Upper and Lower Bleph "Eye Lid Surgery" -Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have wanted this done for a long time now,...

I have wanted this done for a long time now, because I have always had puffy lower lids. I had a gastric sleeve earlier this year and have lost right at 60 lbs now. With the drastic weight loss my skin on my face has become more loose and droopy so my eyes have become more pronounced with the excess skin and puffiness. I thought it was time to do something about it, because all the cosmetic treatments, creams lotions and empty promises and several hundreds of dollars to Bio Derm was not getting it. It was not a bad procedure, I did it without a sedative just local anesthesia that's all. It went well my Doctor who I absolutely love said I was a great patient even without a sedative. It took about 2.5 hours for both upper and lower on both eyes. Unfortunately I'm not a person who heals fast or well. I have had minor complications like my stitches opening and had to be re-closed today that is why my left eye looks more swollen and red in the pictures. If you look closely you can see I still have stitches in that eye. 5 days after the procedure Doc removed the stitches, 2 days later I came down with an eye infection and an allergic reaction to the eye drops he prescribed for the infection. After a few days it cleared up and my eyes begin to heal and look better. Dr. Thomassen said he would have preferred to see me less bruised and swollen but that happens with some patients, we all are different and heal different. I bruise easy all the time and it takes a long time for my bruising to go away even if some one pinches me it will last over a week. :-( Other than that I'm doing fine now. I was a little depressed and scared at first but that is now going away, not depressed about my face any more but still watching and looking at it all the time like a hawk, lol. That's my personality a little obsessive I know, but don't tell anyone. I think it is worth it I can see the change today and I think it will come out better than I expect so I will keep you posted.

I Forgot To Tell You...

We already know how great Dr. Thomassen is but I failed to mention he ask me if I wanted him to remove all of the skin tags on my eyes and around my eyes because he did not like them. What do you think I said? Heck Yes! Remove all them suckers as much as you want! Man this Dr. Is amazing he wants you to look better than you think you want to look yourself. BTW my surgery was $3,700 not $4,700 I just noticed I pressed 4 instead of 3. I hope they can change this here. If you are looking for just upper lids you can look on Groupon if he still is offering the discount there. I did not pay for it through Groupon I just mentioned I seen it there and they honored it. What a great office. Can you tell I love my Doctor and his staff! Just Awesome!

Ugh!!!! Need my stiches fixed again

Well as much as I love Dr. T's bedside manner... I have to go back to FL for more stitches, my left eye is not healing properly because my stitches came open after the first surgery he restitched them and then 2 days latter it came open again. Now I'm back in Texas and it's not healing properly it has a whelped type of scar. He looked at my pictures and wanted me to come back right away but unfortunately I need to work and make some money first. I guess I will go 1st or 2nd week of December. Thank goodness I go out there like every 6 weeks anyway to visit my sweetie. Well I have to tell you guys the truth or the way my heart feels right now. Even though I adore Dr. Thomassen as I said, I'm not sure if I'm going to be happy with the final results. The jury is still out. I'm 3 weeks out today and I'm not very happy. I'm still very swollen, bruised and scars are still very noticeable. Dr. T says I look fine and he is confident that the end results will look very good. I pray he is right. This is my face we are talking about. I will keep you posted.ee

Revison & Update

Hi All,

Well I had to have my eyes re-done. Dr. Thomassen was very good about it and got me in ASAP. I so love his personality and bedside manner I will not take that away from him at all. I am beginning to love my eyes! This time it was not so bad and the bruising and swelling is going down much faster. I guess I'm just a slow healer. Doctor did have to remove more fat and lift the upper eye more and revise some scaring. I will update again with pictures with now make. These are just some I took today so I could get an update on here. Hope all of you who just had surgery or getting ready to have it I wish you the best and pray that you LOVE your results.
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Thomassen, he is so nice, caring, gentle and truly listens to you. I could not have felt any safer. His staff is very nice and helpful also. I have been very blessed to find two great Doctors on this site. Thanks to all who post and put their pictures up so people can make informed decisions. We need to help each other because finding a great Doctor is not easy so this site helps tremendously. Thank you Real Self.com I truly appreciate you and I'm a big fan!