38 Years Old, 3 Kids, 3 C-sections, Divorcing, Going to Law School Full-time, and Ready for a New Body - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I went in for my consultation yesterday and booked...

I went in for my consultation yesterday and booked 2 surgery dates for a mommy makeover. For the 1st surgery in 2 weeks, I will be getting a breast lift and a tummy tuck. For my 2nd surgery, on August 15th I will be getting a butt lift and full body liposuction. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have been reading reviews from realself for weeks and have finally decided to go through this. My divorce is almost finalized and it is time for me to get the body back that I once had. Last year around this time I was 25 pounds lighter. But going to law school and raising 3 kids by myself has been tough. So I have been snacking and have gained a significant amount of weight. I have read so many success stories that I know that now is the time to do this for myself. This procedure can change my life. I want my outside to look as good as I feel inside.

I will take some pictures soon and upload them so you can see what I am working with. Kuddos to all that are doing this for themselves. Thanks for sharing your experiences because they give others the courage to go for it.

My pics

Dr. Osak Omelepu

Good luck on your journey! You're going to look Fabulous!! My mom was tripping too(I'm going to be 40 in a month she was trying to treat me like a kid) I had to let her have it after a few conversations of hearing her negativity. I told her I don't want to hear another negative word, I told her I'm going to spend my money on me for a change, ALL my bills are paid, I worked hard for my money! I don't tell her how to spend hers and there is NO ONE who can change my mind so pray for me to have a speedy recovery. She said well in that case "do u". Lol. Ok, mom, I am! So don't worry, your mom will come around, they just want to be in control. Lol. And if she doesn't, don't feel bad, you're doing something u want and I'm sure, deserve! :)
Hi DropDeadDiva, Thanks for the reassurance. She still has nothing to say to me, but I don't care. At this point I don't want any negativity around me. She is a control freak and this side of her is ugly. I deserve this procedure and I am not asking her to help me pay for it. Although, she helped me in the past with some bills, this procedure is completely financed and I am paying for it, not her. If she doesn't come around, then I feel sorry for her. This is something that I am doing for myself and I cannot wait to see how beautiful my body will look in the end. It is funny, all of my friends are excited for me, but my own family isn't. Oh well. I can't have it all. Thanks for your message DropDeadDiva!!!!
Amen^^^^^!
Yay!!!! See, hardest part is over for you! Now tell mama that with your new body, lots of men are going to want to buy you a new car, so it's a win-win investment! Once she sees how great you're going to look (but you really already look great), she's going to think about a few procedures she wants to have! Watch!
Hi Leti_I, after she had time to think about it she called me back and tell me much told me off. She pretty much cut me off from certain things but at this point I don't care. I have to do what is best for myself. Can't wait for that new car. ;)
I wouldn't worry about it. You're doing this for yourself---no one else. What other people think isn't important.
You're right. This is for me. I think that this is one of the best decisions I could have made for myself.
Good morning ladies. I am getting closer to my 1st procedure (tummy tuck and breast lift) and I am feeling a little more comfortable about making the decision to do this. I finally told my mother (who is very critical) and it feels good to let the cat out of the bag. The 1st thing she said was "you could have bought a new car with that money". I think that a new body instead would be worth a lot more to me. All this time I was more scared about how she was going to react versus just having the surgery itself. Crazy, huh? Anyway, there are 11 more days to part 1 of my transformation. I can't wait to get this started. :)
And thank YOU for starting your story here. You're getting the works and I hope you'll keep us posted on your journey. Do you have someone to take care of the kids for the first week or two after each surgery?
Hi Angiemcc. Thanks for your response. I do not have someone to take care of my kids either time, but my oldest is 15, my middle child is 11 and my youngest is 5. Hopefully, we will manage just fine. I must admit that I am very nervous though. Any tips that you can share with me?
Nobody to help you?? That doesn't sound good sweetie! How will you get home? I'm sure your 15 year old will do great with her siblings, but what about you being able to get up and down the first 3 days? I hear those are the roughest. Maybe you can hire a nurse to sit in with you for a while??? I see you're doing it in the summer so at least you won't have to worry about school for them, however, please consider getting someone there with you for the first few days following each procedure!
I am too independent for my own good. :( My friend is going to drive me to the surgery center and will pick me up and take me home after it is all done. Also, my daughter's friend's mother volunteered to help me out in anyway that she can. I hope that I will not need too much help. I hate to be a burden on anybody. For some strange reason, I think I am superwoman. :)
I understand that mode. I'm often accused of it, but in this circumstance, I think you should take any and all the help you are offered. Neither surgery is going to be easy.
Hey Mochalaw I was reading your post and I am happy to see that you are taking this plunge, but I have to agree with leti_l . I am a very independent person and I didn't think I would need any help after my tummy tuck, but boy was I wrong and I am so happy my husband and mother in law were here to help me out. My kids did little things to help, but an adult in the house made things a lot easier especially for the first 3 days. I'm not saying you can't do it, but it is a lot and a lot of people compare a TT to having a C-Section but the one thing that varies is the tightening of your stomach muscles and thats were the problem come in you won't be able to use your stomach for anything. I don't want to sound like a downer, but if you can have someone come over and stay with you for the first couple of days that would make your recovery a lot easier. Well best of luck and I hope I didn't scare you I will be following your journey and get ready the new you!!!
Hi babygirlva3, I hear what you are saying. I will see if I can get somebody to check on me every couple of hours. I understand that it is important to have the proper support. Maybe if I tell my mother that I'm going to get this upcoming procedure, I can get her to give me a hand as well. Thanks for your feedback and well wishes. It really helps. :-)
Leti_I, I understand. I will reach out for support. The one person who supports me the most is my mother. But I have not even told her yet. I think that she will disapprove & I don't want to hear any negative comments because I'm already nervous as hell. But I have to put my big girl panties on and just tell her. I think I will wait until the last minute to let the cat out of the bag with her. in the meantime, I will try to reach out to my friends so that things won't be as rough as they would if I were to handle everything by myself. Again, thanks for your advice. I truly appreciate it. :)
That's a great decision!
Trust me, I completely feel you on the negative comments! A lot if people are against plastic surgery, but this is something you want, so take all the negatives with a grain of salt. Appreciate the concern though and stay positive. We are choosing elective surgery that does put us at risk. She wouldn't be mom if she didn't voice her concerns/fears. I don't want to sound like your mom, but I'm concerned about you being able to get around without assistance, being able to stand, getting your meds on time, any emergencies with you or the girls that might arise.
Thanks Leti_I.;)