Severe Hyperhidrosis Patient; LOVED MiraDry! Wonderful Product! - Fort Myers, FL

I am 19 years old and have been suffering from...

I am 19 years old and have been suffering from severe hyperhidrosis for the past 7 years. I have tried all of the over the counter products and the special deodorants, even being prescribed special topical ointments, but nothing was stopping the amount of sweat I was producing. I always kept another shirt in my bag because I knew I would have to change my clothes after sitting in an air conditioned room watching T.V...that's how bad it was. My closet all throughout middle school and high school was limited to black and white, because those were the easiest colors to mask the stains---and white shirts would go quicker than the black ones because of the nasty yellow stains that would develop after only a few wears. Shopping for a prom dress was a nightmare because I needed to find a cut of dress that wouldn't be in my sweats way as it would run down my arm just when putting my makeup on. I didn't talk about my problem because I just thought people would associate me with being fat and disgusting, and out of shape--therefore I sweat profusely to show my lack of cleanliness and fitness. After sharing my story I hope to encourage others to speak up about their problem with hyperhidrosis, and hopefully contact a doctor who supplies MiraDry, it is the best investment you can make. I had my first procedure about 5 days ago, and it has been worth it and I cannot wait for my second treatment three months from now. I haven't had a bead of sweat come from my underarm area, and I can't believe what a self-confidence booster that is even after only 5 days! I start nursing school in a few months, and I can't wait to proudly raise my hand in my light blue scrubs and not have to worry about my fellow students staring at the hellacious amount of sweat that has seeped through my scrubs. I will wake up every day and thank the creators, the representatives, the nurses, and the doctor I worked with who changed my life forever by introducing me to MiraDry.

The procedure itself wasn't bad at all. I had extra injections of the numbing medicine because I didn't numb up as quickly as they thought I would. And then I sat back and let the machine do its job. I had one or two uncomfortable bouts of the MiraDry machine, but it is only a few seconds, so in my head I knew it was worth it! Great product! All I can say is ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE your pits!---it will help in the long run!

Thanks for such a lovely review. Your story sounds a lot like my life except my worst place I sweat is on my face which is super embarrassing. I take a prescription medicine to counter that aspect. Good luck in nursing school. Your life experience is going to make you an extraordinary, compassionate nurse.
Megan,

Thanks for commenting. The pictures are scary looking, and it is swelling, but pain was not associated with that believe it or not. Majority of the swelling came from the injections, not the MiraDry. I had 47 injections in one arm and around 50 in the other. I am due back the end of August for my second treatment --- I have not noticed ANY sweating and I have been at the gym working out and going to work...5 days out.
Will keep everyone updated!

Oh my gosh!! I have read about how swollen the underarms become, but holy cow!!! Thank you so much for posting those photos. I really think that will help a lot of people going in for the treatment to know what to expect. I think if that happened to me & I hadn't seen your pictures I would panic thinking something had gone wrong.

You story is so sweet & heartfelt. It made me feel so bad for you that you had to pick your prom dress out keeping the sweating in mind. I hope you found one that made you feel gorgeous & comfortable!!

So glad this is working well - please keep us updated if you need to have more treatments or if the sweating seems to stay reduced from here on out.

Hello!- I just went for my second MiraDry...

Hello!- I just went for my second MiraDry treatment yesterday (09-07-12) and it went very smooth! I upgraded to a level 3, and everything went as planned. Prior to my second treatment, I would say my underarm sweating decreased about 85-90%. It was amazing. It still amazes me of how something that I have dealt with my whole life is fixed thanks to advanced medicine!

The routine of the procedure was the same, about 50 injections to numb the area after template was placed on my arm. Then KY Jelly rubbed on and then the MiraDry machine. It felt like it went a lot quicker than the first time. I did not swell as much as I did the first time, but I am still swollen. Not painful, just uncomfortable. Contact if you have any questions! I will try to post some treatment 2 pictures!

Thank you~!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Can we get an update on your results.... Im considering this and would lilke to know if it ever wears off Thanks
I had the procedure done last July and last October and so far, so good!!! It has changed my life for something I suffered with for 25 years!!! I can wear clothing I could never wear before and feel confident about it!! The only thing I have found is that I feel like I sweat other places more, i.e. face/neck/head, and bra line, although that may be something that comes with getting older!! Overall, I am extremely pleased and am still baffled that it worked and continues to still be working!! Best money ever spent!!!

~2 years later and....

I am completely thrilled with my results. My hyperhidrosis is essentially cured! I only sweat when a normal person sweats, ie working out, really hot outside but it doesn't even go through my shirts. I hope everyone had success with this!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

If you have the opportunity to make your appointment with Dr. Brueck, jump at it. Dr. Brueck and his staff were so compassionate and his nurses stood by my side throughout the entire procedure and kept making sure I was at ease and comfortable. They talked to me about my problem, and you could see it in their faces that they were excited to be a part of my story, and excited to be a part of the team that was going to change my life forever. After my procedure, Dr. Brueck personally called me to see how I was doing and if I was to have any questions that I was to call him directly. Dr. Brueck and his staff are extremely personable and it was clear that each one of them loved their jobs. 5 stars all around!