Hesitant - Fort Myers, FL

I was a bit surprised at the cost of the 6 Rxs I...

I was a bit surprised at the cost of the 6 Rxs I was told to buy, and this will be in addition to hotel room expenses for two nights.
As for the procedure, as well as having earlobes 'adjusted', I am very apprehensive though feel for the most part confident with surgeon and staff.
For success I am sure there will be other filler procedures needed after healing.

tanties

Still getting ready, and the miscellaneous costs are at nearly $1,000 extra now. Not fun.
Most worrisome is that THREE times I have emailed the dr. As he TOLD me to do ( I am hearing impaired) and not one reply. I had three or four questions. Praying his surgical skills are better than his communication skills.
Very distressing....very. I will trek the 40 miles with my little dog and a few days clothes, sundries, and all of the Rxs and supplies outlined in the papers I was given.
Note: The office was put out that my bank's debit withdrawal limit caused them to have to break it down into three days. All they have contacted me about it getting paid. Sad.

Distraught but praying for the beat

Early the morning of Sept. 10th....and not a word from the doctor or his staff except about debit withdrawals. Being impatient with people with a handicap is not nice but still hoping for the best. At this point I would change surgeons from the worry I have been through as well as the miscellaneous expenses. BTW....the EKG and blood work that took 10 seconds is not $175,,, closer to $500.

name

That should read 'tantoes'

What I was NOT told by the dr. or nurses

Since I was told much of nothing, could not see or hear either (no glasses, hearing aids or a MIRROR) I have used common sense such as turning body and not neck and head. Most of all, even if you had better pre and post op instructions than I had it would be good to check out the following and google around from there. http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/patient-surgery-instructions.html

Hope this helps those who were rushed through as I was. Lots to read and videos for at least facelift post op care and I assume for other cosmetic and needed procedures.

I sure hope you have heard from your doctor. Good luck to you!
Sorry! At this point you should be just waiting for the surgery day without worries :(
Sadly so. He was the third I had tried to evaluate and see his thoughts on what would be best. My clues should have been when I asked if ten year old photos of my face would help and he blew me off very fast as if I had insulted him. Also he made the snarky off hand comment (I am a pretty well preserved 57) " This is not going to make you look 20 years old, you know'. I don't have the IQ of a jelly bean, but he must have assumed it. Be sure if I have bad results, more condescending remarks, etc., his name will be here in caps.
Are you sure do you still want to go with him?
He already has me in an airtight contract, and I either walk away from all I have paid him, and for a hotel, and for $500 pre op things. And he never DID respond to my emails (I am hearing impaired). When I settled into the hotel and called his office and mentioned that to his nurse, she made excuses for him.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
That is unacceptable! Your surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, right? I will be thinking and praying for you. Stay strong. Hugs
Tantoes: Let's think positive and assume that maybe his nurse never gave the emails to him…. Maybe she is the one to blame and not the doctor…….?
Maybe! You are right! Bad, bad nurse! LOL! Good luck tomorrow ☺ Are you going to post pictures?
Thanks...possibly will post them later. NO Not the nurse. HE didn't want to spend over ten minutes except to run through his masterpiece photos of before and after on computer screen. After that, he hands me a card with his email and tells me to contact him with any comment or questions (they had not run my bank card through at that point). HIS bad, not hers except to make excuses. This 'discount' for filling in a cancellation date I have my doubts about. By the time I ran around to fill Rxs and find post op supplies, I had a tab added that cancelled out the 'cancellation discount'. Today is the day and I am still trying hard to be positive. Thanks for any good thoughts my way
No. This is hs direct email and with my hearing problem he may be like many that don't like that I have to stare to not misunderstand or miss words. I assumed that was why he insisted I have it. She was doing her job by saying 'oh he has been out of town'. Sorry but two to five words per each of my four questions and everyone has email contact on their phone. Hope he has more surgical skill than petsonality skills. And post op attentiveness is important. So...watch for all the signs when selecting surgeons. The verdict out on this one until later.
Update....the EKG and blood work that I was there 6 seconds for I was just billed nearly $500 additional for rather than $125.
Thank you very much. Four more hours!
Tantoes: It's 8am here in California and I'm thinking about you and hoping for the best outcome possible in your surgery!
Didn't you gp do those? If you have insurance you should only pay your co-pay
Sending good thoughts your way. Please keep a positive attitude :)
I just fell into reading your blog -- procedure? As long as it is not one if those life style lifts you should be fine - - they are the ones where money is very important and never expect a doctor or nurse to contact you unless it is regards to money. With that said -please tell me what you are having done
Hi....well made it out alive. No pain but a sinus headache that morning pre op that got worse as usual. NO gel cap ibuprofen of course (had to avoid that for weeks ahead due to bleeding) so just repeated nuked damp towel in walmart bag and finally better. This morning first bandages off and I miss the tightness....was holding back throat, jaw, ear pain. They all assumed I had not moved since all well. As for ins. I was.a.self employed 'hair person' for 36 years until hearing got suddenly worse, my ex divorced me quite abruptly and at time was afraid to battle him for ins. to continue. Anyway, no ins. co would touch someone with a rare misunderstood disorder and the expense to treat it. And sure not for cosmetic mostly surgery. So anyway my lower face very achy and drives me nuttier trying to sit still. But I think I will be OK. Thanks so very much to all who write. Appreciated more than any of you know
The worst is over, now you can rest and let the healing begin. Are you taking the pain pills?
Hi Tantoes…YAY….you made it through! So glad to hear from you as I've been thinking about you. Hope your healing goes fast and hope to see some pictures if you decide to post them. I haven't had anything done (yet) and probably not for a few more years…I've just been on here learning and researching.
I went to have first bandages removed and second looser ones put on (along with vaseline on incisions along hairline and on hair. Ick) Since pressure wrap off sure it's why achy jaws, neck,throat. They all insisted , and seperately, that i was doing great. Hydrocone doing for NOTHING me. But have a great 'baby sitter' recommended at last minute by the nicest nurse there. So much appreciated all who are keeping up with my saga. Thanks ~
I'm so sorry to hear that the pain meds aren't helping. Was the doctor nice to you? Happy to hear that you have someone caring for you.
Glad to hear from you! Now recovery phase, avoid salt and start with your antibiotics and continue with arnica if your doctor recommend. Hugs. I started with Arnica today, Tomorrow is the big day! I'm starting to feel nervous!
Facelift...no forehead or eyelids involved. Neck tightened, earlobes repaired and HOPEFULLY shortened and reshaped due (a Realtor used the lock box on my door and came in on me in the night, assault, nearly pulled both of my earring out, lessons to be learned there ladies!). Did you or friend have a Lifestyle thing? I did talk to a 'sales' gal at the office about 5 ago and was not impressed. Let us pray my surgeon has done great. And thank you very much for your support.
Thank you so so much and on second set of bandages, separately they said all great. Hopefully not too much vaseline in my behind ear hairline (36 yrs of doing hair and only hydraulic fluid is worse