Asthmatic Getting Breast Lift and Implants and Upper/lower Eyes Done! Fort Lauderdale, FL

Ok, first of all I am scared to death! I had a...

Ok, first of all I am scared to death! I had a collapsed lung at the age of 23 and had to be on life support for 2 weeks, and been an asthmatic since age 3 with yearly bouts of hospital stays. Needless to say, I am traumatized and have a deathly fear of not being able to breathe. Anyone with asthma out there, i Know you understand

Surgery tomorrow at 6am

Went for consultation today to show Dr. exactly what I wanted. I have a small frame, always had 36 c naturally, but now they are deflated and droop...lol...yeah ummm not sexy. Going for high profile, full c, 350cc saline implants. I like the fake look with cleavage that looks like you have a corset on. I think they've sagged for so long I just want those ladies up!!!! :-) will post before and after.

Surgery didn't happen ...yet

I had an asthma attack yesterday evening and had to go to the ER to get a breathing treatment, and put on prednisone ( a steroid). Got home at midnight, was at surgery center at 5:30 am. Got prepped in gown, hair cap and bootie socks and waited for the anesthesiologist and Doctor. (Doctor was 2 hours late for surgery...unreal) Anesthesiologist listened to my lungs and wouldn't clear me for surgery due to wheezing she heard. Too risky to be put under. Could go into fatal attack while intebated. Back home I went. Waiting for lungs to clear up,hopefully reschedule next month...or maybe it was divine intervention,. We will see....
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hi Tammy. How were your chest xray results? Update us pleaseeeee, take care and thanks for sharing your journey
Just checking in on you, see how you're doing and if you've been given the all clear yet.....
Thanks for checking Michele :) Current update..had chest xray last week, found a spot on my lung, went for ct scan today (my mom had lung cancer) and getting results of test tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a clearance, and if so my surgery is tentatively scheduled for July 16. :) If no clearance, then I'm going to take it as a sign and just have to deal with these saggy maggies and be happy..lol. :)
Please let us know. Prayers that July 16th will be a reality date for you!
Well yours look Amazing!!!!! And I am taking it day by day. I am in no rush. I wish I could be one of those women I see on the beach all the time (Ft. Lauderdale), they're like 65-75 yes old, in their one pieces, with their sun vizers on their heads, sun worshipping... and the don't give a rat's butt, they are just enjoying life. Could care less what others think :)
I love how you said surgery hasn't happened "yet." You're right, you will still get your surgery but your body will be 100% ready for it. You're so wise to reschedule and not take any risks. If the doc was two hours late, maybe it was a divine intervention. It just wasn't the right day. I have read other reviews from women who have also had their surgery delayed for various reasons. In hindsight, they were all glad it was postponed...and they ended up with great results. Hang in there!
Aww thanks so much!! Day by day, no rush. :)
I hope everything works out for you. Better to postpone until your lungs clear . I have asthma and now wonder if that hampered my recovery a little. Couldn't possibly be my age (60) lol. Be sure to take it easy though at the beginning of your recovery. I must say that breast augmentation has changed and for the better in the last 30 years. Good luck Tou !
Thank you! Did you have any difficulty breathing, shortness of breath after surgery or during the healing process? They said it feels like there's an elephant on your chest, that's the last thing an asthmatic wants to hear ;)
Good luck tomorrow! As long as your doctor is aware of your past medical history, you should be fine. Some doctors even prescribe a small pre-med to help with any anxiety that might overwhelm you. Here is a helpful list of recovery items you may want to have on hand. Will you have someone helping you the first day or two of your recovery? Keep us posted!
Yes I will, my husband took 2 days off :) Thank you so much for the info and support!! This forum is great, full of wonderful people!!
Good luck tomorrow, you'll do great!
Thank you!! I worked myself up so much I ended up in the ER tonight with an asthma attack. Had to get a breathing treatment and put on prednisone. Just got home, surgery is 5 hours away. Well now it's up to the anesthesiologist if they want to still do it tomorrow. Thank you very much for the support and well wishes!! :)
I got a full anchor lift and 400cc Mentor Memory Gel, I'm 5 weeks post op and my results are awesome...better than I hoped for. Pictures don't do them justice :) but...I'm healthy and still have moments where I say, "why did I do this?" When I have clothes on they look the same. I don't go naked or wear swimsuits or revealing clothing a lot. So what's the point? I'm not trying to talk you out of it or to discourage you. But you mention divine intervention. Given your medical history really think about it. Because it's not just this surgery, it is possible revisions, possible capsular contracture, possible hematomas and on and on. Good luck with your decision :)