South Florida Smartlipo - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had my procedure yesterday on my abs and flanks....

I had my procedure yesterday on my abs and flanks. I wasn't big to begin with but had those stubborn areas that would not go away. I work out 6 days a week and watch what I eat but just couldn't lose those areas! I am extremely happy with my results so far; I am bruised and swollen but not excessively. I had my day 2 post op appt with my doctor today, he took the garment off and I was able to see my stomach. It looks amazing!

I did have a scare yesterday after my procedure and ended up in the ER. It had nothing to do with the procedure but I woke up from the general anesthesia with one large dilated pupil and one not. I had to have an MRI of my brain to rule out a brain aneurism. Everything was good to go! I am fine, and eyes are back to normal. We believe it to be a reaction to the nausea medicine that I was on.

I have only taken ibuprofen and muscle relaxers to sleep. I don't like taking narcotics so I have yet to take any of them I was prescribed. The pain is not that bad anyway, it just feels like I did 200 sit-ups at once.

Post op day 5: I am doing well, I have hit that...

Post op day 5: I am doing well, I have hit that depression phase of "is this really worth it?" but after reading stories and doctor responses on here, I realized that it is. I am swollen to my pre surgery size, so that was bringing me down but I know that it will get better.

I am not really sore anymore, unless I jump, run, or anything like that and also to the touch. I am slightly bruised on my back, butt, and vagina area. Thankfully the swelling down there is going away but whoa was it huge!

This compression garment is awful! I can't stand it anymore. It is rubbing my incision areas raw and just sucks! My surgeon said from day 1 that I don't have to wear it (he had lipo and never wore his) but I am paranoid that it will mess up my final results so I am tolerating it for half of the day.

Today is exactly 2 weeks post op. I am feeling...

Today is exactly 2 weeks post op. I am feeling good about the procedure but I can't wait for all the swelling to be gone! It is slowly dwindling down but I know it may take months for it to be completely gone. I keep trying to convince myself of that. I still have some lumpiness and indentions but otherwise I am ok.

I started running again this week,
It was quite painful at first but it feels fine now! I am not really sore anymore unless I am hit in my abdomen by something.

Thanks for reading!

hey love ! who was your doctor ?

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I know it's hard to be patient, but your body needs to recover and heal and the swelling needs to go down. Hopefully soon you'll start to see your results come through!

Please do keep us updated with your progress!