Tummy Tuck in Miami Traveled from ATL - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I went to Florida Center where my long time doctor...

I went to Florida Center where my long time doctor is Dr. Timothy Alexander. He done my breast aug, and Lipo on me three times.

He and the staff are ALWAY PLEASANT and comforting. From my 1 visit with them til now. I love South Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery. My Anestecialogist Is the most humble caring man I know.

Anyway, my surgery took place today, and at first I was very fatigue and drowsy but the pain was bareable UNTIL I had a vomit spell. Having had my muscles tightened and to have to throw up is excruciating pain. I feel better tonight then I did earlier today. Draining the pump, blowing the ball thing and having to pee every 2 hours is required and ANNOYING. But I'm praying for a speedy recovery and great results.

Congrats. I live in the bahamas and heard of your dr from a friend.
Congrats! I would love to see some more pics
can't wait to share in your recovery...rest well tonight!

1 day post op visit

I'm very sore after my sugery yesterday, I live in a reclining chair and have to have someone help her up and down. All in all I'm do happy to have had the surgery. The pain isn't that bad, my tummy is just really sore. I went for my 1st post op and they cleaned my new navel and that was it. But I was happy to see some instant results!

I hope the swelling goes down before your flight.I also hope you have wheelchair service at the airport.
Me too! I'm going to make sure to get wheel chair service on Friday. Thanks for reminding me.
My feet are now swollen, l can literally feel the fluid on top of my feet when I walk. I guess it was my food intake that was high in sodium. Ugh!

Recovery...ugh!

I'm so sick of sitting on this couch, day in and day out! I am able to get up and down without help but I want to feel normal again. I can't laugh, cough or sneeze. I'm always tired, and my feet are swollen. I'm not in any pain I'm just uncomfortable.

I know what you mean with the sitting. I am 1 week today but you look great, happy Healing

Day 5

5 days later! Swollen swollen swollen. My tummy is so numb and I'm always so sleepy!

THAT DRAIN PLUG ....UGH!

So today I went to my last post op visit before I leave for Atlanta tonight and had the drain plug removed. That was almost the worst part of the surgery! The nurse told me she would could to 10 then pull it out! UUUUGGGHHHH!! It burned so bad! It was the 1st time I cried. It was the 1st time I decided that I wasn't going to do anymore surgeries. :-( I did however find old pics from 2005 before and after where I got my breast done. Back to this TT, I also hate the whole that the drain plug left. The drain plug is the worst!

2005 Breast implants and lift 250cc filled to 275cc

@thicka1908 yes, I've been a patient of Dr. Timothy Alexander for over 10 years. I just had a tummy tuck 10 days ago. He with South Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery. (954)565-7575 Good Luck!
Is it a reputable place?
Day 9: Feeling regret, wanting my old self back, tired of the numbness, and being restricted. (((((Tears))))

PO Day 12

Today I had my annual visit with my primary care physician. Who was nice enough to remove my stitches and clean my incision. However, there were a few blisters that he though he should cover with the tape provided by my surgeon and leave the rest of the incision open to get air. I call and spoke with a PO nurse who stated that is backwards, that he should not put the tape on the blisters. So I removed them and took pics and emailed them to the office in Miami so they can give me some directions. So I'm at work, in my office, panties halfway down, scared to move, waiting on a response from the Miami office. Dr.A has been my doc for years but I'm not sure if having such a procedure out of state was such a smart idea now. Ugh!

now you have me thinking if I should do it closed so home as far as the tummy tuck though I would still like to go to them for my BAL. In a way I don't want to be far if God forbid something happens. if you don't mind me asking what are the blisters from garments or surgeryI'm sorry to hear that you're going through this and hope everything goes well and you get better
meant to say closer to home
I hope they respond to as soon as possible. With the visual pictures, I am sure the PS will be able to give you some direction. You have experience with that doctor and office so no need to second guess your decision.

TODAY IS THE WORST!!!

This can't be REAL!!! (Tears) I did everything right, and I have a Seromas, Im scared and not living in the same city ad my PS! I don't know what to do!! I have a little tiny blister on my right hip on the incision that hurts like hell!! This is not what I pictured this to be... I'm feeling regret right now, seriously! I don't have anyone here with me to help me physically or emotionally, what the hell was I thinking!

My plastic surgeon told me this could happen and not to be to worried it will get drained. I know you didn't stay local but I'm sure you PS will be able to find you someone local. Try to stay calm. So sorry your going through this.
:( sorry you are having a hard time. I am sure you have contacted your PS and provided them with a picture of your condition. He should be able to advise you of next steps. PS normally have a network maybe there is someone local he can refer you to?
The office is closed, only the on call nurses are available, I was advised to call them on Monday to schedule the appointment. I can't even afford to fly back or take the time off. It's just so frustrating.

15 days PO TT

Well 15 days PO and I have developed a seromas, I was worried and crying yesterday but I'm feeling blessed and in good spirit. I'm cover in the blood of Jesus.

I am happy to see you are feeling better. You look great! Have fun and try not to overdo it tonight.
Thank you hunny bunny @CJD mom!

Day 19

Got the Seromas drained by a very nice, well informed PS by the name of Dr. Mark F. Deutsch. Thank God, because I was so worried about infection. He sprayed something to numb my skin, inserted the needle and out it came! Yellowy, reddish, fluid....

Glad you were able to find a dr that would help you. You looked good Saturday night, girlfriend :-)
I am so glad you found a great PS to assist with the Seromas. Now you have something lifted off of you and a complete your healing.
U look beautiful glad ur ok

Day 20

Almost there to the 1 month mark, I'm going to place this garnet on the grill and light it up! Can't wait to transfer into a more comfortable garment! So and very soon I will be a normal person again!

Looking good! It takes forever for the swelling, Im two months and Im over it too
How long does it take for your back to stop hurting?

Day 21 Officially 3 weeks

I feel and look like an old lady ????, this process is VERY slow! I'm 3 weeks today ????just so uncomfortable, unable to breath, unable to walk upright, and so numb.

I have worked for a PS for 5 years. I had a tt 10 days ago. Even though I work in the industry (I am not clinical) I was still not prepared for the amount of discomfort/serious pain this would entail. I do want to encourage you that it is not uncommon to develop a seroma after this. It really depends on how long the drains are left in and how much tissue was removed. I still have my drains. I am very small so they mentioned removing tomorrow, but after reading this, I am leaning towards Wed/ Fri. How much volume were you draining when they removed your drains. I am down to aprx 20 mls both sides combined over 24 hours.
Hang in there. Beauty is a process
Im happy everything worked out. u are beautiful n look fabulous. Thanks for ur experince n being honest about all u went threw cuz I really want to go to him. My friend got her boobs done by him he did a fantastic job. But people on hear was saying he's not board certified so I was saying mabe ill just do my boobs. I was gonna get my boobs done in may but I procrastinated cuz I wanted to lose weight first.... I was 224 in oct now 200 I wanna be at least 180 b4 i do it. Another thing I'm scared of he only do the ba under the breast muscle. I hear that hurts bad. I can't take codine I already had a bad experience with that. But I'm so glad I found u cuz I live on hear reading everyones recovery stories from nightmare to there great experience. I'm very nervous. And the ps here in ny make me nervous cuz they say if u go out of town we Don't have to help u if something goes wrong. They get mad cuz u don't spend the money w them. He wanted 18, 000 where u went was 10, 000 for boob n tt. Hey that's 8, 000 I can stay 2weeks rent a house 1100 airfare for me n hubby 600it still cones out cheaper. I have two questions how long before you can take a bath???? and did your insurance cover the for the medicine

1st TIME IUT AND ABOUT 1 month PO

So I got dress, I was feeling really pretty. I wore heals for the 1st time and I felt line my Belly button was ripping apart, taking my lower body south and my upper north! It was awful! LOL I'm gonna try it again next weekend though ;-)

1 month PO

Okay here are my 1 month post op pics no clothes. My scar is healing beautifully!

1 more, 1 month post op pic

Looking good and the scar is not that thick.
Very nice!

Heals lol

Heels not heals smh

You are wearing that dress and heels!!! Your scar is nice and low. Looks like it will fade in now time.

Grrrrrr!! Seromas and incision opening

So I go have my seromas drained again tomorrow I'm sure this is the last time, it's really small, but how about my incision have a small opening (really small) but had a little bit of pus/blood that came out. I though there would be a piece of threat that would have been lerkinv around trying to be free but no, it's just a little whole there now. Ugh!! Just heal already, you were doing so well little ms. Incision. Well I just put some peroxide on it, lathered some neosporin and place a gauze on top. It really tiny but is a nuisance.

You're looking really nice! Setbacks happen, trust me, I know. If I could get rid of the swelling, all would be well. Keep you head up and keep strutting them heels!!!!!!
Sorry I jinxed you. Hopefully it will close up soon
Its okay, we have healing powers!! We will be fine! LOL

Bye bye seroma and hello incision opening...

So I went to my alternant PS to drain the seromas but nothing came out, although he said that he felt a Lil fluid. Now between this opening in my incision and this thread in my BB I don't know what to do.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Bye bye seroma and hello incision opening...

@cruzdiva thanks girly, I checked you out and you are looking REALLY good! You are much smaller than me even with the swell hell lol
The swelling is so frustrating especially when you see others looking fabulous with NO swelling!

It's all coming together!

Yesss!!! when this swelling goes does its gonna be mid drift shirts in the Winter time.

I see you!
@Boss your day is coming very soon!

Saturday Night!

I had a blast, I am 5 weeks post op. I went out on Saturday. I wore a girdle that help me in place. I was able to dance really good, unlike last week at 4 weeks po I felt like my body was ripping apart and I could barelt walk. the next day I felt REALLY sore tough. I may have over did it. :-( but today is Monday and I'm feel great!

Hey pretty lady was wondering how ur recovery is going? Hope all is well xoxo
Lookin good! It's been 2 months already? Wow!

7 weeks 3 days PO

The process of healing is sure but very slow. I don't have and more seroma, I still wear my garment (7 weeks PO) l started seeing results but with all the swelling still I don't really see anymore progress. But all and all I'm bless so no complaints here.

Gorg
Your procedures look awesome!!!
hello my love I hope all is well I have made my appointment for surgery for December 5th and was wondering if there was any suggestions or advice that you can give me I really love your results so.. I thought twice and got the money together to do both the tummy tuck and boob at the same time I was wondering what kind of garment did the Dr give you was it binder? he put tummy tuck and lipo but I'm wondering what does the lipo consist of only the stomach and/ or flanks if so what is flanks? is that just your hips what is that the side of your waist I am hoping when I do it they take a little bit of the fat from my underwear your Bra goes!!! any advice is much appreciated

Not really feeling my results 13 weeks PO

I feel really fat around my mod section, maybe it's time to hit the gym. I still feel numb and I think I'm still swollen, but I'm not feeling it! Ugh!

Feeling fat at 13weeks PO

Hey luv how service doing. So I did my tummy tuck 3weeks ago w dr Timothy. N d o far I guess so good but to me one side looks different then the other. I hope in due time that changes. U still look great do u still wear ur garment my friend tells me o should wear mines all day while at work n when u go out take it off... I been foing ot and im mot as swollen as b4. Hope all is well ttys
You are looking great. Can't wait to see the pictures of you in your wedding dress.
You look great love, this swelling is a nightmare but it wont last forever. Good luck love!

Not happy!

Ugh! So my idea was that after my tummy tuck I would have this nice flat washboard tummy. Nope, not the case! Yes I look better but still not as at as I think I should be co side ring the dam pain of having my muscles tightened.

I think you look amazing!
I think U look great!
You look good in my eyes! I know we all see something totally different than others but in my opinion I think you look great!
South Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery

Dr. Timothy Alexander is the Best!! Oh and Melinda the procedure coordinator, treats you like a sister, she is the best!