So Scared, I Could Cry But This Surgery is a Long Time Coming - Fort Belvoir, VA

Freaking out is an understatement. after being so...

freaking out is an understatement. after being so heavy for so long, then losing half of my self over 5 years ago and keeping it off for 5 years, I finally got my DR to give me referral for surgery. Part of me wants to just skip and deal w/ the skin. but when I look in the mirror, I dont like what I see. And I know that even after this surgery I will find something else about myself I dont like. so then whats the point.

I am so confused, scared, worried, and the list goes on.
The surgeon did tell me that since I lost my weight the right way, that I will heal faster then those who have had GBP surgery.
but no matter what they say, I am still going to feel the same way.
anyone with some advise on how to get threw just getting too "THE DAY OF", I would greatly love to hear anything you have to say.
thanks for listening

Well its been a few days since I've posted...

Well its been a few days since I've posted anything. was still trying to figure out if I was coming or going. So many mixed emotions past through this body in the last couple days. but I did start to pack my bag for my stay at my cousins. My surgery is not here is town so we have to travel. (Its 3 hrs from here) SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TOO THAT AT ALLL. NOthing like being in your own bed or own house, on the plus side, since I will be cooped up for so long the change to being back home will be GREAT.
anyone had to deal with surgery away from home, please let me know how it was for you. Since are Miltary we pretty much have to go where they send us, and since the Navy wouldnt do the surgery and the Army would, (Need I say more) but I am thankful that I can have this done,
WEll I guess thats all for now, I will post more as time marches on and butterflies become more prominant.

Pre=op today...13 days to go til TT. I feel...

Pre=op today...13 days to go til TT. I feel better after talking to the DR and got all my lab work taken care of.
I just want to get this over this.
Am I getting a little ahead of my self?
or will I be going through another wave of emotions right before?

Not sure if I mentioned that my husband is taking me too a bed and breakfast next weekend.....he thinks it will be good for me, us, ETC. plus I mentioned too him that I read on here that another Ladies hubby took her away for the weekend.

Alrighty guys..surgery is over. my journey home...

alrighty guys..surgery is over. my journey home from our 3 hr trip is over. we had to travel to get this done.
anyway.....here is my advise too you who are about to get this done.
Do Not read too much into some of the things ppl say on here. it is your journey and you should choose to deal with it in your own way.
I read a lot of stories on here which I think made things worse in just getting too the day of the surgery.
I had a friend that I had to tell off cuz she kept telling me how I was going too feel...Well how the heck do you know, you've never had this done, so you have no idea what I am going through.
every day for the last couple of days I would get a text from her telling me what was gonna happen. REally? I dont think so.
so i told her off. cuz I coudnt take it anymore
needless tosay when I spoke too her today she didnt even mention it.

As for pain yes i had some....only took the pain pills every 4 hrs for the 1st 24 hrs, then we too every 6hr for about 12 hrs of so, and havent had any since. I am on day 5 PO.
one drain has also been removed. Going back in a week to have the other removed.
so this far I feel pretty good.
Laughing sucks cuz that hurts, coughing is no picinic either.
so on that note, I am going to eat my dinner my hubby just went to fetch for me.

Enjoy your journey, you desrve it
Dr Bosseacerre

He was referred by my DR