64 Year Old Woman Getting Vertical Breast Lift - Fort Worth, TX

I have been plagued with 36 J breasts for about...

I have been plagued with 36 J breasts for about the past 15 years since menopause. I have large indents in my shoulders, fungal infections under both breasts, and neck, shoulder, and sciatic pain. I am not a large woman, so buying clothes is a challenge because I need a larger size to accommodate my breasts. I can't wait for the surgery to be over!

Sfbf gram waiting for breast reduction surgery in two weeks.

I haven't had the surgery yet. July 28th is the scheduled date.

Surgery over!

My surgery was yesterday, July 28, so I am 1 day post op. I do not remember anything after my husband kissed me and said see you later. I was nauseated in recovery, but since then nothing. I slept most of the night[except for taking my meds]. Yesterday after surgery I felt burning in my incisions below the breast. Today that is gone, but I am sore but it's nothing I can't tolerate and the meds help a lot. I tried some blouses on today that didn't cover half my breasts, and today I could button them all the way. I'm so happy and I look so different. I waited 10 years for this surgery and I would do it again! Compared to the back pain, sciatic pain, shoulder indents and the horrible rashes, the pain from the surgery is nothing. I was in surgery 4 hours because I had a very aggressive reduction. My bra size was 36 J and now I will be a small C cup. Doctor removed 2.2 lbs. from each breast! I have an appointment on Thursday to have the bandages removed and he will put a bra on me. I will keep posting as I continue my recovery!

48 hours post op

8 days Post Op

Had my 2nd post op visit to the doctor and today the sutures and gauze that were on the nipples came off. It was the first look since the FNG. He said they looked great. Now I have to put silvadene cream and gauze on each one after a shower. Thursday more stitches will be coming out. I'm so happy with my results. The only problem is the itching, which is a rash from all the tape and gauze. I'm now on a Medrol pack so hopefully that will get better soon! My only regret is I didn't have this surgery years ago. I was so miserable for so long, and now I'm just thrilled with the results. My bra now is a 34C down from a 36J. I've got so much in clothing that hasn't fit me right in years. I haven't gone thru a weepy period yet and as of now don't think I will. I have such a new outlook on life. It's really amazing! Communicating with all of you has been a huge help! Thanks so much!!!!!
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I haven't had the surgery yet, but it will post afterwards.

My BR sx was just the day after yours on 7/29! As of 11days post-op, I haven't experienced the weepy blues either. And I don't mind missing that phase! Whew! My neck and shoulders felt almost instant relief after sx! I Love my new breasts and how high & perky they are now! I waited 20 yrs. to have my breasts worked on and I think all of this has left no room for the blues. Please keep us posted on your journey and healing progress! Best wishes! Yay! We did it!
WELCOME to the Other Side ! I Hope that all of your Back and Neck Pain has disappeared like Mine did ! Sending Healing Vibes your way !
I never went through an emotional period. I've been extremely happy with everything from the start. Let's hope that you too will continue to feel great. :)
Impressive... Congratulation and happy healing! :)
Congrats! Smile..... A new life begins for you today!
Congratulations ... look forward to knowing how you are getting on ... that is a big reduction! Well done you!
Just 48 hours post op and I'm doing well. The crease incision is the one most bothersome but not unbearable. The meds help a lot. Tomorrow the bandages come off and I get the bra on. When all is said and done I should be a small 34-36 C cup, down from a 36 J. I'm in such a different place mentally, I never realized how much this really affected me.
Amazing isn't it to realize how much our breasts have affected our lives ... I was a 28GG/30G and think I will be a UK 30E (30DDD American size I think) ... buying bras used to be such a challenge with such a small back although less so in recent years as more manufacturers made them. I too found the crease incision uncomfortable at first but OK now. I refused to look at it when the bandages came off ... I still have not taken a mirror to have a good look (!) underneath (call me a coward) but it feels much smoother ... I lightly massage it with oil now. This past week (week3 to week4) has made a huge difference and I feel that everything is finally 'starting' to settle down ... but for others it seems much quicker. The remains of my bruising is now yellow (good sign) and I am interested to see how long the swelling takes ... I have read it can take months for some of us and others say they have little swelling from day 1 ... takes all sorts! All the best for tomorrow.
Hope it went well ...
You are going to feel so much better once this is complete.  What size are you hoping for after surgery?
I hope so. I've been waiting to have this surgery for 10 years. I would like to have be a 36C. Did you have the surgery?
Yes I sure did have surgery.  If you click on my username it will take you to my profile and pictures.  I went from a DDD to a small C.
I had my surgery yesterday and it went great. I was in surgery for four hours and the doctor took me froM a 36J cup to a C cup. I'm sore today but it's bearable. I'm so happy with the results!
Wonderful, I am so happy to hear this!   You are going to both look and feel like a new woman.
C cup, and from what I look like so far I should be pretty close. I still have the bandages on till tomorrow.
Let me know how the unveiling goes:)
My appointment is at 1:45 pm today. I can't wait to get this compression bandage off. I'm a bit scared to see them for the first time. Is it really gross looking?
I'm happy for you! Curious, did you have a free nipple graft? Did your plastic surgeon discuss being able to go small without doing one?
How did it go?   Sorry I did not see this message yesterday morning.
The removal of the bandages went well. I still have to be very careful because in order to remove as much breast tissue as he did, I had the nipple graft. I do have a bra on, but I am so itchy in the crease incisions, I can hardly stand it. Any suggestions? I just can't believe how my doctor has changed my mental attitude and self confidence!
Yes I had the FNG. Dr. Strock could not have removed as much tissue as he did without removing it and then reattaching it. I was well-informed about the procedure before my surgery. After having the bandages removed yesterday, he told me that with all the breast reductions he does in a year, that he only performs the FNG once or twice a year!
The itching is the worst!   Can you take any Benadryl?   That does help quite a bit and will take the edge off.

Yes you do need to be super careful not to disturb the nipples right now.  If I remember correctly the intense itching lasted me about 2 weeks, and then it settled down.
Well I'm almost to the 1 week mark, so another 1 to go. I'm taking Benadryl but it doesn't help me that much.
Ugh!   Well not being able to apply anything to the incisions makes this tough. Once they are closed and healed you will be able to start applying Vitamin E Oil.  The moisturizing and massage really help.
As a single 58 yr old who has no interest in a relationship I don't care about keeping my nipples. I'd rather have shorter surgery time, fewer stitches and faster recovery. What am I going to do with nipples? The only person who would ever see them is me, my Dr. and a future nursing home assistant:) I know that sounds weird to some people but I want to go small and I just don't see the point of going through a graft. Hope your itching eases up soon!