Tummy Tuck #1 and Tummy Tuck #2 (Revision) - Florida

Since this website has helped me through my...

Since this website has helped me through my nightmare and recovery, I decided it's time to pay it forward and post my entire Plastic Surgery Journey.

The amount spent, approx. 31k includes...

04.15.2008
*Breast Augmentation Revision (400cc high profile silicone implants replaced with 600cc low profile silicone implants)
*'Full' Abdominoplasty (my nightmare-results are.. well lets just say I, and many doctors with whom I've consulted, have no idea what procedure was actually performed).

03.16.2010
*Breast Augmentation Revision (600cc low profile silicone implants replaced with 800cc moderate plus profile silicone implants)
*Full Reconstructive Abdominoplasty
*Liposuction/Liposculpting of the Hips/Flanks and Upper Back

Today is day 25 after my revision. I started by posting before and after pictures of the first procedure. I will post photos of the revision as soon as I have more time :)

Today is day 28 and I definitely over did it! I...

Today is day 28 and I definitely over did it! I really can't believe how long the healing process is taking this time around! I notice much more swelling in the evenings and tonight was a bit better than yesterday (I'm hoping it's the juicing I've started, cucumbers & celery for swelling and I add fresh apples and carrots) yum! I've also been religiously taking Bromelain (a homeopathic supplement) that funny enough, I read the bottle and it says its from pineapple stem, and pineapples are also supposed to reduce inflammation! I also still take Arnica Montana 30x as it is also a homeopathic supplement that is known to reduce bruising and swelling and help repair muscles. I swear by this stuff because with all of my surgeries (even my first, that's where I learned of Arnica) I did not get ONE bruise! And this time around the only bruise I got was on my bottom and I'm guessing it was from sitting on it so much because he sure Lipo'd the hell out of my back and hips and not one bruise! So I definitely recommend it, to say the least.

As far as discomfort, my tummy area is still a little sore so I've taken a few tylenol here and there but the worst pain has actually been in my hip and back area from the lipo. I still have burning and sharp pains throughout and the entire back area is still swollen and sensitive to touch. But I gotta say, in looking at my before and after pics, it is amazing how even with the swelling, all the fat and love handles are gone! Definitely well worth the pain!

I will try and update more pictures but it said I could only upload 20. I have a bunch of my back and more of my tummy. Should I start another review? Anyone know the answer to this?

The two things I am looking most forward to are

1. Swelling to go away completely so I can see the final result.... but as it stands right now, I am soooo happy that all of my stretch marks are GONE and my belly button looks 100x better than it did!!!

2. For day 42 to come (six week mark) so I can stop wearing these annoying garments/binder! (You ladies that are past me in the recovery, do you still feel the need to wear the garment after the six weeks?) I am one of those unlucky women that have the worst swelling! But I know that can be a good thing because it means that the doc actually did something right, and pulled our abs tight! YAY!

Well bed time for me! I will try to respond as fast as I can but you guys know how it goes with kids and work and the house! I'm wiped lol!

Oh one more note, I had the absolute best nurse ever! She was sent home with me for 4 hours after the surgeries (at the doctors expense). She helped me so much throughout this journey and even gave me her cell number and was such a blessing in my first week of recovery that she inspired me to go back to school and become a nurse myself! So today I was at my old college, and although I am not looking forward to all of the Pre-requisites, and being a college student again, I am so excited to have found a passion again. My current career, book keeping/ accounting, that I've done for the past ten years, sure has gotten boring

Oh yeah and I wanted to post more pictures but it...

Oh yeah and I wanted to post more pictures but it only let me post 20. I have to wear a bandage underneath my belly button with a bunch of cotton balls (kind of feels like I'm back in grade school making santa's beard lol). This is to stretch out the skin in between to make sure it doesn't indent and crease inwards. Those are the weird markings you will see from the pressure of the cotton/tape/guaze.

The Fountain of Youth Plastic Surgery Center/ Dr. C. Randall Harrell

I do not recommend anyone ever going to the provider listed. After being shocked and traumatized by my results, Dr. H couldn't even have the decency to confront me as his patient and explain what went wrong. Instead he dismissed me as his patient. He wouldn't even see me after my procedure, results, and the way I was treated, the entire experience has haunted me to this day. After two years of research, over 20 consultations (including traveling across the country), I finally found a doctor that was not only confident and skilled but specialized in tummy tucks and revisions. If you would like his data, please feel free to contact me, he is a miracle worker sent from heaven. :)

Why did you take your pictures off? I would love to see them as your case has actually given me hope that a revision could fix the mess I'm in from my TT nightmare!
I would love to see your pics as well!
So glad you ended up with a positive outcome. Where are your pics? Would love to see them.
How come I can't see any of her pictures? Can someone help me how to navigate thru this?
I am so glad u found a doc who did such a fab job and made u much happier with ur results. I am considering a revision too so if u could tell me the name of ur doc i would be more than happy for a consult with him. All the best on the rest of ur healing and post pics as u go along. I am happy for u.
You look amazing!!! I'm researching drs for tt, lipo, ba and bl. I'm in south florida. Where is your 2nd PS located? He did a fabulous job!!!!! Congrats! You're beautiful! (what's that diff between high profile and moderate plus??). Thanks!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It was very brave of you. I can't begin to imagine how any physician, or at least a responsible one, would continue to practice medicine after so many horrid stories. Thank goodness for your current surgeon and his gifted hands! Your revision looks amazing! Good luck and keep us posted :)

You look awesome! Best wishes for a prompt recovery and great results. Please forward the name of the 2nd. doctor.

WOW.... Your boobs are beautiful! Im sorry you went through that Girl and Just know your on the road to recovery... Good Luck
You look amazing...thanks for sharing!
I would love the name of your 2nd plastic surgeon please. He/she is a miracle worker, you look fantastic.

Dr. Azurin in Miami/Coral Springs Florida... Yes he is!

good info thanks.

Wow! Thank yall so much for all the helpful info! I am so glad I came across this website. Yall are gonna help me so much!
I hate you had to go through all that... that is horrible. but am I understanding this right that on your last tt, they cut you vertical? I am having mine in June and I swear that is what I need is a vertical instead of the horizontal cut cause my ps said she wouldnt be able to do anything with my flanks. (i guess that is what they call it) She said I would have to come back for lipo later on. I dont want to do that! You look great though!!
thats strange cause usually the lipo on the flanks can be done same time as TT. i was offered with my tt which was included in the price but i refused to have the lipo. you should get a second opinion.
I would definitely go and see a few different doctors and get a few different opinions before you get any procedure done because liposuction to the hips and flanks is a very common procedure to have done at the same time as abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Also, I had a vertical scar and horizontal scar from both tummy tucks and it is not something that you should want or desire.... the horizontal scar is necessary to have across your pelvis/hips/lower tummy because that is where they pull all of the loose skin and cut it out.. the vertical scar, however, is sometimes unavoidable because their may not be enough loose skin to stretch your old belly button all the way down to cut it out, so then the doctor would have to make a vertical incision. I am guessing that what you need (if you have loose skin also on your hips) is what they call an 'extended tummy tuck' where they would extend the scar further on your hips. Make sure you see the doctors before and after pictures and that the after belly buttons look good and the horizontal scar is as low as possible. :)
I would get a second opinion. I had lipo with my tummy tuck and I love it! It makes a really big difference. My PS told me that waiting to do it after could cause extra skin on the sides and then needing a slight revision later to remove the extra skin. I love the way my flanks look now. I'm really happy I did it. I would recommend having it done the same time as your TT though. Most doctors do combine.

I agree. It's pretty common to get lipo concurrently with a tummy tuck. You may want to talk to your surgeon about this or seek another opinion.

wow girl- you look Maaavolus daaling...! Yes, thank you for sharing, its hard to get exactly what you want from these guys- you just said screw it and made it all work out for yourself in the end! You look terrific! Big Boobies!! I was thinking he shouldve taken a bit more from me, but I have a vertical scar in the middle where old bellybutton was so Im assuming thats all he could do~ PLEASE post later pics! your scar healed fantastically the first time........thanks again girly!!!
Your second doc is a miracle worker! You look so fantastic!
Thank you hun!
you look absolutly fantastic aft your 2nd tummy tuck congratulations ,,,,,,it was hard enuf goin trough it the 1st time for me ,,only 2 months ago so stil in swelling stages every now and then ,,,but it looks great good luck wth rest of your healing hope it all goes well :)
That must have been terrible! I will say that I am impressed with how faint your scar is. Did you use anything on it? Keep us posted on how you are doing. Can't wait to see your revision pics!
Someone told me to massage my scars (after they heal of course) and so I did and it really helped break up the scar tissue and make them less rigid and bumpy and raised. I also ordered this little gadget from a company called Nuskin and it's the Galvanic Spa. I ordered the 'body shaping gel' and used the machine on my scars once or twice a week for five minute increments. Not sure how much the machine helped or if it was just time that healed them up so nice but I am definitely going to use the machine again and keep up the massages! The company is a MLM (i hate those) and I was getting vitamins shipped monthly but I cancelled my membership. You can find the reviews and the machine for cheaper on Amazon/google. Some people swear by it, some people think it's a scam but I think it really helped. There are also different functions/parts for the face and scalp etc.. I just posted my revision pictures. :)