Radiesse Cheek Injections - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm 38 years old and in the past year I realized...

I'm 38 years old and in the past year I realized that the more I worked out, the more gaunt my face looked. I love the way my body looks when I'm eating well and working out however my face began to look skinny and hollowed out. My doctor recommended radiesse and after a long conversation I decided to move forward with this particular filler. I was apprehensive due to the inability to dissolve radiesse once injected but I had and still have much confidence in my PS. For a few hours post injections, my face was tender and I had slight swelling. I iced and applied Arnica gel hoping and praying the swelling was just temporary. The next morning I awoke looking like I had gone 12 rounds in a boxing ring. I was extremely nervous and started to regret ever touching my face. My husband, a doctor, called in a Medrol dose pack which helped with inflammation. I looked horrible and the swelling didn't begin to decrease until about two days post procedure. Everyday after the first two got better and better. I saw my face transform and I feel and look about 10 years younger. It's been about two weeks now and I couldn't be happier! I love the way my cheeks look and how smooth my skin feels. My personal opinion is that one MUST do their research, the clinician doing the procedure makes all the difference.

3 Weeks post Radiesse Cheek Injections

It has been three weeks since my Radiesse injections in my cheeks. I had made it very clear that I wanted to begin very conservatively so I had just one syringe total, divided evenly for both cheeks. I'm very happy with the choice to start off slow because one syringe seems to have done the trick. I am no longer swollen or uneven. Truthfully I felt that the swelling had gone down by the fourth day. The quality of my skin looks amazing. The hollows of my cheeks are filled out and my skin has a more youthful appearance. I would definitely recommend Radiesse however never under the eyes or the area around the mouth. This product is very affective if injected by a skilled professional that knows what he/she is doing. I was extremely swollen for a few days post treatment, this goes away with a little time. Do your research and find the right doctor, can't stress how importance of this. When placed correctly, this is a fantastic injectable.
Amy Grote

Shino Bay is amazing and both Dr. Aguillera as well as Amy Grote are amazing at what they do.

Hello all, its just about two months shy of it being one year since my Radiesse treatment. I am so happy to say that it was a great decision and I am so happy with the results. I love the fullness and youthful look my face has. Amy Grote from Shino Bay in Fort Lauderdale is amazing and her work speaks for itself. I have a friend that went to a doctor in Miami and was over filled, they did something called a liquid face lift and she spend thousands of dollars trying to reverse the effects. She literally resembled a puffy baboon. She was in depression and stayed in her home for months, thankfully some of the fillers were able to be dissolved but unfortunately some were not and only time will be the answer for her. I did plenty of research and have a long relationship with Amy as a friend, she is highly skilled and truly one of the best. These fillers can work wonders if used by someone with experience combined with a good idea of what natural beauty truly is. I love Radiesse and it has been a great experience for me.

Thanks for keeping us updated! Glad its settled in well & looking good! :)

Hi, my comment was cut off :( Thanks everyone for sharing. I am considering Radiesse for my cheeks and labial folds as suggested by Dr. Horwitz (Dermatologist in Aventura, FL). Myakita3, like you, I workout and eat well, I was concerned about the troubles you described after your procedure. I was told that I could workout normally afterwards, was that the case for you? I was also quoted $1,500 to $1,700; was your procedure $600? I appreciate any feedback :) Thank you
Acreana, how are you? Hope all is well. I am currently 44 days post procedure and can say that I am still extremely happy with my results. One of our nannies that has known me for a very long time yet had not seen me in the last two months commented on how rested and fresh I look. For someone who knows me and see's me without make-up to make such a comment is confirmation of just how youthful and natural one can look if Radiesse is administered correctly. I highly recommend Shino Bay off of Las Olas, they are not only amazing and highly qualified, they teach other doctors how to inject fillers as well. Both Dr. Aguillera as well as Amy Grote are highly skilled in their fields. My husband and I have sent many of our friends to their office, all leaving there very happy with their end results. I know Amy personally and she is a dear friend so I was given a discount however $1500 seems very high in price. I was very cautious and only had one syringe split between both cheeks evenly. Perhaps your doctor is thinking you need more than one syringe? Be careful as many physicians think big results are better than subtle and more natural results. I would rather go back 100 times for more than to be stuck with an unnatural "plastic surgery" look for two years. Post procedure I was very swollen however I did a high intensity spin a thon for charity the next evening. My husband called in a prescription for a medrol dose pack (prednisone), so I was able to get a head start on getting the swelling to go down. I iced for the first 24 hours and also applied arnica gel several times a day. Its a bit scary to see your face like that but rest assured that it does indeed go down when the doctor fills just the right amount and does it correctly. I live in South Florida as well and my husband is a doctor as well, we see many patients in our office that have seen "top" doctors for their cosmetic procedures and plenty of them look far from natural. I'm a mother of two and my main concern was to preserve my youthful look rather than to alter my look all together. I hope this answer has helped you and I wish you the best of luck.
workout and eat well, I was concerned about the troubles you described after your procedure. I was told that I could workout normally afterwards, was that the case for you? I was also quoted $1,500 to $1,700; was your procedure $600? I appreciate any feedback :) Thank you!
Yes...great on the cheek area (deep areas) BUT DO NOT USE UNDER THE EYE AREA!

Having swelling like that would be scary, especially if it was your first time. I'm so glad to hear it has gone down and that you are happy with how things look at this point. Please keep us updated if you notice it go down more (if there was still some swelling) after the 2 week mark, or if it pretty much holds steady from here on out.