24 with out of Control Breasts - Fort Pierce, FL

Have been trying and to get a BR for 2years now....

Have been trying and to get a BR for 2years now. Have had big books since 6th grade and once a had my son at 17, they have been growing bigger and bigger ever since. I tried working out and it was like, I wasn't getting nowhere. So I finally got feed up with them and decided to start my progress. First, I tried to get Medicaid because I heard they would cover it. Now I wasn't working much at the time literally part time and I figured they would give me Medicaid. So I applied and they gave me SHARE OF COST and I'm like WTF. So I tried to use that and no one would take it. So I broke down and said f it and thought of a way to save the money, but that didn't work either. So fast forward this year, I started a new job and loved it and they offered health insurance. I applied and got it in January and decided to try through BCBS PPO.April, I meet Dr skipper and she literally looked at my breast and said you need a BR and I was like YES! So she literally got the ball rolling. Within 2months she had me get a mammogram, blood work, breast ultrasound and therapy for 6weeks. And now I have my PS appointment soon with 2 different surgeons and I'm so..... excited. I'm pretty positive they will approve me so my surgery will be soon........

waiting!

I am currently still waiting for my surgeon to send the paperwork. I called on Monday and they said it should be sent out soon. Ughhhhh I am so ready for the new me that I am becoming impatient. But I have found other things to occupy my time like college this fall and school shopping for my son. So God's willing, when I call again next Monday they would have sent it off. Everyone keep me in your prayer and I need all the positive vibes I can get ???????

insurance

Called my surgeon office and they said they submitted my paperwork last week. But I called my insurance company as soon as I heard but they said they don't have anything! I'm going crazy right now, do they mail it or fax it or what. I need answers

1step closer

Called bcbs today and they informed me that they received the paperwork and are forwarding it to be reviewed, YAY! So I will call them in a week to see if a decision was made. GOD is pointing me in the right direction. Pray for me ladies

APPROVAL!

Just called my insurance today and I was APPROVED! YAY! So my surgeon will call me on Thursday or Friday letting me know the next step. Also, when I was on the phone with my insurance they said I had until September 7 to have the surgery! I'm a little confused, that's less than a month. But I am happy and jumping in my shoes. My prayers were answered

waiting for the date

Bcbs called my doctor today and let them know I was approved. They are supposed to call today and let me know my surgery date. Im so excited! They also said I might not need a pre op appointment because of my age. But don't I need meds and the anti soap to wash with the night before the surgery. I will ask when they call oh and I will post pics soon.

date is set!

Got a call from the ps office and the date is set! September 2 is pre-op and surgery is on the 8th. Im excited like crazy! I finally took some pics too.

checklist prior to surgery

Im not too sure on what to buy for my recovery. I know I will need pillows, arnica oil and some gauze but I'm sure there is more that I need. If anyone knows please reply. And I unfortunately don't have a recliner so what Can I do about that.

Question?

Has anyone paid their hospital, up front, before surgery was done? My hospital is trying to get 500 prior to surgery and they have only been giving me estimates and don't even know the full cost. I have BCBS and my deductible is 600 and I have meet about 75 of it. I'm still learning about how insurance work but that's ridiculous if I can't do payment arrangements with the hospital

date change

My date was changed to Sept 15 and my pre op is this Tuesday. I was upset for a moment but I realized that it was actually better to set it back.

pre-op appointment

Pre-op went well. Got all my prescriptions, and paperwork for the surgery. Surgery will be Monday at 7:30 am but I half to be there at 6:30 am. My meds are ; xanax(anxiety prior and after surgery). Lortab (pain meds), antibiotics and nausea meds. I am so ready for my "VACATION"

Paid

Paid the rest of my deductible to my ps today at the last minute! But the surgery is happening so im happy. Bought prune juice, sports bra antibacterial soap and gauze. Tomorrow I will get pillows and the rest a few days after surgery.

the other side

I made it! At home recovering right now. And my hubby is so helpful. Bout to take this pill and sleep.

update

At home watching tv and scrolling on Facebook.

post op day 4/5

Im feeling pretty good today. I stop taking my hydrocodone and started taking my Motrin. I drove down the street lol. I still have drains and tape around incisions until my appointment on Tuesday. I have feeling in right breast but not the left. The drains are starting to irritate me a lil and I can't hide them under non of my shirts. Will update after appointment but here are some pictures.

drains removed

Got my drains removed and it did hurt for a good 5 seconds. But my sides are swore but happy they took them out. Got the tape removed around my incisions so now I got to start apply some cream or Vaseline to them and covering with gauze. But so far I'm good but I try not to do too much still.
Dr S. Darrell Lee

Just left my consultation with Dr. Lee and he was down to earth and understood me fully. He will be sending my paperwork out next week then its the waiting game. I hope it doesn't take months (as the nurse there told me). But my Dr think they wouldn't have no problem approving me because of the size of my breast and how little I am. He didn't tell me my size but he did tell me I was huge! And I might need a skin graft for my nipples (yea that big). But I know god will make a way, I mean, he has so far. One step closer to the new me♡♥♡♥

Rest up, looking good!
My surgery is next week and I'm confused about the deductible stuff too! What size were your prior?
I think I was like a j or k. I was required to pay off my deductible and that was 500.
Sorry didnt mean to put ur. But I know you like finally lol. Congratulations!
Congrats how is everything? Any tips you can give me. Hope ur healing is fast and ur everything goes great.
Thanks and everything is good. I was super scared but I was definitely in good hands. I haven't looked at them yet but I will tonight for my sponge bath
Congrats ! I want my turn Friday can't come fast enough! You sound like you it was a walk in the park thats good !!! Rest up swty and again congrats :-)
Thanks and yess it was definitely a great experience. Can't wait to see your results hun
Congratulations!!!!!!
Thank you! I made it and the pain is really not that bad. A complete 7ibs was took off!
Wow, good for you! Just rest now
you will be fine in bed with 5 pillows, 2 under your head and shoulders, one either side to rest your arms on and most importantly, one under your knees to prevent back pain. drink prune juice post op to prevent constipation. antiseptic wipes and toiletries, or baby toiletries, are good. hope all goes well for you and that you've seen my review for a normal recovery experience.
I was curious, when should I stop alcohol consumption?
good to be free of any supplements, alcohol or medications that will compromise healing a week before surgrey, but a month for stopping smoking I would think.
My PS required 2 weeks without alcohol pre
Peediewife suggests the 5 pillow "method"- and I'm a huge believer! I've spent every night in my own bed. The pillows were a lifesaver!
Im going shopping this weekend for a few items. And I only drank this weekend past. So I won't drink this weekend coming up. Im so excited to get this over with
Mines is scheduled for the 19th we will be recovering together :) congrats and I will be following ur journey soon to be on the other side!
Thanks and I will follow yours as well.
I have BCBS as well and when I had my surgery 2 weeks ago, I had to pay a $100 co-pay to the hospital. So far the hospital covered my labs, so I didn't have to pay for those. The hospital also filed a claim to my insurance after the surgery (I seen it online on my BCBS account). I only have to pay $332 out of pocket. My PS also filed a separate claim and for his office, I only have to pay $200 (and an initial co pay of $35). With both the hospital claim and my PS claim, it came out to be a little over $20,000 and I only pay $532 out of pocket. I will say this. Some PS have their own surgery center and those patients don't have a hospital bill like us.
I hope my hospisital co-pay is 100 like yours. The first time I saw my ps my co-pay was 25. Im going up to the surgery center Tuesday morning! Cause I need answers not estimates!
I ended up calling my insurance and asked them what my portion is. My copay is $25, with no deductible. Your approval letter from the insurance should have a phone number on it to call.
I asked for an estimate in the beginning and the secretary said she could not give me one because insurance coverage is the determining factor. If you want an estimate, ask them to give you the price for someone that does not have insurance.
I think you will do fine. My husband got me a recliner last minute and I am so happy that he did but whether it was the recliner or bed I was still uncomfortable. Pillows will be your best friend regardless, lol. If you are a bad sleeper just try to wake yourself up in the middle of the night to make sure that you are not laying on your incisions. You will love your new breast :) I had to buy a TON of gauze. I changed my gauze probably more than others would have. I wanted to make sure the area stayed dry. My smallest is 1 so I already had some in the house but my doctor told me to use baby soap on my breast area and incision parts when cleaning and bathing because it is not as harsh on your skin and does not contain all the stuff scented and deodorant soap contains. Good Luck and keep us updated.
Thanks. And baby soap and a pound of gauze will be on My list