I'm a 40 old mom of a 17 yo breast fed daughter....

I'm a 40 old mom of a 17 yo breast fed daughter. Over the past few years I have lost over 80 pounds. Big boobs have been part of my identity since highschool. For years I was 38DD. Since my weight loss, I still have quite a bit of breast tissue, but it just looks like a puddle in and out of my bra. I need "ME" back. I am having 2 separate procedures, a full anchor lift 9/26, and implants approx 3 months later. I'm very nervous as this is the first surgery I've ever had. My husband is so supportive and just plain amazing. I'll be traveling out of state to have this done, so that adds an element of difficulty to the post-op process. But I chose my Dr. after a lot of research so I feel comfortable with this choice. I wish this was as easy as buying a car... You know what you're gonna get before you buy! At this point I have no idea of cc's, I just know I want that really big 'in your face' look! I've had my blood work and mammogram and I'm ready to roll!

Will September EVER get here??

Trying to throw myself into work, family, and just life in general to hopefully make the time pass faster. Family reunion this weekend, so that will be a nice distraction. My upcoming lift tends to consume my thoughts, but I guess that's normal. Thought I'd take the plunge and post a 'real' pic of my girls. 9/26 please hurry!

The last 10 lbs...ugh!!

Trying hard to lose those last stubborn pounds before my breast lift and lipo! So hard! Was down a few this morning, 155 and I would love to be 150 before my surgery. Either way I've come a long way since my heaviest at 235!

So Ready For This!

I can't believe next week is my surgery! I'm so ready to do this. I had my husband take a pic of me this evening and seeing myself in this picture just rekindles the excitement and desire to transform my saggy, baggy body! I've started telling people I work with why I'll be gone and its so funny to see their reactions! Just trying to get everything ready to be gone for 6 days. My dad will be house/dog sitting(he's the most wonderful daddy in the world!), so I have to grocery shop and stock the house for him. I hope I haven't forgotten anything I need to take. My Dr.'s office called in all my prescriptions so I have those, I have my arnica pills and gel, easy on and off clothes...I'm sure I'll add to the list as the day I leave approaches. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

My Pre Op Appointment

I met Dr. Revis today for the first time, but I felt like I already knew him! He has been so great to respond to my every question so quickly. I really feel like he is an artist and boobs are his clay! My sx was originally scheduled for 7:30 am tomorrow, but it was changed to 11:30. I'm really thankful for the change because originally I had to be at the hospital by 5:30 am. I'm so tired tonight, had to leave for the airport at 5 this morning...its been a long day! The anticipation of the surgery is stressful in itself, add on packing, travel, etc...its just plain draining. I'm blessed to have my husband with me every step of the way and he is wonderful! My original plan remains-full anchor lift and lipo of inner and outer thighs, upper and lower abs, back/flank area. Dr. Revis also wants to lipo the area on the sides of my boobs (sort of the underarm area) and he said he will actually do a slight reduction on my lefty since it is bigger. He says if you're gonna do it do it right and make it look as good as possible. The look I want to end up with, Dr. Revis says will take anywhere from 800-1000 cc's to achieve. I couldn't believe it! But that part won't happen for about 3 months. I started taking arnica on Monday and will continue for a while post op, also started my antibiotic tonight. Have my pain medicine and muscle relaxers ready for tomorrow.I hope to update as soon as possible tomorrow post op. I'm nestled in bed here at Hyatt and hope to have a peaceful night.

Night of surgery

Well...I DID IT! Surgery ended up beginning around noon, took about 4 hours. Again, Dr. Revis was wonderful pre op. He brought in his rainbow of sharpies to mark me up. My husband had a lot of fun with that! We all joked around and kept lite. I remember all that, but pretty much my next memory is waking up in the recovery room. Talk about couture, you should see my outfit! I asked for my husband, but they wouldn't let him come to the recovery room. As soon as they took me back to my regular room he was allowed to come in. Dr. Revis then came in to talk to us. He said he didn't have to do the full anchor lift! He did the lollipop lift instead. I was so happy! One less incision to worry about. The boob area feels fine. I can lift my arms and use them without pain but I'm trying not to. This lipo though is a monster! He said everything went great, no complications. He removed 5 liters of fat...woohoo! I'm so swollen right now it looks like he injected 5 liters! I'm taking my arnica, antibiotics, vicadin, flexeril, and zofran(for nausea). I was pretty sick when I woke up. They gave me anti nausea medicine prior to surgery so I can't even imagine how it would have been without it! I've had some cheerios and fresh pineapple so far to eat, don't feel like eating much. Also drinking Gatorade trying to stay hydrated. I've slept so much today hopefully all the meds will help me sleep tonight. My husband is babying me, won't let me lift a finger. Can't imagine not having him here with me. Good night everyone, I'll update again tomorrow.

Day 2, first shower, yay!

I completely missed posting anything my first day post op. I was pretty much out of it. My husband made sure I didn't miss a dose of my meds. I definitely feel better today, but there is still pain. The pain pills don't make the pain go away they just make you not care that you hurt. I've been trying to get up and walk around as much as possible. We even went out for a while today. I wasn't up for much shopping, but it felt good to get away from the hotel! Took my first shower this evening and that felt OK. I hated taking my cg off! The compression actually feels good. I know all this looks worse before it looks better, but the swelling really sucks! A word of advice... Wear a pair of tight undies over your cg! The cg is crotchless, so that puts a lot of pressure on your entire vaginal area. I started to swell, so we went to Marshall's and bought a pair of under armor 'boy short' type underwear. That helped immediately! My thoughts and prayers are with all the others out there going through this with me. Now I can not wait for my implants!!!

Day 3 and 4 update...

Yesterday (day 3) was OK, just tried to keep medicated. The swelling from the lipo is very aggravating! Can't wait to get beyond the "I'm ugly" phase. After my shower last night while my husband was rubbing arnica gel on me I almost passed out. Ended up on my hands and knees for a minute. I hurried and got back into my cg and laid back down. Having the same constipation problems as most others. Took one dose of miralax and that didn't phase it. Hoping to start taking something once I get home. Hate the thought of having bathroom issues on the plane. Dr. Revis was great today at my post op appt. He explained to me again why he only had to do the lollipop lift instead of full anchor. He seems almost as excited as I am to get the implants in. Sitting at the Atlanta airport right now waiting on our flight home. I'm sooooo ready to get in my own bed! Had planned on going back to work tomorrow but I think I'll make it Thursday. The pics I'm posting are day 3. Hope everyone is healing well, you're all in my prayers!

Broward Health Medical Center

In addition to my amazing plastic surgeon, Dr. Don Revis, I can't say enough about how wonderful the hospital was! It was my first surgery ever, so I guess I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was a wonderful experience! I had a whole team there for me. Prior to surgery while we were waiting on Dr. Revis to come and mark me, they kept me wrapped in warm blankets and just made sure I was good every second of the way. The hospital has called me twice since my surgery to check on me. I would recommend this facility to anyone for any procedure...they are awesome!

Tired!

Today I am 12 days post op. Yesterday was my first full day back to work and it was a long one! I finally stopped the pain pills, I think they were doing more harm than good. I don't really have too much pain now, more like tightness and discomfort. I've been taking Tylenol PM to help make sleeping a little easier, but no more narcotics. Nothing much has changed as far as my boobs go. The steri strips are hanging on for dear life! I can't wait to see what my areolas look like! The most discomfort I have is from the lipo, now that was brutal! I'm still bruised and swollen, but its getting better every day. I take my cg off every night to shower and my husband massages me (as much as I can stand it) with arnica gel and it feels sooooo good! I have some weird numbness in my left hand and upper right arm that I hope is normal. I emailed Dr. Revis about it today so hopefully he can ease my mind about it. I'm so excited for January to get here so I can complete my transformation with the implants! Hope everyone out there is happily healing. I pray for all of you everyday. Take care ladies!

So Ready for Normal Life & Stage 2!

I am now 30 days post op lift/lipo. I feel pretty good, but I do still tire easily. Im back to work full time and sometimes by the end of the day its all I can do to drive home. My incisions are healing and starting to itch like crazy. Dr. Revis just instructed me to remove my steri strips this past Wednesday and to begin scar therapy. He also cleared me to begin exercising again. I walked 2 miles today and it felt really good. The lipo recovery was/is way worse than that of the breast lift. I'm still in a compression garment (not the surgical one, just spanx, but still such a pain). I can definitely tell a difference already though, so it's worth it! I'm in a size 6, and was a screaming, button popping 8 prior to my lipo.

I have experienced a complication. A day or two after my surgery I woke up with something way wrong with my shoulder/upper arm area. There was some numbness and weakness. It was probably there immediately following surgery but I was too doped up to notice and I think I slept funny and aggravated it. I asked Dr. Revis about it at my post op appt. and he said I'd have all sorts of funny sensations and numbness but it would all eventually go away. In my other lipo areas I am starting to feel more normal, but the problem with my shoulder was just not easing up. I had an appointment with my primary care Dr. this past Monday and I brought it to her attention and also mentioned that my husband noticed my right shoulder blade was protruding. After examining me she diagnosed it as "winged scapula". She said she couldn't say for sure that it was caused by my surgery, but regardless, the only thing I can do for it at this point is physical therapy. I contacted Dr. Revis and told him about this and he didn't seem overly concerned, said he still thinks it would be fine eventually on its own, but he was fine with the pt. He said sometimes the lipo or even local anesthesia administered in this area can affect the long thoracic nerve, but it shouldn't be permanent. I feel better having my family Dr. and phys therapist on top of it though. Its just a little hard to swallow a complication that affects my daily life due to an elective procedure. I just hope and pray that time combined with phys therapy will wake the nerve back up and normal movement will be restored. I know there are prayer warriors out there on realself that will claim this for me...as I will do for others.

I'm so looking forward to my implants now! My procedure is scheduled for January 14th. I went Victoria's Secret yesterday to be fitted for a bra just to get me thru the next couple months, and I measured 34ddd! I couldn't believe that! I understand though, that the implants are totally different than natural breast tissue and they'll measure different, but I was still surprised. My husband laughed and said that after Dr. Revis adds 800-1000cc implants I'll be a 34Z...I said..yeah in your dreams honey! On another happy note, I have managed to keep all nipple sensation so far. Hopefully that will remain after the implants go in!

All that said...good with the bad...I'm in a happy place right now, I feel I'm in good hands with all my doctors, I have an amazing family that 100% supports me, and I thank God everyday for His many wonderful blessings on my life. Everyone take care...I'll check back in later????

First Workout!

Had my first real workout today since my surgery. I've walked and done some simple things, but today was awesome! Only worked on upper body, but it felt so good! My trainer had to slow me down a couple times, reminding me I'm probably still not 100%!
I think the physical therapy is definitely helping my shoulder issue, range of motion is getting better.

I'm loving the results from my lipo! I'm still sore and still have some numbness in a few places, but its getting better. It feels so weird, sorta like its itching deep inside the tissue...and you just can't scratch there! I've been such a good girl wearing my compression garment. For a while, it felt so good to have it on, I didn't like taking it off. Felt like it was literally holding my body together! Now when I do have it off, maybe an hour or two a day, I hate putting it back on. I feel like my skin has suffered from wearing it all the time. Kinda like having a cast on for 6 weeks and can't get to your skin to moisturize. I do use bio oil when I have the cg off, but that's way not enough!

My boobs are still about the same. I'm doing scar therapy. I've tried scarguard(the kind you paint on) and scaraway(the silicone sheets)and so far I like the scaraway better. Incisions are definitely healing, sometimes it itches so bad I can't hardly stand it. I want to check with my doc and see if I can do a day every now and then of just vitamin e or cocoa butter, just something soothing.

I can not wait for my implants! I have hit my weight goal of 150 lbs(actually hit 149), and I'm feeling great getting back to working out, now I just need to complete my transformation with my new girls! So glad I have the holidays between now and then to help make the time pass faster! You guys take care. As always, you're in my prayers!

I'll post better after pics later, I promise!

Scars

Still doing scar therapy. I did take a break from the scar sheets and I've been using Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil. It is very soothing! I plan on putting the silicone scar sheets back on tomorrow. I was just laying on the couch watching football and snapped a couple pics of my scars so far. Also added some more wish pics. Hope all is well with everyone out there.

7 week update

Living so far away from my Dr. my post op follow ups are via email. Dr. Revis requested an update with new pics. He cleared me to lose the compression garment! Yay!!! I'm gonna burn it and dance around the fire! Since my surgery September 26, I haven't gone more than an hour or so without it. For a while it felt like I needed it, but now that I'm feeling more normal and my body is healing it is a pain! But I'm glad I followed his instructions and wore it faithfully because I'm so happy with my results. He is happy with the progress of my incisions, says to keep doing what I'm doing. Also, he says it shouldn't be a problem fixing the asymmetry. Lefty was way bigger pre op. He did fix it a lot with my lift, but it is still noticeably bigger. Over all though I'm very happy. This lipo thing is nothing to take lightly. I still have some numbness and weird sensations and some pain in the lipo areas. I'm really looking forward to getting the implants in and getting that recovery over with. Can't wait to show all this off! Everyone take care! Hope you all have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I can't imagine a better experience than the one I've had with Dr. Revis and his staff. I flew in from another state so I had the added stress of travel but they were all so great to work with its like I was at home. I know there are other Dr.s I could have worked with for less money, but I have no regrets! The whole process has been great! With all the patients he has and a wife and kids, he still manages to make me feel like I'm the only one. He is so quick to answer all my emails. He is a joy to work with and I HIGHLY recommend him!