is happening.....glad that is the case for you too!!! Glad everything is looking great!
Well I went to my dr primary care yesterday to make sure I wasnt getting pneumonia. All is good, my lungs are clear. So i guess the fever is my body healing. Thank goodness. I went to plastic surgeon today and he removed all drains and changed the dressings. He said everything looks great and wants to see me in two weeks. I will check in soon:) thank you all for thinking and praying for me.:)
Oh my goodnesses.. I hope you are feeling better every day... ***hugs***
Thank you Natalie. (Gentle hugs)Lol! to you too!
Hope everything went well.
Hey everyone thank you all for well wishes and asking how I am doing:) Ive had a very rough few days. Im so weak. I was in surgery for 7.5 hrs. I have 4 drains that randy empties for me every 8hrs. He's soo good to me. I really think they should keep u for 2 nights for pain control before they send u home. He took 2 lbs from each boob and 2 lbs of back shoulder fat from each side. So im a small c big b. Its so weird when I look in mirror. Lol!
Sorry you are having such a rough time. That was quite an extensive surgery you had. Glad you have someone to help you until you feel better. Hang in there and you'll be better soon
Wow thats a long surgery. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. 3 weeks will pass in the blink of an eye and you will feel much more human again. I feel like i can do pretty much everything again now.. I still have to be careful but i am not on any meds anymore. :)
Clm123...thank you so much for your well wishes:) My husband has been my hero. I do feel so much better today, just tired. Im still on pain meds of course but I am not as sore under my arms as I was. I will keep u updated. Thanks again.:)
Hi I am feeling better today. Still resting and taking my pain meds. Thank goodness for pain medications!:) I cant wait for 3 weeks! Lol!
Oh you wil be in surgery as I type this. I hope all is going well and you end up with the result you want. Most people do. Congratulations.. and take it easy. Rest and take your pills.. Don't try and be a hero! LOL Pills are good and sleep is good :)
Yes I've definitely been resting and taking my meds. Ive been running 101.2 to 101.5 off and on since surgery. I called dr and he advised me to take motrin in between the vicoden, too keep an eye on temp and he wants to see me Mon am. So we will see. It could be my body trying to heal, but ive been on Levaquinn (antibiotics) since Wed. So I don't know what is going on. I will keep you all updated.
good luck! and plz update us when u feel up to it!
Thank you Sassy.:) I will keep yall updated. Thank you for ur support.
Good luck Im so jealous Im still waiting for my date. should have it done by mid may. UK nhs has approx 4mth waiting list . ill follow your post as you recover xx
I am so sorry you have to wait that long. Ugh, I thought thr 3 to 4 weeks to get approval from ins was bad... I couldn't imagine 4 mths, but try to think of it like it will be here before you know it. Its already Feb and thanksgiving and Christmas felt like yesterday. Your day will come and I will be reading about your surgery date:). Thank you so much for the well wishes. Did u see the before pics I added today? Aren't they horrid!! Lol! My shoulders, my neck and back will be singing Hallelujah!!! Lol!!!
Good luck tomorrow!!!
Thank you soo much January7ME!!!;) I cant believe how nervous I am, I know everything will be fine so I dont know why I feel so nervous. I guess its normal.
oh yes, absolutely normal!!! I was terrified!! Just keep thinking about the end outcome and how great you will feel! That helped me to be brave!
Thank you so much!;) I'm fixing to go night night so tomorrow will hurry up and get here! Lol! I will keep yall updated.:)
Good luck on your upcoming surgery.
Thank you so much WindyM. I am eczited and nervous at same time:)