24 with out of Control Breasts - Fort Pierce, FL

Have been trying and to get a BR for 2years now....

Have been trying and to get a BR for 2years now. Have had big books since 6th grade and once a had my son at 17, they have been growing bigger and bigger ever since. I tried working out and it was like, I wasn't getting nowhere. So I finally got feed up with them and decided to start my progress. First, I tried to get Medicaid because I heard they would cover it. Now I wasn't working much at the time literally part time and I figured they would give me Medicaid. So I applied and they gave me SHARE OF COST and I'm like WTF. So I tried to use that and no one would take it. So I broke down and said f it and thought of a way to save the money, but that didn't work either. So fast forward this year, I started a new job and loved it and they offered health insurance. I applied and got it in January and decided to try through BCBS PPO.April, I meet Dr skipper and she literally looked at my breast and said you need a BR and I was like YES! So she literally got the ball rolling. Within 2months she had me get a mammogram, blood work, breast ultrasound and therapy for 6weeks. And now I have my PS appointment soon with 2 different surgeons and I'm so..... excited. I'm pretty positive they will approve me so my surgery will be soon........

waiting!

I am currently still waiting for my surgeon to send the paperwork. I called on Monday and they said it should be sent out soon. Ughhhhh I am so ready for the new me that I am becoming impatient. But I have found other things to occupy my time like college this fall and school shopping for my son. So God's willing, when I call again next Monday they would have sent it off. Everyone keep me in your prayer and I need all the positive vibes I can get ???????

insurance

Called my surgeon office and they said they submitted my paperwork last week. But I called my insurance company as soon as I heard but they said they don't have anything! I'm going crazy right now, do they mail it or fax it or what. I need answers

1step closer

Called bcbs today and they informed me that they received the paperwork and are forwarding it to be reviewed, YAY! So I will call them in a week to see if a decision was made. GOD is pointing me in the right direction. Pray for me ladies

APPROVAL!

Just called my insurance today and I was APPROVED! YAY! So my surgeon will call me on Thursday or Friday letting me know the next step. Also, when I was on the phone with my insurance they said I had until September 7 to have the surgery! I'm a little confused, that's less than a month. But I am happy and jumping in my shoes. My prayers were answered

waiting for the date

Bcbs called my doctor today and let them know I was approved. They are supposed to call today and let me know my surgery date. Im so excited! They also said I might not need a pre op appointment because of my age. But don't I need meds and the anti soap to wash with the night before the surgery. I will ask when they call oh and I will post pics soon.

date is set!

Got a call from the ps office and the date is set! September 2 is pre-op and surgery is on the 8th. Im excited like crazy! I finally took some pics too.
Dr S. Darrell Lee

Just left my consultation with Dr. Lee and he was down to earth and understood me fully. He will be sending my paperwork out next week then its the waiting game. I hope it doesn't take months (as the nurse there told me). But my Dr think they wouldn't have no problem approving me because of the size of my breast and how little I am. He didn't tell me my size but he did tell me I was huge! And I might need a skin graft for my nipples (yea that big). But I know god will make a way, I mean, he has so far. One step closer to the new me♡♥♡♥

Wanted to stop in n and say hi and hope everything is going ok. I wanted to tell you for being there. :)
I had my consultation back in May and just got the OK from my insurance company last Friday. My pre-op appointment is September 3 and my surgery is also on the 8th. I am so nervous, but also excited. I will send prayers your way!!
Wow!! We are surgery buddies lol jk. Sending prayers your way too
Praying for you because I know how u feel. Reading ur review made me feel better about my insurance. Hopefully mine will be as fast as urs. Good luck. R u scared because im kinda for mine but I know ill be happy
I am terrified! Lol but I know all will be good. The biggest thing is me being put to sleep lol weird I know. How is your progress going so far?
Welcome to the community.  I can't wait to see your results.
Good luck! Sending positive vibes your way! It's a life changer!