Mommy Makeover - Florida

Hello to all of you wonderful ladies out there. I...

Hello to all of you wonderful ladies out there. I am a 34 years old, 5'5", and I fluctuate between 140-145 lbs. I am a mother of 4 children; ages 11, 7, and 5 y/o twins. My husband and I have been married 12 years and together for 16. He is a military man. It is hard being separated for long periods at a time (he is currently TDY now), but we have a strong marriage and make it work. We have lived in OK, AK, Germany, AZ, England, and now FL. We've only been in FL for a few weeks, but I am loving it. Life would be even better if I could actually feel good in a bathing suit. We are very close to the beach.

I am planning on a TT, BA, and liposuction of the hips and thighs. I have always been small up top and have wanted BA since I was in my early 20's, but I didn't want to do it until after children. I always have known that I wanted to be a mother and breastfeeding was important to me. I didn't want to take any chance of surgery interfering with my ability to nurse my babies. I fully breastfed all of my children, including the twins, for 18 months each. The only time in my life that I was a c cup was when I was engorged the first couple of weeks after the twins were born, but that's it. Usually, I'm a AA cup and I only grew to an A cup during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I guess one good thing about that is they're not too saggy.

Genetics and motherhood has given me a pear shaped body. Clothes have never really fit well on me. If my jeans fit in the legs and butt, they were always very big in the waist. It's hard to find flattering tops. Even with padded bras, I still look small especially compared to my bigger butt and hips.

My husband has always said that he liked my butt. I think he says that because I never had much on top.

I have worn a Spanx compression tank (the Incognito Slim one--a bit tighter than the other Spanx) since the twins were about one year old to try and hide my belly. It gets pretty uncomfortable and hot in the summer, but I feel so naked without it. It helps to hold everything in, but I am so tired of wearing it.

Honestly, I've never really felt sexy or all too good about the way I look. Even when I was in my early 20's and only weighed 118 lbs, I wore a shirt over my bathing suit. I was slim, but I never had boobs.

I have spent so much of my time taking care of other people. When I was a kid, my step-mother was a home day care provider. Often, I could not play with my friends because I had to help her. When I was 18, I became a CNA and worked in a nursing home. Then, I became a nurse, wife, and mother. So much of my time is focused on taking care of other people that I feel it's finally time to do something for myself.

I've been researching plastic surgery for a little over a year now. I wanted to do it shortly after we moved to a new place before I got to know a lot of people. I just don't want everyone to know I had plastic surgery. This is for me and no one else. I don't want to be talked about or gawked at or judged for it. Not that I really care what other people think of me or I'm embarrassed by it. It's just personal.

I had my consultation appt on 13 September. The doc took a lot of pictures of me. He used digital imaging to give me a pretty good idea of what I'll look like after the surgery. Looking at my expected results, I wanted the surgery more than ever. I was bummed when the finance lady gave me the projected cost. It was a lot more than my husband and I were hoping for. Looking at other people's cost, mine does seem to be high. Maybe it's our location? Maybe my doc is a bit more experienced and costly? I didn't even think of going for another consultation with a different doc. I really liked the one I saw. I feel comfortable with him. Plus, he has his own surgery center and no overnight stay. I am a nurse, but I hate hospitals and I hate being the patient.

My surgery is scheduled for 10 October. Five days after I turn 35. My husband will be back on 01 October. He is taking a week off from work. I'm confident that by week 2, even though I know I'll be sore, I'll be able to at least get the kids back and forth to school. I'm planning on starting a new job on 24 October (2 weeks post op). I don't have much choice. We need that second income. Hopefully, I'll have my drains removed by then.

I haven't told my kids anything about the surgery yet. My girls are ages 11, 7, and 5. My son is the other 5 y/o twin. I worry about what kind of message am I giving my girls? I've always tried not to pick at myself in front of them and have told them that what matters most is what's in the inside. Now I feel like a total hippocrit.

I also feel guilty. Guilty for spending so much money on myself, guilty for delaying working, guilty for not being able to take care of the house and kids. I have always done 95% of the house work and taking care of the kids (my husband admits to that), and I do 100% when he's deployed or TDY. I've never had a supportive family or even been close to family for them to help me when he's gone. I don't want to feel like I'm burdening my husband.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thank you for sharing all of your stories. I have enjoyed reading them, and it helps to know what to expect.

I will try to get some before pictures up early next week.

I'm still waiting on my FL nursing license before I can start applying for jobs, but I plan on using 24 Oct as a start date. I am hoping for a job as a lactation consultant or in L&D or NICU. I also like long term care. It is possible to find a desk job, but I don't enjoy sitting at a desk all day. If it looks like I need some extra time for healing, then I will take it. I had a c-section with my twins, and I recovered quick and easy. Some stories I've read that compare the tummy tuck (which I've heard will be the most painful and longer recovery out of all of the procedures I'm planning on) to c-sections say that the c-section was worse. Others, say the TT. I know everyone is different. I hope I am one of those who are able to bounce back a bit easier. The longer I put off work, the more guilt I have.

Thanks so much for your story! It's definitely time for some YOU time. I am a little concerned about you starting a job 2 weeks post-op, though. Will it be a desk job at least? Can you push your start date back a week?

Please let us know how you're feeling as the big day nears! Not much longer now!

Pictures added. They were difficult to take. ...

Pictures added. They were difficult to take. Since my hubs is still away, I took them with the mirror and right after having lunch. I also took some with my clothes since that is what other people see. I am wearing the padded bra from Victoria Secret, but you can tell how small I still am. I am also wearing my Spanx, which really helps to hold in the belly. I can't believe I'm posting naked pictures of myself on the internet, but you ladies make me feel comfortable.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I meant to say the padded bra from VS that is...

I meant to say the padded bra from VS that is supposed to add 2 cup sizes.

Don2worry, looks like you're abt the same body type as I am. I know the feeling well with the small boobs. I'm the one who's husband is worried about rocket launchers LOL! I want to go from a 34a to 34c which is hardly rocket launcher territory. Just want to fluff back out my deflated balloons! Good luck. I'll follow your journey.
Kids are resilient, God bless em'! I'm so glad you got the news off your chest, no pun intended...i'm impressed, no "SCRATCHES" w twins...WOW! 3850cc haha! I really should proof read...nah...425 ooh, sounds nice and perky! You pbly will pick out your profile on Wed. Let me know! You'll most likely try on sizers, and do photos for your file, if you haven't yet done so. I have not heard good things about the tear drop silicone implants, I believe they have the tendency to move around too much...
Moderate is what I may get. My bff was part of a case study for silicone implants 10 yrs. ago, and she has had NO problems, are they still look fab! She takes care of them and RARELY goes braless... It makes a difference. I know what you mean about your granny suit. I look decent in clothing, but stick me in a swimsuit, and I'm a little uncomfortable. I think I'll bonfire mine too! The only things I've purchased was an electric hospital bed and mattress, shower chair/potty seat riser, and a couple super cute zip up terry cover ups and slippers. I got the hospital bed and other medical supplies on Craigslist. A woman bought all these things for her grandmother, who passed in surgery, so It new, never used! The mattress was still in the box. I totally scored! $250 for everything! I felt bad, I was trying to give her more money, but she just wanted the items gone. My bed is upstairs, and high, so I'll need to stay downstairs in the guest room in my new bed. It'll be the most rest I've had in 23 years! I know I'll need to get other things, like spanx and items for scar therapy and such. So many things to do, so little time...I attend MOPS w my 3 yr. old tomorrow, and the topic is quick and easy meals, I can't wait, I''m planning on setting my hubby up w frozen meals and quick dinner ideas, so my kids and I won't have to suffer too much! :)
I told my kids tonight over dinner. The twins (5 years old) didn't seem all that interested in the conversation. My older girls (ages 7 and 11) were surprisingly understanding. I was so worried about telling them, and now I'm so relieved! It makes it more real, too. I bet it would be a little awkward telling your 14 y/o son about mom getting a boob job. I think I'd avoid that until it was absolutely necessary, too. Scratches...that's cute. I wish they could take the scratches off my hips and thighs. Surprisingly, I didn't get any on my belly, even with carrying twins to full term. You did mean to say 385cc, not 3850? Otherwise, you will be pretty lopsided. It reminds me of what another lady said on this site--rocket launchers! I forget what my doc said about cc's. I think one side was 425. The silicone makes a big difference in looking more natural. I'm glad I didn't do this years a go when the silicone was taken off the market. My doc didn't talk about the different shapes you can get--the moderate or high profile, round or tear drop. Do you know much about those? All I know is that I want them looking as natural as possible. The kids and I went to the beach today after I picked them up from school. Me and my granny bathing suit. A tank top and skirt. I am going to burn that thing soon. At the beach, I was looking at every female body out there. I'm so obsessed! I could only tell of one BA. Hopefully, there were more plastic surgery bods out there, and I just couldn't tell. Have you gotten any stuff for post op? Some of the ladies on here have mentioned a few things that really helped make them more comfortable, and I'm trying to make a list.

I had my pre-op appointment today. The first...

I had my pre-op appointment today. The first thing I had to do was pay. Then, I had to sign a bunch of surgery consent forms. After that, I saw the nurse. She went over everything with me; I didn't see the doc at all. I was cool with that. I have my complete faith that these people know what they are doing, and they do it very well. I have done so much research that I couldn't think of many questions. Plus, she explained things well. I wasn't offered to try on different implant sizers, not that I needed to. I am very sure of the size I want. I will be getting 500 (!) cc silicone implants. They will be the moderate plus profile. My lipo is not just inner and outer thighs, but complete thighs-including knees. I'm so very excited about that! Maybe I can wear skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear since I was a kid. I love the look of skinny jeans and high heels, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair with my current legs/hips/butt. The lipo on my hips and thighs will give my butt a better shape. Good news for the hubs who is a butt man. I have to wear a garment that goes from right under my boobs to the middle of my calves for 6 weeks. I can't take it off at all for a week, but I can shower with it after day 2. They said I can just towel or blow dry it. Weird to think of taking a shower with my clothes on. After a week, I can take it off to wash it. I will also have a binder on the tops of my boobs a couple of inches above my nipple to help push them down. I will have 2 drains that hopefully will be removed week 2 or sooner. I am getting Demerol for pain, since I'm allergic to Percocet. No Valium. Phenergan for nausea. That's about it. I dropped off my scripts to be filled. I also had to do blood work to check for anemia.

I have been feeling really bad about myself the past couple of days. I'm about to start my period and feeling really fat and ugly :( I hate feeling this way. I usually am a positive person.

Only about 12 more days to go! I think I have let go of the guilt, and I'm getting super duper excited. I am ready (emotionally)!

Hey, SassyMomma! It does look like we have the same body type. Hubs always said I have a black butt ;) It's going to be so much fun to have the curves on top, too! Do you have a date for your surgery?
Great idea on the meals. We are staying in a temporary house, but if I had my freezer I would be cooking and filling it up. Taste of Home has a lot of great make ahead meal recipes.

You got a great deal on the hospital bed. I think I'll just get some body pillows. I will try to sleep in the bed propped up. I don't think I'll be able to sleep in the chair. It is going to be so hard being cooped up in the house for a few days. I hope I'll be able to sleep as much as possible.

So...tomorrow is your pre-op! I know you are excited. Just a couple of more weeks til the big day! I'll be looking for your update. Good luck, Woman.
Is Taste of Home a website w recipes?
Sounds like you had an uneventful appt today, glad to hear. Were you photographed for your file? I'm def not looking fwd to that tomorrow. So you've decided on 500cc's? Will you be a full D? Hope you post photos!! Moderate plus sounds great for projection right? Tighter sexier clothing at this point sounds surreal, but will soon be a reality for us! I hope you're feeling better soon. PMS seems to be at it's worst when our minds are occupied w additional stress, then pile on motherhood, schedules, and surgery looming above our heads... this too shall pass... and judging by your photos, you are far from fat! but I do feel your pain every month...Wish me luck for tomorrow morning: )

I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck,...

I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck, Ladies! This is the one I want. A new body and possibly my dream job all in the same month? That so totally rocks! Hubs comes home on Saturday. Yay!!!

Yes my date is 11-8-11. I can't wait. My hubby is a butt man too. But from what I hear from everyone else, he will love the boobs when I get them!
I'm thinking that, too! Hubs has always said he is a butt man, but maybe that was only because I never had much on top and he didn't want to make me feel bad. I get more and more excited as the time nears. Maybe we'll get some sexy undies and bras for Christmas. Hubs has never bought them for me before since he always knew that I was very picky (only push up and padded), but now we'll be able to wear lots of different styles and they will look good! I'm so excited!
Taste of Home does cookbooks, magazines, and they have a website. I love the small cookbooks you can get at the check-out lines @ grocery stores. They usually put one out each month.

I know, 500 cc sounds like so much! I should only be a full C/small D. I don't have a whole lot of tissue to work with. The moderate plus profile is supposed to give me the most without being too wide for my chest. It is not the one that projects the most. I did not want rocket launchers (SassyMomma!). I told the doc I want them to look as natural as possible.

We did not do photos (thank God) because we did a ton at my consultation visit. I did sign the agreement that they can use my photos to show potential clients. If my photos will help someone else in their decision, that's great.

Yay, I started my period. Life is good again. It's just those 1-2 days right before that I get moody and on edge. The PMS has gotten worse as I get older. Yes, the stress adds to it.

I'm thinking of you today. Hopefully, you'll have time to post an update. Good luck!

Such great things are happening to me right now. ...

Such great things are happening to me right now. I got my dream job. Not only is it the work that I want to do, but my boss is super flexible with my hours. I can work some at the hospital and some at home. This means, I don't have to worry about before and after school child care for the kids at all. I can work and yet still be with them. I am so lucky and feel like I'll have the best of both worlds--working and stay at home mom.

Hubs came home on Saturday. It's great having him back.

My birthday is tomorrow! Yay, 35. I feel like I'm in the prime of my life. I have such a wonderful family. Hubs is my best friend. The kids are all at such a great age. I'm enjoying motherhood and watching them grow up.

My surgery is less than a week away. I've stopped obsessing about it so much. I feel ready. I've filled my scripts, did my labs, bought some lounge clothes, got some body pillows and books. I will stop by the library later this week and check out a bunch of DVD's. This weekend I'll clean and go grocery shopping.

I'm really happy with my life and to realize that I'm going to feel even happier and more confident about myself is so awesome. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful life?

Excited to hear from u post op I am getting mm on wed 2 days after u best of luck
YAAYYYY! I'm happy to hear that you got the job!! I said a prayer for you, it WAS meant to be! Happy belated Birthday...and what a present...a new bod! Can't beat that!

OK, so I thought I was emotionally ready for the...

OK, so I thought I was emotionally ready for the surgery but I'm getting really nervous again. I go on Monday, and I feel that there is still so much to do.

Hubs can't take off of work completely that first week like I thought. He will be off on Monday (Columbus Day), but the rest of the week he will take the kids to school, go to work, then pick them up and come home. He has been on edge lately (new job, money, moving), and I'm worried that the kids and I will be too much for him to take care of. He's used to me doing everything around the house and for the kids. I pray this all works out well for all of us.

Hi There, just wanted to letcha know I'm thinking of you: )
Sending hugs your way. Update us as soon as you can.
I bet you're excited! :)

Today is my second day post-op. I am very sore. ...

Today is my second day post-op. I am very sore. My boobs look HUGE and swollen. I only got a peek of my belly when I saw the doc yesterday. It looks great from what I can tell.

I'm going to have to post more later. My pain meds just kicked in, and it's hard to concentrate.

Hope you're doing well. Just wanted to check on you.
I agree mind over matter I gotta thiNk of the outcome perhaps on the third day of post op lol. My girlfriend brought me a cane to get around after tummy tuck and I can't imagine having to shower right now! Mess are definitely helping tremendously!!! I am excited about end result! ThAnk u!!! I am sure I have lots of questions for u but everything is a blur right now cause of mess :/
Hi I saw my dr and he says he can't do tt till I recover 8-9 weeks and boost my hemoglobins I'm bummed but at least I have time to forget about this pain! He said lipo was a lot and will take time to recover overall he said I look good and he is happy just being cautious

One week post-op. I had just typed a long...

One week post-op.

I had just typed a long update, and for some reason the site kicked me off.

I'm changing my vote to "not worth it" for the time being.

It's been one week and I'm regretting this whole thing. I have been so miserable. I'm in constant pain, I feel like I look like the bride of Frankenstein, my face, hands, legs from hip to toe are super swollen, I walk like an old woman, I have tons of bruising (even in my feet--why? from the massive swelling?), I can't take care of my family like I want, I barely have left the house (I can't put on a pair of shoes from the swelling). My boobs hurt, my back hurts, my belly hurts, my legs from hip to toe hurt. This really, really sucks.

I want to return to the land of the living. I want to start my new job next week, but it's doubtful that I can. I'm supposed to go in this week to do a drug test and more paperwork, but I can't even put on a pair of shoes. Plus, I have drain tubes hanging on me and the only thing that fits is a pair of sweat pants that are one size up my pre-op size.

When does this get better? I was no way prepared for all of this. Some people almost make it all look so easy.

hey, read your update and just wondering why your doctor did not tell you that you will not be able to work for at least 4 weeks. I know my doctor did, now after 6weeks I still stay free from work. I just not ready to go back yet. I hope you can find these time as a way to get a good rest cuz your body needs it. Good Luck.
My doctor told me minimum I would need two weeks. I would have to agree that if you have a light, desk job two weeks would be enough to return to work. I, however, have a very active and strenuous job so have yet to go back to work. I guess in the end it all depends on the individual and their bodies ability to heal. It does seem like the norm is usually around two-three weeks that is recommended off work.
I'm sorry things are moving slowly for you. I know how hard it can be with a new job to start and all. I'm hoping things turn around for you soon. Sending hugs your way.

9 days post-op Hi, Ladies. I am feeling much...

9 days post-op

Hi, Ladies. I am feeling much better today. I saw the doc Monday afternoon. He says everything looks great, even the swelling. The bruising in my feet is due to the lipo. Doc says it'll even travel to my toes. The swelling in my face and hands is gone--progress! My boobs are still hard and sore, but they have dropped a little. My nipples no longer point to the floor. I have another appointment on Friday. I am hoping to get my drains out. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I am doing much better emotionally. Over the weekend and through Monday, I was at an all time low. My husband actually moved us into a new house last week. I was left alone most of the time at the rental house. I think between being alone and not being able to help with all of the work of moving and the kids, I just felt helpless and mad at myself. I was also putting a lot of pressure on myself to recover so I can start my job and help out financially, especially after creating such a large bill. Well, it turns out that Human Resources couldn't process all of my paperwork to start me next Monday. I have a couple of more weeks to heal, and I still get my dream job. Money is going to be very tight, but hubs has a plan and at least I should be getting a paycheck in time to do some Christmas shopping.

Thank you for those that posted. It really helped to have some support. I wanted to have the surgery soon after we moved to a new place that way to try and avoid the judgmental people, but it's been rough not having anyone. I'm starting to rejoin the land of the living (thank God). I went to the grocery store Monday evening, took the kids to their dentist appointments yesterday and I've cooked dinner the past couple of nights. It feels good to be taking care of them again.

Wow, this has been a rough process. Thank you for keeping us updated throughout. You have a lot going on! No wonder your emotions were a little out of control.

Hopefully, when all is said and done, you'll consider this worth it. In the mean time, take care of yourself. I'm so glad your job is giving you a few more weeks before you start. Great news!

I just read your review and I am so happy you are feeling better. I also saw you are just 9 days out. That is still really early in the game. For me things got so much better when I could walk fully upright. That seemed to take a while with me :) I am now 6 months post op and to be honest I can't even remember the hard times at all! Things get so much better every day. I will tell you that you might be tired for a while but that too will pass!
Glad to hear you're feeling better. I was worried abt you. Glad you will still get your dream job. Just think, new job, body, house. Congrats!!!

14 days post-op Hi, Ladies! I'm feeling really...

14 days post-op

Hi, Ladies! I'm feeling really good. I think that I would've been fine to start my new job today. The first few days is classroom and computer training.

What a difference one week has made in my recovery! I got my drains out on Friday. That hurt!! It felt like someone was pulling out my intestines. There was a lot of gunk on the tubes. The infection probably make it a bit more sore. Doc gave me some antibiotics to clear it up. It was so nice to be free of those drains. My incision looks really good! It's just a very thin slightly pink line. I was also very lucky with my c-section scar. After it was fully healed, you can barely even see it. During the weekend, the swelling in my legs started to go away. I knew it when I was up all night peeing. My legs look and feel so much better! I'm wearing a pair of pre-op jeans today and they are baggy! How exciting. I probably still have some swelling in my legs because so far, I can't see my cellulite at all. As far as I know, liposuction doesn't take away cellulite. One can only hope that they were the exception. The boobs are still sore and a bit high, but I'm liking the fullness. So is hubs:) I'm walking fully upright. That is helping so much with the back pain. My energy levels aren't back to normal; I want to take little naps during the day, but what a huge improvement from last week. The bruising in my legs has improved, but I'd like to to totally go away before posting pics. My twins walked in on me yesterday while I was stepping out of the shower. I had been avoiding them seeing my body at all since surgery because I didn't want to scare them. They were concerned at first, but I told them that it looks much worse (mostly all of the bruising) than it feels and it will all go away soon. They were cool with that. None of the kids have really commented that my boobs are bigger. When I told them about the surgery, I had mostly focused on the belly.

I can't wait to see how I look and feel next week! I'm beginning to change my vote to "worth it."

Thanks for sharing! We are military too & just moved to the same area of Florida you must be in. I am doing the breast lift & TT next week with Dr Ennis(Dr Burdens partner). Just wondered how you felt about the staff & experience there. I'm a little nervous about the surgery but have enjoyed everyone I've come in contact with thus far
Hi there, I noticed you had surgery the same day I did. It is definatley a journey! I was miserable the first week also, didn't care about anything but getting better. I got a TT and BA. Im still very much swollen and I have my days where I just wonder if it will ever go away. But everyone says it takes time, it could even take up to 3+months. Glad you're doing better, Im back to work as well. Feel better, now I'm waiting to look better. (I do know my stomach looks better than bfore the surgery) lol.. Good luck on your healing!
Hello. I have really been very lucky in having a fast recovery. That first couple of weeks were horrible. By the third week, I was standing straight, all of the swelling was gone, the pain was minimal, I was back to doing all of my normal chores/errands and (this is the best part) I was shopping for clothes. I have been super busy and not good about updating. My bruising is completely gone, and I need to post my after pictures as promised. You are right, it has been quite a journey. Not just physically, but emotionally. I was not prepared for the mental/emotional part. I am happy to say that it really has all been worth it. I feel absolutely FANTASTIC. No longer am I obsessing over what I eat, how my clothes fit, or what I look like. I am just happy and confident all the way around, and that has given me more energy. Since I no longer obsess over myself, I can also devote more time to my family, work, and helping other people. If money can buy happiness, I recommend a mommy makeover :) I hope you (and all of the wonderful mommies) are just as happy with your results!
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Burden is great! He seems to really enjoy what he does.