Acute Hypersensitivity Reaction Following Radiesse Injections - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Terrible experience. The injector did not inform...

Terrible experience. The injector did not inform me that I even had a choice to try, for the first time, try try a filler that is HA based, which has an antidote or Radiesse, which has not antidote for its effects.

The injector did not, as I learned later, approach me with any form of an aesthetic analysis, nor analyze my facial proportions using "Hinger's lines". She just use some cookie cutter approach and placed the filler in according to some diagram. She failed to follow the critical steps of "right drug, right site, right dose". So, by the 14th day, my face was swollen like a grape, itchy and bloated. I went to a very competent plastic surgeon's office in Miami, Fl and they assured me, despite my tears, the product will eventually biodegrade and that I obviously had a cross reaction to the carrier gel. They placed me on a step down course of cortisone pills, antihistamines, and NSAIDS. But the best therapy they have performed on me is lymphatic drainage with a machine called Electro-Lymphatic Drainage (by Right Way Health). This machine is a miracle worker and started reducing my swelling immediately. After only 3 treatments, I was able to be presentable in public and have the confidence to survive this ordeal.
So, if this type of reaction or anything similar has happened to you, seek out this form of therapy too. It is a lifesaver! I am going for therapy 3 times a week, performing manual lymphatic massage to my neck and chest (avoiding massaging the face because it is over-stimulating) in the evening and taking the NSAIDS, antihistamines. I'll keep you posted - its been 24 days. DO NOT USE RADIESSE.
Serena at Venus Med Spa, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida