A Self Injector Here...

When I first decided to get Restylane injected...

When I first decided to get Restylane injected into my top lips, I was so excited, I always wanted bigger, sexy lips! A plastic surgeon did it, it cost $600. She used the entire 1 ml syringe. After a week I noticed that one side of my lip was looking less and less full. I went back to her numerous times to correct it. She used a lesser filler to correct it called Prevelle. It only lasted for a month at a time.

Finally when that was depleted, instead of buying another $600. syringe from her, I found someone online who sold fillers to doctors offices. You need a doctors RX to order this stuff online. Most doctors want the revenue for themselves. Anyway I bought it for $200. - a whole 1 ml. So I had seen the doctor injecting me many times.

SO I got the courage up... and did it to myself... without any anesthesia! I was already too addicted to full lips not to try. It hurt a little bit, but they say beauty is pain right? So, I've been doing it to myself for almost a year now, and I notice that I need to reinject every few months. I guess my body absorbs it quickly.

I dont recommend anyone do this... I had enough experience to know how to do it. I have not had any ill effects.

I'm in the medical field. Side by side with a licensed plastic surgeon ... not injecting the patient myself of course. A lot of doctors do not know how to properly place the restylane. I buy from a canadian pharmacy. If you search enough you will find the one. I do not recommend buying from south America at all!
I am a self-injector, as well. I had the procedure performed on me several times, and while traveling found Restylane for sale in many pharmacies! I figured, why not! It was actually easy and pain free. I also get better results than before, as I know my face better than anyone. There are communities of self-injectors where we share tips, product reviews and more. There are actually many people like me. Too bad our country is not so 'free' that we have to pay a 500% mark-up for such a simple and safe procedure. I guess many need to be protected from themselves, though. As for me, it's my body and my choice.

It's important to note that buying Restylane online and injecting it yourself is very dangerous. It's also illegal because Restylane is a prescription product. Not even the original poster recommends self-injecting.

Please check out these Q&A pages:

Why can I buy Restylane at an online pharmacy?

Buying Restylane online and injecting yourself

Is buying Restylane from online pharmacies safe?

I've looked into ordering Restylane from Canada and Sweden, but they and you say that a RX is required in order to do so. Can you tell me how you ordered if this is the case? Thanks so much!

Linda, you can buy from {edited}...very inexspensive from Brazil where they are on the cutting edge of these technologies. Juveni is identical to Juvederm, or Restylane. Just don`t buy the PMMA..it is very viscous, to difficult to inject, and if you mess up your stuck with it for 8 or more years it`s considered permanent.The other Juveni products last about 8 mo. to a year. Mike

Edited by Sharon: Please share links via private contact only.
are u not scared of injecting into important nerves or blood vessels in the face . the face is highly vascular , u could damage a major artery or cause facial paralysis, how do u know where to inject unless u know what lies beneath the skin
I want to Know why the doctors charge to much for fillers , I will try to do myself
where i can buy restyline?
Most doctors want the revenue for themselves You think??? That is how they make a living-I am dissapointed that realself let you post this. You can buy anything on the internet does not mean its the real thing or a good idea.
I agree with both sides to be honest. It's more practical to go to a physician, but if you've gone for a year, you'll pretty much know how it feels and where the needle goes. If Doc's truly "need" this type of mark up and revenue just to survive, they should find another business. I can't personally justify $300.00 + mark up for less than an hour. People don't really want to have to explore but they will and take their risks. Other business people understand this and will sell the prescription with a mild mark up. My suggestion for everyone is Doc's suck it up a bit and still bring in revenue or lose it to someone who will. Eventually, plastic surgery will be a thing of the past and the avg person will vie for injections in the office or not.