Best $3000 I've Ever Spent. - Florida

Can't say enough about how this procedure has...

Can't say enough about how this procedure has affected me positively. Had the first treatment several weeks ago and am experiencing very little to no sweating in my underarms which I have had extremely excessively since my teens.

Tried all the prescription antiperspirants for years. Nothing helped. I had the Botox done several years ago one time and it worked very well buy lasted only about 9 months. I believe I have found what I was looking for. My anxiety is gone, other areas of my body that were sweating from the anxiety of very sweaty armpits have stopped, it's a very calming feeling. At $3000 it is not cheap and my insurance did not cover any of it but took my tax return and drove 2 hours to get it done.

The techs that did it were great. The only uncomfortable portion is the multiple anasthetic injections and I felt a burn a couple times in an area that wasn't totally numb but it's not a big deal. My pits were pretty swollen,numb, and not pretty for a few days so give yourself a day or two to relax with some ice packs and it'll be gone in no time. I receive the second treatment in May but am very happy with the results already so it can only get better. I'm confident this will last for a long time of not indefinitely. The peace of mind and confidence it has given me back is priceless. I am still in awe of how well it has worked. If I could give it 6 stars I would.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Update for me: Megan asked me to give an update, I thought I had posted one but I guess it didn't go through. It's been 6 months since I first had it done. Can still say it has been phenomenal. Really happy with the results. I don't think about it anymore and it's difficult to remember the years I had spent with the excessive underarm sweat. Everything is great. Armpits have healed up pretty well from the second treatment. I will say that there are still some marks on them and it seems like I don't have as much hair there as I used to which I can definitely live with and who knows, it may just take some time to grow back. It's hard to describe the residual markings but it is not bad at all. I could probably post a picture here soon if anyone was interested. And that may heal up completely in time as well. All in all, fantastic procedure and am 100% happy with the results and hope everyone who chooses to do it gets as good of results as I did.
I'm glad you mentioned the health care changes. I have not asked for assistance since I was denied by United Health Care. I have recently been switched by my company to Blue Cross and have not tried any appeals with them yet. I'm saddened by the lack of coverage for people suffering with this disorder.

Botox has actually worked really well for me and I use Robinul in between treatments to make the most out of them. However my assistance program is coming to an end and I'm very interested in the MiraDry procedure. Looks like cost will be around $3500 for two treatments in Seattle. Costly? Yes. But I'm hoping worth it. I'll be interested to hear your update about 6 months from now. For me it will be worth it if the result are long lasting.

P.S. Thinking about hitting my mother in law up for a "small" loan if I decide to go ahead with the procedure. She has a weak spot for me ;) I will gladly pay back every cent for something like this!!

Thank you so much for your reply and for the updates!

I'm very anxious to hear how this is going in the next month or so. I'm done with my botox assistance in the next 7 months or so and am looking for a longer lasting alternative. While the procedure isn't cheap in the long run is way cheaper than botox every 6 months. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Yes, it is much better than botox. I tried botox once. My experience with it told me that I wasted the nearly 1000 bucks.

All give you some advice, if I may...

1st-There are many financial institutes that will "assist" with the cost of Miradry. Such as care credit...You have to ask your doctor which, if any, they use. Helpful hint: just make sure if you try Care Credit you get "pre-approved" (speak specifically with an account person at your dr's office) for the specific account that you have. For my botox, I got the card, then went for the treatment...once I got to the desk after my injections, the card was rejected. Turns out, I did not have an account that had Visa. The doctor office I got it from only used Care Credit accounts that were certified under a Visa. Long story short...Care Credit did not cover the payment and I had to literally come up with after 600 (from my budgeted rent moneies) on the spot and make payment arrangements for the rest. Insult to injury, botox hurt going in and did not decrease the sweating-at all!!!

2nd-Because of all of the healthcare changes and shifts in coverages, more and more insurance companies are adjust or making hyperhydrosis allowances for the customers that they serve. So give it a shot with insurance.

3rd-I have even heard of some just saving most or all of their tax returns to take care of the costs.

4th-If your friends and family know of your sweating struggles, ask them for help. Be it a birthday "gift," christmas or whatever you decide to call it, several small financial donations of say 10 or 20 bucks from several people go a long way to help you gain money for the treatments.

Good Luck on your journey!!! :)

Looking into this procedure as well. Any more notes on this? Are you sweating more in other areas now?

If you are referring to compensory sweating (may be spelled wrong) - no. I am in an awkward position where I do indeed sweat elsewhere -groin and under breasts. Before Miradry, my primary focus was on my sweating in the underarm area. Now (even after just the first treatment) I am not spending as much time hiding and attending to changing shirts and reapplying deodorant.
My new "primary" focuses are the other areas. It isn't more sweating them usually in those areas, just I am more attentive to the sweat in those areas. It's like the attention has "shifted" since there is not much worry for the underarm area. Does that make sense? If not, then I will try to reword it. :)
I had mine done only five days ago in Charlotte, NC-an hour and a half ride from my home in South Carolina. Still in my "wait and see" mode. I have been switching out ice pack constantly. Not really what I excepted pain and discomfort wise. But, overall...the I have not notice any sweat or odor for that matter. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

Rita5107, please start a review so we can follow your progress and hear your thoughts on it. :)

Sure. So far, so good. The tech told me this time that the reason there was some residual sweating after the first one after a bit was because the glands that werent destroyed were stunned/dormant and became active after a couple months but the 2nd treatment (which actually uses a higher and more agressive heat setting) is supposed to wipe out most of the rest of them. Time will tell, so I will update in a few months. Absolutely zero sweating right now. As far any marks and discomfort, you will definitely have both after each session. The first couple days after are the worst, armpits are severely swollen and numb. Nothing a little ice wont fix but its not great to look at for a few weeks. But before I had the 2nd one mine had returned to normal, so it will probably be back to normal in a month or so. No lasting marks, everything heals. The device uses suction to pull the skin right against it make sure it makes contact so thats what creates most of the swelling and marks, almost like a bunch of hickeys in your armpits. Mine are clearing up nicely though, the numbness is what lingers a little longer, at least for me but it was almost back to normal before I had the second session so I should be good in a few months. Any other questions, let me know..!
markitekt, can you please share an update since you're now about a month past your 2nd and last treatment? Very interested to hear how it is treating you. And do you have any lasting marks and discomfort in your arm pit area? Thanks in advance!
This is cool to get help for underarm sweating, but is there any chance in the foreseeable future when patients can have miradri for groin area sweating???
Hmm, Im not sure. I honestly dont see this particular procedure ever being approved for anything other than underarms, unfortunately. Hopefully there will be something else in the future because I suffer from that a bit as well but I will say that after getting the underarm under control, the groin area has not been as bad. I think its a cycle where you get anxious and self conscious of the underarms that you start sweating everywhere else. At least in my case. But I will say that it has been better.
Still the same results?
For the most part, yes. I notice a bit more than I did after the first treatment but it is really nothing compared to what it was. Its mostly when I drink caffeine which I drink alot of unfortunately or when I get anxious but I still have yet to go in for the second treatment which is really supposed to get the maximum results, which Im actually going in for tomorrow, so I will post my results with that in a few weeks!

Markitekt, its been about a month since you posted your review. I'd love to hear how things are going for you. Have the results stayed the same, or have the lessened at all?

Megan, it's going great. The results have stayed about more or less the same. The only time there is any sweat that would be noticeable to me is if I drink too much caffeine but even then it is not anything substantial. The results were excellent for me. Hard to imagine now what it felt like to sweat that much. I have my 2nd treatment in about a month, which should enhance the results Ive already gotten. I can give an update after I have that done.