No More Loosey Goosey!! - Florida

After birthing 3 large babies I realized something...

After birthing 3 large babies I realized something just wasn't right down there. I would be doing dishes and feel as if there was something trying to come out of my vagina. When I would have a bowel movement it felt like something was trying to fall out. Naturally I got my camera and started snapping pix to see what I could see! There was a bulge trying to come out of my vagina??? I also had bladder incontinence when I would sneeze or run, anything jarring. I started googling, "feels like my insides are coming out my vagina" and found that I had bladder and rectum prolapse. I felt loose, and orgasm was getting harder to achieve, which was never a problem for me before, but my husband & I were having some problems and I just figured they were related. I went to my gynecologist, explained to him my problems and he told me I would need an anterior posterior colporrhaphy, we quickly set a date. I asked him to make me super tight, he said 2 finger widths.
My procedure was done as an outpatient in the hospital that my dr. has privileges. I went to my sister's house for a few days to rest. I didn't have pain, mostly discomfort and tenderness. I was so afraid to poop! I guzzled MOM and all was well.

I had read so much on the procedure from other women, I was afraid there would be pain or sexual dysfunction, but thankfully I did not experience any of that.

I am super satisfied! So is my husband! :)
Dr. Denis Perez

TikiTango not sure if my comment posted how long do you have a weight lift restriction? You mentioned not lifting over 5 pounds is that just for a recovery period or a lifetime restriction? How are you feeling now?
O hell no it is not a lifetime restriction! :) I think it was for 4-6 weeks...but I couldn't follow directions because I had a 4 mo old at the time and no help!
Thank you for answering my question. I have heard that if you have this type of surgery you can not lift over 15 pounds for the rest of your life or you risk re-prolapsing. Did your doctor give you any restrictions after your recovery period? Have you had any complications from mesh? You story is inspiring thank you for sharing. I would like to get my prolapses fixed as well. My Dr's and Physical Therapists keep telling me to hold off on surgery because sometimes they do not work or cause worse symptoms but you sound like you are doing wonderful!
You may be right about the 15lbs Imm73. No, I don't remember any restrictions. However, if he did tell me not to lift over 15lbs it would have went in one ear and out the other...not feasible! I did not have mesh placed. I read too many horror stories to even want to try it! Is your surgeon not able to reinforce the fascia?
TikiTango how long can you only lift 5 pounds?
OK so I'm reading into this and am very interested in having the anterior posterior done. What's the diff in this and vaginoplasty? With my insurance it has to be deemed medically necessary before they will cover it. I'm scared but so need this. I have had three babies myself and feel this "buldge" a few of you mention. I hate it and it makes me feel super uncomfortable. Any advice appreciated!
dntodom, I don't believe there is much difference between what I had done and a vaginoplasty. However, I'm not 100%. If your rectum is coming out your vagina it is medically necessary! Speak to your gynecologist or look for a urogynecologist that your insurance accepts.
Do you have the contact info for this Dr I was considering the procedure I am totally scared but after reading your post I feel a bit better.
You can find him on this site , message him and he will get back to you for sure... Dr Rafael Hernendez.. Santo Domingo.... Great surgeron ... Good luck babe xx
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Tiki! I'm so glad you inboxed me, :) I have been thinking about getting back on here all week long, was just waiting for the right moment I guess. I'm gonna post under the thread a well because I want people to be able to read about this experience, but I might have to wait for that until tomorrow. Anyways, WOW, and WOW again!!! I am so, so glad I had the posterior colporaphy done. I am still saying wow! The difference in the way I look and feel down there, especially now that I'm starting to heal up a little more, is amazing. I feel like before I not only felt really loose, but I think it looked that way too, but not any more, lol! Yay!!! And you were right, the insurance covered all but the deductible. I would highly recommend this procedure to every woman who feels like they need some adjustments. :) I will plan to get on the thread tomorrow and really try an share some details about this experience because I think it really helps to hear real women like you and me talk about it. I know reading your thread is what motivated me to get my procedure. Again, thanks! lol.. it was the best decision!! :) Will share more tomorrow!
Ok, here is my story... I also had 3 large babies with one being a very difficult birth, very hard on my body. After time went on, I knew I felt looser down there even though neither my ex nor I ever said anything about it, I'm sure we both knew though. I also felt a little bit of a bulge protruding from the wall of my rectum into my vagina, especially when I had to have a bowel movement. And to be honest, I really never knew there was anything that I could do about, it until me and a friend of mine were googling help treatments for bat wings or saggy arms, that is when I came across this site, and after searching out everything I could on Venus freeze, I went over to the treatment tabs just to see what else was out there. That’s when I saw the treatment Vaginoplasty, I was really interested, so I read and listened to what I could on it, then came to this blog and read what you had written about it. I never ever even thought I would be able to get it tightened up down there, (the keigles didn't help the bulge) and then I thought I’d have to pay a good amount of money for it, but as it ended up, I only paid my deductible and the insurance picked up the rest. Now, after seeing my gyn, he confirmed that I had a small to medium size rectocele; so my surgery was set for the 24th of June, 2014. They had me come in the week before for a history and a physical. The morning of, I was at the Hosp at 6:30 am and the nurse put an iv in my arm. After a little while, the doctor came in and spoke with me, then the anesthesiologist. Then off to surgery! I woke up in the recovery room and shortly thereafter was taken to a room to stay the night. The catheter stayed in until morning, and I felt some pain and discomfort, so they gave me morphine twice in those first hours, then they switched me to 600mg of Motrin and ambiance to help me sleep. They sent me home around 3:30pm the next day with 3 prescriptions; Percocet, ambiance and Motrin, some pads and a peri wash bottle and home instructions. I am still bleeding very lightly, so I continue to wear pads, and after surgery, it did hurt some, so I took Motrin as needed, but it really doesn’t hurt down there any more, though I do know the stitches are still there. All I can say is, my experience was excellent! Even being in the hospital! You get your meals brought to you, you can relax and watch tv, I personally caught up on all the news, you can also walk the halls with a nurse. One thing that I did notice that I want to mention, about a 5 days out of surgery, I noticed a slight odor coming from the vaginal area, so I called my Dr and he had me come in. He said everything looked great, but explained that sometimes after surgery, the bacteria levels get out of balance, and he put me on a post-surgical antibiotic. Since then, I feel great. I’m back at work, (being very careful though) not doing too much and not lifting over 5 lbs. And as far as how I look and feel down there, I cannot even express how happy/grateful I am that I was able to get the surgery done, it was the best thing I have done for myself in I don’t know how long. I can tell, I am much snugger, looseness and bulging are gone!! Worth getting!! I highly recommend this to any woman who is considering this procedure. The procedure I had done was a posterior colporaphy. I honestly have no idea what the difference would be between a Vaginoplasty procedure and a posterior colporaphy, but as far as I see it, the desired outcome is the same.
Very helpful, thank you!! :)
I replied to you down below...sorry it took me so long! :)
How've you been TikiTango?
Good for you my sister is looking a wee tuck down there...I never gave birth co my wee lady stayed tidy so to speak...your a brave girl...il be showing my sister your post
Both of your ladies transformations are awesome! Congrats.
Hey tiki! How long is recovery? Great story! It has me really reconsidering things.
Btw...love how you are taking care of YOU! Great motivation
Hey figureAte!! Hmm, I believe it was 6 wks. If you've ever had an episiotomy it is similar. It's definitely worth it!
;)
Im getting a mommy makeover and a tighter vagina would be the icing on the cake for me. Thanks for sharing your story. Did your insurance cover this procedure?
lol, I know exactly what you mean! I'm getting a MM to go with my tighter vagina! :) Yes, my insurance covered the procedure.
what did you say to the insurance co to get them to cover your mm, or is it just the vaginoplasty that they covered??
Just the vaginoplasty was covered.