Made All the Difference - Fort Belvoir, VA

I had the fortune of getting Botox for my...

I had the fortune of getting Botox for my migraines from a military neurologist. At least I didn't have to worry about credibility of the facility and the doctors. I have had migraines as long as I can remember (I am 37). I have had the multiple prescription drugs and OTC. Tried ruling out foods, activities what have you. The Botox was like a ray of sunshine. Did my research, asked a million questions at the consultation appointment as well as the actual appointment. The staff was amazing, the military covers it so they do quite a few procedures every month. They have the experience and the trends in success and side effects rate, since many are repeat patients. I had 30 shots, all over my forehead, sides and back of the head, neck and shoulders. I was prepared for all the negatives of the prior reviewers. I asked about all those and the doctor said none of her (repeat) patients ever had anything like that happen. I was ready to be the first though... but nothing happened. I had minimal pain with actual injections, even though they used the freeze spray. After that - nothing. Usually I get a migraine every two-three days. I have been migraine free for 10 days and it's been the best 10 days of my life! Not even a little headache! I usually go down for the count after a workout, but last weekend I did Crossfit, and - nothing. I am confident that this will be my last migraine treatment ever. Even if I get a migraine tomorrow, 10 days paint free is more than I ever got. I cannot state anything in terms of appearance, maybe after a few rounds I will see results, but since they only do few shots in the forehead and not the same areas as Botox cosmetic, I don't really count of any substantial benefits in that regard, but if that happens, I'll take it...

Typical Migraine Triggers - no more!

I wanted to post about several situations that in the past would give me a guaranteed migraine - went to a rock concert (sure but not the worst way to get a migraine...), and made it through with not even a little headache (my hearing was another story...). Few days later went on a run, which usually results in a migraine 100% of the time, right about mile 3. Went 6.5 miles with a clear head and numb toes (toes were not amused). Overall, those situations where it would no question before, I didn't get a migraine and that's amazing to me and a sign that Botox works, at least for me. Half marathons are in my not too distant future!
Fort Belvoir

Excellent

Wow it sounds like you are getting your life back, congrats.  So great that the military covers the Botox, so many people are forced to pay out of pocket for this procedure.  I hope your results last, please keep us posted on anything else you notice or if you have another migraine.

I am very pleased you have had relief from the migraines. For the most part I have had success. On 2 occasions I have had pain on the back of my neck area right side for 2 days where my injection was. My neurologist was one I would highly recommend.