4 Months Post Op - Folsom, CA

Stats: -24 yo, had 2 kids, ~125-130lbs,...

stats:
-24 yo, had 2 kids, ~125-130lbs, ~63", half white/ half asian
-350cc under periareola silicone
-AA (barely there) to C/small D depending on brand
bust: 34, 35 w bra (was 29, 30)
under bust: 28
thinnest: 27
widest mid (stomach): 34
butt: 37.5

PROS:
I was planning on goin 275cc but doctor recommended 350cc- I'm happy she did! I love the way they fit my frame. I can wear a bathing suit in public! Don't need to stuff them :) I don't have to wear padded bras anymore unless I want them to look bigger- Sometimes I wonder if I should've gone a little bit bigger (I dress very modestly) but I figure I just need to lose a little weight around my middle and I'll be fine. They look very natural, not too perky/cleavaged. I feel more confident in bed and naked.

CONS:
Had a hematoma in my left breast and had to have another surgery 2 weeks after the initial surgery.

It's been 4 months since the 2nd procedure and my breasts and nipples are asymmetrical - I'm wondering if I'll need a revision. Also, the scar on my left incision is not as pretty as my right.

Don't like that they move when I flex or get shivers- didn't know they'd be like that!

WHY I DID IT:
I was always very small/barely there and after kids they looked VERY flat. I wanted my clothes to fit better and to be able to wear a bathing suit confidently (I live near the beach). I didn't feel comfortable topless in front of my husband or being intimate in bed (He honestly didn't mind my barely there chest - he's a 'butt' guy, and agreed to the BA because I was so unhappy).

OVERALL:
I am completely happy that I did it. I hope I don't need a revision but if they don't become symmetrical I will (3rd times the charm?).

Procedure:
I was a bit nervous to have the procedure since it was such a big surgery. All went well but did 'taste' some medicine pre surgery, once I got m IV in. That can happen since I had to fast. Post op I threw up and felt nauseas. Didn't feel much pain when I was medicated. Did feel nauseas from medicine though so tried to 'tough it out' with ibuprofen. I wore a band on my chest which made it very uncomfortable and seemed to cause more pain than without it. It sucked that I had to do a second surgery and because I didn't want to deal with the pain all over again (it wasn't as bad at all compared to the first time) and not being able to drive.

They did send a candle and a complimentary coupon with discount off of a laser hair removal procedure (to be used with in one year).

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

My PS: She was very 'by the book' didn't make it much of a personal experience but she suggested the size that made me happy. Besides the operating room hardly saw her, spent more time with a nurse. Very professional, well educated compared to my friend's BA. Staff was friendly enough and place was very clean, discreetly located. Operating room was professional.

Wow! What a great string of comments! Thank you all. I'm planning my surgery for this spring and your comments have helped immensely!
Glad to help! Let me know if I can answer a question that we haven't covered that I might be able to help with :)
Thanks for sharing. I'm also a double A and am about to have a final consultation before I set a date. I have been thinking about this for over 10 yrs and am finally taking the plunge. I'm just so nervous that after not having ANY breasts, that the transition may be shocking and am nervous about feeling like there is something foreign in my body. How has the mental adjustment been? No one ever seems to talk about that part. Thanks.
Pamela6058:
Since I had kids, my breasts got up to a C when breast feeding. That's how I knew what size I wanted to go to (I also got a few stretch marks the first time my milk came in when I got engorged, you might get some too after surgery). I wasn't shocked at all at the size since I was accustomed to seeing my breasts the same size during breast feeding.

When they first put in your implants they will rest high on your chest and be VERY firm. That will be weird. They'll feel very foreign and not look natural. My implants dropped rather fast though I know someone who's took a lot longer and we both breast fed so I don't know what affects that. When they are high they may look a lot larger and are still swollen. I could feel swelling around my bra strap, down the sides of my body and under my arms so don't try walking around too long after the first week.

Mentally it wasn't a problem at all. I would suggest not getting a size that is too large or uncomplimentary to your body. You don't want to look too top heavy (both front and side views) because that just screams 'fake'.

It did feel like there was a foreign object in my body at first but once the implants settled it just reminded me of having milk in my breasts (a full or heavy feeling). When they soften they also feel more real. The one thing I wasn't prepared for that I didn't read about, was the scar. I could feel the scar from different angles when I palpated my breast. Now, 4 months later, it doesn't feel that noticeable but earlier I could definitely feel it.
@Pamela6058- Same here. I did find auntysteph's
response to this question helpful. But, I agree w/you; there doesn't seem to be much talk about the "foreign object" issue. That being said, I speak for myself here, I'm lousy at researching here/on the internet in general, maybe there's a way to find these questions answered in an archive or something? This forum is a first for me. It was recommended by the Dr's office because I don't have any women to talk to about this. As for your question, maybe we develop amnesia after surgery? Our nervousness and concerns will have been faced and it's all about moving on? I'm small breasted, but after gaining 40lbs at my age (44) I seem to have some fatty tissue remaining. The weight gain could turn out to have been a blessing in disguise? I've lost 30 of it and am down to the last 10-12, whew. 142lbs,5'6",36A and only want a "B" size as I enjoy my fitness classes and horseback riding. I have a large ribcage and broad shoulders, so I'm wondering if the Dr. will suggest a big cc count? When looking at pics I think I want 170-190. But who knows, right? (I'm prepared to give up the horse stuff to keep my new boobs healthy after I get them, though.) So sorry for the novella ladies!
Thank you auntysteph, your answer was helpful. It means so much.
Schmarla:
No problem! I just want to share my experience because that's how I was able to gain research prior to surgery. My PS did hand out fliers but it's just the basics and I wanted to hear personal experiences of the pros and cons.

I was nervous a bit at the idea of having to do a surgery (having never had any surgery before) and my PS prescribed some valium which I took before I went in. Once you go through with it you don't have real nervousness because you'll see the progression of your implants dropping and your breasts feeling the way they need to be. One recommendation would be to take a photo each week and not try to look at them EVERY day because it'll be hard to notice the progress (then you'll end up getting discouraged). I know most PS on this forum say that you need to wait until 4, 6 or even 12 months post surgery for full healing.

Your implants will start to feel apart of you and less like a foreign object. You'll notice it as the months go by that you don't think of your breasts as having implants at all, because they look and feel natural. I don't know if there's a difference if they'll feel more foreign if they are placed over the muscle.

Also, I know that some websites sell implant sizers if you want to try out implants at different cc's before you go in. I would use a camera and clothes that you where often to get a good idea of what you'll really look like. Maybe even wear the implant sizers out to the mall and see if you feel comfortable/confident walking around with the size and trying on clothes.

I was able to try on sizers at my PS's office only once and the day before surgery, I'm REALLY happy she suggested a larger size than the ones I tried on. I didn't want an unnatural look since I'm so petite but I do think if I had gone with the original size that I had planned (275cc) that I would have been disappointed. At first I though that was such a huge difference 275 vs 450 but now that they are settling down they are exactly at the size that I want them. Also, I go to the gym and they don't ever get in the way (I wear a C sports bra), you just need to get bras with good support.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing your story! Happy healing and nice pic!
wow... they look awesome girl, you must be very happy!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here on RealSelf! I'm sorry you had to deal with a hematoma. Ugh! It sounds like you're overall pretty happy with the results. Did your surgeon say if the implants might still be settling and that your nipples might even out a bit.

You look great though, truly!