Disfigured in Sacramento

I had a slightly lowered brow and wanted to raise...

I had a slightly lowered brow and wanted to raise it a bit. I paid for sedation, but was operated on for an entire afternoon without any sedation, since Dr. sent the anesthetist home (saves him money). I was awake, in pain, and terrified for hours. I could hear the loud sound of the needle going into and out of my head.

Dr. has had six shoulder surgeries and complained during the entire procedure about how tired he was,how he couldn't get the needle through my skin, and how much his shoulder hurt. THE NURSE actually finished the surgery behind my ears for him (she did the stitching, which turned out horribly, and which she is not trained to do).

Dr. cursed during the entire procedure (every word in the book--especially "I'm so God-D tired...) My forehead is so low now that I cannot open my eyes fully. I have ugly scars radiating from my eyes to my hairline. I have lost over 50 per cent of my hair. I have to wear a wig full time. I cannot raise and lower my eyebrows normally. I will need extensive reconstructive surgery. There is nothing that can be done regarding the hair loss. This surgery was a tragedy and disfigured and damaged my face and hair permanenetly.

Dr. should not be performing surgery of any kind--I believe that he is very unstable, angry, and imcompetent. I would not recommend any physician associated.

Dr. John Osborn, The Plastic Surgery Center

Doctor has had 6 shoulder surgeries, is both physically and mentally impaired. He permanently disfigured me and I am now permanently having to wear a wig. He operated on me with no sedation, although I had paid in advance for sedation--I was awake and in pain, terrified. I have chronic severe eye pain now. Dr. did not help me at all after the surgery.

SUE! you only have 2 years to do it after the surgery, don't wait
I do not normally advocate suing people, but in this case I would. He needs to stop and it was so unethical that he operated without sedation.
We live in a civil society. It is very important that people are able to take action against individuals who have caused them harm. Feuding and war are the result when people are unable to resolve their issues before the justice system. I am currently in litigation about harm that was done to me by a board certified plastic surgeon. Everything is set up for the doctor to have the advantage. It is very very difficult and very expensive to sue for medical malpractice. Depending on the state you live it it will be almost impossible to sue even when you are the victim of medical malpractice. AVVO has a pretty good referral program and some attorneys say they will take the case on. I got turned down by several attorneys before I found one who would take the case. Also I learned that medical malpractice is a "specialty of law". So the average slip/fall lawyer is not capable of doing a medmal case. You need to find a specialist. Check with the county and state bar association to find such a legal specialist.
It is worse--I am still wearing a wig, my left eye is drooping yet I can't close it completely, and sores still rupture after almost two years all over my head where the stitches were. I basically look like a freak--even my friends agree. I have lost some of the vision in my left eye.The left side of my mouth droops so much that, in order to talk, I have to hold that side of my face up with my hand. People ask me if I have had a stroke! It is so hard to go on...I fear for anyone who ever goes to this doctor since I believe eventually he may kill someone. Local malpractice attorneys tell me that in the state of CA it is impossible to win a malpractice suit against a plastic surgeon due to laws that protect them. I was so outgoing and had so many friends, but have become a recluse, due to the trauma and disfigurement. Thank you for your compassion--it touches my heart!
OMG. I'm so sorry to hear that. I am considering a forehead lift surgery but after reading your comment i'm not so sure I shoul do that. Could you tell me who was your doctor?
OMG!! I am so sorry to hear about that!!! Did you consult with other doctors to see what they can do? I am considering the forehead lift because I have a big forehead. Could you please tell me who the doctor is. I really am nervous.
I am sorry for you. I was also disfigured by a BCPS and I know how it changes your inside as well as your outside. I am able to sue here in NYS. Still the Dr has every advantage and I have been tagged by my current Drs as a lawsuit. If I did not have this avenue to hold this guy accountable i do not know how I would cope..
I am so sorry to hear about all that went wrong. This doctor did not maintain a professional relationship with you and if told about the pain he should have taken care of it on the spot. MD's think that they can work well past retirement age to bring in income that they need. I took my Dog to a Vet that should not be working and his assistants basically tell him what they see and then he does what he can. There are good MD's and bad MD's and someone has to graduate at the bottom of their class. Haqve you considered see this MD once again so that he can see what you see. Then you could ask him to pay for corrections that need to be made by another doctor instead of suing him. Doctors pay high malpractice insurance rates and the the thought of a lawsuit may make him reconsider your care. Play dumb and say that you were told to sue him but thought that you would not like this info in his record and just could not do that to him. Medical malpractice should be easy to do against this man with the damage that he has done. Have someone take close up pictures of you without wearing make-up and do not smile unless it shows a damaged area. No matter what you think that you look like you do not deserve to live through this. You need to get information that is documented by a psychologist regarding your depression. If you feel distraught share that with your therapist. Document everything! Then you take your CA Girl attitude and get things fixed on this MD's dime. Go out in public with your friends and have your picture taken with them! If you do use a lawyer make sure that you get three opinions and referals and ask the lawyer to work on a continguency basis. Every one wins that way. No MD is totally protected by laws. You can sue them, you can win! I wish you the best of luck with this and I think that you will do fine.
o my god i hope ur better now