Tired of the Fake Feeling - Alexandria, VA

Hi Ladies, I am 47 and would like my implants...

Hi Ladies, I am 47 and would like my implants removed as well! I had them done in 2004 under the muscle, 350 + cc's! Like a few of you I am so tired of the fake feeling! Not to knock anyone else be I do regret gettingnthem in!

My concern is that my natural breast will look horribel afterwards. I have a scar on my left breast after a mastitis! :,

I've narrowed my search down to 2 doctors and plan on selecting one for the removal the first week of May! Although I am sure this is what I want, I really need support through this! I have the most amazing husband in the world who will see me through this, but he doesn't really understand what I am going through at this point!

Thanks for any words of encouragement! I promise to post pictures! Before and after!

I am scheduled for my explant on 2 May!

I am scheduled for my explant on 2 May!

I just wanted to share more about my journey with...

I just wanted to share more about my journey with implants. I originally got them in 1999. The first set were removed after I developed a matitis in 2002. Then I let my SIL convince me to ge them again with her and I did! Since then I was somewhat happy but always worried that they we just to big! After being sick with asthma and allergies I have decided to take anything out that was not causing "good" and yes the implants are part of that! They are not necessary and do not contribute to the greater good! I want to be whole and clean inside out and this is the beginning of my quest!

Hello Ladies! 5 days prior to surgery and I'm...

Hello Ladies! 5 days prior to surgery and I'm going to have to reschedule until the 7th! I am so bumbed right now but its for the best!

Hello ladies! I am proud to say my procedure went...

Hello ladies! I am proud to say my procedure went well!
I arrived at the surgical center at 1015 and taken back to the OR about 1115, where i underwent general anesthesia (happy juice) then my doctor conducted the removal of my implants!!!!! As I stated previously I also opted to have the capsules removed as wee, my biggest concern was the scarring on the left breast due to mastitis which is why I convenced myself to get implants the second time! Well my wonderful Dr Eric Desman did a great job revising my scar!

I departed the center around 2:30 pm feeling very groggy but no pain - well at least none in the surgical area! I did however receive laser actions to my throat which made it very difficult to swallow for a few hours! Which was my reason for taking my pain mess, I have drains inserted and they've been empted twice- ranging anywhere from 60-75 cc and starting to clear up.

I slept comfortably for a few hours but was awaken to use the bathroom several imes (my body was flushing the IV fluids out). The incision area is starting liven up with minor burning, and other than minor discomfort on my left side where the tube is inserted - I feel great! My 3 year old decided he wanted to get up at 0530 so I am entertaining him in bed until he goes to school.

Mt look very flat like squished pancakes but appear to have begun to fluff already!

So far only minor discomfort where the drains are...

So far only minor discomfort where the drains are attached on one side. Not enough to take any pain medication. Overall I feel fantastic! Although, I did have a minor scare yesterday when the drainage on the left side increased substantially! Okay, I'll admit I was feeling so good I was doing entirely to much for day 2 post-op! You can't keep a type-A down! lol However, the drainage decreased by late evening and its minimal again! Still more on the left than right but we always heal on one side faster than the other! Honestly the left side was always a problem for me! But day 3 and I feel GREAT!!!!

Day 4 post-op and I am feeling great! I saw my PS...

Day 4 post-op and I am feeling great! I saw my PS who said I had minimal capsule which is good. I was also told because of my previous surgery for a severe mastitis I have very little breast tissue in my left breast which is somewhat disheartening! Also, I still have my drains in uuuuuughhhhhhhhhh I was hoping to get them out for Mother's Day weekend but such is life! I tried talking to the girl in the office who's scheduled for breast augmentation next week but she's stuck in a cloud - the same fantasy that we all get caught in - at least I thought having implants was the answer to having beautiful sexy breast! Not! These two saggy deflated puppies are mine, all mine............and I am okay with that! I am happy to be me again itty bitty tatas and all! It's crazy how far we go away from ourselves only to end up back to what is right - me!

Day 5 Post-op and I am doing great! My left side...

Day 5 Post-op and I am doing great! My left side where the tube is sticking out is still sore and the stitches are starting to itch!!!! Now I just need to keep an eye on the drainage output which is much lower. I will call on Monday with a the report and hopefully get these darn things out by Tuesday! Welll....its Mother's Day weekend I am going to dinner tonight with my Honey any suggestions on hiding these darn drains??? hahaha Tomorrow will be much better because I am spending tomorrow in PJ's - just because!

Well ladies it has been 2 weeks and the swelling...

Well ladies it has been 2 weeks and the swelling is finally subsiding! I am still feeling a little tender under my breast where my incision are (I have steri strips). Also, on the left side where the drain stayed for two weeks - I have what appears to be scar tissue around the opening! Other that I am noticing more fluffiness - Yeah! Dong well over all but wish I could work out! I am getting read for my 30th - shut up - class reunion in June! Wish me 15 lbs away.....lol!

Take care and God bless each of you for taking such an amazing journey!
Ciao

I am about 45 days+ and I am feeling great! I love...

I am about 45 days+ and I am feeling great! I love that I now fit into my tops/shirts without stretching the buttons! I feel much lighter as though a weight was literally lifted off me chest! I am comfortable in my own skin! I am however watching to see how women are tolerating the fat injections versus implantation! Since I lost a great deal of tissue in one breast after a sever mastis this is a future option. But for now I am now life's good! I wish the best to those who are making or have made the decision to remove implants! This is an important step in reclaiming who we really are and accepting our bodies for their uniqueness / individual beauty!

Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Desman listened to my desire and made appropriate suggestions. He did not try to sway my decision in any way but provided me the best professional advice out of the 3 doctors I visited!

Thank you Green Temple for sharing your story and congrats on the new healthy you - you look great!
Wow you look fabulous, I'm reasearching Dr's right now hope I have as good as results as you!
Its my pleasure!   GT
Thank you so much for posting this review! It's amazing how quickly changes start taking place after explant. You look fabulous! I'm explanting next month and have only had my implants for 2 months! Hoping to go back to my old body.
Very inspiring review...thank you for sharing your experience it is FANTASTIC being free! :-) You look amazing btw!
It's my pleasure to share my journey! Hope all is well with you and thank you! GT
You look awesome...so much better au natural! Love the blouse pic....so sexy! Thank you for sharing your journey and helping us out here waiting for explant. ((((hugs))))
Thank you very much for reading my journey!  It's my hope that I can help others going through similar situations!!! And definitely thank you for the compliment ....teheeeee GT
Love your review... Best wishes to you.
You're so kind!  Thank you!  GT
Hi Greentemple . .just wanted to let you know that my fat transfer to the breasts was done on March 15th. I just took 10 day pics today and will get them posted in the next few days. Check out my review
Wow!  I can't wait for pictures!
You look Great!!!:)
Thank you!  How are you?
You look great! Over 6months now, how are the girls looking? Im 5 wks post op and very happy
I'm a year post-op and I feel amazing!
Hi Green temple. It's been quite a while after you explanted. How are the girls looking? Did you fluff out some more? How are yours scars? Your story was inspiring!!
BKstar4289, I keep saying I need to post pictures but haven't slowed down enough to do so..Well I started lifting weights and I did my first half marathon in Dec...and I am surrently training up for one in March!  Needlesss to say with all the traingin came weight loss plus I stop nursing my daughter after a year...sooooooo No they did not fluff up any!  They are much smaller and there are days I think what if I ...NOOOOO !  lol   I am still happy with my decision!  How are you??
Hello Green Temple, I read your story and I just love your attitude. You really have come full circle, but now you are so much better and wiser. I love that you are sharing your story and encouraging others like me. I just picked a doctor after interveiwing 3 and I have a attentive date of Feb.26 to get mine out. I am an entertainer so it is going to be alittle awkward at first for me because so many people identify me with a curvy sexy body. haha not for long. Like you I just want to have my God givin being back, just like it was meant to be. Natural. I will post before and afters just like you. Thank you for sharing your journey. Sending you much Love. enann
Songbirdie,   Thank you so much for your beautiful words!  Fortunately for you the sexy part will not go away....its who you are....I can tell you from experience that people have aalways referred tome as being sexy and even after my implants were removed - I still get the same comments!   And trust me when I tell you I went from a DDD to a hopefully B...Things have not changed!  When they are gone you will remain and your status as SEXY will increase because then you will be FREE!!!!! I wish you the very best on your journey and I know you will be just fine after all we are the finest creations from God!   Please keep me posted!   Always GreenTemple!
Hi GreenTemple, just wanted to update you on theBrava. My surgery for the fat transfer is scheduled for March 8th. I have been wearing the Brava dones for 10 days now. What a experience. The first couple days were rough but it gets better with each day. It is amazing how they expand you breasts. In 10 days I have expanded from a small A cup to a large B cup. I started a review on the Fat Transfer section as soon as its approved I'll defiently be posting pics.
Wow! I can not wait! I want to hear every detail (all that you want to share of course)! When you post is approved please send me the link. I am so happy for you and Ihave tons of questions! Thanks for keeping me posted and I wish you the very best! GT
It is on the Fat Transfer section of the board
Hi GreenTemple , I am doing really good. It's been 5 weeks now, time sure does fly. I go back to my ps on Oct 3rd for my 3 month checkup and we will discuss the Brava again. I want to see before and after pics and hopefully he will pass my phone # along to some of the ladies so they can call me. I want to know what they think since they've already done it. I am definetly doing it after the 6 months of healing that he recommended, that put me sometime in January early February. I can't wait to have it done, my only concern is the lipo (how the recovery from it will be) I definetly need to loose a little on the thighs, hips, and stomach. That's the benifit of this procedure, you get a trimmer figure and boobs too.

I have done alot of research on the Brava system and am really excited about it.

I've taken before & after pics and plan on posting them. Just a little nervious about actually posting them. I just hope they don't scare anyone off from having implants removed just because they had assymmetrical breast before they got impants to.

BeagleBaby1

Not sure how I missed this post but I did!  How are you?  Did you post your pictures yet? I doubt very seriously that you will scare anyone!

I am dying to hear what you learn from the other patients that have had the Brava treatment!  If you need some extra fat call me!  I have pleanty!

Take care and hopw to hear from you soon!

Ciao,