A Self Injector Here...

When I first decided to get Restylane injected...

When I first decided to get Restylane injected into my top lips, I was so excited, I always wanted bigger, sexy lips! A plastic surgeon did it, it cost $600. She used the entire 1 ml syringe. After a week I noticed that one side of my lip was looking less and less full. I went back to her numerous times to correct it. She used a lesser filler to correct it called Prevelle. It only lasted for a month at a time.

Finally when that was depleted, instead of buying another $600. syringe from her, I found someone online who sold fillers to doctors offices. You need a doctors RX to order this stuff online. Most doctors want the revenue for themselves. Anyway I bought it for $200. - a whole 1 ml. So I had seen the doctor injecting me many times.

SO I got the courage up... and did it to myself... without any anesthesia! I was already too addicted to full lips not to try. It hurt a little bit, but they say beauty is pain right? So, I've been doing it to myself for almost a year now, and I notice that I need to reinject every few months. I guess my body absorbs it quickly.

I dont recommend anyone do this... I had enough experience to know how to do it. I have not had any ill effects.

This discussion has been closed to future comments as it promotes the illegal use of a product. Medical experts have advised the RealSelf Team that this practice is potentially dangerous, so
posts of this nature will no longer be allowed. Please read our Community Guidelines under the Be Safe category for further information.
I'm in the medical field. Side by side with a licensed plastic surgeon ... not injecting the patient myself of course. A lot of doctors do not know how to properly place the restylane. I buy from a canadian pharmacy. If you search enough you will find the one. I do not recommend buying from south America at all!
I am a self-injector, as well. I had the procedure performed on me several times, and while traveling found Restylane for sale in many pharmacies! I figured, why not! It was actually easy and pain free. I also get better results than before, as I know my face better than anyone. There are communities of self-injectors where we share tips, product reviews and more. There are actually many people like me. Too bad our country is not so 'free' that we have to pay a 500% mark-up for such a simple and safe procedure. I guess many need to be protected from themselves, though. As for me, it's my body and my choice.