Planning a Tummy Tuck - Flowood, MS

I haven't done my tummy tuck yet or scheduled my...

I haven't done my tummy tuck yet or scheduled my consultation but I'm really serious about getting this procedure done. I have some friends and family members really trying to talk me out of doing this but my mind is made up. I'm really uncomfortable with my stomach after three kids and I've exercised. Everything goes down except my stomach. It's too saggy and I hate to look it the mirror.

Internet

Then you should go for it!!!  Set up at least three consults and start doing your research.  We will all be here for you.

Thanks a lot. I've been really searching for doctors close to me and I've found a few. I'll be calling Monday for consultations. I understand my families concern but this is my body and I wann be comfortable with it.

That is exactly right!  It's your body and your decision..so move forward with pride and confidence.

dparson don't talk yourself out of doing this!!! I had my TT on Jan 17 and it is truly the BEST thing I have ever done for myself!!! Alot of the posts here talk about pain and such, but I really had none to speak of!! Remember, everyone's experience is going to be different, but I can HONESTLY say I wish I had done this years ago. You cannot imagine what a difference thisTT has made in my life. I can go out in public wearing form fitting clothes and not feel the need to hide or camoflauge (sp?) my stomach. It's so liberating!! Please do this for yourself. You deserve it,and I promise you won't regret it for one moment!!! I think my PS is a miracle worker, who practically walks on water, he gave back to me the confidence I had lost so long ago. DO IT for yourself.
I won't let anyone talk me out of doing this because I wanna feel good about myself again. I'm 38 years old with three boys and I just wanna do something for me now. My 13 year old always comes in and says, "mom you got a pouch in front of you", and that hurts me to hear him say that. I haven't always had that pouch in front of me until I had an operation about 7 years ago. I have the young face of a tweny year old but my stomach looks so old and wrinkly! So depressing!
Thanks for the advice. I'm not really scared of doing the procedure I just don't wanna hear what my family has to say. I just wanna be comfortable with myself. I always wear big clothes to hide my stomach and I always wear the leggs pantyhose with the waist cinching shaper. I don't wanna wear those anymore. I want my own cinched waist! I'll post when I get my consultation. Thanks again!
You deserve to feel good. Han g tough! : )
Do what makes you happy. When I mentioned it to my mother several years ago she rolled her eyes at me and told me I was being ridiculous. So, at the age of 42, I did it and never told her. It's your body and you get to do to it as you see fit. I'm only 4 days post-op and still have a long road to healing but I did this for ME. If YOU want it then do it for YOU. Just make sure you have a good support system. I'm thankful for my husband and my wonderful friends who are all taking such good care of me. GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide.
Thanks for the support. When I told me mother she just got off the subject cause she said I've lost my mind. Well when she sees how serious I am maybe she'll have the same thing done!
I don't think it's fair for others to try to talk you out of it. I know that when I finally took the plunge and did it, I needed moral support. I am 12 days post-op, and luckily I know 2 people who had it done and they gave me the impetus to go ahead. I looked like a 55 year old pregnant woman, and it was so depressing. I have had a few minor complications, but I am thrilled with my doctor and the results. I wish you luck and PEACE OF MIND!!! Hugs to you!.
Thanks so much for the support. My boyfrien says I don't need to do it cause he likes me the way I am and I really appreciate him saying that nut I'm uncomfortable with myself. We went on a trip to Alabama and I had lingerie. I was so ashame to wear it casue my stomach sags so much!
Sweetheart, you deserve to feel good. That is so great that your boyfriend loves you the way you are. It's so hard to feel uncomfortable in your own body. My prayers are with you. I wish you every good thing! : )
Im n the same boat as you but i have my consultation on the19th of this month.. im so excited about it... I have had family members say the same.. let me know what the doctor says
I have yet to schedule my consultation. I've searched doctors close to me and I think I may have found a couple I wanna see. Hopefully they can get me in real soon. I'll be scheduling my appointment this coming mOnday. Good luck to you!
After researching many different doctors. . I found one and paid for my TT today. . My date is 3/8 in so excited. .. good luck and let me know how everything goes. .