No More Loosey Goosey!! - Florida

After birthing 3 large babies I realized something...

After birthing 3 large babies I realized something just wasn't right down there. I would be doing dishes and feel as if there was something trying to come out of my vagina. When I would have a bowel movement it felt like something was trying to fall out. Naturally I got my camera and started snapping pix to see what I could see! There was a bulge trying to come out of my vagina??? I also had bladder incontinence when I would sneeze or run, anything jarring. I started googling, "feels like my insides are coming out my vagina" and found that I had bladder and rectum prolapse. I felt loose, and orgasm was getting harder to achieve, which was never a problem for me before, but my husband & I were having some problems and I just figured they were related. I went to my gynecologist, explained to him my problems and he told me I would need an anterior posterior colporrhaphy, we quickly set a date. I asked him to make me super tight, he said 2 finger widths.
My procedure was done as an outpatient in the hospital that my dr. has privileges. I went to my sister's house for a few days to rest. I didn't have pain, mostly discomfort and tenderness. I was so afraid to poop! I guzzled MOM and all was well.

I had read so much on the procedure from other women, I was afraid there would be pain or sexual dysfunction, but thankfully I did not experience any of that.

I am super satisfied! So is my husband! :)
Dr. Denis Perez

OK so I'm reading into this and am very interested in having the anterior posterior done. What's the diff in this and vaginoplasty? With my insurance it has to be deemed medically necessary before they will cover it. I'm scared but so need this. I have had three babies myself and feel this "buldge" a few of you mention. I hate it and it makes me feel super uncomfortable. Any advice appreciated!
Do you have the contact info for this Dr I was considering the procedure I am totally scared but after reading your post I feel a bit better.
You can find him on this site , message him and he will get back to you for sure... Dr Rafael Hernendez.. Santo Domingo.... Great surgeron ... Good luck babe xx
Hi Tiki! I'm so glad you inboxed me, :) I have been thinking about getting back on here all week long, was just waiting for the right moment I guess. I'm gonna post under the thread a well because I want people to be able to read about this experience, but I might have to wait for that until tomorrow. Anyways, WOW, and WOW again!!! I am so, so glad I had the posterior colporaphy done. I am still saying wow! The difference in the way I look and feel down there, especially now that I'm starting to heal up a little more, is amazing. I feel like before I not only felt really loose, but I think it looked that way too, but not any more, lol! Yay!!! And you were right, the insurance covered all but the deductible. I would highly recommend this procedure to every woman who feels like they need some adjustments. :) I will plan to get on the thread tomorrow and really try an share some details about this experience because I think it really helps to hear real women like you and me talk about it. I know reading your thread is what motivated me to get my procedure. Again, thanks! lol.. it was the best decision!! :) Will share more tomorrow!
Ok, here is my story... I also had 3 large babies with one being a very difficult birth, very hard on my body. After time went on, I knew I felt looser down there even though neither my ex nor I ever said anything about it, I'm sure we both knew though. I also felt a little bit of a bulge protruding from the wall of my rectum into my vagina, especially when I had to have a bowel movement. And to be honest, I really never knew there was anything that I could do about, it until me and a friend of mine were googling help treatments for bat wings or saggy arms, that is when I came across this site, and after searching out everything I could on Venus freeze, I went over to the treatment tabs just to see what else was out there. That’s when I saw the treatment Vaginoplasty, I was really interested, so I read and listened to what I could on it, then came to this blog and read what you had written about it. I never ever even thought I would be able to get it tightened up down there, (the keigles didn't help the bulge) and then I thought I’d have to pay a good amount of money for it, but as it ended up, I only paid my deductible and the insurance picked up the rest. Now, after seeing my gyn, he confirmed that I had a small to medium size rectocele; so my surgery was set for the 24th of June, 2014. They had me come in the week before for a history and a physical. The morning of, I was at the Hosp at 6:30 am and the nurse put an iv in my arm. After a little while, the doctor came in and spoke with me, then the anesthesiologist. Then off to surgery! I woke up in the recovery room and shortly thereafter was taken to a room to stay the night. The catheter stayed in until morning, and I felt some pain and discomfort, so they gave me morphine twice in those first hours, then they switched me to 600mg of Motrin and ambiance to help me sleep. They sent me home around 3:30pm the next day with 3 prescriptions; Percocet, ambiance and Motrin, some pads and a peri wash bottle and home instructions. I am still bleeding very lightly, so I continue to wear pads, and after surgery, it did hurt some, so I took Motrin as needed, but it really doesn’t hurt down there any more, though I do know the stitches are still there. All I can say is, my experience was excellent! Even being in the hospital! You get your meals brought to you, you can relax and watch tv, I personally caught up on all the news, you can also walk the halls with a nurse. One thing that I did notice that I want to mention, about a 5 days out of surgery, I noticed a slight odor coming from the vaginal area, so I called my Dr and he had me come in. He said everything looked great, but explained that sometimes after surgery, the bacteria levels get out of balance, and he put me on a post-surgical antibiotic. Since then, I feel great. I’m back at work, (being very careful though) not doing too much and not lifting over 5 lbs. And as far as how I look and feel down there, I cannot even express how happy/grateful I am that I was able to get the surgery done, it was the best thing I have done for myself in I don’t know how long. I can tell, I am much snugger, looseness and bulging are gone!! Worth getting!! I highly recommend this to any woman who is considering this procedure. The procedure I had done was a posterior colporaphy. I honestly have no idea what the difference would be between a Vaginoplasty procedure and a posterior colporaphy, but as far as I see it, the desired outcome is the same.
Very helpful, thank you!! :)
I replied to you down below...sorry it took me so long! :)
How've you been TikiTango?
Good for you my sister is looking a wee tuck down there...I never gave birth co my wee lady stayed tidy so to speak...your a brave girl...il be showing my sister your post
Both of your ladies transformations are awesome! Congrats.
Hey tiki! How long is recovery? Great story! It has me really reconsidering things.
Btw...love how you are taking care of YOU! Great motivation
Hey figureAte!! Hmm, I believe it was 6 wks. If you've ever had an episiotomy it is similar. It's definitely worth it!
;)
Im getting a mommy makeover and a tighter vagina would be the icing on the cake for me. Thanks for sharing your story. Did your insurance cover this procedure?
lol, I know exactly what you mean! I'm getting a MM to go with my tighter vagina! :) Yes, my insurance covered the procedure.
what did you say to the insurance co to get them to cover your mm, or is it just the vaginoplasty that they covered??
Just the vaginoplasty was covered.
I’m wondering what steps you had to take to get the insurance to cover it. Did you go to an ob/gyn first and did he/she refer you to a plastic surgeon. I just trying to figure out how to go about this and at the same time get the insurance to cover it. I found out that the doctor ob/gyn that I'm scheduled to go too on Wed. does not do vaginoplasty surgery but he does other types of surgeries that include putting foreign things in that area for support. I don't want the foreign objects inside of me, I just want the vaginoplasty, so I'm going to try and get him to refer me to someone who does do them. I’m just not sure what language or medical phrases I need to use with the insurance company so that I can get a vaginoplasty covered. Thanks for any feedback…
My dr is my ob/gyn. What he performed on me was an anterior posterior colporrhaphy. He did not use any mesh or foreign material. He sutured the fascia that lies between the bladder/vagina (anterior) and rectum/vagina (posterior). He then removed the excess lining of my vagina. Check out **removed 3rd party website***. They're in Atlanta & Beverley Hills, they accept ins and do plastics also.
I assume my gyn office got permission from my ins carrier. I never had to say anything to anyone at the ins co. Also, look for a urogynecologist.
Awww, thank you so, so much Tiki, very helpful! I wrote down some key words and looked them up, then called my insurance and took some notes to my gyn apt. As it stands now, I am scheduled in about a week and a half from now for a posterior colporrhaphy. I asked the doctor to please snug it up while he's down there, lol, but he said, 'if I snug it up to much, intercourse will be painful.' I still said I would appreciate it. After reading about the surgery online, it looks as though one of the beefits is the area becomes a little snugger. I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time. I think I'm just nervous about the recovery time and what to expect. I know what the articles say, but am interested in hearing what others who have gone through it are saying. Thank you for all you've shared, it has truly helped. Btw, sorry it took me so long to respond, I worked a 62 hr week this past week and was wiped out!! :)
Hi Today777! That's great you're already scheduled for sx! Glad the info provided was helpful. Yes, what you're having done will snug you up. I'm beginning to wonder if 2 finger widths is as tight as any surgeon will make a woman. I recently read someone was told the same....2 finger widths. My dr. kept me over night and the gyn doing rounds the next morning told me I have a vagina of a 15 year old! :) I don't remember pain, just tenderness and an internal heaviness when it was first performed. Like it was uncomfortable to laugh and of course walk too much or too fast. You're not suppose to lift over 5lbs I think for 6 weeks. Unfortunately I didn't have help at home and had to lift my 4 mo. old! Be careful what you read. I read a lot of horror stories of dysfunction, I had to stop reading. It was starting to scare me out of going through with it. No worries about taking long to respond. I'm glad you did though I was wondering about you! I wish you well on your sx. I hope you'll let me know how you're doing after it's all said and done.
Whoa!! Oh gosh sounds painful. .
@lose, not at all, really...well, it was like having an episiotomy. I don't recall feeling any pain, (tender, discomfort) on the inside...just where the stitches were on perineum. It didn't hurt before sx either, just weird and very disheartening being 40 at the time and feeling like an 80 yo!!! lol