Smart Lipo on Flanks, Lower Abdomen, Inner & Outer Thighs and Knees

I'm 36 years old, 5ft 6" tall and weigh 150lbs...

I'm 36 years old, 5ft 6" tall and weigh 150lbs (dress size 8). For as long as I can remember I've had "muffin top" flanks when I wear low rise jeans and my thighs have always been very full. Recently I've been very aware of the fat in my inner thighs...particularly as I've moved to FL and wearing bikinis more often!

I'm scheduled for SmartLipo on 02/11 and here are my before photos. I'm feeling a little nervous tonight (02/10) but have been taking Vitamin K supplements and Arnica tablets to minimize bruising/bleeding. I live alone and no one knows I'm getting this procedure done. So I hope I don't feel too unwell after the SmartLipo and don't get dizziness associated with the compression stocking. My doctor's office staff have been very professional and reassuring regarding the procedure.

I'll post again tomorrow evening after the procedure!

Post-op Day 2 I'm in a little less discomfort...

Post-op Day 2

I'm in a little less discomfort today. I'm still in pain, but it feels like I've had some consecutive, very gruelling gym sessions and I ache all over! I'm still maxing out on extra strength Tylenol and Arnica tablets. Last night I woke up feeling itching in the incision on my right knee. It was hard to ignore and return to sleep. If that happens again, I'll try some Benadryl, particularly if it occurs during the night.

My appetite has returned today. I'm trying to eat fruit and ignore the cravings for carbohydrates such as bread. I've also been trying to drink lots of water although that is a struggle.

I increased my walking today to four miles (2 x 2 mile sessions) and will try to maintain this for the next week before I can get back to the gym. I return to work on Monday so hopefully the pain will subside even more before then and I'll fall into a routine of walking after work.

I noticed a little more bruising and slight swelling this morning when I removed the compression garments/dressings. But still very little drainage. One part of me that was very swollen was my ankles. They were huge. Probably as my venous return is being compromised by the compression stockings around the knees and thighs.

I'm getting excited looking at clothes in my wardrobe which fell into the "I'll slim into that one day" category. Although for now, I feel huge with the compression garments and have been seeking the loosest, most comfy pants and sweaters I can find.

Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Spent time explaining the procedure and the results which I can expect. I feel I'm in safe hands and his before and after portfolio looks awesome!

I had smart Lipo yesterday 3/03/10. I have been researching this procedure and thinking about doing it for months. I thought I would be anxious but was not and the pain during the procedure was minimal. I talked to my Doctor and his asisitance through out. I had my adomen, inner thighs, knees and arms done. I am a very active person, 5'7' !155. I did not equire any pain medication and had very little leakage, they had drained me well. I had my pre-opt today and was please and so was my Doctor. I was able to sleep through the night, took a shower and removed my garment without help,did some exercising today. It is now 5:30pm ST and I am a little sore and tire. The best part they were able to use my own fat and fill some minimal winkles in my face. As of now I would highly recommend the procedure.
I am going in for my third procedure mostly on the same area )thighs and flanks) as I am very picky and store fat in designated places. Overall, I am still waiting to see if this 3rd procedure will give me the results I want. Please keep me posted on our results. Good luck.
Hope it goes well for you. I am very interested in doing it so please let me know how it goes. I am flight attendant and need a little shape up. Linda

i sure wii and you do the same. im always interested in hearing about other peoples recovery stories, ideas, and comfort.

Hey Linda ...I am a former flight attendant too. Flew for major airline for years. I had the procedure done in late Dec. and I must admit I am not happy at all. Still in pain...on and off stabbings in the leg. I only had inner thighs done because it was just very little stubborn fat so I figured let me give it a shot. I have dimpling now that makes it look like cellulite which was never there before. I am so unhappy, just wanted u to know.

hello, i know exactly how you feel, i was nervous as well before i had my procedure done on my stomach area and sides. i think that you will do just fine but after wards you might need someone to drive you home. if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.